Thea & The Wolf

By EastEgg

✔ Completed ✔ OLD VERSION PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEW UPDATED STORY: The Wolf Of Rot 🐺 A walk in woods could ch... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Character List & Info
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

70.2K 2.5K 513
By EastEgg

Thea

I woke up on Samira's couch with Philipo yowling in my ear.

"It's okay boy." I coo scratching his ears.

I don't remember going to sleep or how I ended up on the couch, just the fight and the heart. My stomach lurches at the memory but the raised voices in the kitchen pull me away.

"He was attacking her while she was half naked! Of course I ripped his heart out I don't give a fuck who he is or was."

"HE IS A CROWNED PRINCE WHOSE MUTILATED BODY IS IN MY HOME."

"The King knows his brother is gone something was controlling that thing. It was chanting shit and totally focused on her even though I was trying to rip it's head off."

"What was it chanting?"

"De something I don't know, I was in wolf form for most of it. Things aren't the same when he's in control"

Pushing open the kitchen door all three heads turn to look at me. Zev is the first one to move, scooping me up and pushing my face into his neck as my legs wrap around his waist. I turn to Samira remembering the mans words.

"He said, 'de vasil' and he kept repeating it."

Ardal leans into Samira's ear whispering something only she and Zev are able to hear if the tensing of his body means anything.

Touching his face I draw his attention back to me.

"Zev I think you should tell me what's going on, why we were attacked, what that thing was."

"No, not yet."

I deflate instantly, "B-But I want to know..." 

He stares into my wide eyes as I try to look my cutest, begging him to give.

"Shit! Fine we'll talk but you know the rules no running away from me."

I nod smiling, "I-I didn't last time right!"

He smiles a little and kisses my forehead,  "That's true my brave little wolf."

He turns  to Ardal and Samira, "We're going to the flats we'll be back tonight."

"Of course Alpha."

~~~~~

The falls of Nor are the highest part of the Naiads land. They sit on top of a steep cliff with rough terrain. Zev wants me to ride his wolf there.

"Thea it'll be bumpy so you have to hold on to me tightly okay? If you fall off and hurt yourself I'm going to be extremely pissed." 

I jump around him, "Don't worry, me and Paws are so so good together!"

His head jerks back, "Who the hell is Paws."

"That's what I named your wolf." I mumble softly.

"I'm not a kitten I'm a wolf and an Alpha wolf at that."

"Oh I'm sorry Zev but I think he likes it! And it really is his choice when you think about it."

He narrows his eyes at me, "Very well but you two better stop all this bonding it makes me jealous."

I laugh at his joke, "You're silly besides, you're my favorite."

He leans down and kisses my lips,

"That's more like it."

~~~~~

"Slow down!"

My voice is lost to the wind as he speeds across the land, whipping my hair around my face. It's a beautiful sight, his long legs eat up the earth. enjoying the run after being cooped up for so long.

We stop in a large flat field, the sound of running water fills the air as I hop off of Zev. He trots away presumably to shift back and I move towards the edge of the cliffs. The sound of water I hear is a massive, powerful, waterfalls that flow off the edge of the cliff.

"Not so close Thea."

Zev startles me as he pulls me back with tense eyes and places me on his lap, waiting no time.

"That man last night was a Naiad prince, Helix. He had been experimented on like I was but... worse."

I remember what that poor man looked like his crawling corpse scuttling across the room. Who would so something so horrible purposely and why was Zev so different.

"He didn't look anything like you."

"That's because he wasn't mixed like I am. Someone tried to stitch a demon and a man together but that would never be able to work. Demons lack a soul, they don't belong to this realm to try and force the two...is barbaric."

I was starting to feel a little scared someone was able to do that to a man who was once normal, who had hopes and dreams, a life.

"H-How would anyone know how to do that I thought the Bedlam was the only one with that information."

He kissed my neck before responding, "She was last I checked that's what so odd. Someone is finding a way to continue her work."

"A-And why did he come after us."

"Whoever made him wants something from me or you. Maybe they just want to take you from me." He growls lightly.

It was terrifying to know that someone might be out there trying to kidnap me. They were experimenting on people, sending half demons to do god knows

"What did he mean when he said de vasil." I look to Zev trying to smother my fear.

"I didn't understand him at first but Samira speaks the old language. She said it's something witchs spoke long ago. It basically translates into the dead fairies. I'm not sure why he was chanting that."

"Do you think the Bedlam is still alive?"

"No, no I think someone is picking up where she left off someone who's been waiting a long time."

"That's comforting." I say sarcastically.

He almost smiles, "Well...there's more. If you still want to hear it?"

He looks down at me hoping I'll say no but instead I curl into him and nod my head for him to continue.

"Very well then. As you know I talked with Ardal and Samira about what I am and what it means for us."

This is what I want to know desperately. What it all means the intense emotions, the odd connection, him biting me.  He sets me down on the grass next to him so we're no longer touching. I don't like it but I won't say anything.

"I," he clears his throat, "I didn't know when I bit you what would happen, it was instinctual." I nod my head at him to go on, "I remembered something on the day I marked you, something I wasn't suppose to remember. The Goddess Anu, is the most worshipped of the Gods. She's a mother Goddess, creating magic, life and death. When the magic that made me what I what I am was created it was called soul magic. Soul magic requires one being to manipulate another's soul, to remake it in their own imagine instead of the creators. This magic was frowned on by the Gods it was their right to create the soul, no one else's. Anu saw that though soul magic had been outlawed people were still practicing it, sending these mutilated souls to the afterlife where even there they would find no peace. Since they were no longer a creation of the Gods they belong nowhere their souls would rot in the in between. Anu felt this was the worst part of soul tampering so she created a solution; a soul for a soul, anyone who suffered the effects of soul magic would be granted a soulmate, someone to help them regain the pieces of their soul that was taken. You are my soulmate."

I sat stiffly beside him trying to keep up with it all.

Soulmates are real.

I want to jump up and down and cheer but at the same time puke on the pretty grasss.

"Say something Thea, that's not even the bad part."

I look up at him, staring into his eyes.

"I'm not even from this planet how can I be your soulmate, how would you even be able to tell if we were. We've only know each other a few weeks."

He grabs my hands in his and tingles fill my body like they always do.

"I know it's hard to understand but, you see the mark I gave you? It was because my animal could sense what you were. If you weren't my mate I wouldn't feel sparks everytime we touch. Your body wouldn't of accepted my claiming mark, it tells all you belong to me."

His eyes darken when he speaks of his mark on my neck. I didn't know he could feel the sparks too, I thought it was just my infatuation with him. I want to believe he is mine forever, there's nothing keeping me on Earth but he still doesn't die and I do. Why would some Goddess pair us together, isn't that cruel?

"Z-Zev you won't die. So even if we are soulmates what are you suppose to do?  Sit back and watch me grow old and die while I watch you stay young and beautiful long after I fade away."

He scratchs the back of his neck meekly,  "Thea when I bit you, I-I made you like me."

He sounds so ashamed but I still don't get why.

"You said I won't turn into a wolf, I haven't felt anything wolf like either maybe your wrong."

He laughs humorlessly, "No little one not a wolf an immortal. The goddess wouldn't pair two people who couldn't share a similar lifespan. My bite apparently grants immortality or wolfisim."

I lean back digging my hands into the dirt to steady myself.

"I am not immortal there's no way, I would know."

"I didn't know my bite would do that little one, you have to be believe me. When I saw Ardal again....I realized what I had done."

"What's Ardal got to do with this?"

He grins at me sheepishly, "I may have bit someone before you."

Paws is such a traitor.

~~~~~

Zev has filled me in on everything he knows as we walked back to Samira's. I can't believe Ardal's a wolf too. Samira and I have more in common then I thought. I don't know how to digest being immortal, staying with Zev forever? Easy. Living forever? Less easy.

"Are we okay little one?"

His voice pulls me from my mind and back to him. I know he's nervous about how I'm handling it and I want to comfort him but I'm just not sure how I feel myself. It's a heady mix of joy and fear I don't know which one to latch onto.

"I just need some time to come to terms with everything. I know what you did is saved my life I'm not upset, just overwhelmed."

And I would cry like a baby later when I was alone, so he wouldn't look at me with those big grey eyes that beg me to let him take away all my problems.

"Of course little one." He raises my hand to his lips placing  a kiss on my knuckles.

When we enter the cottage the atmosphere is tense.

Samira and Ardal stand stiffly in their living room.

"What's wrong." Zev asks, picking up on their worry.

"I think their worried that I found my brothers body rotting away upstairs."

A large man steps out, his presence demanding attention.

"King Orion." Zev bows, I quickly follow.

"Care to explain what happened."

"Your brother was being controlled by something, whoever's behind this wanted something from me or my fae. He broke in the dead of the night and attacked. I stopped him from accomplishing whatever it was he was trying to do."

The King nodded, "Yes, I figured he did something. Did he say or do anything that might indicate where he had been before he died, something to further your investigation."

"Yes, but if you don't mind I'll keep it to myself. We still don't know who the dark magic user is or where they're from."

"No that's a fine idea, keep it to yourself. Just find the monster that killed my brother."

~~~~~

Zev

Once the King left everyone lost their minds.

"He could of had us both beheaded and where were you two, off lollygagging in a field no doubt."

"Now Samira..." Ardal scowled.

"Who is he the King of? So much is happening today!"

I smile at Thea, only she would find something like this exciting especially after learning she's immortal. I'm pretty sure she's crazy. To be able to handle everything as she has you'd have to be. But I was so enthralled with her it didn't matter.

"Well me and Thea won't be here much longer, I came here to see the body and I have. We'll be going to The Ethereal Lands ."

"Oh I know I'm mean but you don't have to take Thea away from me." Samira pouts making my little one giggle.

"The fae were mentioned, there may be something there Helix saw. It's all I have to go on for now."

Samira and Thea said tearful goodbyes while me and Ardal simply shake hands.

"Don't be so sad kitten we'll see them again, I told you they are pack now. That's as good as family."

"Okay." She sniffles softly, "I am excited to see somewhere new."

I pick her up, tossing her in the air a little, before catching her as she screams.

"You are always excited, and sweet, and soft..." I trail off as I suck in her neck, I want her covered in love bites.

"Zev!" She laughs but pushes me away, "We're out in the open."

"Very well, I have to shift anyway. We'll cover a lot more land."

"I get to ride you again." She beams at me.

The idea of her riding me is pleasant, a part of me wants to show her what riding me really entails. To think a demon would interrupt the best moment of my existence. I shake my head,

"Yes little one you get to ride me."

Her little blush tells me she knows exactly how her words effect me.

~~~~~

Two updates in day for you guys! I've been so happy with how this book is doing I know it moves slowly (does it? I don't really know for sure lol) but I want the story to take it's time. The next few chapters should have a lot more things happening. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND POINT OUT MISTAKES I'VE BEEN LACKING ON THE EDITING.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 6.9K 33
Love isn't perfect. It isn't a fairytale or a story book. & it doesn't always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to...
2.1M 62.1K 37
But even beasts deserve miracles. #1 in Heaven - 12/11/19 #4 in King - 12/16/19 #171 in Romance - 1/1/20 #33 in Love - 3/21/20 #1 in Miracle - 6/13/2...
43.5K 236 18
What happens when you get lost in the middle of the most dangerous forest known to be home to many big bad wolves.but who would have told her about i...
156 4 5
Can past trauma be used in the future? Does tough love fix wounds? Is a rogue Alpha and his adorable little brother something I need in my life? I've...