Life Without You...

By OMGaFlyingPeach

When Alice meets Ben she cant help but love him...When Ben leaves with no explanation Alice's life takes a bi... More

Life Without You- Part 2

Life Without You...

147 4 3
By OMGaFlyingPeach

Hello people who decide to read my awfull storey, its not that good so sorry. xox Bek. P.S- sorry about the spelling mistakes Lol :P

Part 1

I nibbled at the chocolate chip cookie I had quickly grabbed on my way out the door. It was a bit stale so I threw it on the wet ground in the garden and quickly ran to the bus that was waiting for me. I felt the warmth rush over me as I sat down at the back in my usual spot.

The bus pulled up outside Kats house, Kat quickly ran out the front door and into the rain she tripped on a rock and slipped into the mud, I grabbed my bags and got out of the bus to go help her.

Of course the bus driver refused to let Kat in the bus so we decided to walk, it wasn't that far anyway.

"I am sorry for making you miss some of your art class please forgive me Alice" Kat said when we got to the school gate.

"Its fine Kat im sure you would have done the same for me" I said.

"Yeah, well I'll see you at lunch bye" she waved.

"Bye bye" I said.

When I got to my art class I was absolutely soaked, the teacher scowled at me as I walked through the door.

"Alice matte I see you finally decided to join us, rather wet as well I see hmmm there's a towel in that cupboard over there clean your self up and then come and join us." Miss Makcoush our art teacher said.

I noticed as I dried myself off that there was only three people in the class plus me four, there was a red headed chick with glasses, and then there was josh the school nerd and then a dark haired boy who was wearing red skinny jeans, his eyes locked with mine for a moment and then the teacher snapped me out of the trance.

"Alice you will be working with Ben" she pointed to the dark haired boy.

"Yes Miss" I said walking over to the desk he was sitting at.

He had drawn an anime girl on his paper it was amazingly good.

"Wow that's really good" I said in my innocent girl voice.

"Uhh...thanks" he said shyly.

"Im Alice, nice to meet you" I said holding my hand out for him to shake.

"Im Ben" he said reaching out his hand, as our fingers touched an electric pulse shocked our fingers, we both flinched back.

"Sorry about that" he chuckled rather confidently.

"It's ok, so what's her name" I pointed to the girl on the picture.

"Umm I don't know, how about Alice?" He smiled.

"Ok" I smiled back.

*Lunchtime*

At lunch I told Luce, Jess, Kat and Ryan about the strange boy in my class.

"He's been at this school for like three years now, I remember when he was in our PE class, he refused to play any of the sports, apparently he sits in the library at lunch and draws pictures, what a loner" Ryan said.

"His drawings are great" I said defensively.

"That's about the only thing he's good at, he's in my science class, he's failed every assignment" Luce said.

I started to talk about our big English assignment and asked if anyone had started it yet, I didn't want to talk about Ben, one because everyone was saying bad things about him and two I didn't want to believe them.

Why everyone was talking about homework and how much school sucks I replayed the conversation I had with Ben over in my head, I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed him earlier.

*The next day*

The next day I was excited to get to school, when I got to school ten minutes early I rushed to the art room hoping Ben would be there.

Unfortunately he wasn't there yet, so I sat at the same desk as yesterday and began to draw constantly looking at the door.

I had sketched a girl and a boy the girl surprisingly looked a lot like me and the boy had dark hair, I couldn't see much of his face though because they happened to be kissing.

Then someone sat down next to me, it was Ben, my heart pounded up and I got little bit to excited, I fell of my seat onto the ground.

"Are you okay?" Ben asked helping me up.

"Uhh yes...just a bit dizzy" I said disorientated.

"Sorry to scare you like that" He grinned.

"You could off made some kind of noise or something" I said regaining full conciseness.

"You looked so happy just sitting there, I didn't want to intrude" he said.

I felt my cheeks flare and my mouth widen into a smile.

"Nice drawing" he said grabbing the drawing from my hands.

"Give it back, I haven't finished it yet" I said.

"You have now" he said drawing something on the paper.

I took it off him; he had drawn a bow exactly like the one I was wearing, in the girl's hair.

"You have to add the bow it gives you that innocent girl look" he said.

I started to say something but the teacher walked in along with the other kids.

"Are we interrupting something?" Miss Makcoush said.

"Umm no Miss we were just talking about how your teaching methods have helped us greatly" Ben said.

"Oh well carry on then" she said smugly.

She didn't bother us at all after that little comment.

"You have some paint on your cheek, here I'll get it for you" Ben said wiping some paint of my cheek with his sleeve.

We stared at each other for a few seconds then I broke the silence.

"So you don't like sport or science?" I asked.

"I hate everything besides art how did you know?" he asked.

"Just a guess I don't like those subjects much myself" I didn't want to tell him about the things my friends had said about him.

He continued on with his art work and that was the last time we spoke until lunch.

I decided not to sit with my friends, Kat would bug me about it after, I decided to sit with Ben.

As I approached he smiled at me and cleared the seat next to him, like he knew I was going to sit there.

"Can I sit with you?" I asked.

"If you want" he said simply.

"How's your lunch?" I asked eying his burger.

"Its satisfying, do you want some?" he asked noticing me staring at the burger.

"No no im a vegetarian" I said.

"My sisters a vegetarian to, I don't get it myself" he said "So what are you planning to eat then?"

I pulled a red apple out of my pocket and took a bite.

"An apple...hmm I don't like red ones much, they have a strange taste" he said.

"Strange ive always thought the green ones had a weird taste" I laughed.

"There's definitely something wrong with us" we both laughed.

Then out of the corner of my eye I saw all my friends staring at me, they didn't look to happy.

"Hey do you want to come shopping with me and some of my friends this afternoon?" I asked.

"I don't really know your friends and I don't think they like me to much anyway" he said.

I looked behind me and saw that they were looking at me in disgust, everyone except Jess, she was smiling.

"Don't worry about them they will come to like you, and besides I'll protect you" I joked.

"I hope so, because here they come" he said.

They were walking towards us smiling except Ryan who looked very angry.

"Hey Alice can we sit here?" Kat asked.

"Yeah sure, umm you don't mind do you Ben?" I asked.

"No the more the merrier" He smiled.

"Cool, umm im Kat nice to meet you" Kat said.

Everyone was introduced besides Ryan who was staring at me.

"So are we still going shopping this afternoon?" I asked.

"I can't come I have to baby sit my little sister again" Jess said sadly.

"Do you guy's mind if Ben tag's along?" I asked.

"Sure, it will be great with more people" Luce said.

"Great, so we can all meet at the mall at like 4:00?" I asked.

"Yeah by the fountain" Kat said.

"I live out of town so unless I can stay with one of you's until four then I don't think I can come, my dads cars dead at the moment" Ben said.

"You can stay with me" I said quickly.

"Okay thanks" he smiled.

Luce and Kat were eyeing me.

The bell rings finally and everyone leaves the table of to there classes except Ben who stood there waiting for me to say something.

"Meet me at the gate after school?" I asked.

"Sure, Bye" he said walking away.

Then once again I felt lonely.

*After school*

I could see him waiting at the gate for me, I speeded up my walk.

"Hey how was your afternoon?" he asked.

"Very normal, yours?" I asked finally reaching him.

"Boring" he said.

We stood there for a moment, then I remembered how strange we must look just standing there not saying anything.

"Umm well my house is this way" I pointed down a pathway leading to the left.

"Okay lead the way" he said.

We didn't say anything as we walked down the street; I could see my house in the distance my mum's car was parked out the front.

As we got to my house I could see my mum coming out the front door.

"Hey Annette" I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh hi darling, I was just stopping by to talk with your dad...oh who is your friend?" my mum said spotting Ben.

"Annette this is Ben, Ben this is Annette" I said.

"It's very nice to meet you Mr's matte" Ben said.

"Yes nice to meet you, and its Miss" she said shaking his hand.

"Well bye Annette" I said walking towards the door.

"Bye kiddies and remember to be safe" she said.

Omg what an embarrassment, I hated my mother so much she cheated on my dad with my dad's boss, I never called her mum again.

I'd totally forgotten that Ben was following me, until I got to my room.

"Sorry about that" I said.

"Why don't you call her mum or mother?" he asked.

"Because she is not my mother and she never will be!!" I yelled a bit.

"Sorry I didn't mean to make you angry, its just she looks almost as beautiful as you" he said.

All my anger flowed away at that comment, he thought I was beautiful.

"Please im uglier than her" I faked trying to act normal.

"No it's true you're the prettiest girl ive ever met" he said.

For some strange reason I ran up to him and gave him a giant bear hug, I didn't notice that my dad just walked in.

I let go of him embarrast.

"Is this your boyfriend Alice?" my dad asked.

"No dad that was a friendly hug, nothing more" I said quickly.

My dad was funny about boyfriends.

"Okay then, who is this friend of yours?" he asked.

I looked at Ben and was surprised to see that he was blushing a Rosie red.

"This is Ben, he comes to my school, and he's coming shopping with me and the others" I said.

"Nice to meet you sir" Ben said regaining normal skin tone.

"Yes nice to meet you" my dad said "well im of to work, be home by ten Alice, do you need any money?"

"No I have some left over from last time" I answered.

I checked my watch it was ten to four.

Ben wore a black shirt with bullet for my valentine on it, with black skinnys and black converse. I wore my yellow bananas in pajamas shirt and my black skinnys with my yellow converse.

"Do you know what im thinking B1?" Ben joked.

"No I don't think I am B2" I answered.

"Im thinking I like that shirt, were did ya get it?" Ben said.

"My dad got it for my birthday, I don't know were he got it" I laughed "I like your tee to where did you get it?"

"E-bay greatest shop in the world" he chuckled.

We were almost at the mall; I could see the others by the fountain waiting.

"Hey guys, sorry were late shall we go then?" I said reaching them.

First we stopped at my favorite shop 'Gothic Lolita' they were having a sale; I was in the skinny jeans section looking at some new piano jeans when Ben came around the corner.

"I got cornered by some of your friends, you weren't there to protect me" Ben said smiling.

"Oh no what did they say, don't believe anything they say there..." I didn't get to finish he stopped me in mid sentence by putting his finger on my lip and whispering 'Shhh'.

I knew I was blushing, but the touch of his fingers on my lips was soft, then a bit overwhelmed I feinted.

When I woke up every one was huddled around me.

"Alice are you okay?" Kat was asking me.

"What happened?" Luce asked.

I could see Ben smiling at me.

"Umm I was talking with..." I murmured "And then I feinted, sorry guys it wont happen again" I sat up.

"I think you need to go home Alice you don't look very good" Kat said.

"No im fine really..." I stood up quickly, swerved to the left were Ben straightened me up.

"I'll take you home" he said.

I couldn't refuse to that, he held me straight all the way to my house, were he sat me down on my bed.

Then he began to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"I think you're allergic to me" he said.

"No it wasn't your fault at all, look" I said reaching my hand out to his face, I touched him on the cheek lightly.

My hand lingered on his cheek for a few seconds then I dropped my hand and lowered my head so I couldn't see him.

"Sorry I didn't..." I attempted to say.

He grabbed my chin with one hand and his other on my shoulder, then he pulled his face to mine and our lips touched for the first time.

I awoke the next morning to an empty room.

Last night me and Ben had kissed, but I wasn't sure what that kiss meant.

I got ready rather quickly and was of to school before the bus arrived, I stopped at Kats house on the way.

"So what happened? I want every little detail" Kat said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Do you like him? Did you kiss?" She said.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked even though I knew exactly who she was talking about.

"You know Ben" she said.

"Ohhh" I said.

"Soooo?" she said.

"We might have kissed a bit" I admitted.

"So you do like him" she smiled.

"Well yeah, but im not sure that he likes me" I said.

"Well of course he likes you, what's not to like about you" she said.

"Hmm well any way how's you and Ryan going?" I asked, Kat has liked Ryan since forever.

"He still hasn't noticed me at all, he's to interested in Jess to even take the time to consider me" she said sadly.

"He will wake up and see you one day, and besides Jess doesn't like him so he will have to give up on her one day" I smiled.

"Thanks Alice you always make me feel better" she hugged me.

"That's what im here for" I hugged her back.

I had sport first up, we were playing footy Ryan was my partner.

"So Alice do you like that Ben guy?" he asked.

"Would it matter if I did?" I asked kicking the ball to him.

"He's a fag" he said kicking it back.

"Why's this?" I asked.

"I was talking with some of my mates and they said that he's been to a 'Psycho School'" he said.

"And you believed them, you saw him yesterday he's a complete angel" I was getting angry.

"Yeah maybe around you" he scowled.

"Just stay out of it" I ditched the ball at him and stomped of.

I was still angry at lunch, and walked straight pass were Ryan and the others were sitting, to were Ben usually sat.

He wasn't there, my heart stopped, were was he!?

After school all I could think about was Ben, so I watched my favorite movie to take my mind of things, as usual I cried at the sad part, at that point I'd had enough.

I finished my homework, had a shower and ate some dinner then I crashed out on my bed with my shoes still on.

I started to have a strange dream, in the dream someone had set the school on fire and I couldn't find Ben any were, I kept on hearing him yelling help but I couldn't help.

"Alice, Alice wake up" my dad shaked me.

"What were is he?" I asked waking up.

"Who?" he said.

"Umm no one, what's the time?" I asked.

"Its 11:34 we have to go to the hospital, your mum's had a heart attack" he said.

"She's not my mum" I exclaimed.

"Ok im not asking you to come im ordering you, she's your mother no matter what she's done now get up and get dressed were going" he said.

I got up and pulled on my dressing gown, looked at him as if to say 'are we going or what?'

"Your not seriously going to wear that to the hospital?" he frowned.

"Your lucky im even coming, besides I don't care what they think, im supposed to be sleeping you know" I said walking out the door.

It was silent in the car as we drove to the hospital, when we got there some nurse's showed us the way to the ward she was in and told us to wait outside for a few minutes.

There wasn't many people here, obviously they were trying to sleep I thought, then I saw a boy with dark hair come out of the ward the nurse gone into, it was Ben he looked sad.

I attempted to say something but then the nurse came and got us, my dad gave me a look as to say 'come on'.

I frowned but followed him in, I'd talk to Ben tomorrow if he goes to school.

The ward was dark and there was three beds, an old man in the first who was sleeping, a young girl about my age in the second bed she was wide awake and staring at me as I walked past, then there was my so called mother in the last bed.

As I saw her laying there, drips connected to her wrists and machines around her I felt sorry for her.

"He-l-o" she said in a crackling voice.

She sounded awful.

"How are you?" my dad asked taking her hand.

I hadn't seen my parents hold hands in years, it was comforting.

"A-li-ce" she said.

"Yes" I answered.

"Come h-er-e" she said holding out her hand.

I came stayed with her for half an hour and talked, then the nurse came and said she should rest, so we said good-bye and went.

As we walked back down the hall the girl who was awake was now asleep, she reminded me of someone...

to her and grabbed her hand.

"Wi-ll y-ou for-gi-ve m-e?" she asked.

To my own amazement I could forgive her, but couldn't say the words so I simply said.

"I love you mum"

She smiled.

"I lo-ve you t-o dar-ling" she said.

We stayed with her for half an hour and talked, then the nurse came and said she should rest, so we said good-bye and went.

As we walked back down the hall the girl who was awake was now asleep, she reminded me of someone...

Continue Reading