Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a...

By heartofice97

Freya Gold (Priscilla) played by Nina Dobrev Ella Swan played by Candice Accola/King Lisa (Vasilisa) played b... More

characters
Items / Other Forms
chapter 1 - Heart, Body and Soul
chapter 2 - Lost Girl
chapter 3 - Quite a Common Fairy
chapter 4 - Nasty Habits
chapter 5 - Good Form
chapter 6 - Ariel
chapter 7 - Dark Hollow
chapter 8 - Think Lovely Thoughts
chapter 9 - Save Henry
chapter 10 - The New Neverland
chapter 11 - Going Home
chapter 13 - Witch Hunt
chapter 14 - The Tower
chapter 15 - Quiet Minds
chapter 16 - It's Not Easy Being Green
chapter 17 - The Jolly Roger
chapter 18 - Bleeding Through
chapter 19 - A Curious Thing
chapter 20 - Kansas
chapter 21 - Snow Drifts
chapter 22 - There's No Place Like Home

chapter 12 - New York City Serenade

543 20 23
By heartofice97

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Day - Woods

Philip rode through the woods.

Aurora was preparing a picnic. "You're late."

Philip dismounted the horse. "I came as quickly as I could."

"I'm hungry and I miss you," Aurora told him.

They embraced with a kiss.

Philip looked at Aurora's belly, gently stroking it. "You're always hungry now."

"And cranky," Aurora agreed. "I'm sorry. I know, there are royal responsibilities."

"None that match my responsibilities to you, our family," Philip assured. "I'm the one who should be sorry."

In the distance, thunder and rumbling could be heard. Purple clouds rose.

Aurora looked up at the sky. "What is that? Is it a storm?"

Their horses fled the scene in panic. Lightning hit the ground.

"That's not a storm," Philip answered. "It's magic. Come, we need to get you to safety, now." They turned to run. With one final rumbling, the purple clouds disappeared. "Are you all right?"

"Yeah, I think so," Aurora answered. "What was that?"

Philip sighed worriedly. "I don't know."

They turned around to see the people of Storybrooke, dressed as they had used to dress while in Enchanted Forest, arrive.

"Snow?" Aurora asked in surprise. "Freya? Emma? Mathias? What happened?"

Lisa looked around, and though she was in her normal Light Bringer clothes as Vasilisa, she still had her red hair from Storybrooke.

Freya sighed. "We're back."

ღ Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a Time) ღ

Now

Land Without Magic

New York City, New York

Day One

Night - Restaurant Ostria

Ella walked in, taking off her jacket.

Her boyfriend, Walsh, was waiting for her. "Hey."

"Sorry I'm late," Ella told him.

Walsh stood to embrace her. "I guess that means you caught the guy."

They kissed, embracing.

Ella smiled. "So optimistic. I like it."

"If you hadn't, you'd have cancelled," Walsh pointed out.

Ella nodded in acknowledgement. "You know me too well."

"Ella Swan always gets her man," Walsh told her.

They sat down. A waiter served a glass of wine.

"And apparently my drink," Ella told them. "Thank you."

"Thank you," Walsh agreed. The waiter walked away. Walsh looked at Ella. "How did Henry and Rose's volcano do at science fair?"

"It was Pompeii all over again," Ella told him. "Thank you for your help."

Ella and Walsh clinked their glasses.

"Come on, all I did was convince them not to use real lava," Walsh told her.

Ella chuckled. "Their teachers did appreciate that. Let's eat, I'm starving."

"Let's do it," Walsh agreed. Ella looked at the menu enlisting small plates. Some time passed, and now they were eating. "Are you happy? With your food, are you happy?"

Ella nodded. "We are happy."

Walsh stood. "I'll be right back."

"Okay," Ella told him. A waiter took the plate away. "Thanks." Ella's phone beeped. "Han on, I'll just finish one quick work thing." Killian arrived, sitting down opposite to Ella. "You."

Killian tried to keep her calm. "I can explain."

Ella gave him an angry look. "You are a stalker."

"Don't scream," Killian told her. "Just hear me out. I don't do this very often, so treasure it, love. I've come to apologize."

"For trying to kiss me?" Ella asked.

"I was simply trying to jog your memory," Killian explained.

"It's time for you to go, now," Ella told him.

"Your parents and your sister Emma are in great danger, Ella," Killian told her.

"You really have no idea what you're talking about," Ella told him.

"'Cause you think you're an orphan?" Killian asked. "Because that's haunted you and Emma your whole lives? I'm here to tell you everything you believed is wrong."

"You don't know me, and you didn't know Emma," Ella told him.

"Alas, I know you and Emma better than you," Killian replied. "I have proof. Take a gander." He handed Ella a small piece of paper. "Here's an address. If you wanna know who you really are, who your parents and who Emma really are, go there."

"Leave, now," Ella told him.

"You've been there before, a year ago," Killian told her. "You just don't remember."

Ella shook her head. "A year ago, I was in Boston. Till a fire destroyed my apartment and killed my sister Emma, and I moved to New York to have a fresh start with my kids."

Killian sighed. "Regina, Alcina, Lisa and Freya really did a number on you."

"You're a crazy person," Ella told him. "Or a liar. Or both."

"I prefer dashing rapscallion," Killian told her. Ella gave him an unamused look. "Scoundrel?"

Ella smirked sarcastically. "Give me one good reason not to punch you in the face."

Killian leaned a bit closer. "You really don't believe me? Try using your superpower. Yep, I know about it, that both you and Emma have it. Use it, see that I'm telling the truth."

"Just because you believe something is true does not make it real," Ella told him.

Killian shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. I know you, Ella. You sense something's off. Go to that address, take a chance, then you'll want to talk. When you do, I'll be in Central Park, by the entrance of the zoo. Don't do it for me, or you, do it for your family. They need your help."

Killian stood to leave. Ella was confused, conflicted, affected, but not knowing if she could trust him.

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Day - Woods

David, Snow, Emma, Regina, Alcina, Freya, Lisa, Jefferson and Grace were talking to Aurora and Philip. Tori, Saphira and Mathias approached them, looking around.

"How've things been since we left?" Mathias asked.

"The ogres?" Freya asked.

"Defeated," Aurora answered. "We're restoring the kingdom and our lives."

Tori nodded to Aurora. "And congratulations."

Aurora smiled. "Is it that obvious?"

"You are glowing," Tori told her.

"Why is she pregnant and I'm the one who's sick?" Saphira asked.

"We have much to celebrate, and now that you and your friends are welcome in our kingdom," Philip told them. "If you need anything, we're at your service."

David nodded. "Thank you."

"Saphira and Mathias can fly a few people in their Dragon forms," Lisa explained. "But the rest of us need horses."

"David and Snow have their own kingdom," Grace told them. "Their own castle."

Snow rested a hand on David's shoulder. "Our castle was destroyed in the Curse."

Jefferson looked at Regina sarcastically. "Well played, your majesty. You laid waste to everything."

"Not everything," Aurora told them. "Her castle still stands."

"Of course it does," Alcina told them. "Regina protected it."

"Well, technically, the castle doesn't belong to her," David told them. "It was Snow's before she and Alcina took it."

"Well, to be fair, Regina married into it," Alcina replied. "It also became mine because she's my sister."

"That it did," Snow agreed. "And now, we're taking it back."

Freya approached Regina and Alcina. "And Regina? Ally? Alcina, you are coming with us."

"Freya, you can't be serious," Regina told her.

"Everyone out there is scared and confused," Lisa pointed out. "They need hope. What better way to do that then to return united?"

Freya sighed. "Regina. Alcina. You're coming with us. Okay, Ally?"

Alcina sighed, nodding. "Okay, Cilla."

"We know you don't like it," Saphira told them. "You'll learn to."

"For our good," Tori agreed. "For yours."

"Well, Aunt Ally will like being with family," Grace told them. "And Regina is family."

"Yes, she is, Grace," Jefferson agreed. "So she shouldn't have a problem with coming with us for Alcina's shake. Should she?"

"Please, Gina," Alcina told her.

Regina sighed, giving in, nodding.

Mathias looked at Aurora and Philip. "Thank you again for your hospitality. We should begin preparations."

"Good luck to all of you," Philip told them.

The group walked away.

Aurora turned to Philip worriedly. "You know we can't pretend this didn't happen. They've returned. We have to tell them."

"Aurora, we can't," Philip told them. "You know what will happen to them, what they'll do to them."

"We both know if they ever found out we hid this, they would take it out on our child," Aurora told him. "We have no choice. They have to know. We have to trust that those people can take care of themselves. It's not up to us to save them."

Now

New York City, New York

Night - Restaurant Ostria

Walsh returned to the table, sitting down, noticing Ella was reading Killian's note. "Hey, what's that?"

Ella pocketed the paper. "Nothing."

A waiter served Ella a dessert, walking away.

"Hope you're still hungry," Walsh told her.

"Oh, Walsh, I couldn't eat another bite," Ella told him.

"You remember our first date?" Walsh asked. "You were being you, so I couldn't swing a dinner. I brought you here for lunch, which didn't stop you from ordering an ice cream sundae, which wasn't on the menu. I bribed the chef. They made one up."

Ella smiled, nodding. "I remember. I was nervous. Now I'm full."

"Will you at least look at it?" Walsh asked, turning the sundae around so that Ella could see an engagement ring placed on the plate, stunning her into silence. "Ella, I don't want to freak you out, but I couldn't wait any longer. I love you. I love Rose and Henry. I love our lives together and I wanna have a future together." He stood, kneeling down to take Ella's hand. "Ella Swan, will you marry me?"

Ella didn't answer, looking down.

ღღ

Outside

Ella left the restaurant.

Walsh caught up with her. "I thought the worst thing that could happen was you'd say no, but I never thought you'd walk out on the bill."

"Walsh--" Ella started.

"No, no, no," Walsh told her. "I was gonna pay. It was--I'm kidding."

Ella sighed. "I'm sorry. This wasn't... you just took me by surprise, that's all. A lot of things took me by surprise tonight."

"Look, surprise was kind of part of the plan, but I can see now it was not a great plan, so..." Walsh trailed off.

"Doesn't it all just seem a little fast to you?" Ella asked. "I mean, we've only been together eight months. I've had leftovers in my fridge for longer than that."

"I know, I threw them out," Walsh told her. "Might have saved your life."

Ella paused, sighing. "How do you--we know that this is right?"

"Ella, speaking for myself, I've known this was right since the moment you walked into my furniture shop," Walsh told her. "Why do you think your order was ready two weeks early?"

Ella shrugged sarcastically. "Your commitment to excellence?"

Walsh chuckled. "I couldn't wait to ask you out. I seemed the most non stalkery way to speed things up."

Ella considered this. "I do love that end table."

"That's a start," Walsh told her.

"I do love you," Ella told him. "You know that, right?"

Walsh nodded. "Yeah, I do, and I love you."

"I'm not good at fast," Ella admitted.

"I know," Walsh told her. "I knew who I was proposing to. I knew you would say this is too fast and that's why we don't have to get married anytime soon. We can wait a year, or more. Look, I don't care if we don't get married until we're 65 years old and Henry and Rose already have kids, okay? All I know is that I wanna spend the rest of my life with you."

"Can I have some time to think?" Ella asked.

Walsh nodded. "Take as much time as you need. I will be here when you're ready."

Apartment

Ella walked in, looking into the living room where Henry and Rose were playing video games. "Mrs. Cuse said you were quiet tonight."

"Not quiet," Henry told her. "Concentrating. We've finally reached level 23."

"Do you mind if a fifth level wizard joins you?" Ella asked.

"At level 23?" Henry asked. "Good luck with that."

Ella joined the game.

"So what did you say?" Rose asked. "To Walsh."

"You knew?" Ella asked. "How?"

"Come on, Mom," Rose told her. "First date restaurant. A special night out. Writing was on the wall."

"Technically, the writing was on the dessert," Ella corrected.

"So what did you say?" Rose asked. Ella remained silent. "Poor guy."

"I didn't say no," Ella told them.

"If you didn't say yes, I stand by my 'poor guy' assessment," Rose replied.

Ella sighed. "I just need some time to think about it. I mean, it's like a big step, kids. We've got a good thing going here, just the three of us."

"Yeah, and we'd still have a good thing if it was just the four of us," Henry told her.

"You think Walsh is worthy of joining our little family?" Ella asked.

Henry shrugged. "He's okay." They paused the game so Henry and Rose could turn to face Ella. "Mom, not every guy is like our dad. Not every guy is just gonna leave you."

"He didn't just leave," Ella told them. "He set me and Emma up to take the fall for his crime and let us in jail. He doesn't even know you two exist. He doesn't deserve to."

"This guy is not that guy," Henry told her. "He wants to be with you, us. He wants us to be his home, and anyways, we know you like him."

"How?" Ella asked.

"'Cause he's the first guy you've dated we've ever met," Rose answered, resuming the game.

Ella smiled slightly. "When did you two get so wise?"

Rose shrugged. "Somewhere after level 16 when we became knights."

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Day - Woods

Travel preparations were under way.

"Grumpy, look at us," Sneezy told him. "We're back to normal."

Happy smiled. "We're handsome again."

Jiminy Cricket landed on Lisa's shoulder.

"Hey, Jiminy, is that you?" Lisa asked. Jiminy chirped affirmative. "Where you've been? Really? No kidding. Okay. Okay." Lisa looked at the others. "Hey, guys, according to Jiminy, 50 more Storybrooke folk landed not two miles from here. They're popping back all over the place."

"That's great," David told them. "At this rate? We'll have the whole kingdom back in no time. Grumpy, you and the dwarfs? Spread the word. All new arrivals make haste for the Queen's castle."

"Consider it done," Grumpy told them, leading the dwarfs away.

Saphira, Tori and Mathias joined Killian.

"Hook?" Saphira asked. "That's a lot of supplies you have there, Hook."

"Well, you know what they say about preparation and all that," Killian told them.

"There's no need to overload your horse," Tori told him. "The Queen's castle is less than a day's ride from here."

"We'll have everything we need once we get there," Saphira told him.

Killian nodded. "Aye, that would be lovely if I were going to the Queen's castle."

"You aren't coming with us," Mathias told him. "I knew it."

"And you're a perceptive Dragon pirate warlock, Mathias," Killian replied.

"Where are you going?" Mathias asked.

Killian sighed. "Tori. Saphira. Mathias. Listen, mates, the Enchanted Forest is their home. Yours used to be Neverland. Mine is the Jolly Roger."

"Hook..." Saphira trailed off. "You don't even know it's--"

"Regina, Alcina, Freya, Jefferson, Grace and Lisa told me how that bloody thing worked," Killian explained. "It returned all of our belongings to this land as well as us. It means that somewhere out there is my ship. All I have to do is find her."

"And what if you can't?" Tori asked. "Huh?"

Killian shrugged. "I'll just have to take another one, won't I? That's what pirates do, if you three remember correctly."

Killian finished his preparations.

Mathias scoffed. "Well, we changed. And here I thought you had gone and changed, too."

Killian mounted his horse. "I tried the hero thing. Didn't take."

"So that's it?" Tori asked. "Ella's gone. You're gonna go back to being a pirate?"

"Back, Tori?" Killian repeated. "I've always been a pirate, just as the three of you, even if you have changed, will always be deep down."

"We've never been ruthless," Tori pointed out. "Like you used to be. But the instincts of fighting and theft? I'll admit are still there."

Mathias sighed. "Which is his point, Tori. Fine. Take care of yourself out there, Hook."

Killian smirked. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you three have forgiven me and we're all friends again."

Saphira smirked sarcastically. "Get out of here. Before I burn you."

Tori, Mathias and Killian smiled, chuckling.

"See you, Hook," Tori told him. "Be careful."

"May we meet again, Matthews," Killian told them, riding off.

Mathias sighed. "I really hate to forgive him. Really, really hate it."

Tori and Saphira smiled in agreement.

Nearby, Grace noticed that Lisa was distracted. "Lisa? You okay?"

"I miss Henry and Rose," Lisa answered. "Rose's my best friend, and Henry..."

"You like him," Grace finished. Lisa didn't answer, looking away, a little annoyed. Grace chuckled. "It's okay."

"No, it isn't, Grace," Lisa told her. "They don't even remember who I am."

"Well, they're my cousins, and I got really close to them in Neverland, so I know how you feel," Grace told her. "Let's do something to take your mind off of it. Name something that'll help you."

Lisa was thinking. "You've heard of the legends of the Dark Being, right? Legends that say he could either be someone I have to fight, or someone that will help me fight something else, be my friend."

Grace nodded. "Yeah, I've heard of it from Grandpa, Mama and Papa. They used to research the Dark Being and the Light Bringer, which is you."

"I wanna figure out who he is and what he's supposed to be," Lisa told her.

Grace nodded. "Figure out if he's to be friend or foe." Lisa nodded. "Okay. I'll help you."

Lisa smiled slightly. "Thank you, Grace."

Grace and Lisa embraced.

Neal approached the Hatters and Alcina. "Hey, what Hook said just now about all of our stuff being brought back here, is that true?"

"Should be," Grace answered. "Why? What are you looking for? Uncle Bae?"

"I was thinking maybe we can stop by Papa's place on the way to the Queen's castle," Neal answered.

Jefferson sighed sadly. "Cilla... Alcina... Neal... Grace... I know you're hurt. But Rumple is gone."

Neal shrugged. "Maybe, Jefferson, maybe not, and if he's not, maybe he can get me back to Ella, Henry and Rose."

"Bae?" Freya asked. "It's impossible."

Jefferson shook his head. "Rumple, Freya, Alcina, Regina and Lisa were clear. The price of our return was a complete reset. No more portals. This is our realm for good. There's no way to cross over. Not without another Curse."

"We have to move on," Grace told them. "This is our home now. Now... I know you miss them. So do we."

Alcina sighed. "Jefferson's right. Even if there were some way to get to them? They wouldn't remember us. The best thing we can do for Ella, Henry and Rose is the only thing we can do. Let them be. Know we gave them their best chance."

Lisa looked down sadly. "Yeah."

"Look," Freya told them. "We can try all we can to get back there. I just don't want you getting your hopes up. Any of you."

"Hope breeds eternal misery," Alcina agreed. "I think we can all agree on that. Besides Lisa, I mean."

Grace gave her an amused look. "Aunt Ally."

Alcina chuckled, rubbing Grace's shoulder. "Grace."

Grace sighed sadly. "I miss them too."

"We all do, Grace," Freya agreed. "I wish we could see them again."

Now

New York City, New York

Day Two

Morning - Ella's Apartment

Henry and Rose were getting ready for school while Ella was cleaning the kitchen.

"Mom, do you have them?" Rose asked. "Our permission slips? They're due today, and if we don't hand them in, we'll miss the museum trip next week."

Ella looked at the counter. "Yeah, your permission slips are right here."

Ella took a look at Killian's note.

"Mom, is there something going on?" Henry asked.

Ella looked up, shaking her head. "No, nothing."

"No, you're doing it again," Henry told her. "You're worrying."

"No, I'm not," Ella told them. "I'm thinking. There's a difference."

"Are you thinking about Walsh?" Henry asked.

Ella hesitated. "No, I... yeah, I am. Can you blame me for taking 24 hours to think through making a life-altering decision? Just want to make sure that nothing is wrong."

"You're always looking for something to be wrong," Rose told her. "You don't have to do that, you know. Sometimes it's okay to accept things are good."

"We gotta go," Henry told her. "We're gonna be late. See you."

Henry and Rose waved. "Love you."

Ella smiled. "Love you, too."

Henry and Rose walked out. Ella read Killian's note, which read: '89 Wooster Street. New York, NY 10012."

Neal's Apartment

Ella broke into the apartment, looking around, noticing a dream catcher hanging in the window. "Flypaper for nightmares. Neal." She walked around, picking up some letters, noticing their addressed to Neal Cassidy, walking around a bit further, picking up a camera that had Henry's name tag on it, and picking up a key chain, which had Rose's name embroidered on it. "That's not possible."

ღღ

Central Park

Killian was relieved to see Ella arrive. "Ella, I knew that'd work. It's good to see you again."

"Why didn't you tell me it was Neal's place?" Ella asked angrily.

"I think the tone of your voice answers that quite clearly," Killian answered. "You'd never would have gone if I had."

"What does Neal have you up to?" Ella asked. "Is he trying to get into Rose and Henry's lives? How does he even know about them?"

"I've already told you, I'm not here because of Neal," Killian told her. "I'm here because your parents and Emma are in trouble. Their entire kingdom has been cursed, ripped back to Storybrooke."

"What are you talking about?" Ella asked. "Emma is dead. I don't know my parents. Their kingdom? A Curse? Do you know what you sound like?"

"Like a mad man, I'm sure," Killian answered. "But it's true. Your family needs you, and Rose. You're the only ones who can save them."

Ella was only more angry when he brought her daughter into this. "You leave Rose out of this. You stay the hell away from Rose and Henry."

"If you don't believe me at all, why did you come here?" Killian asked.

Ella scoffed. "Because Neal has some keepsakes with my kids' names on them." She snowed Killian the camera and the key chain with their names. "How?"

"Don't you see?" Killian asked. "That is proof of what I'm saying. Rose and Henry must have left those in the apartment when you were in New York last year."

"Not good enough," Ella told him. "I want answers, real ones."

Killian handed Ella a memory potion. "There's only one way you'll get those. Drink this."

"Drink the thing the crazy guy just offered me?" Ella asked sarcastically. "No, thank you."

Killian chuckled. "It'll help you remember everything you have lost. If one small part of you senses that, don't you owe it to yourself to find out, if I'm right? What do you say, love? Take a leap of faith. Give it a go."

Ella cuffed his hand. "Call me love one more time and you'll lose the other hand."

"Ella, what are you doing?" Killian asked.

Ella backed away. "Making sure that you never bother my kids and me again." She whistled. Two cops approached. "This is the guy, the one who assaulted me."

"It was a kiss," Killian corrected.

Ella pointed at him. "There, he confessed."

A cop started to take Killian away. "Your under arrest for assault and criminal harassment, sir. You have the right to remain silent."

Ella turned to leave.

Killian called out worriedly. "Ella, please. You're making a mistake. A terrible, terrible mistake. Swan, your family needs you!"

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Day - Woods

The groups continued on their way to the Dark Palace. The Matthews, Belle, Hatters, Neal and Alcina were walking together.

Grace looked at Neal. "You'll see them again. Ella, Henry and Rose."

Neal sighed. "Well, let's hope I don't have to Curse an entire kingdom to get back to them."

"I heard you guys talking earlier," Belle told them. "About Rumple. You know, we never saw his knife. I think we can get him back."

They exchanged a look.

Emma, Snow and David were leading the others.

"Regina and Alcina's castle is just beyond the mountains," Snow told them.

"I think you mean our castle," David corrected.

Snow chuckled. "That's going to take some getting used to. The last time I was there was just after my father's death. And I've always dreamed of returning. I just never imagined it would be with Regina and Alcina by our side."

Tori approached them. "I wouldn't count on that, Snow. The Queen? She's missing."

Elsewhere

Regina was burying something.

Emma approached her. "What are you doing?"

Regina sighed. "So now you're following me?"

"We were worried, and it looks like we were right to be," Emma replied. "What are you burying?"

"Nothing that concerns you," Regina told her.

"Why does that make me think it does?" Emma asked. "What have you done?" Digging, Regina shifted her weight. Emma was able to glimpse something glowing red lying in the ground. "Is that a heart?"

"Go away," Regina told her.

"It's your heart, isn't it?" Emma asked.

Regina scoffed. "I'm not having this conversation with you, Emma."

Emma sighed. "I know you miss Henry and Rose."

Regina stood. "Not as much as I did when that was still beating in my chest."

"I miss Ella too, because she was all I had all my life, and I wish that I could stop the pain," Emma told her. "But Regina, this isn't the answer. No matter how much pain you may feel, you can't just bury it in he woods."

Regina knelt down to continue her work. "Watch me."

"You won't feel better, because you won't feel anything," Emma told her.

Regina stood. "That's the point, Emma. I can't keep walking around knowing that I'll never see Henry and Rose, that they don't even remember who I am."

"I know exactly how you're feeling, because I just said goodbye to Ella, who doesn't know that I'm alive, who thinks I'm dead so she wouldn't wonder where I am," Emma told her. "Same thing with Henry and Rose, but I promise you it will get better, with that." She pointed at Regina's heart. "Right now, it might be causing you pain, but I promise you, it will let you feel something else soon enough."

"What's that?" Regina asked.

"The one thing Alcina, Henry and Rose always wanted you to find, happiness," Emma answered.

Regina sighed, heartbroken. "I went through this when Ally was locked away repeatedly, so I know I can't be happy without Henry and Rose."

"Find a way, for Alcina, Rose and Henry, because I have to find a way for Ella," Emma told her.

Regina considered this, giving in, picking up her heart, restoring it. "Now let's get back to our castle."

Regina walked past Emma toward the castle. Emma smirked slightly, following. Both were unaware to a peering red eye in the undergrowth behind them. As the creature flew off, a rustling could be heard.

"Did you hear that?" Snow asked. "There was something there. In that bush."

David checked the bush. "There's nothing here. Unless it flew away."

Snow looked up to the sky. "It did."

A flying monkey attacked them.

ღღ

Snow looked at everyone worriedly. "We need to find cover! Come on!"

"No," Regina told them. "I don't run from monsters. They run from me."

Saphira, Mathias, Regina, Alcina, Freya, Grace and Lisa used their magic against the flying monkeys that were coming to attack. One of the flying monkeys snatched Grace from the ground, holding her in the air.

Alcina, Jefferson, Freya and Lisa called worriedly. "Grace! Grace!"

Grace used her chaotic power as the Illusionist to tear herself free from the monkey, causing a small earthquake with her power accidentally as she burned the monkey out of existence, starting to fall toward the ground.

Mathias used his wings to fly up and catch Grace before she landed on the ground and got hurt or worse, carrying her back down, placing her down. "It's okay. You okay?"

Grace nodded shakily. "I am. Thank you."

"They're too fast," Mathias told them.

The flying monkeys were going around, slitting Regina, Alcina, Tori, Saphira and Mathias with their claws, causing them to bleed and groan in pain, but they held them off with magic or psychic Siren power in Tori's case with relative ease.

"Well, I'm open to suggestions," David told them.

As Alcina was fighting the monkeys off with magic, a monkey clawed her in the arm, making her fall and groan in pain.

Regina and Freya were both worried. "Ally?"

Saphira looked at her arm, seeing a slash wound from one of the monkeys that had attacked her, scoffing. "You know what? No. I'm going Dragon on these bitches."

Mathias nodded. "Let's do it, Saphira."

As Mathias and Saphira went go Dragon form, they did so in a whirl of fiery orange smoke, and they heard Derek's voice. "Get down! Now!"

Everyone else ducked. Derek and Robin shot the flying monkeys with arrow after arrow. Mathias and Saphira, in Dragon form, hurled fire at all of the flying monkeys, making them burn alive and shriek in pain, as they flew to escape. In a swirl of fiery orange smoke, Mathias and Saphira returned human.

Robin approached Alcina to help her up. "Milady. You're injured."

"I'm fine," Alcina told him.

"A simple thank you would suffice," Derek told them.

"We didn't ask for your help," Saphira replied. "But thank you."

Snow nodded in agreement. "Yes. We're grateful for the assistance."

Derek shook some of their hands. "I'm Derek. This is my older brother Robin."

"Robin and Derek of Locksley," Robin agreed, turning to their companions. "And these are a few of our merry men."

Snow chuckled. "Snow White."

"At last we meet," Derek told her. "You know, there was a time when our faces graced wanted posters side by side."

Little John nodded to Alcina and Regina. "If you're really Snow White, why are you with them?"

"Them?" Alcina repeated. "Show some respect. Or at least some restraint at the buffet."

Robin chuckled. "You'll have to excuse Little John, but before your sister cursed this land, we spent many a day running from your black knights."

"Well, I'm sure you deserved it," Regina replied.

"You know of Snow, Regina and Alcina," David told them. "I'm David. That's our daughter Emma. And our friends Freya, Lisa, Grace, Jefferson. Saphira, Tori and Mathias."

"You would know Lisa as Vasilisa," Jefferson explained. "And you would know and Freya as Priscilla."

Derek was stunned. "Vasilisa and Priscilla?" They nodded. "Everyone's heard about the two of you. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Glad to know you've heard of us," Freya told them sarcastically.

Robin frowned in confusion. "I thought Vasilisa, the Light Bringer, was known for her white hair. Why does she have red?"

"I had it ever since the Curse," Lisa explained. "I'm not sure why it changed."

"Well, it wasn't always red during the Curse," Grace reminded her. "Remember, when it was first cast, you had white hair, too."

Lisa nodded in agreement.

"So, yeah, none of us know why," Mathias told them.

"Let's get back to something more relevant right now," Tori told them, looking up to the sky. "Like what the hell were those things?"

"We have no idea," Robin told them. "We've never encountered the likes of them before."

"Come on," Snow told them. "This way. We need to warn the others."

Now

New York City, New York

Day - Street

Ella, Henry and Rose were walking home.

"You wanna talk to us about Walsh, don't you?" Henry asked.

"Why would you say that?" Ella asked.

Rose showed her a candy bar. "You bought us candy at the drug store."

Ella chuckled. "Okay, maybe you're right. I have been thinking about him. Maybe what happened in my past with your birth father and what happened to Emma has kept me from living my life now. Maybe it's time for me to start looking forward. We start looking forward."

"So does this mean you're gonna marry him?" Henry asked. "So, that's yes. How are you gonna tell him?"

"Wait, wait," Ella told them. "First, I didn't say that I--"

"You could tell him at dinner tonight," Rose told her.

"We're not having dinner," Ella told them.

Rose smirked, shrugging. "I might have sent him a text from your phone this morning. He's coming over at 8, and I arranged to sleep over at Lindsey's, while bro here is gonna be sleeping at Avery's, so the two of you could be alone."

Ella gave her an amused look, sighing.

Henry chuckled. "It's okay, Mom. If your gut's telling you to marry him, trust it."

Ella was still conflicted. "Crap, I forgot to pick something up here. Take this." She handed them two bags. "Go, see if you can beat level 24. I'll meet you up there. See you."

"See you," Henry told her.

Henry and Rose walked inside. Ella took a closer look at some photos.

Police Station - Outside

Killian walked outside.

Ella was waiting for him. "Hey, we need to talk."

Killian chuckled in relief. "I knew you wouldn't let me rot in that cage. I've been in my fair share of brigs, but none as barbaric as that. They force-fed me something called bologna."

Ella showed him the photos. "What the hell are these? We never lived in a town called Storybrooke. We never took a flight from Boston to New York. We never did any of this."

"So you believe me, then?" Killian asked.

Ella sighed, worried. "I don't know. You could have photoshopped these pictures?"

Killian frowned in confusion. "Photoshopped?"

"Faked," Ella explained.

"If you think these are forgeries, then why'd you spring me from the brig?" Killian asked. "Because as much as you deny it, deep down, you know something's wrong. Deep down, you know I'm right."

Rose ran up to them. "Mom. What's going on?"

Ella gave her a look. "Rose, what are you doing here? Where's Henry? Henry's not here, is he?"

"No, but I knew something was going on with you, and I followed you," Rose answered. "I couldn't help the feeling that something was wrong."

Killian gave Ella a significant look. "See, even Rose knows something's up."

"I heard what you were talking about," Rose told them. "It's not possible. How can we forget all of this?"

"I promise you there's an explanation," Killian told them.

Rose shook her head. "Not one that'll make sense."

Killian offered them two memory potions. "If you drink this, it will."

"If--if what you're saying is true, we'd have to give up our lives here," Rose told him.

"It's all based on lies," Killian told them.

"It's real and it's pretty good," Ella told him. "I have Henry and Rose, a job, a guy I love."

"Perhaps there's a man that you love in the life you've lost," Killian replied. "And Emma is alive, Ella, I swear to you, and you have parents, and Henry and Rose have an adoptive mother Regina, two aunts, Freya and Alcina, a cousin Grace and uncle Jefferson who love them, and Henry even had a crush on a girl they care for, Lisa. Not to mention your parents Snow and David, and lifelong friends of mine, who are close friends to all of you, Tori, Saphira and Mathias. Your life back there was pretty good. Regardless, if you two wanna find the truth, drink up. Do you really want to live a life of lies, or do you want to live your real life where you have a town full of people who love you and the boy? You know this isn't right. Ella, Rose, trust your gut. It will tell you want to do."

Ella chuckled. "Rose and Henry always say that. Emma used to."

"Then if you won't listen to me, then listen to your family," Killian told her.

With hope that Emma really was alive and that they had more family than they remembered, Ella and Rose took the potions, drinking it. They remembered Henry, Rose and Lisa coming to get Ella and Emma in 1.01, their arrival in Storybrooke, meeting Freya, Jefferson, Grace and Gold, Regina, Alcina, Snow, David, Saphira, Tori and Mathias, Killian. They remembered breaking the Dark Curse in 1.22 by Ella kissing Henry and Rose on the heads, the encounter with the Wraith and Ella falling through the hat portal with Emma, Freya and Snow in 2.01 and jumping through the Lake Nostos portal with Freya, Emma, Snow and Mathias in 2.09. Rose also remembered learning how she got magic while controlling the fire in Netherworld while under the sleeping curse, remembering being kidnapped along with Henry and Grace by Greg and Tamara so they could be taken to Neverland so Peter could take Henry's heart, try to take Rose's soul/shadow, and actually possessing Grace. They both remembered Regina and Lisa erasing Storybrooke and everyone disappearing in 3.10.

Opening her eyes, Ella looked at Killian, completely stunned. "Hook."

Killian smiled. "Did you miss me?"

Ella and Rose were completely stunned, overwhelmed.

ღღ

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Day - Woods

The groups were still on their way to the Dark Palace.

"Derek, Robin, good to see you again," Neal told them.

Robin shook his hand. "You too, Baelfire."

"And what of you?" Derek asked. "What of your journey? Were you able to find your children and niece in Neverland?"

"Yes, thank you," Neal answered, gesturing to his family. "This is the niece I was trying to save, Grace. Sisters Cilla and Ally. Brother-in-law Jefferson. And the girl they took in, Lisa. Pretty sure you know all about Vasilisa."

"Indeed we do," Robin answered.

Lisa and Grace waved. "Hi."

Derek chuckled. "Hello."

Robin looked at Neal. "I don't mean to pry, but I don't see your children."

Neal sighed. "It's complicated."

"But they're safe," Freya assured. "They're with their mother."

Emma and Regina were walking together further ahead.

Regina glanced at Derek and Robin. "So what do you think of our new friends? Can we trust them? They're thieves."

"Think of it from their perspective," Emma told her. "How do you think they look at you?"

Regina nodded in acknowledgement. "Point taken."

Tori noticed that Saphira was glancing at Derek. "You think he's cute. Don't you, Saphira?"

Saphira scoffed, looking away. "He smells like forest. Pretty sure a pirate and thief would clash anyway."

Tori chuckled. "You know, I was a Siren thief when I met Mathias. When your father was a complete pirate back then, when I helped him find out he was a Dragon." She smiled, tilting her head. "But with an honorable code."

"Your point is?" Saphira asked. Tori shrugged. "Nothing? That's what I thought."

Everyone arrived outside of the Dark Palace.

"Look!" David told them.

"What happened?" Snow asked.

"That's exactly what we're about to find out," Alcina told them, walking up to the crossroads, touching the air. Crackling, a protection spell materialized. "A protection spell."

"The entire castle is encircled by it," Lisa told them.

"Didn't you do this?" Robin asked. "Undo it."

"Well, don't you think if we could, we'd be half way there by now?" Mathias asked. "No. Someone hijacked it."

"Who?" Tori asked. "Who's in there?"

"I don't know," Saphira told them. "But we're gonna find out whoever's eating porridge from the Queen and Sorceress."

Regina was very annoyed. "Nobody sits in my chair. Nobody takes our castle."

"Hey," Grace told her. "It's okay."

"We've got a lot of people looking to us," David pointed out. "They're scared. Rightfully so."

"Let's get them to safety first," Jefferson told them.

"They'll be safe when whoever is in there is gone," Alcina told them.

"Rushing in there is a bad plan, Alcina," Freya told her. "You know that."

"We can offer save harbor in Sherwood Forest," Derek offered. "We can offer food, shelter, and a hick canopy no creature will spy you under."

"Do you have weapons?" Snow asked.

"We're lousy with them," Robin answered.

Jefferson nodded to Derek and Robin. "Fine. Lead the way."

"But we're coming back," Lisa told them.

"And whoever did this is going to suffer," Regina told them.

Alcina gave her a look. "Regina, it's our home. We'll make it safe again."

Now

New York City, New York

Night - Ella's Apartment

Ella and Rose were sitting at the table.

Killian was explaining. "Freya, Lisa, Grace, Jefferson, Alcina and Neal were working with Belle, Tori, Saphira and Mathias about finding a way to bring back the Dark One and try to find their way back to this land to help you three. David, Snow, Emma and the Queen settled their differences. Frankly, I was bored. I had a life to get back to. A pirate's life that Tori, Saphira and Mathias said no to returning to."

"Glad to see you haven't changed," Ella told him.

Killian shrugged. "There wasn't anything for me in the Enchanted Forest. Why would I stay?" Ella and Killian clinked their glasses, drinking. "All was well until I got a message. A message saying that there was a new Curse and that everyone had been returned to Storybrooke. The message told me that the two of you and Henry were in danger."

"You came all the way back here to save our family?" Rose asked. "Who could have done this?"

Killian shrugged. "Someone powerful enough to reach into this world."

"Any more specific thoughts?" Rose asked sarcastically.

"Alas, your mother's the Savior, Rose, and you're the Enchantress, not me," Killian told her.

"When I drank that potion, it was like waking up from a dream," Rose admitted. "A really good dream."

"Well, you have what matters most, your brother," Killian told her.

"Now, we have to figure out how to explain this to him," Rose told them.

Killian nodded. "Alas, I could only scavenge together enough for two doses of memory potion."

Rose looked at Ella. "Better start figuring out what we're gonna tell him."

Ella nodded in agreement. The doorbell rang.

"Who's that?" Killian asked.

Rose remembered. "Walsh. I invited him."

Killian intended to stand. "I could get rid of him."

Ella stopped him. "No. My memories might not be real, but he is, and so are the eight months we spent together." She sighed, standing. "I owe him an explanation."

"What are you gonna say to him?" Rose asked.

Ella shrugged. "I don't know, but I care about him too much to drag him into all this. I gotta let him go. Wait here."

Rooftop Terrace

Ella walked out to join Walsh on the roof. "Sorry, my place is just kind of a mess right now."

"Ella, it's okay to make a bold, romantic gesture without passing it off as a housekeeping malfunction," Walsh told her.

"Walsh, I can't marry you," Ella told him.

"It's too soon, huh?" Walsh asked.

"It's not that," Ella told him. "I need to go home and take care of some things."

"Home?" Walsh repeated. "You said you were an orphan. You said it was just you, Henry and Rose, that this was your home."

"That wasn't a lie," Ella told him. "There's a part of my life that I've been blocking out, and I think it would be impossible for you to understand."

"Come on," Walsh told her. "How do you know that? What changed overnight?"

"Someone from my past showed up," Ella answered.

"Rose and Henry's father?" Walsh asked. "Another ex?"

"It's nothing like that," Ella answered. "He--he's more like a ghost."

"Okay, so that's how I'm supposed to sleep at night?" Walsh asked. "You're trading me in for a ghost?"

Ella sighed. "It kills me to have to make this choice at all, to leave behind my whole life."

"Ella, if you love this life, then keep it," Walsh told her. "Stay, just stay."

Ella shook her head. "I can't. I wish you could see this the way I see it."

"And I wish you and Rose hadn't drank those potions," Walsh replied.

Ella looked at him in surprise. "What?"

Walsh knocked a chair aside. "You just couldn't leave well enough alone."

"What are you talking about?" Ella asked.

"It's too bad," Walsh told her. "I actually kind of liked you."

"Who are you?" Ella asked. Walsh's eyes glowed red as he leaped forward to attack Ella. Ella ducked, making him fall over the parapet, looking down, noticing a flying monkey winging back upwards. "Really?"

Ella picked up an iron bar, swinging it at the flying monkey repeatedly, hitting him harder each time, running toward him to use the iron bar to push him over the parapet, making him hit the ground and crumble to dust. Killian and Rose had heard the commotion from inside, running out.

"Mom?" Rose asked worriedly. "What was that?"

"A reminder we were never safe," Ella answered. "All that I wanted, that I thought we could have was not in the cards. We leave in the morning."

Ella walked toward Rose to lead her inside. Killian turned to watch them walk inside.

ღღ

Day Three

Morning - Ella's Apartment

Ella was preparing breakfast for Henry and Rose.

"Mom?" Henry asked. "Mom! You're hurting the eggs."

Ella continued to cook. "Right."

Rose looked at Henry. "May I ask you something?"

"Sure," Henry answered.

"Do you believe in magic?" Rose asked.

Henry nodded. "Of course, and the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. If it gets me a present, I believe." He looked at Ella. "You're not sure you made the right decision, are you?"

"I just didn't feel like pancakes," Ella told them.

"About Walsh," Henry told her.

Rose laughed without humor. "Oh, Mom made the right decision. Trust me. It's gonna be us, bro, for a little while."

Ella served breakfast. "Here you go."

"As long as you're happy," Henry told her. "Tasty, but we've got to run. We're gonna be late for school. You kind of overslept."

Rose shook her head. "Nope, no school today. How about we go on a trip?"

"Like a vacation?" Henry asked.

"Like I have a new case, and it's in Maine, and it might take me a while, and I think we should go," Ella told them. "It would be an adventure."

"No school?" Henry asked. "A trip with you and Rose? Sold."

Rose smiled slightly. "Good, 'cause we're already packed."

"When do we leave?" Henry asked.

"Now," Rose answered.

There was a knock on the door.

"Are you expecting someone?" Henry asked.

Ella opened the door for Killian. "Yeah."

Killian stepped inside. "You're ready, Ella?"

"Rose, Henry, this is Killian," Ella explained, adding Rose's name even though Rose remembered him, because Henry didn't know she knew him. "He's, um... I'm helping him with his case."

"Did you skip bail?" Henry asked.

Killian whispered to Ella. "Oh, I see they're both still little spitfires. They must get that from their aunts Alcina and Freya, adoptive mother Regina."

Ella nodded in acknowledgement, looking at Henry. "He's not a perp. He's a client."

Henry looked over Killian's pirate clothes. "Why are you dressed like that?"

Killian frowned, defensive. "Why are you dressed like that?"

"All right, all right," Rose told them.

"Just make yourself useful, Killian, and get our bags," Ella told him. "Henry, Rose, lend him a hand."

"Wait, we're already going?" Henry asked.

Rose pulled on her jacket. "Yep."

Ella opened a wardrobe to pick up her blue leather jacket. "I just needed this one last thing."

Ella pulled on her leather jacket, closing the wardrobe.

Storybrooke

Night - Street

Ella drove down the main street. Killian was in the passenger seat. Henry and Rose were in the back. Henry had fallen asleep. When Ella parked the car, Ella, Killian and Rose got out.

Rose looked around in shock. "It's really back. We're really back."

"As quaint and homey as you remember?" Killian asked.

"As cursed as I remember," Rose answered.

Killian attached his hook. "That's more like it, isn't it, Ella?"

"How you gonna explain that to him?" Ella asked.

"Well, that's more your concern," Killian told her. "Perhaps it'll jog his memory."

Rose rolled her eyes. "Or give him nightmares. Last time, this Curse took away everyone's memories."

"This time we don't know what it did," Killian told them.

"Then we'll find out," Ella told him. "Stay here and watch Henry. Don't wake him or scare him. Just let him sleep."

Killian nodded. "Aye. Where are you two going?"

"To talk to the people who might know what the hell is going on here," Ella answered.

Rose smiled. "Our family and friends."

Hatter House - Foyer

Freya opened the door to see Ella and Rose outside.

"Hi," Rose told her. "Don't close the door. I--our names are--"

"Ella and Rose," Freya finished.

Rose smiled in relief. "Aunt Freya?"

Freya and Rose embraced in relief, holding each other. Jefferson, Lisa and Grace walked closer.

"Rose?" Grace asked.

Rose smiled. "Lisa! Grace!" The three girls embraced tightly. "Hi, Uncle Jefferson."

"Hi, Rose," Jefferson told her.

They embraced.

"You remember?" Ella asked.

"You remember," Jefferson replied, calling out further into the house. "Snow! David! Emma!"

"They're here, too?" Ella asked.

"And Mathias and Saphira," Grace answered. "We've been trying to figure out what's going on."

"What are you doing here?" Lisa asked.

"Well, Hook found us, he brought us here," Rose answered. "He said you were cursed."

Emma, Mathias and Saphira walked toward them.

Emma looked at them in relief. "Ella. Rose."

Ella, Rose and Emma immediately embraced.

Rose looked up at her in relief, tears shining. "Aunt Emma."

Ella had tears in her eyes. "Emma, I can't believe we thought you were dead."

"I can't believe you're all back," Rose added, turning to embrace Saphira.

Saphira returned Rose's embrace. "Yeah, we're back. Or never left. We don't know. We're trapped again."

"You know who you are," Ella told them..

"Ella, Rose, this Curse, we don't know who did it," Mathias told them. "Or why. All we know is our last year, it's been wiped away."

"Wiped away?" Rose repeated.

"All we remember is saying goodbye to you," Freya told them. "It feels like yesterday."

"But if you can't remember, then how do you know it's been a year?" Ella asked.

Snow and David walked closer, seeing them, in complete relief to embrace their daughter and granddaughter. "Ella. Rose."

Ella looked at the pregnant Snow in shock. "Mom?"

David put a protective arm around Snow. "As you can see, a lot's happened."

"We just don't know what," Lisa told them. "The whole year is gone."

"Who the hell would have done this?" Ella asked.

"We don't know," Grace told them. "But we know that at least one person is missing."

"Who?" Rose asked.

"Tori," Mathias answered. "Tori's missing."

Saphira and Mathias looked at each other in complete worry, not knowing what happened to her.

Flashback - One Year Ago

Enchanted Forest

Night - Dark Palace

The Wicked Witch of the West, Zelena, walked toward her daughter, Faye, otherwise known as Fatale. "Faye."

"Did the monkeys get what we need?" Faye asked. "Show me." Zelena showed her two vials of blood. "That's their blood? Regina, Alcina, Tori, Saphira and Mathias's?"

"Indeed," Zelena answered.

Faye smirked. "Lovely."

Zelena picked up a small bottle, pouring the blood into it. "Now, we shall get our revenge."

"Really?" Faye asked.

Zelena smiled. "Of course, we will. Tori, Saphira and Mathias will suffer. And even Priscilla, Jefferson, Grace and Vasilisa won't be safe for becoming a family with Alcina and even allowing Regina into their family because of Alcina. And Priscilla being the reason her father didn't choose me.  The Queen and Sorceress may used to have been evil, my darling Faye, but we are wicked. And..."

Faye and Zelena finished together, smirking. "Wicked always wins."

Faye looked into a nearby mirror, smirking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 324 15
Kassandra Mikaelson, Caitlin Harris, Mikayla Labonair-Kenner, Kacie Lockwood, Tory Donovan/Thompson, Luke Thompson, Eliza Forbes, Lindsey Davis-Thomp...
40.7K 608 26
All rights go to CW and Kevin Williamson, and Julie Plec, all except for the fan made characters. Heartofice97: Alexandra "Alex" Gilbert, Kacie L...
18.8K 635 24
The town of Storybrooke was made by the Evil Queen (Regina Mills) from a curse that cursed the fairytale characters you love and know to a world with...
4.9K 189 44
"you are my one you set my world on fire" - Derek Hale x Oc Oc x Oc - SEASONS 1-6 and MOVIE - season 1: completed season 2: completed season 3: in t...