New Beginning

By mnkygurl

Bree Tanner. Forever a 16 year old stuck in a 15 year old's body. What if Bree had survived? What if she and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
The End or Just the Beginning?
Critical Beginnings
Sequel

Prologue

1.5K 19 0
By mnkygurl

Running. Running. That's what we were doing. Glancing to the side I saw Fred still running at my pace. We were headed toward the yellow eyes. Of course he would be by my side but we had to get to Diego before it was too late. I growled as I continued running. Fred slowed and it took me a moment to realize he had stopped. Stopping myself I turned and stared up at my friend. "Your not coming?" He shook his head at me. "It's obvious he's been lying to us this entire time and I am not sticking around to be used as a pawn in someone's sick game. I was going to head off on my own. See the world. Experience everything. Well...I was going to go out on my own but the more I thought of it the more I was hoping you would come with me." I looked up at him shocked to hear this and it made me smile. I nodded but turned back toward where we were to meet the yellow eyes before I looked back at him. "I will but please. First may we get Diego first. He is a friend as well. One I would like to keep. Please." He thought about it for a moment before glancing up at me and nodding. "Very well. If you vogue for him then he can join our coven."

I smiled and rushed to hug him. "Thank you Fred. Now we should hurry. Wouldn't want to loose him before we finally begin." With that we turned and hurried after the army in hopes to catch Diego before its even begun. As we neared I scented Riley's scent heading away from the battle. I hissed. Coward. I heard Fred hiss too. I could only assume that it was the same reason. But then suddenly as we grew closer another scent was there but it cut off and caused me to stop. Fred rushed passed me, not expecting me to stop but then soon once he realized it he turned and stared back at me. "Bree? Everything....Is that...?" I nodded hearing him and glanced back at him. "Can you let him see us? Please." I knew the moment he let his repulse shield down.

Just as soon as it was down I scented and heard something familiar and my head snapped up as someone jumped out of the tree next to me. Smiling I wrapped my arms around the man in a tight hug. "Diego. He was telling the truth for once." He returned the hug but shook his head pulling away. "No. He was lying. As soon as I realized what he was going to do I escaped but I didn't have a chance to come back for you. So I decided to wait. I knew if I returned he would kill me. So I ran. I went to the yellow eyes and, Bree, they are nothing like he described. They are good vampires. They feed differently but are kind. They are a family." I stared up at him and disbelief wondering about what he said. Was he telling the truth? Were they really a family? Was it possible for a coven to be a family? I glanced toward Fred who seemed just as confused as I but I had no reason to doubt Diego. In the two short days I knew him he had been completely honest with me. "Alright. I believe you." Fred quickly agreed since he trusted me. "Can we meet them?" Diego smiled happily and nodded.

"Of course. They promised we could wait at their home. Follow me." Soon he was off and I glanced toward Fred how seemed hesitant but I nodded and then we were both running after Diego but we both smell the scent of burning vampires and saw the purple smoke. I hoped Riley and she were one of those burning vampires. After about 10 or maybe it was 15 seconds of running we reached a clearing. Diego had slowed to a human jog pace. Fred and I followed his lead. Walking into the clearing we glimpsed the gorgeous home. It was timeless, graceful, and probably a hundred years old. It was painted a soft, faded white, three stories tall, rectangular and well proportioned. The windows and doors were either part of the original structure or a perfect restoration.

Fred and I had the same reaction to the beautiful house. We were shocked and surprised but it was oh so beautiful. Diego was eager to return to the home with the yellow eyes. I looked down at the ground confused as to why and what they were really like. We reached the porch of the home before I knew it. Diego walked and stood on the porch. I went into a crouch and remained like that staring off at nothing in particular. I didn't realize it but Fred had taken the spot next to me. Crouched down in a defensive and protective stance. I sensed Fred had raised his repulse shield to cover himself as well as myself.

I didn't know how long but I heard the screaming and disgusted sounds of people and my focus returned and I looked up. I saw across the field a group of 7 vampires and one human. I turned and looked at Fred who was in a protective stance. "Fred! Take your shield down now!" I looked up and saw it was affecting Diego as well and looked at Fred who frowned and looked at me as if asking my permission. "Go ahead but if needed put it back up." He nodded to me and lowered his shield and like me remained in his crouched and protective position.

"Carlisle...look..." I heard a sweet voice speak. I quickly found the woman it belonged to. Her brunette hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail but she seemed very motherly. "Diego!" I heard a higher pitched sing song voice say. The same one giggled. I found her face and she reminded me of a pixie. Her hair was in the style of a pixie as well. Before I knew it I saw Diego meeting them but neither Fred nor I moved from our defensive stance. I looked next to the pixie and noticed a scared man who was hovering protectively next to her. He seemed to have a warning yet protective stance. I wondered why but could only come with the sign that he was the pixie's mate. He was hissing at me. I glared remaining in my position.

"Don't worry. They wont hurt us. And we wont hurt them." The pixie spoke these words. I still held my position. "They're my friends. The ones I told you about. Bree and her friend Fred. They are my friends. They wont hurt you." Diego spoke this and I stared curiously. My eyes trailed from the blonde man to the brunette, to the pixie and her mate, to a beautiful blonde female and then to a dark haired man that reminded me vaguely of a bear, then to the...I froze as a statue when I smelled her. She was next to the boy with the bronze hair. My eyes grew smelling her but I didn't move from my place. I couldn't be sure but I had frozen myself in place. Why couldn't I move? I wanted her blood. It 'sang' to me. It was the scent that was on the red shirt Riley had passed around. Suddenly and without warning everyone seemed to hover around the human girl and that's what broke my attention.

Diego was before me in a second and forced me and Fred to look at him. "Do not harm her. She is not their pet as Riley had said. She is the mind reader or Edward's mate. Her name is Bella Swan and she is very sweet." Knowing this made me see her as a person. All the other people we had killed, we hadn't known their names. But now to know Bella's name forced me to see her as a person. She had a family though more then likely better then mine had been. My head snapped up hearing someone else approach and I felt the urge of Fred's repulse shield wanting to go up but he didn't as the brunette and the pixie came closer. "You wont hurt us." the pixie told us and we stared at her with confusion. "You are but children....how vile of them to do this to children so young. Especially you sweet girl. You must not be much older then 16." The brunette spoke and it caused me to look down and away feeling ashamed. "I started my transformation on my 16th birthday..." I spoke soft but even the human would have heard the audible gasp.

"Just barely sixteen. How very sad..." I looked up seeing the brunette looked saddened by this news but soon the blonde man was at her side saying something about going to take care of someone named Jacob. She nodded and told him to be well and that she loved him before a simple kiss. I remained crouched and confused. I had never seen such affections except perhaps before Steve and Shelly had disappeared. That's when I remembered. "Yes. They are all dead. Riley and the woman he was working for, her name was Victoria. They are both dead as well. You are safe now. Nothing will hurt you." I looked up surprised by this and stared at the bronze haired boy lost. But soon realized he must be the mind reader like Diego had said. He nodded in response. I nodded back to acknowledge what he said. "Thank you." They all nodded back in response.

Being grateful to them I rose out of my crouched position and Fred soon followed. Slowly they came closer and we met in the middle. The blonde man who was named Carlisle, as the brunette lady had called him introduced us to everyone. Esme was his wife and the brunette lady next to him. The pixie was named Alice and the scared man was her husband and his name was Jasper. The beautiful blonde was introduced as Rosalie which I believe suited her perfectly followed by the bear man who was her husband named Emmett. Diego had mentioned the human's name was Bella and her mate was Edward. They all looked and reminded me of a family. Of course I had never really seen a family. My father hadn't been the best person to be around as he had abused me and more. The mind reader...Edward was frowning I could only assume because he heard my thoughts. I glanced at the ground then shook my head and looked up. As soon as I did Carlisle excused himself to check on the boy named Jacob previously mentioned.

Leaving us in the rest of his family's care. They welcomed us into their home and explained everything to us. Soon though Edward had to take Bella home but she argued wanting to go see the Jacob boy. Edward seemed reluctant to comply but ultimately gave in. Leaving us with Esme, Alice, Jasper, Rosalie, and Emmett. They were kind and explained everything to us. I was extremely pleased. I didn't like hunting humans. Fred seemed intrigued by it being the scientific man he was he liked the proportion as well. "Will you show us?" Esme smiled and nodded at me then glanced to Jasper and Emmett as the girls had just exited to take care of some things. The boys quickly agreed and Fred, Diego, and myself quickly followed them out the door and into the woods.

I had to admit it did feel strange to be hunting an animal instead of a human but I rather do that then harm a person and possibly accidentally turn them into a monster like myself. The first hunt was hard at first but we quickly got the hang of it. Atleast for Fred and myself. Diego had obviously done this already and was doing quite well considering. I ended up catching a buck while Fred sunk his teeth into a mountain lion. It was incredible. The ability to hunt like that felt amazing and I immediately wanted to do it again and again which I did. Until I filled myself. It didn't take long. We had eaten those humans earlier which now disgusted me to think about.

Stopping I stood on a giant boulder and stared out over the land laid out before me. I was seemingly alone. I stared out over the ground before sitting myself down and pulling my legs into my chest. I dry sobbed for what felt like forever which probably was about a minute or two. "What's wrong, young one?" I froze not realizing someone had come up behind me. Why hadn't I noticed? Oh yes of course. I was to busy mourning the ones I had killed. I frowned not moving from my spot. "I killed all of those people. They had families and people who loved them just like Bella. But I killed them...I...I am a monster...." I found my head in my hands and just sat there curled up in a ball not moving. Still as a statue.

"You did not know young one. But now you do. You will get use to it. But I see control in you that I have never seen in a newborn. I believe you could do it little one." I glanced up from my position shocked at his words. "You really believe that?" He nodded at me with a slight smile. "Yes I do. You seem to be a natural leader as well. The boys seem to wait for your approval and are like pieces on a chess board. You move they move. They follow your lead." I stared at him shocked to hear this but as I sat there I thought about it. The boys had been asking my permission in some of the things they did such as Fred staring at me and waiting to leave the crouch. But could I lead them?

"Perhaps you are too young now but soon you will be and you could be the head of great coven." I smiled up at him and nodded. "Thank you Carlisle. Would you help me?" He smiled and nodded. "Of course Bree. Have you had your fill? If so we can return. The boys will return when they're finished." Standing I nodded and returned with him. I did have to admit I was looking forward to this. Perhaps I could be a great leader like I could tell Carlisle was. He was like the father of the family. Frowning I stared at the ground as I thought of my own father. "He cant hurt you any more, Bree. You do know that right?" My head snapped up as I realized it was Edward. He must have read my thoughts and I sighed deeper. "But he did. In so many different ways. I want my revenge for what he did. He is a horrible man." Edward nodded then glanced toward Alice. She came in smirking. "I think I will let Alice explain."

Staring confused I nearly jumped from Alice's squeal. "BREE! I have great news!" I raised a brow staring at her like she was a mad woman. "Okay...and it would be what exactly?" Alice was giggling and oddly chipper. I couldn't figure out why. After all we had just met. "It's about your father!" I growled hearing her mention him. "No. no. Listen to me. I promise it's good news!" Shaking my head I turned to walk away but she grabbed my arm and stopped me. I hissed at her and went on the defensive. As soon as I did Fred appeared at my side and Alice released and shied away. I knew it was Fred's repulse that was causing it. "That man...there is no good news about that horrible being. Unless he's getting what he gave to me." Diego was before me fighting the repulse. I couldn't figure out why. "Just let Alice explain! Release your shield Fred!" I had to believe that was Edward but I couldn't be sure because I was seeing red. I didn't want to listen. That man had ruined my life. I didn't want to hear anything but his death. Before I could react I suddenly felt myself in another place.

Looking around I was confused but I was pulled back. "Ms. Cullen." I grinned and nodded looking into the face of a man I had not seen in months. "Thank you. Will you please excuse us?" I smiled at the police officer and he nodded before exiting the room. With that I stared back into the face of the man that had tormented me my entire human life. "Your looking..." I smirked. "Better then you deserve." The man just gapped at me to stunned to speak. "What's wrong father? You spend my entire human existence torturing me and abusing me and now that I am back you have nothing to say? Or is it that you can tell I'm dangerous now? That you know I can hurt you far more then you ever hurt me. And now you will never hurt me. I know what you did to my mother. They suspect you killed me as well. But now you can't hurt me. But I can hurt you."

With that I grabbed his hand and easily broke two of his fingers. He screamed in agony. "That is just the beginning. You should know. I will be back to hurt you even more then you ever hurt me. And just like I didn't have anywhere to run or hide you don't either." I could see the fear in his eyes. He hadn't spoken a word but of course I hadn't really given him the chance to speak. "Is there anything you'd like to say to....your darling daughter?!" My eyes quickly grew darker but despite the burning of me wanting to drink his blood til he was dead he deserved 15 years of torture before I kill him. "Nothing? Very well. I shall be back dearest father." Speaking with a hiss I quickly called a guard back and put my sunglasses on to hide my black eyes.

Gasping I glanced around and saw I was back inside the Cullen house. I saw Fred and the others. I looked around frantically trying to figure out what had just happened. The shock caused me to freeze where I stood becoming extremely lost and confused. "Drop the shield Fred...." I whispered but he heard me and dropped it. The others relaxed but stared at me. Well until Edward read my thoughts. "What...how...that's not possible!" I frowned staring out the ground. "I don't know how or what. I saw it. I just....saw it...." The room grew quiet suddenly and I looked up as everyone stared at me. Edward in particular. "Did I say something wrong...?" Alice frowned at me but it was Esme that spoke to me. "Sweetheart...no body said anything." I looked up at her confused. "Yes...Edward did. He said What....how...that's not possible." Esme shook her head. "No he didn't sweetie." Looking from face to face they all looked at me as if I was crazy. "Yes he did! I heard it!"

Edward stepped forward quickly and looked at me. "Bree...I didn't speak anything. But I did think that....Perhaps...it isn't possible. You saw a vision and you somehow heard my thoughts...Vampires cant have more then one ability." I frowned and glanced toward Carlisle. "Can they Carlisle?" He stared at me confused. "Can who what, dearest Bree?" That's when I realized Edward had thought that conversation with me. He stared at me knowingly and I frowned. "Can vampires have more then one ability?" Edward asked for me to answer my question. "I have certainly never heard of it before. But telepathy and premonitions are on completely different sides of the spectrum. It would be highly unlikely for someone to have both of them." Edward frowned and glanced at me. I frowned and tensed feeling someone trying to intrude on my feelings and I fought them and pushed the urging back. I refused to allow someone to intervene into my emotions.

I glanced up toward Jasper and noticed he was tense and almost glaring at me. "Stay out of my emotions!" I yelled to him and he hissed but Alice grabbed his arm. "Carlisle, could it be possible that Bree has the ability to copy someone's powers?" I was still focused on Jasper but the voice came from Alice. I didn't look to see what Carlisle did but I did hear the slight ruffle of clothes as if he was shrugging. "Perhaps. I suppose we could get in touch with Eleazar. He would be able to tell us. I will go contact him now." I was still having my staring contest with Jasper with neither one of us showing signs of giving in. Alice broke both of our concentrations with a hiss. "Alright already. We get it. You two need to stop this. Jasper will stop butting into your feelings, Bree. And she will be a good girl and stop hissing, Jasper. Be good the both of you." I frowned but nodded. "Very well. I will be good if he is." Jasper glanced at me then nodded to Alice.

Several hours later I found myself sitting on the roof of the house staring up at the stars in the sky. It was beautiful. I blocked out everyone else and pulled myself into a bubble so I could ignore people. All I wanted was to be alone for a little while. I never had a chance to just sit and stare at the stars. It made me smile. I recalled a time when I was a little girl and I had climbed out my bedroom window to escape from my father once when he was drunk. I climbed up and onto the roof. It was a place I had gone often so I could hide from him. One of the many places I went to hide from him. One of the many but also it was my favorite place to hide. The faint memory made me smile for I had spent nearly then entire night counting the stars. Eventually I had fallen asleep up there and didn't wake until morning. I almost wished I could do that now. But I would never be able to sleep again. I had died tired and hungry and dirty.

Blinking I sighed and shook my head sitting up. My life was different now. Soon the breeze hit me and a scent came with it. Actually two scents hit me. I stood and stared out and quickly saw what my nose was smelling. A male and a female. They were heading this way. I quickly jumped off the roof and to the backyard where the Cullens were waiting. I stood with Fred and Diego wasn't far off but I instantly sensed Fred raise his repulse shield to protect us. I stood there watching the exchanged and listened to the greetings. So this was the Eleazar they had spoken of. As well as his mate Carmen. She was quite beautiful and vaguely reminded me of Esme. They were avoiding us but they knew where we were obviously. "Bree please ask Fred to drop his shield." Carlisle asked politely and I sighed and nodded to Fred who instantly dropped it at my nod.

"So these are the newborns. Diego." He walked up to him and held out his hand and Diego grinned and automatically reciprocated the handshake. "You have an interesting ability to freeze. I have never seen anything like it in all my years." Diego grinned proudly and nodded. "Thank you. I have been practicing it a lot since arriving with the Cullens." I stared at Diego shocked. But I recalled when I had been frozen and unable to move. He must have frozen us in our place to stop us from attacking. "My...Fred was it? You have the most incredible shield I have ever come across. To be able to repulse people as well as repulse them to the point of forgetting about you. That is a feat. You will do great things." I looked up to see Fred hesitating to take the hand set out before him but finally took it but not for long before releasing it. I remained where I stood. Refusing to allow this man to shake me. I sense great power from him and I wasn't sure I liked it.

"So this is Bree...This is the one whose abilities confuse you all? I must say she has by far the greatest newborn ability I have ever sensed. She is even more advanced then I." I choose not to acknowledge the words he was speaking. "You don't say, Eleazar? Well she is a rare find indeed." Carlisle seemed intrigued and I suddenly felt strange. If I did have this great ability would he try and use me like Riley used us all? He would never do that Bree. Carlisle is just wanting to know for your sake. You truly are a rare vampire, Bree. If you are more advanced then even Eleazar himself as well as the rest of us then you are quite advanced even before your first year has passed. You need to be protected so you arent stolen or used like Riley and Victoria tried. The Volturi will want you for themselves. More then likely they would want all three of you in their guard. You must be careful. I stared over to Edward and my brow pulled together in worry.

I didn't want to be used but I didn't need to be protected. I could handle myself. Take care of myself. I wasn't a baby. Edward nodded frowning. "Very well Bree. It is your choice." I nodded and sighed. "Fine I will allow it but please...I...I don't want to be treated like a porcelain doll or like I'm inside a plastic bubbled. Despite everything I can take care of myself." He nodded but everyone else stared at us confused. Eleazar and Carmen mostly. "Wait...were you two just having a mental conversation...?" I nodded and glanced back to Edward. "She is some how tapping into our abilities and using them for herself as well as seemingly the advanced versions. She had a vision that wasn't like Alice's. She could do more then Jasper's empathy. She can have a two way conversation with not just me but the others as well. I also found her somehow using Fred's ability." I stared confused at that and looked up at Fred who seemed surprised by that. Just as I was. Had I tapped into his ability?

"She seems to be able to not only sense people's abilities but she can also copy them. For how long I am unsure of. Since she hasn't been away from you to find out. But she also seems to be able to not only master the ability instantly but be able to use the advanced version of said ability. Curious ability indeed." I stared at the ground confused by this news. So I really did have an ability....but why did it come into being now? Why didn't it come sooner? "It probably did Bree but you hadn't been around abilities like our to be able to see it. You possibly advanced Fred's abilities in the army which shielded you both as well as him." I nodded. "I was also able to get Riley to trust me enough as if I could lead....just like Raoul's uncanny ability." Edward nodded and glanced to Eleazar.

"Do you know if there is a way for her to train and hone this ability so it could be more in her control so she knows how to stop from tapping or something of the nature?" Carlisle had spoken this time. "I suppose she could return with us and train with Kate. It would be the perfect ability for her to train herself to use and master. If she gets advanced enough she could possibly even teach the rest of us how to master our abilities." Fred hissed and stood in front of me being protective. I was shocked and surprised. "I'm going with her. I promised to protect her and that's exactly what I plan on doing." I stared shocked as well as the others at him. He wasn't my mate but he had become like a protective brother or bodyguard. I smiled because no one had ever tried protecting me before. I had always been alone in this fact. "Very well. You may come along. Perhaps you can learn more about your ability in the process." He nodded and relaxed now that he was allowed to go. "I'm coming too. After all we are in the ninja club together Bree. We must finish that secret handshake I promised you." I chuckled and nodded at that. Eleazar agreed.

We departed soon after and headed to Denali. The sisters welcomed us into the family with open arms. Kate was more then willing to help me learn her ability. She was shocked at first to learn that I had the ability to copy her power as well as surpass it. But she was willing to help me. It wasn't much later that we received the invitation to Bella and Edward's wedding. Tanya took it hard but I believe she understood. I was thrilled. From what I had seen when we were with the Cullens Bella was a wonderful girl. She was also the true reason behind me choosing to drink animal blood. Despite how far we had come there was still some debate on weather we should come to the wedding. Deigo was obviously farther then me and Fred. Not by much but still. Though Diego and I both knew of our control due to when we went hunting together before he left the army. Fred had pretty good control but of course we hadn't been around humans since Bella.

I had called Carlisle and Jasper had been present and was listening. They wanted to test our resolve before we were allowed to go. Jasper would accompany us just in case he would have to take care of us. We traveled through Forks and even to Seattle. We proved to Jasper that we could be around humans and Alice believed we wouldn't harm anyone so we were allowed to come to the wedding. I was thrilled and so was Alice. She got to pick out another dress. She did love her shopping. It was 3 days before the wedding when 3 boxes arrived addressed to Fred, Diego, as well as myself.. I was shocked to find the most beautiful blue and gold dress I had ever seen in mine. Inside the box was a note that explained that the Cullen females were wearing dresses that themed from when the lived. The dress she had sent me was quite modern due to me living in this modern time. I was just glad I didn't live during the 80s. Kate and I had a laugh about that.

I was saddened to find that Irina wasn't planning on coming. But she seemed deeply saddened. But from what I had heard her connection was deeper then Laurent's and his seemed to have been just a passing fancy. But I didn't wish to say such a thing and receive her wrath. But I felt like we were apart of the Denali and Cullen family. Despite only being with them for a short time. But eventually we wanted to go out on our own and be our own family. I had spoken to Diego and Fred and they wanted that as well. But we decided to wait a while longer so as to enjoy our new family. It hadn't been long before the wedding that I had mastered Kate's ability as well as assisted her in advancing her ability a little.

Upon arriving at the wedding we were sure to have a good supply of colored contacts to hide our eye colors since they were still red. After all I was only five months into my newborn life. Though Diego and Fred were both past their first year and on to their second. I still have several months to go so I needed the contacts more so then they did. But I didn't mind. My eyes would get to the golden hue that the boy's eyes were reaching quicker then mine. I had to admit the wedding was beautiful but being around the other Cullens meant me receiving their abilities. Jasper, Alice, and Edward's ability along with Kate, Diego, Fred and Eleazar. So it was a bit of a shock coming in contact with them again but I honestly missed them and it was good to see Esme again.

During the reception both Diego and Fred danced with me as well as a boy named Mike and I could see a girl who I learned was named Jessica who also liked or was in love with him was slightly jealous of this but I didn't mind so much. Not like she could do any harm to me. Seeing Bella like this made me happy that I didn't want to kill her or people any more. Because humans had friends and family too and didn't deserve death by blood loss. It wasn't fair to them that we survived off of their life force and I didn't believe it was suppose to be like that but I let it go.

Soon I departed from them and went to speak with Seth who quickly asked me to dance which I quickly agreed to and danced with him. I giggled lightly as we danced. "Seth you are so kind and not like the other wolves. You actually enjoy being around us and don't want to kill us. Thank you." I smiled and he blushed at the compliment but both of us snapped out of it when we heard the ruckus with Bella and Jacob. He quickly rushed off to help stop him and I moved to stand with Diego and Fred. They looked down at me worried about Bella and I was the one holding them in place. "Edward will take care of her. If it escalates we can help but not now. She'll be safe." I stood there with my arm wrapped through Fred's and Diego's arm around my waist.

Glancing toward Alice and I saw that she seemed stressed as did the other Cullens. Their expressions probably mirrored our own but none of us made a move to react unless needed. Then Bella and Edward returned but Seth was gone and I quickly excused myself from Diego and Fred and headed over to Billy Black. "Sir, Jacob has returned. I.." That's when I looked up to see Sue standing there and I requested a moment to speak with her. She obliged and we stepped to a private moment. "I hope you can help me with something Mrs Clearwater. Will you please give this to Seth. I hope to stay in contact. I see us being wonderful friends and I would hate to lose contact with him once we return to our residence in Denali."

I passed her a small piece of paper which had my phone number on it. It was the truth though. Alice's vision assisted me in being able to see my life entwined with the wolf and I hoped to be good friends with the boy since we were about the same age. She agreed and I allowed her to return to Billy and Charlie which caused me to head back to Diego and Fred.

After the wedding we stayed for a couple days to recount the tales of my training and for Alice to help me get us started with some money of our own. She also packed me some clothes that she had bought me while we were away. She was enjoying dressing me like her own personal doll while Bella was on her honeymoon. After a week we left and returned to Denali where we stayed for two more weeks before we decided to head off for a while and travel by ourselves. Honestly we were looking for a place to live for ourselves. But we also decided to see some sights. Such as monuments and national parks and so on and so fourth.

We stopped in New York and took a break. Of course we stayed. Central Park was more beautiful then I could even imagine. At first I stood there every night just enjoying the beautiful sight that was Central Park. The boys searched the woods and I enjoyed the beauty of the park. I couldn't wait for it to snow. When I was a little girl I remember seeing pictures of Central Park in the winter. I had always wanted to come here. It was one of the places I wanted to go when I was free from my father. Now finally I was here. I couldn't believe I was here honestly. It was the most beautiful place I could ever imagine.

We stayed in New York til after the first snow and I had a chance to enjoy the true beauty. Then we left to travel to Mapuche territory because we wanted to see Argentina and Chile. We had heard it was beautiful and plentiful with wonderful animals. We came across a strange scent so we tracked it and found a hybrid named Nahuel and his aunt Huilen. It was strange to meet them. Their story was incredible and we got well acquainted with them with a promise to return but we explained we were traveling and traveled to the Amazon and met the Amazons when Alice and Jasper arrived with the news. I saw the vision in her head and suddenly I became terrified and Diego, Fred and myself quickly decided to return to Forks and Senna and Zafrina went with us while Kachiri went with Alice and Jasper after we told Alice where we last saw Nahuel and Huilen and traveled to Forks with the Amazons and as soon as we arrived I was brought to my knees by the amount of abilities.

We met Renesmee and both Zafrina and myself adored the child with our abilities. Though I locked myself up because of the amount of abilities that were clouding my mind. It was hurting but when Carlisle came to see me with Eleazar they convinced me to take advantage of this and train myself to use these abilities and explained it would get worse when the Volturi arrived considering most but a few had abilities and most likely some of their witnesses would have abilities as well and I needed to be prepared so much like Bella I began training to use their abilities and progressed quickly. My favorite was Benjamin's ability. His was already advanced pretty far so I didn't get to far ahead of him but it was fun. Maggie's was cool too.

But I had a chance to play around with Nessie's ability with the assistance of Edward's since they were similar. I had a chance to better train with Bella's ability now that she was a vampire and her ability became more defined. I also had a chance to help in training her with Zafrina and Kate, if they were hunting or something. Diego and Fred were enjoying meeting the nomads as well as the others and I enjoyed learning the abilities and being able to teach myself how to not become overwhelmed but I was beginning to wonder how long I would keep these abilities and would sit on the roof of the house and thinking about it while the others went about their business below.

When Bella returned from going to visit J. Jenks for the final time I had a sense she was upset and when I spoke to her about it she told me what was going on and I told her I would do everything I could to help as well. To protect them. We had all fallen in love with the child. She was like the little sister or niece I had always wanted but obviously never got. When Christmas came we all continued our training and picked up the pace. I assisted Ben in placing his discreet boulders in the field so as to be able to take advantage of them in case it came to a battle. Which we all hoped it did not. I spoke to Carlisle about what we were going to do strategy wise and so on. We were training hard because we knew it wouldn't be long now. Only a few days.

I sensed them before they reached the field and I was terrified at the abilities I sensed but I was thrilled to be able to find Alec and Jane's abilities out of them all. They were the ones that would need to be taken out first and I spoke to Zafrina about if the time came and we needed to fight that she should blind them so that we could easily take them out or at least until I could use their abilities on them to take care of them myself. Zafrina, Bella, and myself would be the greatest weapons to dismantle the Volturi. With the assistance of Benjamin and Edward as well.

The day of their arrival we all stood in the field waiting and listening. By now we could all feel them and we stood in our respective pairings with me standing between Diego and Fred staring at the other side of the field waiting. "They're here." It was a whisper but it was enough for us to concentrate and pull our nerves together. Seeing the huge difference between their group and ours was obvious. They had more witnesses then us but hopefully with our proof nothing would come of this. But that's when I saw her. Irina was standing behind them in shocked at what I could only assume was the sight of her sisters standing with the Cullens. I glanced over and saw them frowning at the sight of her. Edward and Bella were holding Nessie close so as not to lose her. Everyone was holding people they loved close and I was standing close to both Fred and Diego not wanting to lose them. They were my family.

They came closer and the talks presumed. We stood waiting but when they killed Irina we all moved but only to stop Kate and Tanya. Zafrina quickly blinded them and Diego froze them in place. I quickly borrowed Bella's shield to protect Garret from the onslaught of Kate's ability though he was holding her close and tight against him so she couldn't escape. They calmed and we returned standing and stared over at the Volturi but then I heard something just before Edward spoke and it caused me to gasp. Diego and Fred looked at me and I stared straight ahead and smiled and looked up at them and nodded as I looked toward Edward as he finished and Aro spoke. But soon Alice and Jasper appeared and I frowned when I saw Alice's vision. I wanted to cry because of it. It was something I had never wanted to see.

When she told Aro that was his future if he didn't concede Nahuel and Huilen arrived and I smiled watching as they came into the field and was happy to see them. I missed them but they were here to save Nessie and the rest of us. We weren't going to die any time soon. After the near battle all the Volturi and their witnesses left. Well...all except one. A female. She was rather beautiful. Even for a vampire. She had fiery red hair that reached to the small of her back and her eyes matched her hair. She was in black dress pants with boots and a green corset top with a blazer jacket covering it. She smiled and walked toward us all. Us actually.

We all stood frozen watching her and wondering who she was and what she wanted. She stopped in front of Fred and smiled. "Hi. I'm Alexandria and I have been looking for you all over the place." She seemed to know him and it caused me to stare at her but then her ability hit me. "You...you are like a cupid...." She smiled and nodded at me. "I suppose you could say that but I have been looking for this man, Fred, for what feels like a very long time. I knew something wonderful would happen to me if I came with them. I didn't care about the child. I didn't believe her to be an immortal child. I just came because I had a feeling I would meet you and here you are. My...mate." I stared blankly confused at the topic of conversation and soon everyone disbursed and left after saying their goodbyes.

We stayed longer though the confused was still written all over my face. I wasn't sure what to expect from the girl but I had a chance to speak with Alice about the subject and she recanted the tale of her vision of Jasper and their meeting. It was romantic to know this and Jasper explained how he thought she was crazy when he first met her. She just giggled and it was cute because their love was pure and I couldn't resist the interaction between them. It was simply adorable. But I wasn't sure I trusted this girl. After all she drank from humans. How old was she? Who was she? We only knew her name and that she was to be Fred's mate.

I stood in Edward's old room staring out looking and watching the two talk. I frowned because I wanted to know who she was. I was happy if he was finding someone but the three of us were going to go out and see the world together. We were best friends and wanted the freedom to travel without being tied down. But here she comes and ruins those plans. I sighed when Edward came in the room. "I need to know who she is. I don't like the idea of her coming along and ruining our fun. Our family. She drinks from humans. She's not a newborn....so who is she Edward? What have you learned from her?" I just stared out the window still watching them.

"Not much although she was apart of a newborn army from Mexico. Much like Jasper. But she escaped before they could touch her. She drinks from humans yes. But from what they have been talking about she's more then willing to drink from animals. She, Fred, and Emmett are planning a hunting trip right now actually." I frowned at this news. I didn't like the idea of a new member to our family so soon but what could I do about it. They were future mates and I was just the semi leader of the group.

Utilizing Jasper's abilities I sensed Edward sadden at the turn of my thoughts. I was jealous. I knew that. But I didn't want them to be together for another reason. I frowned and looked to the floor at the thought. I didn't like what I had received from her ability about me. "I will leave you to ponder your thoughts, Bree. I will be with my family if you need someone to talk to." I nodded as he exited and I resumed my staring out the window.

Several days had passed yet I still remained in Edward's room staring out the window. No one bothered me though I could tell that they were worried about me. Jasper's ability helped me sense that they were worried and Edward's ability helped me hear their thoughts. Despite being worried none came to see me. I was thrilled about this. I didn't want visitors. I wanted to process the news that a fourth person who was unexpected and unwanted in my form was joining our family. Fred and Alexandria spent many hours out of doors and she had taken easily to the animal diet from what I learned. She and Fred were getting to know each other more and more as the days passed. They were currently just acquaintances getting to know one another. But I had a vision of their wedding which would happen fairly soon in the future.

One day everyone went out hunting and left me home alone. I took this time to leave the room and the house. I hadn't hunted in awhile but I ran farther then I needed to. I was near the Canadian border when I noticed the scent of a wolf. A familiar wolf. Stopping on a boulder I stood and looked down as the wolf sat in front of me. I could tell it was saddened. I smiled fainting sitting on the edge of the rock. "Don't look so sad Seth. I'll come back someday. I just need to go off by myself for awhile. I've always had someone near me. Protecting me. Using me. Abusing me. I think I need time alone. Or atleast away from the family. You should go back. I don't want them to follow me."

His eyes saddened as he looked up at me. "I'm coming with you. Please. You are my best friend. You are the only one that is my age. Please, Bree. Either come back with me or let me come with you." I frowned staring at him when I heard his thoughts. Closing my eyes I shook my head. "What about your family and the pack? I don't know how long I will be away." He lowered his head and then looked up at me. "They will be fine without me. I want to go with you, Bree. Please." Sitting there I sighed and nodded. "Fine. You can come with me. You don't have to be in your wolf form all the time if you don't want to. I'm a vampire. It's up to you. But I need to feed. I'm starving." He nodded and whimpered lightly at my need to feed and agreed he was hungry as well. I smirked beside myself. He didn't mind eating red meat. His sister had done it when Bella was pregnant and Jacob did it while he was running. So we ran and fed then continued running.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 1K 28
Tiffany Robin is a fifteen year old orphan. Moved to different orphanages all over Washington. When Waylon Forge decides to foster her. So she ends u...
487K 12.7K 27
Candace Valentine is a 19 year old blind woman with a terrible life. She is the hated child of the family. Her two youngest, twin sisters and her old...
127K 3K 21
This story happens 2 year's after Renesmee's birth, therefore she appears to be a 12 year old. The battle with the Volturi may be over, but will a ne...
20K 594 17
𝒾'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓉, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓃𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓈𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 ...