Camera Ready | B. Barnes ¹

By -mxrlin

"She might not talk, but she can tell one hell of a story" Dia doesn't talk by choice, only a few people kno... More

Camera Ready
01 → Up&Up
02 → Welcome to New York
03 → Don't Cry
04 → Don't Panic
05 → Yakety Yak
06 → I Feel So Bad
07 → Sleepyhead
08 → Feelings
09 → Kites
10 → Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing
11 → Sunday Morning
12 → Polaroid
13 → Breathe
14 → Poker Face
15 → Fun It
16 → Strawberry Swing
17 → Everything's Not Lost
18 → God Knows I Tried
19 → Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song so We Wouldn't Get Sued
20 → Club Tropicana
21 → Clair De Lune
22 → Le Freak
23 → O "Fly On"
24 → Ob-La-Di
25 → Ob-La-Da
27 → Mr. Blue Sky
28 → Woke Up This Morning
29 → Viva Las Vegas
30 → Build Me Up Buttercup
31 → She's A Rainbow
32 → 20.1338° S, 67.4891° W
33 → Fix You
34 → Stay Frosty Royal Milk Tea
35 → Shingalin
36 → I Hope I Get It
37 → Anenome
38 → The Goonies 'R' Good Enough
39 → Déjenme Llorar
40 → Un Beso
41 → Fluorescent Adolescent
42 → Girls/Girls/Boys
43 → Kokomo
44 → I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
45 → When We're High
46 → Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
47 → Filthy/Gorgeous
48 → I Turn My Camera On
49 → El Muchacho de los Ojos Tristes
50 → Eres Tú
51 → 42
52 → Fernando
Bonus → La Llorona
Bonus → Happy Birthday Bucky and Josh
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT

26 → Feel It Still

21.9K 989 599
By -mxrlin

"Sorry daddy, I've been bad"

"For the last time, Wade" Matt gave an exasperated sigh "the line's 'forgive me father, for I have sinned'"

"Are you sure it's not the way I said it? It sounds better" Wade said. 

"Why do I even bother?"

"Because Matty, you want me on your team" Wade wrapped an arm around Matt's shoulders.

"I don't want you on my team" he shrugged Wade's arm off "you are the one who wants me on your team"

"That's right, Team Red!" Wade exclaimed "You, me, the Spider-Man kid who most likely will choke on a cinnamon roll"

"I can confirm that Peter Parker almost choked on a cinnamon roll" Dia informed the two men "someone made cinnamon rolls at the X-Mansion one day, Peter was so excited he nearly choked on one while he ate it– Wait, you're forming a team?"

"Well since the X-Men, no, wait, X-Person, don't want me and you're not making any progress with my acceptance to the Avengers, I decided to form my own group. Team Red" Wade explained "I already have Matty"

"I did not agree to this" Matt interrupted but Wade ignored him.

"And little Peter. Hey, Isa's ex isn't part of the Avengers, right? I'll recruit Strange later. Maybe I can get Thor, he has a red cape, right? Maybe even Iron Man" Wade began to get excited.

Dia smiled and looked down at the ground. Her, Wade and Matt sat on a bench outside Matt's church. It was a bit funny how they all just literally stumbled into each other at a street corner. For some reason Wade was running and tripped over his feet and crashed into Dia who fell face forward but her fall was softened by Matt who came around the corner. Their injuries include bruises and scrapped knees for Dia who is wearing shorts.

After they got up, they walked around and came to a stop at the church and sat on a bench where they've been talking for the past hour.

"Ooh, you know who would be a good addition to the team? Frank" Wade smiled.

"Castle? No, he has issues" Matt shook his head.

"I wouldn't call them issues" Dia began "issues are something you can fix"

"I'm so telling him that" Wade said "he's going to shoot my beautiful day"

"If he didn't shoot Pablo when he told the people at the bar that he's related to Frank Castle, I don't think he'll shoot me"

"You're related to Frank?" Matt asked in confusion.

"No. He just said that because he wanted people to pay their tabs. And they did" Dia informed "I mean Castillo is Castle in English"

"Oh my god" Matt sighed.

Wade gasped and turned to Matt who is sitting in between him and Dia "do not take the lord's name in vain!"

"Okay, I'm leaving" Matt pulled his cane out and began to unfold it "I'll talk to you later Dia. Wade...let's give it a couple years" he went through the church gates and began to make his way inside.

"Yeah, go tell your daddy you've been a bad boy!" Wade placed an open hand by his mouth to intensify the sound. Dia quickly slapped Wade's arms to get him to stop "alright Mrs. H, what do we do now?"

"I have something to do with Logan" she signed.

"Of course you do" he smirked "Can I join? I miss Logi-bear"

Dia nodded. She reached around her neck to take the golden necklace off, she then slipped the ring through two fingers on her left hand. Holding her left hand up, she moved her right hand in a circle and opened a portal straight to the kitchen in the X-Mansion.

"Hi Wade! Hi Dia!" A cheery girl waved from the kitchen counter.

"Hi Yukio!" Wade waved back as did Dia.

·𖥸·

"Clint told me to remind you that the twins birthday is coming up" Natasha looked up from her phone as she received a text from Clint. Her eyes scanned the group of people that sat with her at the table. The twins aren't there so its safe to talk about their birthday.

"What a dad" Sam shook his head.

"What should we do for their birthday?" Steve asked the group.

"Give them a gift card" Bucky commented. 

"Pietro wants a pet. Maybe Bucky can offer one of his goats?" Bruce smiled.

"Leave my goats alone" Bucky narrowed his eyes at the man sitting across from him. 

"Clint says that Pietro shouldn't have a pet. He can barely take care of himself" Natasha told the group. 

"If he wants to plan their birthday, maybe he should show his face and not text" Sam suggested.

"Clint's right. Pietro can barely take care of himself" Steve said in agreement.

"Actually he takes pretty good care of Dia in the middle of the night when she gets attacks because of nightmares" Natasha informed.

Bucky looked up from the table when he heard that "what?"

Sam smirked at that. He noticed a mood change in Bucky ever since he began to hang out with Dia. But then after the zoo trip almost two weeks ago, Sam noticed that the two of them have grown closer. He sees that Dia would sometimes take Bucky's phone and return it to him a couple hours later. Or how Bucky would sit and state at Dia with a smile as she would use her hands to tell an expressive story (Luis might've interrupted a couple times, but that only made him smile as he got to see how Dia would try to push her cousin out of the story but he would push his way back in)

"What's up with you and Dia anyway?" Sam asked Bucky.

"What do you mean?" Bucky asked.

"The fact that you and her hang out...a lot"

"I hang out with all of you equally" Bucky told the group. Murmuring broke out in the table as they voiced their opinions.

"I've been feeling neglected, not gonna lie" Steve admitted.   

"You always feel neglected" Natasha scoffed.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Steve frowned.

"I've seen you two talking– well actually, you do the talking and she does the signing. But I've seen you talking several times and possibly for hours" Bruce inputted.

"Friends talk" Bucky slowly said "do you not talk to your friends?"

"But what do you talk about?" Clint's voice was heard, startling everyone.

The group turned to the screen at the end of the table and saw Clint staring at the group through the screen.

"When did you show up?" Sam asked the man.

"Nat just put me up" Clint answered.

"Hey, Clint. How's the family?" Steve asked hid friend.

"Good. They're fine, thank you for asking" Clint smiled "so, Barnes, back to you. You're hanging out with little day now? What do you guys do?"

"Talk for hours" Bruce replied.

"Dia? Talking? More like signing for hours" Clint chuckled. 

"Oh, like you don't do the same thing?" Natasha smirked. Clint narrowed his eyes.

The silence in the group was cut short when loud singing was heard. They were momentarily confused for they don't know who's singing or what they're singing.

"¿A donde vamos a parar? Con esta hiriente y absurda actitud" Luis sang loudly as he entered the kitchen.

The group stared at a singing Luis for a moment as he walked around the kitchen to get a glass of water and a snack.

"Démosle paso a la humildad, y vamos a la intimidad, de nuestras almas en total plentitud!"

"Nice singing, Luis!" Sam called out with a smile.

Luis looked up at the mention of his name and saw members of the Avengers sitting at the table "oh thanks. I just finished watching Teresa and the song came up and now it's stuck in my head"

"Is that another novela?" Natasha asked.

"Yes" Luis nodded "I've been binge watching Teresa on Netflix. Don't judge"

"Don't worry, we won't" Clint assured "so, Luis, you're close with your cousin"

"Ignacio? Ernesto?" Luis began "yeah"

"I meant Dia" Clint corrected.

"Oh! Little Dia. Yeah. She's my little cousin. I taught her the way of life" Luis nodded as he approached the table.

"You taught her to steal?" Steve gasped.

"What kind of example would I be setting my little cousin?" Luis placed a hand on his chest "although when I was locked up, she used to smuggle in food for me. She smuggled in a Nintendo DS, I don't know how"

"It must be the way she managed to act like a ghost the first week here. No one saw her" Bruce commented.

"You idiots didn't see her" Natasha scoffed and played with her hair.

"You know, that reminds me–"

"Okay, Luis, before you begin another of your long stories" Sam interrupted Luis "you've been crashing Dia and Bucky's conversations all week. What do they talk about?"

"Stuff" Luis shrugged "mostly about San Fran"

"Yeah, just friends talking about Dia's hometown" Natasha waved off "THE PLACE WHERE SHE GREW UP!" She slammed her hands on the table and leaned over to give Bucky a cold look "my little day!"

"Nat, are you always this protective of Dia?" Steve questioned.

"One time she pushed me and called me Borky Burns to get to Dia" Bucky frowned.

Sam snorted "Borky Burns. Whoever came up with that name is a genius"

"You came up with that name" Clint reminded.

"I know. I'm a genius!" Sam cackled.

"Guys, guys, guys!" Tony Stark rushed into the room as he held a large bag in his hand. He set the bag on the table and scanned the area.

"What's that?" Bucky motioned at the bag.

"I got a present for Wanda for her birthday" Tony began to take a box out of the bag.

"What about Pietro?" Steve asked.

"The ghost doesn't need presents" Clint spoke up "what'd you get Wanda?"

Tony took the lid off the box before carefully turning it around. Inside the box is a beautiful porcelain doll. It has a velvet red dress, a matching hat with flowers on one side, blonde curls, and big blue eyes. The doll has pink lips and cheeks with a light pink blush, the doll is also carrying a small bag in its hand. There's protective paper around the doll inside the box and the doll itself looks very expensive.

"A doll? Tony, she's not turning six" Bruce told his friend.

"No! I remember one time we were out and Wanda stopped at this doll store and stared at this doll for minutes. She said she's always wanted a porcelain doll" Tony explained.

"I'm surprised you remembered" Steve admitted.

"Why do you guys find it so hard to believe that I actually care about you idiots? This is why Peter and Dia are my favorites" Tony muttered.

"A porcelain doll? That's creepy" Luis took a step away from the table.

"Actually it's a nice doll" Natasha admired the doll in the box.

"See? If Natasha likes it then Wanda will too. I'll ask Dia, see what she thinks" Tony gently set the box down on the table.

"Yeah, I don't think–" but Luis didn't get to finish because his cousin walked in, humming to herself and holding a folder to her chest.

They saw her enter but didn't know that she was gone in the first place. They saw the folder in her arms, and the happy mood she's in. They also noticed bandages on her knees and wondered where in the world she's been.

"Dia! Dia! Come here please!" Tony called her over and began to pick up the box. Dia walked over to the table with a smile on her face "what do you think of this?" He held the box up for Dia to see the doll.

Dia screamed and dropped the folder to the ground. She made a cross with her fingers and began to back away, a look of pure horror on her face.

"Dia doesn't like dolls" Luis informed. Tony turned to him "especially porcelain dolls"

"What? Why?" Tony turned back to Dia who is now crossing herself.

"Our abuelita used to have a porcelain doll in her house" Luis began to recount a tale "it was in the corner of the living room. That living room was great for sleepovers. I remember this one time almost the whole family spent the night there and I swear, people were sleeping on top of each other. At night, there was a snoring orchestra and Dia stuffed their mouths with whip cream to keep them quiet"

"Luis!" The group at the table interrupted.

"Sorry, sorry" Luis apologized and went back to the original story "the doll, right. Anyway, the doll had this empty look, it looked possessed. I actually called a priest to perform an exorcism on it. My abuelita smacked me on the back of the head. But I swear, remember Dia? That doll moved! It was possessed. Se le metio satanás!"

"It called me by my name!" A voice came out of Dia's phone. Heads turned to her direction and saw that she's now halfway to the living room.

"Okay, Dia. This doll is not possessed" Tony assured the young woman.

"I don't like dolls" she signed "they're scary. I don't like people calling me 'doll' either. One time this one kid, he was so annoying. He said I'm such a doll, and I ran over his foot with my bike"

"At least you didn't stab him with a fork" Bucky smiled.

"She almost did the next day when he tried to kiss her and she grabbed a plastic fork" Luis explained "could've taken his eye out"

"I want to meet little Dia" Tony gasped softly.

"Please put Chucky's spawn away" Dia begged. 

Tony put the lid back on the box and then put the box back in the bag. "Sorry, Dia, I didn't know you're scared of dolls"

She hummed as she walked back to the table and picked up the folder she dropped. She opened it to make sure all the papers are still in there.

"What happened to your knees?" Bucky asked Dia.

"I fell" she signed "more like a push. A friend ran into me causing me to fall and bring another friend down with me. It was a mess"

"Are you okay?" Clint asked.

"Mhm" she nodded "what are you guys doing?"

"Taking a break from novelas" Luis answered.

"Planning the Maximoff's birthday" Steve answered. 

"Pietro wants a pet" Dia informed.

"Does everyone know this information?" Bucky asked with a hint of anger, not liking that Dia spends time with Pietro in the middle of the night. 

"We can get him a white cat. It can match him in his ghost ways" Tony joked.

"Yes. I agree" Clint quickly agreed with Tony.

"Its settled then. We'll get Pietro a cat" Steve announced.

"As a team, or do we still need to get him an individual gift?" Bruce questioned. They all thought about it.

"You guys talk about that" Dia's phone said "I'm going to the mall later to buy them something. Does anyone want to come?"

"I'll go!" Bucky answered a little too quickly. The others gave Bucky a knowing look.

"Okay"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 6.6K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
28.3K 687 24
Orphic (Adj.) mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding. "You are infuriating." "So are you, Mister Barnes." * "Don't you dare to give...
1K 87 42
*This story is in no way, shape or form related to Thirteen Reasons Why.* Maddie is a sixteen year old that escaped from HYDRA. She was their ultimat...
9.6K 414 23
Y/N Stark was living a not so normal life. Sure, she did enjoy living with Avengers but most of the time it's just boring. Ever since she got her pow...