One Shots

By Zernain

This book will hold one shots from my every book. 1.You Made me Believe in Love 2. With You 3. Destined to b... More

Destined to be Yours(2)
Benevolent Hearts (1)
Benevolent Hearts (2)

Destined to be Yours (1)

8.9K 235 5
By Zernain

Shafaq glanced at the wall clock which was showing half past nine. Her legs felt like they had lost all the energy because of her worried pace in the living room. Her husband had now crossed the limits. Yes, it was true that Zaid had returned to his work after whole two weeks but that's the limit. Her family had gone to some wedding outside Lucknow and Zaid was in no mood to attend any family function. So now it was only Zaid and Shafaq in the house. Shafaq was now cursing that moment when she had accepted Mumani's wish to stay back with Zaid. Her husband didn't need her, his work was more precious to him than her.

Didn't he remember he had a wife back home whom he used to bug every now and then. Didn't Zaid remember that they got married just two weeks ago? Those two weeks had gone into a blur as good things come with wings. With Allah's blessings Shafaq felt her life too good to be true. It felt like a serene bliss around herself whenever she thought about the members around her and her life with them. Her uncle or father-in-law who never loved her less than her own father, then her aunt who was her mother and Naano who was just like her best buddy.

What could Shafaq think about Zaid? He was the most loving, caring, adorable husband in the world. They used to live together but now they were literally living together. They were cousins but now they were knowing each other as husband and wife. Her cheeks painted with a faint pink shade as she thought about her husband and his loving words about herself. Her mobile beeped with the pinging sound and the screen blinked with the message of the one from whom she was waiting for.

I love you.😘 You know that!😍😘

Shafaq huffed in annoyance and pursed her lips to stop the smile. She clearly knew why he was doing it, his long lost habit. Sweet talk with everybody to save himself from their wrath!

I don't know😒

Biting her lower lip, she fixed her glasses and sent the reply. She had every right to show some kind of anger, her husband deserved it. She put back her mobile on the coffee table and began to put up her long hair in a messy bun. How Shafaq thought to surprise her husband! She had worn the dress Zaid had gifted her on their wedding and left her hair loose as he liked them to be. Now she was feeling it all going in vain.

Didn't know why she was feeling like crying? Some tears were rolling down from her cheeks when with a click, the door opened revealing Zaid with a sheepish smile on his face. She hastily wiped her face and turned around to have a proper look on him.

As usual his sleeves were rolled till his elbow showing his fair wrists, the tie which Shafaq always tied with so much hard work was long gone, leaving behind Zaid with a tired look on his face. Her heart scolded her for getting angry on him, how tired he was. It must had not been easy for him also to join work after such long holidays.

" Assalamualaikum. "

Shafaq with a small smile moved ahead and took the briefcase from him. Zaid wound his arm around her waist stopping her to turn back and pulled her closer to him.

" Walaikumassalam. Why it seems like my wife missed me very much?"

" Because she did."

" And she cried too while missing me?"

******

Zaid just silently stared at his wife who lowered her head on his question. Her habit when she didn't want to say the truth. With the first glance he knew Shafaq was crying and maybe the reason was he,himself. Shafaq gently placed her hand on his chest and pulled a little away from him.

" You get freshen up, dinner is ready. "

Shafaq faked a smile and moved towards the kitchen leaving him in his own thoughts. Zaid scratched his head in order to get a grip of his thoughts.

They had just started the new journey of their marriage and it was not good to leave every topic dangling. Marriage, it is a sacred bond which is equally strong as it is fragile. The thing which keeps it intact is the only thing called conversation, heart to heart conversation. Where there is no veil, only feelings of each other.

" Hey, partner!"

Entering the kitchen, he found Shafaq pouring out the dish in bowls when she turned her head to give a dim smile.

" Yes."

" You're looking beautiful. "

His heart had missed a beat when Zaid had put his first step inside the house, looking at his wife who was an epitome of effortless beauty. But to his utter luck, her tears had snatched his ability to speak.

" Really? "

" Yes." He came closer to her, feeling her constant gaze on him, he opened her loose bun, " This is better."

Shafaq lowered her gaze, not meeting his eyes, " They were open but you were getting late and I-"

" You were feeling bad and I spoiled your mood."

Shafaq shook her head with a smile on his true words, playing with the buttons of his shirt. From the start, she was a silent girl who didn't ever share her feelings with anybody but now he wanted her to. He wanted to give that trust to her which she had put on him when he was going through his disability phase.

" No it was not like this. I should have understand about your pending work and all. I'm sorry I got angry on you."

" Why it's always necessary for you to understand? Sometimes its also my responsibility to have some sense of things. By the way when did you get angry on me?"

Shafaq slowly stood on her tiptoes and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, " My husband is talking sensible. " and ruffled his hair. " That message which I had sent you. I had worn the dress you had gifted me, get readied for you then you were getting late so I began to get angry."

" Hmmm. " Zaid wound his arms around her pulling her closer to him. " That means I will have to do something to freshen up your mood but firstly dinner, please. These dishes are smelling delicious. "

Shafaq giggled and nodded at his request. They started their dinner with comfortable chatters of here and there. He always enjoyed being with Shafaq, she was his best friend first then his wife and that was why there was this beautiful aura which surrounded them.

Putting back the dinner dishes in the kitchen, Zaid found Shafaq near the sink washing dishes. Quickly striding towards her, he lifted her up in his arms, forcing out a squeal from his wife.

" What are you doing? "

" Taking you to the room."

" But why? I have to clean the kitchen."

" No need. Maid will do it tomorrow morning. We have to discuss some important matters, I can't let my wife being upset with me."

Shafaq chortled and wrapped her hands around his nape, her eyes raking on his features as he gave a quick smile to her.

******

" So what are you going to do to freshen up my mood?"

Shafaq asked as Zaid made her sit on the bed. This was the thing that she most liked about him. He tried to understand her everytime, he never put his own opinion on her, he tried to think from her point of view. The anger was now long gone as she couldn't stay upset with him for too long but Shafaq liked to see Zaid try, his attempts just to make her happy and to keep the barriers away from their marriage.

" Remember that feet on feet dance."

Feet on feet dance! She had heard it somewhere.

Her eyes widened as it came crawling to her mind. In their childhood when anybody did some mistake, that person had to walk a good distance with the other person standing on his or her feet. It was a silly game made up by both of them and Shafaq still remembered Zaid had walked a long distance with her because as always he was a mistake maker. But now her husband had surely lost his senses, they were grown ups and that game was good until they were children.

" Are you serious? We are grown ups. "

Zaid grabbed her hand, pulling her up and held her both hands in his, tightly.

" Who said that we are grown ups? Forget it for sometime. "

" Allah. " Her cheeks heated up thinking about the silliness they were about to start. She slowly put up her feet on his, her hands tightened their grip on his hands with the fear of falling. Zaid always made her do something silly, but that was the reason she loved him.

He began to walk ever so slowly with her, his hands protecting her from falling. His eyes stuck on her face and she felt herself blushing under his intense gaze.

" Till when are you planning to walk like this?"

" Until you don't say that you forgive me."

" If I won't say it? "

" Then I'll have to inform in the office that I won't be able to come tomorrow. "

Zaid said with fake innocence on his face, an adorable pout of his lips making her laugh at his antics. Shafaq left his hands and held his shoulders tightly as he wrapped his arms around her waist. He placed a kiss on her nose tip and then near earlobe and she felt her breath had caught up in her throat over his languid adoration.

" We will fall. "

" I won't let you."

Zaid whispered as he kissed her cheek. His grip tightened on her waist for which she was not ready. She wound her arms around his nape tightly, imbalancing both of them resulting in Zaid falling on the bed with an oomph and Shafaq on him.

She tugged her hair behind her ear and looked up at Zaid whose eyes were closed and a grimace could be seen on his face. Had she hurt him? Allah!

" Z-zaid. " She gently patted his cheek and didn't get any kind of response from her husband. Was he faking it? Or was he serious? She had hurt her husband! What a wife she was!

" Zaid, open your eyes. "

Now her heart was thudding with anxiety with every passing moment. She moved near his ear and whiffed in it to make him conscious but to no avail. His breathing was normal but why he was not opening his eyes?

******

Zaid pursed his lips too tightly to not to let his wife know about his act. He didn't want to do it but his naughty side always forced him to pull up a prank on Shafaq because he liked it when she blushed over her mistake.

He felt a little shuffling and then Shafaq gently poked him in his ribs forcing him to squirm under her. Yes, he was ticklish but how did she know it? Not able to control his laugh, he held Shafaq hand and opened his eyes.

" I knew it, I totally knew it."

Shafaq whisper yelled wiggling her hand out of his grip and started punching on his chest. He laughed and rolled so that she was trapped under him. Gently holding both her wrists in his hand, Zaid removed her glasses from her eyes as he wanted to have a deep look of her hazel brown orbs.

" Yeah, that's why you were sounding so worried. "

Zaid told kissing her eyes, picking the tears away from her and Shafaq huffed, not giving him any kind of answer. There were very few times when his wife got angry with him but he loved seeing that fiesty side of her.

" Forget about your forgiveness. I will never talk to you."

" Are you sure? I have my ways, partner. " With that he slowly neared his face and placed a barely there kiss on her lips. Enjoying the way as her gasp mingled with his secretive breath.

He lived for her shyness, the way Shafaq gently curled herself near him on his adoration was that he loved the most. Zaid always cherished the memory of their first kiss, that moment would be etched on his heart forever and he never wanted to remove it from there.

Zaid laughed at her praise about his nose. She would always be too naive and adorable. He tightened his hold on her by returning her embrace. Gently holding her chin, he lifted up Shafaq's face. He could feel her heated up cheeks and that fluttering of her eyelashes as she was doing a great job to save herself from his gaze.

He lowered his face near her and kissed her lips softly, not wanting to scare her away and resulting a gasp of surprise from her as she pulled back a little from him.

" What are you doing? "

" You really want to know?"

Shafaq shook her head, giggling to herself and again placed her head on his chest hiding away herself from him.

" What are you thinking? "

Shafaq's cold query brought him back from his memory and he smiled looking at his lady who was staring at him with furrowed brows. He shook his head to boost up her curiosity in which he succeeded quickly.

" You are smiling too much."

" I can transfer this smile to your lips too. "

Zaid let go of her wrists and put his hand on her waist pulling her a little more closer to him. Shafaq held his arm tightly, her other hand wounded around his nape to ease herself. Without further ado, he kissed her chastely, his way of giving his happiness, his smile to her.

" It's not working, dear hubby. "

Shafaq said pulling away from him, a little telltale smile which she was failing to hide from him. Zaid started nuzzling her neck resulting a beautiful mixture of laugh and squeal from her as she pushed his chest to stop his torture.

" Now? "

" Not working."

Zaid chuckled at her lying as he leaned down on her, dimming the bedside lamp and again kissing her as much he wanted to. The night spread out its wings on the couple, veiling them away in its velvety bluish blanket as they got engaged in their talks about love and fondness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 15.3K 38
Ivy Williams had always aspired to complete her university journey without any interruptions or complications. However, not even two months into her...
411K 25.1K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
225K 27K 22
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
1M 24.3K 42
Limited Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 10+ chapters of this story and win 30 Coins (2000 Winners) Whi...