Whispers In The Dark

By baeklightspark

There's so much happens in our world. some are fall in love, and some with broken heart. some are married and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 10

61 10 11
By baeklightspark

This chapter dedicated to heydoctoryehet💕💕
Hope exo will drop a teaser soon!!
********

Baekhyun was on his way back to the dorm when he found two familiar figures standing in the middle of the path. Baekhyun ordered his driver to stop the car for a brief moment. From what he saw, it seemed like as if they were arguing about something that they both had a stern face. He leisurely went out of the car. The moment their eyes landed on him, the guy slowly freed her hand from his firm hold.

"Baekhyun?" Jinhye marched towards him with a beam.

Baekhyun didn't make any response as he was busy studying the guy ahead of him. Jinhye noticed how sober Baekhyun was when he held his sturdy gaze upon jashor.

"Are you going to home?" Jinhye asked slightly shaking his arm, bringing his attention back to her.

He nodded while gazing down at the girl.

"That's great! Let's go together," she said, pushing him into the car, not wanting to create more nuisances to herself.

The car started soon after Jinhye stepped in and settled herself beside Baekhyun. There was a moment of awkward silence enveloped among them. Both turned their head to the other side vacantly gazing out of the window.

"What were you two doing in the middle of the street?" Baekhyun asked, breaking the fuzzy silence deeply crammed amongst them.

"Err... It's nothing," She had a slight hesitation in her voice.

"Oh, if you don't want to answer, it's okay," Baekhyun noticed the timidity in her voice as she turns her head to the other side, refusing to meet his eyes.

"It's actually nothing. We were just talking," she said, turned to face him, still dodging his eyes.

"Ah.. Why does he wear such an outdated outfit? He looks more like a gangster with that fedora and black long jacket," He said with a sardonic smile. "What's actually your relationship with him? I know there's something more than just friends. Are you two perhaps dating?" He's been probing her with countless questions which she somehow find sorely difficult to answer.

Baekhyun was curious about their relationship. No, he's been curious of everything about her.

"No, we are not dating," she half yelled at him. She didn't really like the sound of those words coming out of his mouth. Baekhyun seemed reasonably relieved at her words. He didn't know why it is though.

"I'm sorry, it's just you two seems more closer than,"

"No," She exclaimed before Baekhyun could finish his statement. He flinched a little at her raised voice.

"I mean, He's not my friend nor my lover,"

She's not good at lying. She doesn't want Baekhyun to get the wrong idea regarding their relationship.

Baekhyun looked at her with bursting confusion. She's always been so calm and relaxed. This side of her was all new to him.

"Who's he to you?"

"He's someone I hate," Her eyes swelled with hatred and anger that for some reason amazed him.

"Wh..y?" He was hesitant to ask further.

"He's been forcing me to marry him," She couldn't fully state the fact that he's a devil prince desires to marry an angel princess for her mind boggling powers. He might not believe it. No, he'd think that she's saying nonsense.

"Eh?" Baekhyun couldn't completely stir up her statement. "So you are saying he's in love with you that he's forcing you to marry him?"

"No, it's not love. He doesn't love me. It's just for my pow..," She's about to say something which would almost make clear that she's an immortal. She quickly covered her mouth.

"I don't know. He must be after my looks," She said and heaved a sigh.

"Uh? Oh," He couldn't say much. It sounded more like a fact.

He wanted to ask more, but decided to stay quiet for not wanting to provoke her with his ridiculous questions.

He watched the girl for some time. She's resting her head against the window, staring out. Her silky hair swayed from side to side along with the mellow wind. Her mesmerizing eyes, her pointed nose, her pinkish lips, everything perfectly shaped and there's no hint of make up on it.

She's quite a sight for tired eyes. Just by looking her from afar alone will lift up your spirit. She held that kind of aura within her.

Baekhyun set his eyes on her, intimately examining her calm face.

His eyes, then, landed on the silver pendant in a shape of water drop, clasped around her long slender neck. He's a little taken aback when he found it much familiar.

His stare becomes intense as he laid his eyes on the pendant, trying to remember where he would have seen it before.

He shook his head several times, which caught Jinhye's attention. She looked over him, raising her eyebrow curiously, but turns back to the other side without asking anything when his puzzled eyes met hers.

Baekhyun shrugged it off, not wanting to appear himself as a creepy weirdo. The silence again engulfed them.

*****

That night Jinhye lay down on her bed staring blankly at the ceiling. She thought about the day she'd had.

If Ajusshi hadn't given her this pendant, what would have happened? She couldn't even imagine about it. It sent chills down her spine.

She clutched the pendant tightly. She's scared, at the same time she's a bit relieved to reveal her true relationship with jashor to Baekhyun.

She always wanted to be honest with him. She wanted to reveal her identity to him so that she doesn't need to hide anything anymore.

"Why can't I be honest with the person I love?' she thought.

She pulled the covers up to her face and closed her eyes. That's when she heard some noises approaching from outside.

She crept out of the bed and tried to navigate herself over to where the sounds were coming from.

She slowly paced towards the window, fingers clasping the pendant. The noises were becoming loud, as she gets closer to the window.

The moonlight that came through the windows was incredible and mystifying.

She was trembling under the glowing moonlight and her stomach felt empty. The chilly air had frozen the glass window. She opened the frosted glass window, letting in a wave of sticky air, which caused her body shiver slightly.

"Who's there?" The words came out of her trembling lips like a whisper.

No response.

"Hey Clara," Jinhye jumped out of her feet when she heard her name being called from behind. She spun around quickly to stare into Mira's amused smiling eyes.

"Omo! Did I scare you?" Mira asked, taking steps forward towards Jinhye.

"What on earth are you doing here?" Jinhye almost shouted, being surprised to meet Mira before her eyes.

"Hey, That's so mean you know. I expected a hug, at least you saying that you miss me," She pouted her lips, showing her cute sad expression.

"You can't blame me. Why did you expect such things from me when you actually were to scared out of my wits,"

"I didn't know you have changed. I'm here to meet my haughty fearless girl Clara who hadn't afraid of anything,"

"Well... I'm not the same Clara you used to know," Surprisingly, a cover of sadness veiled her eyes and her voice took a gloomy turn. "Anyway, how did you get here?" Her face turned into the same as it was before.

"I sneaked out of the palace,"

"What?" She widened her eyes and her voice was high pitched in shock. She quickly covered her mouth. "What if someone finds out?"

"No worries. Everyone is busy arranging the summit for tomorrow,"

"Oh," Her face fell and breathed a sigh.

"I've missed you Clara," Mira said as she hugged her friend firmly.

"I've missed you too," Jinhye said, hugging back. "By the way, It's Jinhye," She coughed a little, feeling embarrassed to say her new name.

"What?" Mira arched her eyebrow.

"My name. I've changed my name. People here call me Jinhye,"

"Really? Wow that sounds more like a real human," Mira's eyes flickered in excitement.

Jinhye smiled at her friend, Mira has always been so cheerful and had stayed by her side even in difficult times. She's the only person Jinhye's got to lean on.

"So this is where you live," Mira said as she looked around the room. "Is that guy also living here?"

"Yes, with eight other boys,"

"What? Are they all looking handsome?" Mira asked.

"Yeah, but not as handsome as Baekhyun,"

"I shouldn't have asked you that while you are falling head over heels for that guy," Mira said with a puff. Jinhye blushed a little at her words, though she's teasing her.

"By the way, how things are going on between you two? Did you make any move?"

"Not yet. I'm afraid to even stand beside him," She said, lowering her eyes as blanket of sadness took over her.
Her lips formed a thin line.

"I'm getting sick of burying all these truths myself," A single tear rolled down her cheeks. "I want to be honest with him, but I'm scared of those obscure consequences after he finds out my true identity. What if he hates me?" Her voice cracked as tears streamed out of her puffy eyes.

"Hey, don't cry," Mira, said as he held her close, patting her back. "Normal people can't accept such facts. They are afraid of immortal creatures like us. Nonetheless, I think you should tell him about you. If you two were destined to be together, he'll definitely accept you. Love has such powers and that's the only thing money can't buy," Mira said as she wiped the tears left on her cheeks.

Jinhye seemed a little convinced at her words though she hasn't ready to reveal herself to him.

"Oh this," Her eyes, then landed on the necklace hung around her neck "I think I have seen this pendant somewhere before," She clasped the pendant in between her fingers, looking inquiringly onto it. "From where did you get this?" Her mind was burning with curiosity.

"Oh, Ajusshi gave me this. It's a curse back pendant,"

"Curse back pendant? Never heard of such thing before," Mira said. The criosity which she had a moment ago was faded away from her eyes. "How does it work?"

"It saved me from jashor when he tried to kiss me," She grasped the pendant tightly.

"What? You met jashor?" A yelp of surprise escaped from her lips, fully stunned at her words.

"Yeah, he's been following me," Jinhye said.

"Yah, you should be more careful. Don't ever let him kiss you. Protect your lips from him at any rate,"

"Yeah, I know,"

"No, this can't be helped. Should I stay by your side?" She's restlessly tapping her foot on the ground.

"What?"

"To protect you from that devil," Mira said as if it's a good idea to keep her away from that devil.

"No, you should go back. It's getting dark outside, and don't you dare comeback here again," She reminded. Mira didn't protest much, she didn't want to be much bother to her.

"Okay, I understand. Please be careful, Clara. I'm really worried about you," Mira said as she cupped her face, placing a kiss on her forehead. Mira waved her hands, saying good-bye.

She closed her eyes and the wings sprouted from her back, stunning pure white wings!

She fully stretched out them, ready to fly. It's shining in the moonlight. Jinhye's eyes formed tears. She remembered her own wings, those sparkling white wings. It's beautiful and longer than Mira's. She missed her wings.

"Come," Mira noticed the changes in her face. She knows how much Jinhye misses her wings. She'd the most beautiful wings among other angels. Jinhye rushed to Mira's side and hugged her. Mira embraced her gently, closing the wings around her. Jinhye enjoyed the feel of soft feathers touching her back. They stayed like that for some time.

"I heard some strange noises," The closed door opened with hardly a creak and Baekhyun appeared in.

"Baekhyun?" Jinhye quickly backed herself away from Mira's embrace. Her eyes widened when she caught sight of Baekhyun standing at the door, eyes wide in shock and he let out a shuddering breath. He slowly released his grasp from the doorknob and the door closed shut behind him.

******
Hey guys,
What do you think about this chapter?😰
Comment your thoughts and opinions😉
Vote if you like👍
Thank you so much for the love and support🙏
Love you💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 549 21
"I promise you I will always be here for you from now on, I'm not leaving your side." You giggle a little from his statement. "Is this your own way o...
75.1K 2K 49
20180531 - #01 KOREANFANFIC 20180622 - #05 EXOFANFIC 20190301 - #02 EXOPLANET 20181217 - #04 EXOSTANS CHANYEOL'S ALTERNATE ENDING: EXO members, an i...
9.5K 599 22
There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are you will always be in my heart...
5K 136 5
There are millions of flowers in the world, and so does the number of the people. Each varies in colors, and each varies in personalities. Some may b...