Saving Hearts {Niall Horan Fa...

By xxLoveMeNotxx

Arabelle and 1D hit off instantly and strong friendships are formed. Maybe even new love is found with a cert... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight

Chapter Seven

6.5K 44 22
By xxLoveMeNotxx

Dedicated to xOnlyBabyScarsx because of her cute comment about my obcession with vanilla and strawberry ;) 

Chapter 7

4 days after hanging out with the 1D boys and Logan I was called into work since a few of the girls had come down with the flu and couldn’t work their shift. I worked at a cute café 25 minutes away, our uniform wasn’t that special and we were just required to wear black clothes and an apron with the logo printed on it. Since it was a really nice day I was wearing a tight black t-shirt and cute high waisted black shorts along with my black ballet flats, my hair was pulled into a ponytail high up on my head but slightly to the side so it hung down my shoulder. My makeup was foundation with some mascara and pale pink lip-gloss, when I worked or was having a casual day I didn’t wear much makeup so most of the time it looked like I was hardly wearing any.

I walked out of my room grabbing the keys to my brother’s car and slipped my phone into my pocket. Noah was working today and got a lift with his work mate so I was allowed to take his car since there was no other way to get to work!

 I pulled out of the driveway and the first song that came on was ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ so I just chuckled and bopped my head to the music. The drive was quick and when I pulled into the parking lot I saw it was pretty full, so it was going to be a busy day for sure! I hopped out of the car and walked through the back door into the kitchen where people were bustling around busily, I grabbed an apron off the rack and tied it around my waist then found a notepad and pen in the large pocket of the apron and set to work. I took multiple orders then started taking out various meals to the tables of hungry customers. I worked for about 3 ½ hours straight and then the midday rush started to calm down a bit with only a couple orders, my feet ached slightly from racing around on them all day but it was satisfying.

“God that was tiring” Ashley groaned as we walked into the kitchen to snag some food to eat. The chefs were really good and always made an effort to cook us up a bowl of chips or wedges that we could snack on while we worked.

“I know! Hopefully we won’t get many customers coming in now” I sighed picking up a chip and chewing on it as the salty flavor filled my mouth.

“Well I’m off in 10 minutes, got an interview to get to” She smiled; Ashley was one of my good friends at work. She was a year older then me but we hung out every now and then and we always kept each other occupied when we were lucky enough to have shifts the same day. She’d already informed me she’d been selected to try out for a spot in the Arts Academy, which is one of the biggest performing arts in Britain!

“You’re going to smash it!” I told her confidently as I munched on another chip.

“I don’t know, I know my chances of getting in are slim so I am prepared if I don’t make it” She sighed twirling a chip in a little bowl of tomato sauce before popping it into her mouth.

“Ash, we both know you are freakishly amazing and talented and if they don’t see that then the Academy isn’t as good as it’s made out to be!! Plus with your background you’re a shoo in!” I exclaimed, she had worked with Sony helping to record the music for a backing track for several famous singers a couple months ago and it looked great on her application and it showed just how talented she was. She also could sing beautifully and had done a few small gigs in some local pubs but she preferred her instrumental stuff over her vocals. 

“I better get going, I’ll text you later about how it went” She said slipping her apron off and filling in a time sheet.

“Sure thing, and good luck! Not that you’ll need it” I added and she just smiled warmly before gathering her handbag and strolling out into the car park. There was a tinkling of a bell as the door opened and I sighed pushing myself up from the bench which I was leaning on and stepped out into the restraint where the other waitress, Josie was getting another group’s order meaning the new group was my responsibility. I pulled out my notepad and pen and strolled over to them forcing a smile on my face, the group of 7 was sitting at a booth tucked in the corner.

“Hi, what can I get you?” I asked standing at the end of the table, the heads all snapped up and I felt my eyes widen.

“Oh, Hey” I smiled awkwardly at the 5 boys and the 2 girls.

“Elle! Fancy seeing you here” Zayn smiled picking up a menu and I chuckled.

“Yeah well the glory of working” I rolled my eyes and they smiled good naturedly.

“Eleanor and Danielle right?” I questioned and the girls smiled brightly, oh my god they were stunning. Made me look like a right, ugly potato!

“Yup that’s us! So you’re the Elle the guys keep talking about” Danielle grinned and I raised my eyebrows.

“You were talking about me?” I asked curiously, directing it at the guys and Harrys smiled sheepishly and elbowed Niall in the ribs who in turn glanced at Zayn. Um…. Ok??

“Well it was fun yesterday! And plus- it was amusing seeing Niall get smashed by a girl” Harry said that cheeky grin on his face with dimples on full show. 

“True, you did get smashed” I admitted and Niall huffed crossing his arms over his chest, a pout on his lips.

“Why do you all gang up on me” he whined and I couldn’t help the smile form on my lips at his childish pout.

“Oh Nialler you know we love you!” Louis smirked leaning over the table and ruffling his hair, Niall just swatted his hands away and I chuckled at the boys.

“All right, so do you guys want to order before I get told off for being slack?” I smiled and they laughed and scanned the menus briefly before giving me their orders. I headed back into the kitchen their laughter ringing throughout the restaurant; I pottered around clearing tables and taking orders. When the orders were done for the 1D boys and their girlfriends I took them over to their table with a happy smile.

“This place seems pretty quiet” Harry mused when I placed his plate down I front of him and I shrugged.  

“Rush hour is over now so there isn’t too many orders coming in” I answered and he smiled his dimple on display.

“Well if there isn’t too much to do would you like to join us?” He asked and I looked at him shocked.

“Uh I don’t know, I don’t want to intrude,” I mumbled awkwardly.

“Nonsense! You won’t be intruding at all as long as we don’t affect your work” Liam butted it and I smiled at his responsible comment about work.

“We’ll see” I replied as a large group of guys strolled in the doors. Josie directed them to a table at the back of the room knowing they were probably going to be a bit rowdy. Walking away from the table I disappeared into the kitchen where Josie was about to take out a meal.

“Aren’t they those famous boys?” She asked me and I laughed nodding.

“Yeah, the boyband” I said and she grinned shooting me a wink.

“Get in there Elle” She joked and I stared after her then giggled. Josie was in her late twenties and was only working at the restaurant part time as she has a young son but she was just as immature as a teenager sometimes. I walked out of the kitchen and over to the group of boys, I had to walk past 1D’s table first so I smiled quickly at them as I made my way past. I could feel their eyes on me as I approached the table of guys who cheered when they saw me.

“Hey Elle!” A few chorused and I chuckled while others held up their hands for high fives, which I returned.

“Hey guys, what can I get you?” I asked and they rattled off their order. The boys all went to my school and were in my year- they were kind of the popular group but they were all nice and only a few of them were players so I didn’t mind them.

“Haven’t seen you around much lately, where you being hiding?” Connor asked me smiling and I shrugged.

“Around, I was in London for a few days with some friends” I replied and he nodded.

“Cool” He said simply, he glanced at the other guys who were watching us curiously. Suddenly Connor leant over to whisper something in my ear and the other guys ‘ooohed’ while I rolled my eyes at their immaturity.

“I know you’ve had a hard time and that date is coming up soon but you know we’re all here for you” He whispered, his breath was minty and hot on my ear. I straightened back up and plastered on a fake smile blocking all unwanted emotions.

“Yeah I know, and thanks” I stumbled out before turning on my heel and walking back into the kitchen hurriedly. I noticed the 1D boys had obviously been watching as they winked and wiggled their eyebrows at me when I went past. I shook my head at their immaturity as I continued working. When I’d finished serving the table of boys from school I returned to One Direction’s table where Eleanor and Danielle were snuggled into the sides of their boyfriends making my long for that closeness. 

“Who were those boys?” Harry asked wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. I chuckled at them and started clearing their empty plates.

“They’re boys from school” I waved it off and Louis looked shocked.

“Wait, how old are you?” Louis questioned and I grinned.

“I just turned 17 a few months ago” I smiled.

“Oh alright then, I thought you were 18 or more?” Niall said, I’m guessing he was referring to Logan’s party.

“Yeah well I’m not” I shrugged; I took their dirty plates into the kitchen and dumped them. There was no one left in the restaurant except them since the boys had already gone and the other groups had left too.

“We’re all good here, you are free to go” Head Chef David instructed me and I nodded smiling.

“Alright, thanks!” I chirped pulling off my apron and chucking it into the basket filled with the other dirty aprons. I grabbed my stuff and walked out into the restaurant.  I spotted the group standing up and pulling out their wallets to pay for the meal. I quickly offered to put it through for them and was handed a credit card by Louis. Quickly finishing with the bill I handed the card back and smiled at the group.         

“Hope it was up to your standards” I joked and Harry laughed.

“Not at all, to low for us” He replied in a joking manner smirking lightly. I finished up with the register and then locked up the door as I headed out. The boys, Eleanor and Danielle trailed behind me chatting amongst themselves.

“So what are you doing with the rest of your night?” I asked Zayn and he shrugged.

“Nothing much, probably just chilling” He smiled as our feet crunched on the gravel.

“Nice, I think I need a bit of down time” I sighed twirling my keys around my finger absentmindedly.     

“You’re welcome to join us. I mean, if you’d like to” He added and I turned to face him shocked.

“Really?” I questioned stopping in my tracks and he turned to face me a lop sided smile on his perfect face.

“I’m sure you don’t really want me there, it’s fine” I muttered embarrassed and a large arm was thrown around my shoulders giving them a bit of a squeeze.

“We do want you there!” Harry exclaimed, “We all do” he added gesturing to the rest of the group who had stopped next to us.

“Well if you’re being serious then sure I’ll come” I smiled and the boys whooped and the girls smiled happily.

“Yeah I think we’re getting a bit tired of there company, a new girl should be great fun!” Eleanor grinned and Louis faked shock and stepped away from her.

“You could never get tired of my company! I-I-I thought you loved me” He mumbled sadly his lip trembling. Liam just rolled his eyes at Louis’ little performance while Niall laughed.

“Oh come here Lou you know I love you” She smiled wrapping her arms around hi neck and briefly kissing him on the lips. 

“Awww” I cooed at the couple, Danielle was smiling soppily at Louis and Eleanor and I couldn’t help but long for that once again.

“Well I’ll go home and get changed first since I’m still in my work clothes! So how do you want this to work?” I said as I walked to my car door, conveniently parked only one space away from their van.  

“Well if we meet up at Lou and Harry’s then we can just give you the address and we’ll meet you there later when you’re ready” Liam suggested and I nodded.

“That sounds good” I agreed, Liam pulled out his phone and I tapped in my number, mu phone buzzed and their address popped up on my screen.

“I’ll get the other guys to text you so they have your numbers too, we’ll see you later then” Liam smiled as the others climbed into the van.

“Sure thing, see you soon!” I replied hopping into the car and pulling out of the parking lot. I turned the radio up and I was shocked that they actually had invited me over to hang out with them, little old normal me. The drive home was pretty boring but when I got home I noticed Noah's friend’s car was parked in the driveway. I hoped out of the car and gripped the keys in my hand as I walked inside, once I opened the door to the house I spotted Noah and his best friend Connor speaking quietly in the lounge. As soon as they saw me they stopped instantly and I ignored the fact and I turned to Noah.

“I need to borrow the car again, I’m going out once I get changed,” I stated before heading upstairs. Once I was in my bedroom I threw open my wardrobe and shuffled through the clothes before I found something that seemed suited. I pulled it on and glanced in the mirror thinking it looked decent enough,

I was wearing a light cream coloured dress with tiny pale pink and brown floral print. The dress came to mid thigh and I matched it with a tan belt around my waist, tan strappy shoes, multi coloured bangles and a adorable gold heart necklace. I washed off my makeup and re applied a bit of concealer, mascara and lip gloss then pulled my hair out of it’s boring ponytail and instead plaited a strand and pulled the rest into a cute messy bun with loose strands framing my face. (Outfit in the sidebar >>)

“Alrighty” I muttered to myself grabbing my handbag and car keys, I made my way downstairs again. Noah and Connor were now sprawled across the sofa leisurely munching on a bag of chips.

“Where are you going? Mum will be home soon” Noah said twisting around to look at me.

“Out” I replied bluntly and he gave me a dull look.

“Where Elle?” He frowned and I stopped and turned on my heel.

“I don’t need to report to you Noah” I snapped and he rolled his eyes.

“Yes you do if you’re taking my car” He shot back and I raised my eyebrows challengingly.

“Out, I’m going out” I scowled and he stormed over to me angrily.

“No you will not be unless you tell me where you are going” He said firmly and I shook my head and shoved him out of my way.

“You’re not my father Noah, stop trying to tell me what to do! I’m seventeen and I have my own life, so can you just let me live it for once” I said my voice cracking at the end and he clenched his jaw.

“Look how that turned out last time Elle” He stated and I froze, my whole body tensing. His face turned to one of shock as he registered what he’d just said.

“Elle, I didn’t mean it like that!” He cried as I turned on my heel and ran outside Noah hot on my heels.

“Noah I know you didn’t mean it that way but please just let me be. I’m going to hang out with some new friends,” I said quietly as I opened the car door before pulling out of the driveway and speeding away. Switching on the iPod connected to the speakers I turned up the music and blocked out all my thoughts.

The music flowed through my mind, the lyrics barely even registering as I zoned out to my emotions. The drive barely took as long as I thought, only about 30 minutes or so. When I reached the apartment blocks I pulled over, pulling out my iPhone and checking I had the right address. I took the key out of the ignition, threw my handbag over one shoulder and clutched my iPhone tightly in one hand. I spotted the right apartment and headed up the few steps and knocked on the door with my fist. The door swung open revealing a grinning Louis; behind him I could see a hallway with a staircase on the right, the hallway led into a lounge type area from what I could tell.

“Come in! Everyone is just down in the lounge room” Louis smiled ushering me inside. Stepping onto the pristine tiles I felt oddly out of place, it suddenly hit me all of a sudden that I was IN Louis Tomlinson and Harry Style’s home with the rest of the worldwide famous band and their 2 girlfriends!

“We won’t bite” Louis grinned comfortingly, obviously sensing my uncomfortable demeanor. He placed a warm hand on my shoulder and steered me down the hallway, I had been right, it did lead to a gorgeous open plan living room and kitchen where the others were hanging out.

“Hello again” Harry grinned waving enthusiastically.

“Hey, what you guys doing?” I asked watching as the girls adjusted the Wii remotes in their hands and fixed the straps around their wrists.

“Just dance 3!” Danielle smirked and Eleanor pouted.

“Unfair advantage I say” She stated and I laughed knowing that Danielle was a dancer for the big names.

“Whatever” Danielle laughed as she selected a song.

“You can sit down you know” The blonde appeared beside me making me jump.

“I know, it’s just kind of awkward” I whispered not wanting the others to hear me and be offended.

“Don’t feel awkward, we’re your best mates! Come on- I challenge you to a dance off next!” Niall grinned cheekily and I raised my eyebrows, already feeling at ease with the Irish boy.

“Do you remember what happened last time we challenged each other?” I reminded him and he poked his tongue out at me.

“Well you haven’t seen my kick-ass moves yet have you?” He smirked and I just laughed and perched myself on the sofa with Niall collapsing down besides me. We watched the girls dance and cheered when Eleanor managed to beat Danielle at the last minute by about 15 points!

“Whoo!” Eleanor cheered high fiving me, we giggled and switched controllers so I could play Niall. We secured the remotes to our wrists then selected our song. I let my body relax into the music and concentrated on the timing with the figure on the screen. The girls cheered for me while the guys were cheering for Niall, when the song finished and the little scores popped up and the crown appeared above my name.

“Ha! Sucker I bet you again!!” I squealed high fiving the girls and we all hugged and jumped around, the boys laughed at Niall.

“I just let you win” He defended himself and I giggled placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Naww is little Niall upset he got beat by a girl again?” I cooed tauntingly and he huffed walking over to Liam who wrapped his arms around the Irish boy and patted his head.

“It’s ok Nialler, they’re just bit meanies” He comforted and we all laughed at the two.

For the rest of the afternoon we all just hung out playing on the Wii and mucking around, I had felt awkward at the stat but then by about and hour into it I felt like I’d known them my whole life. Eleanor and Danielle were amazing and really nice, they were like two best friends I’d only just met but we bonded instantly and got along great. It started getting late sot he boys went outside and started up a fire in the small fire pit that rested on the patio. They dragged the outdoor setting chairs over and we all huddled around the warmth of the flames. The dark sky was filled with stars that glinted in the expanse of blackness, everyone was chatting animatedly as I gazed up at the stars.

My heart clenched achingly and my eyes started to sting, I abruptly stood up as the chair scraped loudly over the concrete, I waked inside and upstairs to the bathroom and locked the door just in time. Wrapping my arms around my shivering frame I squeezed my eyes shut willing the tears to disappear. I don’t know how long I sat like that, huddled on the tiles with goosebumps rising on my skin from the cold floor. A few lone tears had managed to escape my eyes, running down my cheeks. I hated these moments, when it just hit me, randomly and without warning. Sniffling slightly I dabbed at my eyes removing any trace of waterproof mascara that wasn’t very waterproof after all. I pulled myself up and smoothed out my dress before opening the door, a slightly yelp left my lips when I came face to face with Niall who’s hand was held up just about to knock.

“I was just coming to check up on you, to see if you are ok” He smiled sheepishly running a hand through his hair.

“I’m ok” I stated simply and he raised his eyebrows.

“No you’re not, you’ve being crying” He replied his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

“I-I am fine now” I corrected myself and without warning his arms wrapped around my shoulders pulling me into a giant, warm hug. I stiffened for a moment before my arms responded on reflex ,wrapping himself around his torso as I nestled my head into his chest.

“You know I’m here for you” He said quietly his chin resting on my head, this position felt so perfect, almost like it did with him.

“Thank you Niall” I whispered into his shirt, my body slightly trembling from the cool air.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asked kindly and I shook my head.

“I’d rather not, but thank you” I managed a small smile when I looked up at his concerned blue eyes. His blonde hair had fallen down over his forehead instead of being gelled up in a styled yet messy way.

“Well if you ever need to, you know where you can find me” He said softly, still holding me in his arms.

“Has anyone ever told you that you give the best hugs” I giggled and he grinned tightening his arms and spinning me around a bit.

“Of course! I’m like a fluffy, cuddly penguin” he laughed and I giggled steading myself from the spinning.

“Oh, you look cold! Do you want a jumper?” He asked that sweet caring side coming out again.  

“Uh if that’s alright?” I smiled and he nodded quickly racing off into one of the room and returning with a large hoody that looked like it could engulf my whole figure.

“Thanks” I said sincerely as I slipped it over my head, I had been right, it came down to just above my dress and the sleeves were extra long but that’s what made it so warm.

“Lets go back out?” He suggested and I nodded a small smile forming on my lips again as he led me back downstairs to the patio.  Everyone just brushed off what had happened and continued to act like normal but I did see the curious glances Harry threw at Niall every now and then when he thought I wasn’t looking. I went into the lounge to help Niall bring out some drinks when my phone binging on the counter next to my handbag. I put down the glasses and quickly checked it to see I had 11 missed messages, most from Logan, some from mum and then a few from Sky. I checked the time and saw it was already 10:30! They would be worried, scrolling through the messages they were all asking where I was and if I was ok. I slid my phone into the hoody pocket and picked up the glasses and continued outside and handed them to everyone. I was only drinking some lemonade since I was driving and now they’ discovered I was underage they felt guilty after the party where they all bought me drinks. Whipping out my phone I typed a short message to Noah.

I’m fine, just hanging out with some friends. Be home later x

I then shoved it back into my pocket and took a sip of the bubbly drink and laughed at one of Louis’ crazy fan stories. Some of their fans seemed nuts!! But it was adorable how much they loved them and cared for their wellbeing. Within a few minutes of sending the text I got one from Noah- surprise, surprise…

It’s getting late, you need to come home Elle. Mum is worried

Rolling my eyes I ignored the messag, I couldn’t be bothered with the over protective brother at the moment. I finished off my drink and decided it would be best if I set off since the drive took a while.

“Thanks for tonight guys, it was really fun but I better get going” I stated standing up and placing my glass down.

“Well we had fun too, we should do it again some time” Harry said looking sincere.

“You have our numbers since we all texted you them so one day we’ll organize something?” Niall suggested and I nodded smiling.

“Oh! Can we get your number too- we seriously need a girls day sometime” Eleanor exclaimed excitedly. 

“Sure” I grinned happily, I really liked these girls. We switched numbers and the boys decided they would just put their numbers in anyway so when I got my phone back I had 7 new contacts.  Giving them all swift, friendly hug I shoved my phone back into my pocket and my handbag swung over my shoulder.

“I’ll text you all sometime” I said waving as I strolled through the house out to the front door.

“Wait” A voice called just as I was about to get into my car. 

“Niall?”

“Yeah, I just wanted to say. That even though you might not want to talk about it now but I’ll always be hear and whenever you need someone to talk to our just someone to comfort you I’ll be there” He said quickly, and even in the darkness I could tell his face was bright red.

“Thanks, You’re so sweet. I’ll definitely be taking you up on that offer sometime” I smiled, and simply in the moment I wrapped my arms around him in another friendly hug. I remembered I was wearing one of the hoodies and went to take it off but Niall stopped me.

“You can keep it for now” He stated and I was about to protest but he shook his head and opened the door for me.

“I’ll see you soon Elle” He added before closing the door. I started up the car and reversed down the driveway. He stood at the front door and waved before disappearing back inside the apartment, a smile had formed on my face at Niall’s sweetness. The drive back was pretty good, I felt calm and almost happy after my little breakdown this afternoon. When I got home Noah and mum were sitting up in the lounge room talking and when I walked through door they jumped up and walked towards me.

“Where have you been?” Mum exclaimed and I could see the worry and concern in her eyes and sliver of guilt wriggled into my gut.

“I was hanging out with some friends like I said mum. I got distracted and didn’t realize the time” I explained and Noah rolled his eyes.

“I actually was” I directed at Noah and he just raised his eyebrows.

“Who’s jumper?” He asked and I fingers the hem and a small smile drifted onto my lips.

“One of my friends” I answered, I didn’t feel like telling them who because I would probably get a big lecture about how hanging out with 5 famous boys isn’t a good idea or whatever.

“Sure and what wee you doing with your ‘friend’ then?” Noah asked and my mouth fell agape and so did mum’s.

“Noah!!” She gasped and I stared at him in shock.

“I don’t know what you’re thinking! But I haven’t done anything!” I retorted getting sick of Noah's attitude.

“What’s crawled up your ass and died Mr. I’m-so-perfect because you’ve bee acting like a jerk for the past 2 days and I’m over it” I fumed and he scowled.

“Do you not understand what kind of hell you’ve put this family through? I’ve had to pick up the pieces and once everything starts getting better you’re sneaking around all the time and not being honest! I’m not going to see this family torn apart because of it” He yelled and I looked taken aback, racing upstairs. I could hear mum yelling at Noah about being disrespectful and insensitive.

“He was my best mate to!” I heard him scream angrily before a door slammed.

That was when the tears started flowing and I just curled up in a ball on the floor as sobs racked my body, I felt myself drifting away as I was pulled into a world of darkness.

                                        ********************************************************

Hey everyone!
i'm SO SO SO sorry for the long wait for this chapter but i hope the length made up for it? Thank you to everyone who votes and comments on this story it does really mean a lot! So please continue doing that <3 i love hearing your thoughts on this story! xxx 

Oh and first 2 people to comment will recieve a shout out on the next chapter!!!!!

<3 LOVE YOU ALL

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 403 51
An Average girl named, Danae Laura Bennett. Who lives her life normally. She has a Boyfriend who are always far away from her. Until she get the...
56.4K 596 36
Best of friends... Is that all they're going to be or will they finally be able to hear the screams of their hearts? What would you do if you found o...
22.8K 309 75
[RE-EDITING] Niall Horan. The only one in One Direction who hasn't had a girlfriend in a few years. Management decides to hire him a girl from Americ...
8.2K 613 30
《Maybe I'm 1D ;)》 A story where Skylar be led to Niall Horan through Omegle. But we certainly don't have to believe everything we read on the interne...