Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a...

Da heartofice97

Freya Gold (Priscilla) played by Nina Dobrev Ella Swan played by Candice Accola/King Lisa (Vasilisa) played b... Altro

characters
Items / Other Forms
chapter 1 - Heart, Body and Soul
chapter 2 - Lost Girl
chapter 3 - Quite a Common Fairy
chapter 4 - Nasty Habits
chapter 5 - Good Form
chapter 6 - Ariel
chapter 7 - Dark Hollow
chapter 8 - Think Lovely Thoughts
chapter 9 - Save Henry
chapter 10 - The New Neverland
chapter 11 - Going Home
chapter 12 - New York City Serenade
chapter 13 - Witch Hunt
chapter 15 - Quiet Minds
chapter 16 - It's Not Easy Being Green
chapter 17 - The Jolly Roger
chapter 18 - Bleeding Through
chapter 19 - A Curious Thing
chapter 20 - Kansas
chapter 21 - Snow Drifts
chapter 22 - There's No Place Like Home

chapter 14 - The Tower

376 18 18
Da heartofice97

Flashback - One Year Ago

Tori's Dream

Night - Matthews House - Living Room

Tori walked into the house, seeing a cradle standing in the middle of the room. Toys were lying around everywhere. Tori looked around in confusion. "This... this is impossible. This shouldn't be here. This is all wrong."

Faye appeared, walking closer. "You're right. A full grown girl of royalty still living in her nursery? I don't even have a proper vanity. But, I am plenty vain."

Tori was worried, looking around. "Faye. Where're Mathias and Saphira?"

Saphira and Mathias walked in.

"They're right here, Mama," Faye answered. "Hello, sister. Hello, Daddy."

"What do you want, Faye?" Mathias asked. "This can't be just a social call."

Faye laughed, looking at Tori. "You know what I want to do to Saphira and Mathias, and to you. What I was raised to want to do by Zelena. She may have used you and Mathias to create me, Tori, to be just like Saphira, but you know she hates you for thinking you took Mathias from her. And she'll punish all of you for it. She raised me to want to punish all of you, too."

Mathias was completely overwhelmed. "Faye... we don't wanna hurt you."

"I know you don't," Faye told them. She turned to face Tori threateningly. "But you know that you'll have no choice if I come for you, Saphira and Mathias. You may be a surrogate family to me, but my mother will always use that to make me want revenge for not being apart of a family that actually loved me."

"You didn't deserve that, Faye," Tori told her.

"No, I didn't," Faye agreed. "It's a shame that it happened to me anyway. Because of you. All because you, Tori, and Saphira and Mathias. Which is why I'm going to burn the three of you alive." Suddenly, the room darkened, and thunder could be heard outside. Toys were falling off the shelves. "Goodbye, Sister Saphira. Goodbye, Daddy and Mommy."

In a swirl of blue/green smoke, Faye started to transform into her Dragon form to try and kill them.

Saphira shook her head desperately. "It's not too late, Faye. You can stop this. Please! You don't have to hurt us. You can still be saved."

Faye laughed. "I don't wanna be saved. You can't save me. You can't even save yourselves. Not from anyone. And certainly not from me. There's nothing you can do."

"No, Faye!" Saphira told her. "Faye!"

Dragon!Faye used her power and her Siren Song and Dragon fire to burn them alive, making them scream.

Reality

Enchanted Forest

Morning - Dark Palace - Bedroom Chamber

Tori woke up from her nightmare, gasping in shock, looking around, seeing that the bed next to her was empty, becoming worried. "Mathias? Mathias."

Mathias was standing by the window, looking over the landscape, turning to look at her. "Look who's awake." Tori slowly got out of bed. "Come, look at this view, Tori. You would love it."

Tori walked closer. "It's beautiful."

Mathias noticed her behavior. "Tori? You okay?" Tori sighed, shaking her head. Mathias realized. "You've been having dreams too. Ever since meeting Zelena and Faye."

"Of course I have," Tori answered. "Mat, you, Saphira and I wanted to try and give Faye a chance, but she doesn't seem like she wants that chance. And every dream I have of that, it always ends with her killing us."

Mathias nodded understandingly. "Because of Zelena."

"Yes," Tori answered. "Even if we do take Zelena down, Faye won't be happy about it."

"And even though we don't really know her all that well, we would lose Faye forever," Mathias finished. "I can't explain why we want to give this girl we just met a chance."

"Because even if she's threatening us, she's only alive because of us," Tori answered. "We may not have had her, but Faye exists because of us. Somehow we feel responsible for her."

"So we give her a chance," Mathias told her. "Try to, at least. And if Faye doesn't take that chance... there's nothing we can do."

Tori remembered Faye saying that in her nightmare, becoming even more worried. Mathias and Tori embraced, completely overwhelmed and not knowing how to take all of this in.

ღ Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a Time) ღ

Now

Storybrooke

Day One

Morning - Hatter House - Living Room

The Hatters, Charmings, Regina, Alcina, Saphira and Mathias were here.

"So, now that we know who we are dealing with..." Regina trailed off. "How do we find this Wicked Witch and Fatale?"

"Might I suggest we start by asking if anyone has seen a woman and her daughter, both with green skin running around?" Grace asked.

"We're cursed in Storybrooke," Freya told them. "They'll look like any one of us."

"Well, I'm betting if we find this Wicked Witch and Fatale, we'll find Mama," Saphira replied. "So, I'm open to suggestions."

"Then we start somewhere where we know they've been," Emma told them. "Regina's office."

"I've been over it with a fine toothed comb," Alcina told them. "They left no trace."

"But you were combing for magic," Ella pointed out. "Maybe there's physical evidence that you missed."

"Good idea," Jefferson told her. "We'll track them. Hopefully find Tori."

"If you wanna waste your time playing Nancy Drew, be my guest, but we can't let Henry wander around alone with those witches and their flying monkeys out there," Regina told them.

"Well, especially since two of these flying monkeys could turn out to be Henry and Rose's father/Freya and Alcina's brother/Jefferson's brother in law/Grace's uncle, and Saphira's mother/Mathias's wife," Lisa agreed.

"Still no sign of Neal and Tori?" Snow asked.

"No," Grace answered.

"Point being, someone needs to protect Henry," Lisa told them. "He doesn't even know what's going on."

Rose looked at Lisa, smirking teasingly. "I'm guessing you're volunteering?"

"Shut up, Rose," Lisa replied. Rose smiled. The others were amused, looking at Lisa knowingly. Lisa looked away, changing the subject. "We have to go back to Operation Dynamo anyway."

Grace nodded in agreement. "Right. Right. Yeah. Operation Dynamo."

Alcina frowned in confusion. "What the hell is Operation Dynamo?"

"Our code name for researching the Dark Being," Rose answered. "Henry and Lisa came up with Operation Dynamo. Grace found in her notebook notes about how Grace and Lisa were researching it during the missing year. Since all of you are out there doing... whatever it is you're doing... we've been doing this."

"We're supposed to meet Henry at the library, anyway," Grace agreed. "About now, actually. Like, right now."

Rose looked at the clock. "Oh! Yeah. Grace's right. We should go."

"And how exactly did you explain to Henry about why you're researching something like this?" Freya asked. "Something like the Dark Being?"

"We said that it was for a school project," Grace answered.

"And he bought that?" Emma asked skeptically.

"Maybe," Rose answered.

"Maybe?" Regina repeated.

Grace shrugged. "I don't know if he bought it or not. He could just be going along with it because he kept looking at Lisa."

Rose smirked. "Even when Henry doesn't remember Lisa? He still has a crush on her."

Grace giggled. "Yep. Mm-hmm."

The others were only a little surprised but very amused.

"Seems like the boy can't change his heart even without his memories," Mathias remarked. "Isn't that right, Light Bringer?"

Lisa was embarrassed, sheepishly innocent, turning to leave. "Okay. Can we go now? If you find anything, call me. Rose, Grace and I can help."

Emma chuckled. "Just remember. He thinks we're here because Ella's on a case."

"Well, look who's gotten good at lying," Jefferson told them. "Just don't let anything slip up. As far as Henry knows, Rose is his sister. Lisa and Grace are two girls he just met. That's it."

"I'm well aware of how Henry sees me," Lisa told them.

Freya sighed, kneeling in front of her sympathetically. "It's gonna be fine, Lisa. I promise."

Lisa nodded sadly. Freya and Jefferson both gave her a hug comfortingly.

"Come on," Regina told them. "Ally and I can take you to the library. Watch over you."

"Yeah," Alcina agreed. "I wanna see Henry, too. Even if he doesn't remember us. And then after you guys finish researching for the day? We can go get ice cream."

Lisa, Grace and Rose smiled.

Regina chuckled. "Sure. Why now?"

Regina, Alcina, Lisa, Grace and Rose left the house to head out to the library and meet with Henry.

Jefferson sighed. "With Tori and Neal missing? Time is wasting. There's something wicked in our town. What do you say we go find them?"

Zelena and Faye's Farmhouse - Cellar

Tori and Gold were locked in their two cages across the room from each other. Gold was spinning straw into gold. Zelena and Faye walked downstairs.

"Enjoying your little toys?" Zelena asked.

Gold continued to spin. "Spinning cleans the mind. Soothes the soul. It cleans the mind. It soothes the soul. It cleans the mind. It soothes the soul."

"He looks as awful as he sounds," Tori told them, annoyed, angrily hitting the bars. "So why don't you let me out of here before his rumbling turns me just as crazy as him?"

Faye chuckled. "What's wrong, Tori? You're not enjoying your cage, hmm? Not appreciating your jailors? Oh, no, you look like you want to hurt us. Well, you're not glaring at me, you're glaring at my Mama, so maybe you don't want to hurt me, but do you want to hurt her."

"Maybe because she raised you to want to do this," Tori answered. "Faye, you can be better than this. Please."

"Save your breath, Tori," Zelena told her, holding up Gold's dagger as a threat. "Or I'll command the Dark One to give you a much more painful prison than just without your Siren voice. You're both slaves to me. Frustration can be so intoxicating. On others. The only ones who can do the hurting here are me and Faye."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Tori asked. "Don't let me stop you."

Gold sang softly. "All the voices in my head will be quiet when I'm dead."

Faye giggled. "We're not here to kill you, Rumple, or Tori. But you both really need to keep up appearances."

"Appearances?" Gold repeated. "For what? For why? Let me spin, spin the madness away." He resumed spinning. "Spin the madness away."

Zelena scoffed. "No. I think spinning is bringing the madness. What we're after, Rumple, is something you've spent a lifetime seeking. Something that goes against your very nature. Something that I can't afford to wait that long for. Luckily, I won't have to."

After getting a drop of Gold's blood, Zelena walked out of the cellar.

Faye opened Tori's cage, walking inside, waving her hand, using magic green/blue smoke to conjure makeup on the floor, sitting in front of her. "Here. Come closer. Now, hold still. Unless you want me to mess up while dolling up that pretty face." She started to apply makeup to Tori's face, which confused her. "You're probably wondering why I'm doing this. Answer is simple. I'm bored out of my skull, and Mama and I have to be careful about going out into town."

"Because you don't want Mathias to see Zelena," Tori told her. "Because of her obsessive crush on him. He'll recognize her when she's not green."

Faye nodded. "Mm-hmm. So would Priscilla. I'm sorry, Freya, in this world. And the Curse wiped your memory of what we told you about our deal with Regina and Alcina, and it erased the first time we told you about what Mama did, using you and Mathias to bring along me, Tori, but we explained it all over again for you while you were in here. You know, Mama learned one thing from her adoptive father, who was an abusive ass, but she learned one thing that she taught me, which is why I'm doing this for you. No matter what we were feeling on the inside, we had to put on our best face. In our land, Mama and Rumple never had that choice, did they? No matter what they did, their outsides showed exactly what was rotting on the inside. But you, Saphira and I? Being Sirens, we could change our looks, our features, our hair, anything we wanted to about ourselves, though you and Saphira rarely did. I rarely did either, because the green skin was my way of being with my mother as well, but I like being able to have the ability to change my form with ease, more than just having a Dragon form. And we're in a new land now, aren't we? A land filled with opportunity. The least of which is to look our best." Faye finished applying the makeup to Tori, laughing, brushing back Tori's hair, using magic to wash her hair clean and put it back in a beautiful hairdo. "There, beautiful as ever."

"Appearances?" Tori asked. "You don't care about appearances. If you cared about appearances, you'd change my clothing."

Faye looked over Tori's outfit that had been worn since the Curse brought everyone to Storybrooke, an Enchanted Forest pirate style. "Right you are." She used magic to cover Tori with blue/green smoke, and when it cleared, she was in a princess worthy dress, but still tied to Tori's style of being a pirate, by wearing leather. "There you go, Tori. You used to be a princess, didn't you? I thought you'd like the darker edge to a princess style. Oh, that means that me and Sister Saph are kinda royalty too, doesn't it? Even Papa since he married a princess. Never thought of it like that. You look lovely as a leather pirate princess."

Tori frowned in confusion. "Why are you doing this, Faye?"

Faye didn't answer, smirking, placing a finger over her lips, giggling. "Shh."

Faye left the cage, closing and locking it again, leaving the cellar.

Gold's Pawnshop

Zelena walked in.

Belle was running the shop now. "Uh, hi. Can I, uh, can I help you?"

"Oh, you must be Mrs. Gold," Zelena told her.

"No, I'm, uh, not," Belle answered.

"Is Mr. Gold around?" Zelena asked.

"Uh, he, no, he isn't," Belle answered, clearing her throat. "He--he died."

"Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss..." Zelena trailed off, giving Belle a questioning look.

"Belle," Belle answered.

"Belle," Zelena repeated. "It's such a pretty name. Oh, look, I'm--I'm so sorry to bother you." She noticed that Belle was making posters with Tori's picture on them. "Especially when you're in the middle of this. Are those missing posters?"

"Uh, yeah," Belle answered. "They're for my sister, Tori. She's been missing since the Curse brought us here. I've been trying to help my niece, Tori's daughter, Saphira, and brother in law, Mathias, find her, but we haven't had much luck."

Zelena feigned sympathy. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I was hoping to buy a baby gift for a lovely woman that my daughter Faye and I met at Granny's Diner. Maybe you know her. She goes by Mary Margaret here. See, Faye and I are helping her with her pregnancy, and today's the first day on the job. You know, Curse or no Curse, girls got to work."

"Mary Margaret?" Belle asked. "Why didn't you say so? I think I may have just the thing."

Zelena smiled. "Bless you."

"Just a second," Belle told her, turning around.

Zelena magically froze Belle in place, quickly walking up to a safe hidden behind a painting, using the drop of Gold's blood she had taken to open the blood lock, taking out a root, closing the safe.

ღღ

Town Hall - Mayor's Office

Freya, Emma, David, Jefferson, Saphira and Mathias were going through the office.

Jefferson noticed red colored partial footprints on the floor. "I think I have a partial footprint. You guys see anything?"

"Other than an austere sense of design?" Saphira asked. "Nothing."

They looked at the red on the foot print.

"Is that blood?" Emma asked.

"It's berry," Freya answered.

"Like a fruit?" Mathias asked.

"No, like holly berry," Freya answered. "They grow on bushes."

"Are you some sort of botanist in this life, Freya?" Saphira asked. 'On top of a teacher and deputy?"

"Saphira, remember that Jefferson and I learned how to hunt when we were kids and taught Grace and Lisa how to hunt so well in the woods they could hide from even my grandfather and the lost boys in Neverland?" Freya replied. Saphira nodded. "The bushes grow in the woods."

"Do you know where in this town?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, in the north west corner, not far from the toll bridge," David answered, checking text on his phone, sighing.

"Everything okay?" Saphira asked.

David nodded. "Mary Margaret needs me to come back to the loft. We're getting a midwife and a babysitter, and they want to meet the both of us."

"A bit demanding, aren't they?" Jefferson asked. They all looked at him. Jefferson shrugged. "I meant the midwife and babysitter."

Saphira nodded to David. "It's fine. Go."

David shook his head. "No, we just got on track here."

"And we've got it covered," Emma told him. "She needs you. Just meet us when you get done."

David sighed. "All right."

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Day - Dark Palace - The Stables

Saphira walked in, opening a saddle bag, taking out a flask, taking a sip.

Derek walked in, seeing this. "I used to keep a bottle hidden in my quiver."

Derek carried arrows with him. The arrows' heads were gilded.

Saphira looked at them closely. "Are those gold-tipped arrows?"

Derek chuckled. "Payment for helping all of you break into the castle from the Sorceress. Never thought I'd be paid to break in somewhere. It just feels wrong somehow."

"Coming from a former pirate, Derek, I say it's not wrong to get gold for breaking into a castle," Saphira told him.

Derek smiled. "Of course you do."

Saphira chuckled. "It's very generous. Alcina must trust you and Robin if she gave you those."

"This place is the best place for Roland," Derek told her. "With those witches on the loose, Robin's and my first priority is keeping our family safe. I'm sure you understand that."

Saphira nodded in answer. "I do."

"If you don't mind me saying, you, uh, you look like a girl who needs some sleep more than a drink," Derek pointed out.

Saphira scoffed. "I would if I could."

Derek nodded in understanding. "Mm. Yeah, I've been there." Saphira offered him the bottle. Derek took a sip. "Is there anything you want to talk about?" Saphira sighed. "Or not talk about?"

Tori was about to walk into the stables when she heard them talking, stopping outside the stables.

"Zelena and Faye, the Wicked Witch and Fatale..." Saphira trailed off, sighing heavily. "Zelena is Regina and Alcina's half-sister. Faye is a conjuring between natural, magical and scientific causes. Zelena used my mother and father's DNA through a deal with Rumplestiltskin to have her daughter Faye."

"Which would make Faye family to you, Tori and Mathias?" Derek asked.

"Yeah," Saphira answered. "And we saw proof of it because of how Faye turned into a Dragon and sang a Siren song before flying away with her mother."

Derek was completely stunned, in shock. "Just how complicated is your life, Saphira?"

Saphira scoffed a laugh, shaking her head. "You have no idea. But I do know thanks to Dragon hearing that someone is standing right outside listening to us."

Tori sighed, stepping out into view. "Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt."

Derek chuckled. "No need, Tori. It is your daughter I'm speaking to. I'm very sorry to both of you and Mathias of what you've been going through lately. Can't imagine it."

"Feeling of dread of what could happen is pretty big," Tori admitted. "About what will Zelena and Faye could do to us, to the ones we love, and we really need to be there for them, for Mathias, and I can't be distracted by this... fear."

"So don't be," Derek told her.

Saphira scoffed. "Easier said than done."

"After my first love died, Friar Tuck told me of a root, that if digested, would help one overcome any and all fears,' Derek explained.

"Where do we find it?" Saphira asked.

"It's said to grow under the white moss at the edge of Sherwood Forest," Derek answered. "Just south of here."

"White moss?" Saphira repeated. "Anything else?"

"It has flakes of crystal within its flesh," Derek answered. "It looks like stars."

"Stars?" Saphira repeated.

Derek nodded. "That's why they call it 'night root'."

"Did it help you?" Saphira asked.

Derek shrugged. "I don't really dabble in magic unless I have to."

"Well, I may not have that luxury," Tori told them. "Saphira, stay here with Mathias and the others, make sure nothing goes wrong."

"You mean if Faye and Zelena return?" Saphira asked.

Tori nodded. "Yes, I'll be back soon."

"You should know they, uh, say that that part of the forest is haunted," Derek warned.

Tori stopped in the doorway. "Haunted?"

Derek nodded. "You may need the night root to handle the fear of your journey to stop your fear. Perhaps Saphira's flask was the right idea."

Tori scoffed. "I'm not afraid of a ghost story, not when my family is at stake. Thank you, Derek."

Tori left the stables.

Saphira turned to him. "Yeah, Derek. Thanks."

"She'll be okay," Derek assured. "Tori definitely seems like a survivor. Like you. And Mathias."

Saphira smirked. "Like I said before. You have no idea."

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Charming Loft

Faye and Zelena were now with Snow.

Faye laughed. "No, he caught you in a net?"

Snow smiled. "Well, I had just robbed his carriage."

Faye couldn't stop laughing. "Oh, my God. You two got quite a love story."

David walked in.

Snow beamed at the sight of him. "Well, speak of the handsome devil. Zelena, Faye, this is David."

Zelena and Faye stood to shake his hands.

"Mr. Nolan, it's so lovely to meet you," Zelena told him.

They sat down.

David chuckled. "Okay, so, I'm here. Shall we get this started?"

Snow gave him an amused look. "Oh, it sounds like you mean, 'shall we get this finished?'"

David shook his head. "No, no, I'm here. Let's do this."

"Before we begin?" Snow asked. "I'm gonna get us a cup of tea?"

"No, no, no," Zelena told her, standing. "Let me make you some tea. After all, that's what I'm here for." She walked into the kitchen. "To make your life as easy as possible."

Faye stood. "I, however, should get going. I have some people to meet."

Faye walked into the kitchen to talk to Zelena alone.

Snow looked at David. "I mean, aren't they wonderful?"

David nodded. "Yeah, they seem perfect, but can we trust them? We don't even know them."

"It's entirely possible we were all friends in our missing year," Snow told him.

"And it's possible we weren't," David replied. "Look, I just wish we'd know more about them. It's not like we can ask for references from a missing year."

"They knew Johanna," Snow told him.

"Your nanny growing up?" David asked.

Snow smiled excitedly. "Yes. They were friends."

David sighed. "Small world."

"David, if any part of this feels wrong to you, to either one of us, we can always change our minds," Snow assured. "Let's just hear them out, right?"

Zelena handed the night root she had stolen from Gold's shop to Faye privately while she was on the way out.

Zelena joined David and Snow. "Here we go. I hope chamomile is okay. I've found it's excellent for the nerves."

Snow smiled. "Perfect."

Street

Mathias and Saphira were searching for Tori while drinking from flasks to calm their nerves.

Faye was observing them from a distance, using magic to freeze them in an outline of blue/green power so they wouldn't know she would be there, appearing next to Mathias, taking his flask to put the night root into it, putting the flask back in his hand. "We're so lucky to have such a brave father, Saphira. So fearless. Now that bravery and fearlessness is gonna be put to the test. Let's see if Mathias passes."

Faye smirked, disappearing before they both unfroze, in a whirl of green/blue smoke.

ღღ

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Night - Sherwood Forest

Tori was walking through the forest, coming to a spot where white moss grew, digging up a root, chopping off one slice of it, taking a closer look at it. "Just like stars. Night root."

A woman named Rapunzel was calling for help from a tower. "Help! Please, help!" Tori drew her sword, following the sound, stepping through a gap in the undergrowth, finding herself in a clearing, and at the edge of the clearing, seeing the tower. "Up here, please!" Slowly, Tori climbed up the tower's wall using a queue of hair as a rope, finally climbing through the window. "You're--you're the first person I've seen in such a long time."

"How long have you been up here?" Tori asked.

"I've lost count of the years," Rapunzel admitted. "Are you a pirate?"

"Formerly pirate, also former royalty," Tori answered. "You can call me Tori. A tiara? You're a princess."

Rapunzel nodded. "Yes, but you can call me Rapunzel. My parents are the king and queen of my realm. Great leaders. Adored by our people."

"Why did you leave your kingdom?" Tori asked.

"For the same reason you did," Rapunzel answered. "I saw what you were digging up."

"You came for the night root?" Tori asked.

"Yes," Rapunzel answered. "When I got older, I knew, I just knew I could never be a leader like my parents, but at least I had my older brother. He was next in line, but then something happened, something horrible."

"I'm sorry," Tori told her.

"It was a terrible, terrible accident," Rapunzel explained. "And after his death, this fear started to overwhelm me. When I closed my eyes..."

Tori nodded in understanding. "Then the nightmares would come."

"They crippled my sleep," Rapunzel told her.

"Did you take the night root?" Tori asked.

"Yes," Rapunzel answered. "It didn't work. Coming to get it was the greatest mistake in my life."

"Then how are you still here?" Tori asked.

Rapunzel sighed deeply. "Before I could return home, a witch appeared, her face hidden under a cloak. She attacked me and chased me to this tower."

"You don't have to worry about her anymore," Tori assured. "I'm getting you out of here."

Rapunzel grabbed Tori's arm. "You don't understand. She won't let me. Whenever I try to leave, she..." Suddenly, the candles went out. Tori looked out the window, seeing a hooded figure approach the tower. The figure wore a violet gown with white patterns woven in, draped in an earth brown cloak, the figure's clothing matching the night root's appearance. "It's too late. She knows you are here."

The hooded figure climbed up the tower.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Charming Loft

Snow, David, Faye and Zelena were talking at their table, now that Faye had returned.

Zelena looked at Snow. "You've already gone through labor twice, so at least you know what to expect."

Snow nodded in agreement. "Oh, yes, we both do." She looked at David. "I don't think your hand has recovered from my squeezing it both times."

David chuckled. "Well, it's been almost thirty years, so I'm sure it'll heal."

"Keep in mind, the third birth can progress much faster than the first two," Zelena explained.

Snow nodded. "Well, that's putting it mildly. I seem to have gone from zero to due date in the blink of an eye."

"How's our father doing?" Faye asked.

"Oh, me, I'm fine," David answered. "I'm great."

"Look, Mary Margaret was telling us earlier about what happened during the first Curse," Faye told him. "Losing both your daughters is, it's tragic. Look, I don't mean to pry, but she did express anxieties about all of this."

"You did?" David asked.

"David, we're missing a year of memories in the Enchanted Forest," Snow told him. "We suddenly find ourselves in Storybrooke about to have a baby. It's a bit disconcerting."

Zelena smiled. "I think it's best to just get these anxieties out in the open, feelings, especially those we keep bottled up can effect a pregnancy just as much as diet and exercise. Look, I suppose what I'm trying to say is, that if you've got any fears at all about any of this, it's best to just get it out in the open."

David put an arm around Snow. "I don't. Whatever is coming, we'll get through it.'

Zelena smirked. "Cheers to that, then." They clinked their mugs, drinking. Zelena and Faye shook David's hands. "It was wonderful to meet you, Mr. Nolan."

"Uh, David," David corrected. "Nice to meet you, too, Zelena, and Faye."

Faye smiled. "The pleasure is all ours."

Woods

Mathias had split up from Saphira, walking through the woods as he finished his flask, losing control to a momentary outburst of anger as he used his Dragon fire to burn the flask out of his existence, sighing deeply. "Come on, Tori. Where are you?"

Mathias looked at his pirate sword in the hilt on his side, sighing. A hooded figure was following close behind him.

ღღ

Heritage Park

Regina and Alcina had taken Henry, Rose, Lisa and Grace out for ice cream as they were walking.

"The ice ream good?" Alcina asked.

"Delicious," Henry answered. "Rose's and my mom used to take us for Gilato in Little Italy. But this is just as good."

"Well, Storybrooke's got its own charm," Regina told them. "Though, I know, it must seem quaint compared to the big city."

"It's nice, actually," Henry told them. "New York's great. But there's so many people. That can make you feel..."

"Alone?" Lisa finished.

Henry looked at Lisa, nodding. "Yeah."

Lisa nodded. "Yeah."

"That's the best part of a small town," Alcina told them. "Everybody knows everybody. It's like... it's like a big family."

"Can I tell you something?" Henry asked.

"Sure," Rose answered.

"I don't think it was just the case that brought us to Storybrooke, Rose," Henry told her.

"What do you mean?" Regina asked.

"I think Mom wanted to get us out of New York for a while," Henry told them.

"What?" Grace asked. "Why would you think that?"

"Our mom's boyfriend," Henry answered. "His name is Walsh. He proposed to her."

Alcina nodded. "Oh."

"And two days later, she's taking me and Rose out of school for some job in Maine," Henry told them. "She wouldn't take a job in Queens if it meant we'd miss school."

"What do you think happened?" Lisa asked.

Henry sighed. "I don't know. But I doubt we'd be here if she'd said yes."

"And how do you feel about it?" Regina asked, looking at Rose and Henry. "Did you like him, this Walsh?"

"I liked how happy he'd made her," Rose answered. "But that was before all this went down. Before..."

Rose was behind Henry, so he didn't see when she flapped her arms like wings to indicate before they found out he was a flying monkey, to which Regina, Alcina, Grace and Lisa nodded to in understanding.

"I think one day, you'll have more family than you'll know what to do with," Grace told them.

"You think so?" Henry asked.

"I really do," Grace answered.

Lisa smiled. "Yeah. It's practically assured around town that everyone has more family than they know what to do with."

They smiled as they walked along.

Woods

Killian and Ella were passing by a holly berry bush. Killian used his hook to shake some berries off the bush.

Ella watched him in amusement. "You'll look for any excuse to use that thing, won't you?"

Killian smirked. "At least we know we're in the right place. What now?"

"Now we start searching," Ella answered.

"You know something, Ella?" Killian asked. "Whenever you're around, I inevitably find myself trekking through some manner of woods or forest, courting danger."

Ella smirked. "Here I thought you weren't afraid of anything, always looking for the next adventure."

"Oh, is that what this is?" Killian asked.

"Isn't it?" Ella asked. "What the hell were you doing the last year on that ship? I'm guessing it was one swashbuckling tale after another, till you decided to come back and save me, Henry and Rose."

Killian nodded unconvincingly. "Exactly."

Ella turned to face him. "You're lying."

"Excuse me?" Killian asked.

"What happened back there?" Ella asked. "What aren't you telling me?"

Killian sighed. "Nothing. It's my tale. I'm sticking to it."

"Still don't believe you," Ella told him.

"Well, let's leave it at that and you can just say thank you," Killian replied.

"For my memories and Rose's memories?" Ella asked. "I already did."

"Well, for saving you from a loveless marriage," Killian answered.

"You think that's what you were doing?" Ella asked.

"He was a flying monkey," Killian told her.

"I didn't know that," Ella replied.

"Were you considering it?" Killian asked. "His proposal?"

"Does it matter?" Ella asked.

"Humor me," Killian told her.

"Yes, okay?" Ella asked. "I was in love, so of course I was considering it. As usual, he wasn't who he said he was and I got my heart broken. Enough humor for you?"

Killian sighed, chuckling lightly. "Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm glad to hear that."

"You're glad to hear I had my heart broken?" Ella asked skeptically.

Killian nodded, stepping closer. "If it can be broken, it means it still words."

Ella and Killian looked at each other for a moment. Ella was still reeling from her last boyfriend, not ready to start anything new yet, walking away. Killian understood, following.

Zelena and Faye's Farmhouse

Freya, Jefferson, Emma and Saphira were still searching, finding the farmhouse.

"A farmhouse," Emma stated. "You have to appreciate the irony."

"Yeah," Freya agreed. "Saphira? Where'd Mathias go?"

"We decided to split up to look for Mama and Neal," Saphira answered. "I came to you guys. He wanted to be alone."

Jefferson turned to look at her reassuringly. "We'll find Tori, Saphira. I promise."

Saphira nodded, sighing.

Woods

Mathias examined a holly berry bush. Still, the hooded figure followed him. Feeling that he was being followed, Mathias looked around. Briefly, the hooded figure watched him. Mathias dialed a number on his phone.

Saphira: (voicemail) "You've reached Saphira Matthews. Leave a message and I'll call you back."

"Saphira, it's Mathias," Mathias told her. "I'm at the trail head. And I think I've found them, or one of them at least. The Wicked Witch or Fatale. I'm going after her."

Mathias hung up, sneaking closer carefully approaching the hooded figure.

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Night - Tower

The hooded figure climbed up the tower, approaching Tori and Rapunzel.

"I should never have called you," Rapunzel told her. "I'm the one she wants." She pulled Tori away from the window. "If you leave now, maybe she'll spare you."

Tori scoffed. "No, that's not the way this works. I'm getting you back to your family."

"Please, she'll kill you!" Rapunzel told her. "You can't save me. There's nothing you can do."

Tori was even more motivated from hearing that again. "No, I can save you and I will."

Tori leaned out of the window, lashing out with her sword, hitting nothing when she realized that the hooded figure was no longer below the window. Carefully, Tori looked up to see the hooded figure above her, who jumped down at Tori to attack, using magic to throw Tori inside, making her hit the wall and fall to the floor, entering, now facing Rapunzel. Tori pushed herself up.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Woods

Mathias was making his way through the woods, looking around, slashing his sword at at a tree where the hooded figure had used to be, but had disappeared. He turned around, seeing the hooded figure, but being drugged by night root in the alcohol Faye had put in, he was slowed down quite a bit, allowing it possible for the hooded figure to use magic to throw Mathias into a tree behind him and making him fall. Mathias looked up, sighing heavily as he tried to get his bearings.

ღღ

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Night - Tower

The hooded figure shackled Tori magically using a rope made of hair, approaching a terrified Rapunzel.

Tori started to sing, surprised that it didn't seem to be affecting the hooded figure. "Why the bloody hell isn't it working? Hey, get away from her!"

The hooded figure turned around to face Tori, pulling off her hood to reveal Rapunzel. "I am her."

Tori realized. "Rapunzel, it's not a witch, it's you. You said she appeared after you had the night root. You thought it didn't work, but it did. The root allows you to overcome your fears by facing them."

Rapunzel shook her head in fear. "I can't. Please help me."

"She's your fear," Tori told her. "Only you can defeat her. You have to face her, Rapunzel. You must."

Rapunzel shook her head. "No. I can't."

Tori freed herself, launching herself at the Night Root Rapunzel, tackling her out of the window, falling with her down the side of the tower, though both of them caught onto the hair rope before they could hit the ground. Night Root Rapunzel climbed back up.

Tori stayed where she was, looking up, raising her voice for Rapunzel to hear her from the window. "Listen to me, your fear was you could never be a leader like your parents, like your brother. Own it and you can do this."

"No, I can't," Rapunzel told her.

"Yes, you can," Tori told her. "Cut it away, let it go. If you do, you can finally have what you want. You can leave this tower."

"I don't want to leave," Rapunzel told her.

"I understand, believe me, I do, to be frightened of an uncertain future," Tori told her. "It may feel safe here, but if you don't face the future, Rapunzel, you will die, alone. Is that what you want?"

"No," Rapunzel answered.

"You know what you have to do, so do it," Tori told her.

Rapunzel finally cut the rope, letting the Night Root Rapunzel fall. "I did it."

Tori looked down below her. "Now it's time for me to face my own fear."

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Zelena and Faye's Farmhouse - Outside

Emma, Saphira, Freya and Jefferson approached the farmhouse, looking through the windows, seeing a teakettle standing on the table.

"There's definitely someone living here," Emma whispered. "Looks empty right now, though."

"Why are we whispering?" Saphira whispered.

"Because good hideouts always look empty," Emma answered in a whisper. "Trust me. Ella and I've spent a lot of time tracking down people who don't want to be found. I know about hiding out."

Freya whispered mockingly. "Emma, you realize you have a powerful sorceress, the Mad Hatter, and a Siren/Dragon witch on your side, right? We don't need to whisper."

Sneaking around the house, Jefferson noticed a bike standing there, seeing the storm cellar in the garden. "A storm cellar."

They approached the cellar, but the door was locked. Freya went to use magic to open it.

Emma stopped her. "Whoa, wait, wait. It's one thing walking around a deserted farmhouse. It's another descending into a one way cellar with no way out."

"Scared?" Saphira asked.

Ella and Killian approached them.

"There's a difference between fear and strategy," Killian told them. "We know they've got flying monstrosities. Who knows what's down there?"

"Hate to say it, but they could be right," Jefferson told them. "If these witches are as powerful as we think, we could use some more backup."

Freya nodded. "Okay. I'll call Ally. Have Ally, Regina and Lisa drop Henry, Rose and Grace at Granny's. I'd like to see those flying monstrosities trying to get past Grace and Rose's powers."

"And Granny's lunch special," Jefferson told them.

Freya chuckled in amusement. "Jefferson..."

"Cilla," Jefferson replied.

They smirked.

Saphira noticed her phone was buzzing, checking the voicemail.

Mathias: (voicemail) "Saphira, it's Mathias."

"Yeah, I know who this is, Papa," Saphira muttered.

Mathias: (voicemail) "I'm at the trail head. And I think I've found them, or one of them at least. The Wicked Witch or Fatale. I'm going after her."

Woods

Mathias used his fire and his sword to knock the hooded figure away. The figure seemed slowed down by the blows, but not entirely hurt by it yet. Mathias lifted the hooded figure up by his throat, strangling him. The hooded figure used Dragon/witch power to push Mathias off of him, pulling back his hood, revealing it was Mathias himself. Mathias looked at him in shock and confusion.

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Night - Tower - Outside

Tori climbed down the tower to the ground, taking the night root. After a moment or so, it took affect, and she was able to see the night root version of herself. "Come on out. I know what you are, me, and it's time to face you."

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Woods

Mathias looked at Night Root Mathias in shock. "What are you?"

Night Root Mathias smirked. "I'm you."

Night Root Mathias used magic to push Mathias to the ground, who picked up his sword, standing, holding his hand toward Night Root Mathias to send a burst of fire at him.

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Night - Tower - Outside

Tori was using her sword to fight against Night Root Tori, slashing into her repeatedly, making her back away. "You're my fear, and I can defeat you."

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Woods

Night Root Mathias appeared behind Mathias. "You can't defeat me. I smell your fear. It's like a stench. The stench of a lost, lonely pirate who strayed too far from the sea."

Mathias turned to slash toward Night Root Mathias repeatedly smoothly, slashing into him repeatedly. "I'm not scared of anything."

Night Root Mathias laughed. "If that were true, I wouldn't be here."

Night Root Mathias caught the sword, using magic to push Mathias down to his knees.

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Night - Tower - Outside

Night Root Tori started to sing to Tori, and the fear version of herself could control Tori, making her fall to her knees, laughing. "You can't win if you're afraid."

"The only thing I'm afraid of is losing Saphira and Mathias," Tori told her.

"Wrong," Night Root Tori told her. "What's the other thing?"

Tori pushed Night Root Tori out of her head, slashing toward her repeatedly, making her back away as she spun to kick her legs out from underneath her, making the fear version of herself fall to the ground, putting the sword to her throat to keep her down. "Maybe that Faye would be the one to destroy us. I only just now figured out about Faye but she's still made from me and Mathias, and now that I face that, I'm not afraid. I have people who make me stronger than that. Mathias and Saphira and Belle, Freya, Jefferson, Grace and Lisa. And I will be strong for them now. Zelena and Faye may come for them still for revenge against us, Regina and Alcina, but we will never give up the fight. And we will never let them break us. If we can't help Faye, then so be it, but it doesn't mean that I won't try."

Tori raised her sword from Night Root Tori's throat, using both hands to stab it down into the fear's chest with all her strength, defeating the fear, making it crumble to dust. She was breathing heavily, falling to her knees.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Woods

With a single, powerful stroke, Night Root Mathias cut Mathias's sword in half. "Don't you see? Your fear makes you weak."

Mathias scoffed. "No, I'm not afraid."

"Saying that doesn't make it so," Night Root Mathias told him.

"I will die to protect Saphira and to find Tori," Mathias told him angrily.

"That doesn't make you fearless," Night Root Mathias replied. "Even as the point is prove. Give in, it's easier."

Mathias saw Saphira flying through the sky in Dragon form, looking at his fear. "I am afraid. I am afraid of losing Tori and leaving Saphira motherless, that Tori could be dead for all we know and not realize it, but I won't let that stop me from getting the answers that we need for Tori. Not now. You're not going to beat me. I have people that need me. I will be strong for them. Saphira, Tori. I may not know where Tori is right now, but I know she would tell me to be strong and to fight, and I won't ever stop fighting until I find her."

Mathias used his broken sword combined with his Dragon power to drive it into his fear's chest and burn him alive, burning him into dust, breathing heavily, kneeling on the ground, noticing that the hilt of the broken sword lied beside him, but before he could pick it up, the hilt vanished in a cloud of green smoke.

Dragon!Saphira landed on the ground with Freya, Emma and Jefferson on her back. They climbed off before Saphira returned to human form in a swirl of fiery orange smoke. Regina, Alcina, Ella, Killian, Lisa, Rose and Grace ran closer.

"Mathias?" Lisa asked. "Are you okay?"

Saphira ran to check on her father. "Papa?"

Mathias nodded.

"Well, where are they?" Alcina asked.

"It wasn't them," Mathias told them

"Then who was it?" Killian asked, offering Mathias a hand. Mathias took it, letting him help him up. "You look whiter than a fresh sail."

"Myself," Mathias answered.

"Come again?" Rose asked.

"It's the witches," Freya told them. "They're toying with us."

"Did you guys find where they might be hiding?" Grace asked.

"A farmhouse," Emma answered. "We think it's theirs."

"Then let's end this," Alcina told them. "Let's send these witches back to Oz."

ღღ

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Night - Tower - Outside

Tori and Rapunzel were leaving the clearing.

Rapunzel's hair was now just below shoulder length since she had cut the hair rope to defeat her fear. She looked at Tori. "I was swimming in the river, where I shouldn't have been, where my parents had always warned us to avoid. I got caught in the rapids. My brother dove in after me. He saved me, but couldn't save himself."

Tori looked at her in sympathy. "I'm sorry."

"The throne was his," Rapunzel told her. "I didn't know if I could be queen, and if I didn't know, how could my parents believe in me?"

"That's who you are," Tori answered. "You can't hide from it forever, from them."

"You really think they'll forgive me?" Rapunzel asked.

Tori nodded. "You're their child. Of course they'll forgive you."

Dark Palace

Everyone was gathered in the main room of the palace. Saphira, Mathias, Belle, Freya, Lisa, Grace, Jefferson, Regina, Alcina, Snow, David, Emma, Derek and Robin watched as Tori returned Rapunzel to her parents.

"Mother?" Rapunzel asked. "Father?"

Crying, her parents embraced Rapunzel.

Mathias approached Tori. "Tori? Are you going to tell me why you were out in the woods all night?"

"I was there because I was afraid," Tori answered.

"Afraid?" Mathias repeated. "Because of Zelena and Faye?"

"More like losing you or Saphira to Faye," Tori answered. "I don't know if we can help her, Mathias, but we should at least try."

"If she wants to be helped," Mathias told her. Tori nodded. "I hope Faye does."

Saphira approached them. "So do I." Tori and Mathias looked at her in surprise. "Oh, don't look at me like that. I didn't like her at first sight, but Faye's only the way she is because Zelena raised her to want revenge and carnage. Technically, because of Zelena using you two without you knowing it, Faye is your daughter. And Faye's my sister. Why wouldn't we want to help her? Just as long as she doesn't do real damage that she can't walk away from, we should try to offer her help, at least. If Faye doesn't want it, then there's nothing we can do."

Tori was annoyed to hear that again for the fourth time, but knew they were right, sighing.

"Well, let's hope that we can," Mathias told them. "We're going to do this the way we do everything. Together."

Saphira and Tori smiled, nodding, embracing Mathias. Mathias chuckled, returning the embrace. Saphira walked away to drink. Tori and Mathias looked at each other, smiling, kissing passionately, remaining in an embrace.

Now

Storybrooke

Day - Woods

The group walked together toward the farmhouse.

Regina looked at Mathias. "Any particular reason they would send a demon who looks like you?"

Mathias shook his head. "No idea. It was just there wearing my face, harping on my deepest fears."

"It knew your deepest fears?" Regina asked.

"Yeah, things I never told anyone, even Saphira, about fearing how we lost Tori, fearing if she was dead or not," Mathias answered. "It wasn't until I'd admitted them that I was able to defeat it by stabbing it with the hilt of my sword."

"Where is it?" Alcina asked. "Your sword?"

"Well, that's the strange part," Mathias told them. "After I killed it, the hilt disappeared."

"What's that mean, then?" Rose asked.

"When we face our deepest fears, our true courage comes out," Lisa answered. "When Mathias used the hilt of his sword to vanquish his fears, his courage transferred into it."

"Why did it disappear?" Grace asked.

"It didn't disappear," Regina answered. "They took it."

"Hang on," Ella told them. "The Wicked Witch and Fatale stole Mathias's courage?"

"Well, a symbol of it, at least," Freya answered. "And symbols can be powerful totems."

Charming Loft

Zelena and Faye were here, speaking to Snow and David.

Faye had the sword hilt stored in her bag, looking inside. "Of course, I so loved getting to know you. Thank you again for meeting with us."

"You know, we heard so many stories about you," Zelena told them. "I--I just feel so lucky to have met you both."

"Oh, we're the lucky ones," Snow told them. "With this Curse, we had no time to prepare for the baby, and suddenly I feel like I can stop panicking."

David put an arm around Snow. "Of course, you can. There's no reason to be scared."

Faye smirked, shrugging. "Well, that's what we're here for."

Snow hugged Zelena and Faye.

Zelena and Faye's Farmhouse - Outside

The group approached the storm cellar, noticing that the lock was now broken.

"That lock," Jefferson told them. "It wasn't busted before."

Lisa looked at the adults. "Rose, Grace and I'll stay out here. In case something comes up."

"Being lookout?" Rose asked. "Grace and I are a lot more powerful than you guys want us to be."

"I know you wanna protect us," Grace told them. "But we can help."

Alcina gave them a look. "Just. please. stay. here."

Rose and Grace sighed, nodding. Lisa stayed with them. Saphira, Mathias, Freya, Alcina and Regina prepared their power to head into the cellar. Emma and Ella drew their guns. Killian readied his hook. Jefferson had a sword.

"Ready?" Emma asked.

They all nodded.

"So far, so good," Rose told them.

"Everyone stay alert," Emma told them. "Come on."

The adults went down while Rose, Grace and Lisa stayed up, while looking around cautiously.

Storm Cellar

The adults came down, seeing the two cages.

"There's definitely dark magic here," Regina told them. "Can you feel it?"

Freya, Alcina, Saphira and Mathias nodded.

"I don't know," Ella told them. "Maybe. Whatever I feel, it's not good."

They noticed the cages, which were empty and the locks were broken.

"What would the Wicked Witch and Fatale keep in cages?" Saphira asked. "Monkeys?"

Jefferson turned on the lights. "No. No monkeys."

Lisa, Grace and Rose came downstairs.

"We felt dark magic coming," Lisa explained. "I think they're coming back."

"What's going on?" Grace asked.

Saphira and Mathias walked toward Tori's former cage, knowing.

"Tori was here," Mathias told them.

"You're sure, Mathias?" Killian asked.

Saphira nodded. "Positive."

Alcina walked into Gold's cage, picking up straw gold from the ground, in shock, turning to look at Freya. "Cilla. How many people do we know who can spin straw into gold?"

Freya could only whisper. "Papa."

Everyone was in complete shock. Freya and Alcina looked at each other, not knowing what to say about their father being back.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

35.8K 1.9K 40
A girl (Emma Swan age 22) getting away from the life of living on the street with her loser boyfriend. A man (Killian Jones age 23) getting away from...
40.7K 608 26
All rights go to CW and Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, all except for the fan made characters. Heartofice97: Alexandra "Alex" Gilbert, Kacie L...
88.3K 1.6K 12
Summary: After the Battle of the Newborns, Bella reveals she's getting married to Edward. After the wedding, Alexia's life has been nothing but up. S...
15.7K 511 24
Freya Gold (Priscilla) played by Nina Dobrev Ella Swan played by Candice Accola/King Lisa (Vasilisa) played by Katherine McNamara Rose Mills played b...