Trust me, it's not ~ Adopted...

By everyonehatesCharlie

"There's alot about me that you don't know and you probably never will." * * * Tony Stark. Billionaire. Iron... More

Meeting the Avengers
Arguments
Training
Sparring
Logan
School
Korey
You're soft you know
Peter Parker
HYDRA sucks
Nightmare squad
Party (Part 1)
Party (Part 2)
Starks are curious beings
Ironstrange
The Avengers go to the Mall
Told you so
Memories
Schwarma
Deya
Reporters suck.
This family's adorable
Pal
Recognised
Cassie and Pizza
Family
Anger is a dangerous emotion
Back to Wakanda
Wade's not dangerous
Dads
Alicia
Opening up
Authors Note-THANK YOU!
Attack
Coping, Sort Of
High tensions
The Questioning
Meltdowns
Reasoning
Wade's persuasion skills
Wade's Place.
Young and sweet, only seventeen
IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Hbd,P

2.1K 45 41
By everyonehatesCharlie

I woke up, my eyes adjusting to the light pouring through the windows. For a moment I forgot where I was. I sat up, flinging my legs over the side of the bed and standing up. Korey yawned and got up as well. I smiled at him.

I got dressed in simple clothes. There was a knock on the door and Shuri came in. 

"Come, breakfast is ready." She told me. I nodded, following her.

I poured out Korey's food and gave him some water. I sat next to Shuri and took my meds. 

"What are those for?" She asked. I frowned. 

"My PTSD and social anxiety. I take them at every meal and some before bed for my nightmares." I explained. She nodded. She regretted asking, I could tell, but she was also curious as to why I had PTSD.

We ate our meal in silence. It was awkward. It was also awkward being in American clothes. I was supposed to be in hiding, but if you came to Wakanda, I'd stick out like a sore thumb. First of all, I'm white, second, I was wearing American clothes and third, I had a service dog with me everywhere I went.

I also ate different things to everyone, mostly because of my meal plan but partly because they didn't have all of the same foods as us.

Suddenly the silence was broken. It was Rose. 

"Violet you have a call incoming from your father." My Ai informed me. I got up, apologising profusely. 

"I'm really sorry I need to take this." T'Challa and Ramonda nodded.

Violet: Hey Dad, you interrupted breakfast, I'm pretty sure T'Challa and Ramonda think I'm really rude now.
Tony: Sorry, I just really miss you and, well you know what date it is.
I frowned, confused.
V: What's the date?
T: August 10th.
I gasped. I had totally forgotten.
V: Oh my god, I'm missing Peter's birthday! Tell him happy birthday from me and that I love him. I do have a present from me, Friday will tell you where it is.
T: Okay Squirt, I love you, you'll be home before you know it.
V: Love you too Dad. Bye.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair and hanging up. I had totally forgotten that it was Peter's birthday and I felt bad for missing it. He would understand though.

I re-entered the dining room and sat back down, apologising again. 

"I'm so sorry, it's my brother's Birthday." T'Challa smiled. 

"I understand, you must be missing your family very much." I nodded.

"That thing, that told you someone was calling you, what was it?" Shuri asked excitedly. 

"Rose? She's my Ai. She's built into my watch, my phone and my earpiece. My Dad made her." Shuri was amazed, her eyes were wide and glistening and her mouth agape. 

"That's so cool." She squealed.

"Do not mind her, she gets very excited about technology," T'Challa told me. I smiled. 

"It's okay, I get it a lot at home with Dad, Bruce, Steve and Bucky."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

"Abuse."

I looked straight ahead of me, my face blank and my voice dull and expressionless. Shuri turned to me, confused. 

"That's why I have PTSD, my Mother abused me. That and the fact that I was kidnapped tortured by Hydra." I explained.

"At breakfast, I could tell you wanted to know why I have PTSD. There it is." Shuri sat down next to me and frowned. She put her hand on my leg. I put my hand on hers. She felt pity. 

"Don't feel sorry for me," I said, looking at the ground and shuffling about.

"How could you tell I wanted to know?" She questioned. I shuffled about again. I didn't particularly want her to know about my abilities. She might think I was weird and not want to be friends with me. Not that she was exactly friends with me in the first place anyway. I took a deep breath.

"I have these, abilities." I started. Shuri looked both excited and confused. 

"I'm a telepath, an empath, I can make portals and I have enhanced strength and reflexes," I explained. A small squeak escaped Shuri's lips. 

"That. Is. AWESOME." She squealed. I laughed.

"It is pretty great."

Shuri and I laughed together for a bit before she stood up suddenly. 

"I finished the vest." She announced. She walked over to her desk and picked up a small circular gadget. She walked back and handed it to me.

"The patches are built into it. You'll have to attach the med bag but I figured that would be fine because you can just put it in a backpack." She told me. 

"Go on then, put it on." She pushed. Shuri was excited to see her invention put to use.

I took off Korey's current vest and put it down next to me. I placed the disc on him and tapped it twice. It transformed into a vest, covering all of Korey's back and stomach. Shuri smiled. 

"And it's Vibranium, so he's pretty safe."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I layed in my bed, staring at the ceiling. When I wasn't with Shuri in the lab I just liked to lay in bed contemplating death. You know, happy things. I sighed. I didn't exactly have anything to do. I thought about Peter and pictured how much fun he must have been having with the others.

I sat up, tapping my hands on my legs to make a beat. I decided to call Peter.

Peter: Hello?
Violet: Hey Peter, happy birthday. I'm sorry I'm missing it, I'm not a very good younger sister.
P: It's okay Violet, it's not your fault. And you're a great sister, I couldn't ask for a better lil sis.
I smiled. I really missed my family.
V: Thanks.
P: I really liked my gift, by the way, thank you. Ned is already nagging me about it. He's all like 'Peter, when can we make the Lego millennium falcon?' and 'Peter we gotta make the millennium falcon!'.
I laughed.
V: I knew you'd like it.
P: I've got to go now, Dad's got Bruce really drunk and he's trying to make out with a tree. I love you.
V: I love you too Pete.

I sighed, hanging up. I layed back down and closed my eyes. I needed to get to sleep.

~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~

I walked around the ruins of the building. It looked strangely familiar. I stepped over bricks and debris, being careful not to trip or cut myself. "Hello?" I called out. No reply. "Is anyone here."

I turned the corner and walked into a lab. There was a moan from the rubble. I rushed over to the source of the sound. Laying there was a beat-up man. The right side of his face was badly bruised and covered in blood. A pair of broken glasses lay just in front of him and next to him was a test tube.

The man let out another moan. 

"This is all...your...fault.' He said. I recognised the voice, I recognised the face. I knelt down next to him.

"Bruce? Bruce! Are you okay? What happened?" I screamed, flustered.

I realised where I was. It was the Avengers facility. I was at home but for once, I didn't want to be there.

"Your...fault." He managed to get out. Then, with one last ragged breath, his eyes fell closed. 

"No, no this can't be happening. Bruce, Bruce stay with me." I held his hand to my face, letting tears fall and land on the ground.

I let out a sob before placing Bruce's hand on the ground. I needed to find the others. I ran out of the lab to the living room. There, strewn across the sofa, was a severely injured Natasha. I rushed over, kneeling in front of her.

"No, no not you too. You can't do this to me." I sniffed, salty tears flowing like a waterfall. 

"This...all...happened because of...you." She groaned. I shook my head, I didn't want to believe it. Her body became limp and her chest no longer rose. I let out another sob.

I turned around to see Wanda and Vision on the floor, their fingers intertwined. I put my hand on Wanda's wrist, trying to find a pulse. Nothing. I did the same for Vision. Nothing either. I wiped my eyes. They were red and sore.

I kept walking and I kept finding my friends, my family either dead or dying. Sam, then Rhodey, then Clint, then Scott, then Steve and Bucky, then Thor, his body over Loki's, then Stephen, then Peter. Even Logan was there.

Each person I cried harder and louder.

Finally, I came across Dad. As soon as my eyes fell on his broken body I fell to my knees. I let out a scream, my body wracked with sobs. 

"No, no, no," I mumbled. "NO!" I screamed again. I punched the ground.

Everyone I loved was dead.

One thing stuck out to me though, one thing seemed odd. Everyone who was still just about alive seemed to blame me. They said it was all my fault. That didn't seem right.

But then again, was it my fault? I was the reason Hydra was there and Hydra the reason they were killed. So it was my fault.

It was my fault.

I woke up with a scream. My heart was racing and I was sweating profusely. I held out my hand. It was shaking violently. I took a deep breath. It had all seemed so real and I didn't like it.

I didn't like it one bit.

-
-
-
-
-

Wow okay, I cried writing the nightmare. It was so hard to write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 3.4K 27
You escaped HYDRA when you were younger, but you weren't able to save your parents. So, you re-entered society as an orphan, hoping to get adopted by...
372 7 8
Bucky Barnes x reader (This story only has the characters from the MCU and follows some of the same plot. Other than that it's all made up for this...
45.4K 1.6K 60
Y/N was abused most of his life and made the decision to run away when he was young. He was then found and adopted by Tony Stark. How will this chang...
59K 1.4K 72
My life has been anything but normal. HYDRA killed my father than took me captive. They tortured me for years before a group called the Avengers save...