Versus New Beginnings

By SaylorS0

*(Takes place after Versus The End)* Returning home from a successful mission, the gang find themselves back... More

Intro Scene: Beyond The Surface
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch.7 (Final Scene)
*Author Here!*

Ch. 3

294 8 9
By SaylorS0

End Of POV:

"Hey Michelle Obama." A voice spoke up.

The female brains of the group was at her locker. She turned her head to see one of her friends greeting her. She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Cute Spyder," Veracity replied before asking, "not gonna put your stuff in your locker?"

Spyder paused.

"We were supposed to bring stuff?" He inquired.

Veracity blinked at him for a second.

"Nevermind," she changed the subject, "so what do you think the new principal is going to be like?"

"Long as she's not a villain, I think we'll be good." Spyder counteracted.

"Got that right," Harris chimed in as he joined them, "the last thing we need is another enemy."

"Amen." Veracity agreed as she closed her locker door.

The three of them began to check out the place. Since the attack still had an affect on people, Dalton allowed the students to not have class for a whole week to adjust to the new building and reduce stress. It was the best idea. The faculty was really glad this decision was made as well.

"Guys!" A voice called.

The trio turned around to see their friend catching up to them.

"Hey Ry," Harris greeted, "what's up? I thought we were all heading in together."

"Mark wanted to talk." Ryan told him as they all started walking again.

"Huh, so the great Mark Walker noticed you in his territory?" Spyder joked.

Ryan chuckled a little.

"Yeah," he retorted, "I'm just hoping his head won't grow twice as big."

"I wouldn't count on that," Veracity talked, "I mean he hasn't had his status in a while. Now that it's back, so is his ego. Full circle."

"Oh god, now I gotta get ear plugs." Ryan joked.

The group shared a laugh.

**************

The varsity kids sat in the cafeteria. Since today was a grand reopening, it meant that it was a half a day as well. Pretty cool am I right? It would be like this for the rest of the week due to class not being in session. Lunch wasn't being served either, so the food was edible. Most of the former cheerleaders were reinstated too. Overall, it felt great to be back in their classic uniforms.

"Man, I missed wearing this jacket," one of the guys said with glee. His name was Jalen, "the rest of my senior year is gonna rock."

"I can't believe you're graduating this year dude." Dane replied.

"I know," Jalen said in disbelief, "I literally can't remember my life without any of you being in it."

"I'm gonna miss you." Mark admitted.

The soon to be eighteen year old smiled and placed his arm around him.

"Aww it's okay, I'm not gone yet," Jay responded, "besides, I have to sort out stuff for college and where I might move."

"True. Can't just run away and yell, hey Antarctica here I come!" Carter added on.

"Why would someone go to Antarctica?" Quint asked.

"To meet the Antarticans." Carter riposted in a 'duh' type of voice.

The guys gave him a weird look.

"Antarticans?" Dane questioned.

"What the fudge is he talking about?" Chris inquired confused.

"Think you mean Backyardigans." Sean corrected.

"Why would the Backyardigans be in Antarctica?" Jalen asked.

Mark and the others began to laugh at how stupid this was.

"They can't be in that backyard all the time." Carter defended his friend.

"That's why they're called the Backyardigans!" Quint told him.

"Why the hell are y'all talking about some kids show?" A girl questioned aloud.

Apparently, the guys' conversation could be heard from two tables down. A group of girls, including a certain junior, looked over at the jocks. Their mini argument caught their attention.

"They said the backyardigans are in Antarctica." Dane explained as he pointed to Carter and Sean.

"It's in the name backyardigans stupid!" One of the girls commented on it, making half of the cafeteria chuckle.

They had caught a whiff of the conversation too.

"Well the backyard can get boring!" Sean retorted.

"Then they would've called it the traveling animals!" Another girl logically stated.

"No they wouldn't," One of the guys tried to correct her. His name was Kyle, "Uniqua doesn't count. She's not an animal."

"She's a chameleon dude." Scottie, the co captain of the wrestling team, spoke to him.

"That fat pink thing is a chameleon?!" Kyle asked in shock.

That had everybody cracking up. In the mist of all that, the varsity captain snuck a peek at his girlfriend, who also found the conversation to be pointlessly funny. The two shared a smile as they shook their heads.

*************

It was hard to tell where he was. Waking up slowly, the rich man found himself for once not being chained up. Although, he was in a dark room. He was able to see for the most part at least. Brushing off any access dirt or grime, he looked around as his anger grew.

"How many times is this gonna happen?!" Seth shouted to himself, "can I walk around at all without being captured?!"

"Someone like you deserves to be captured." A new voice spoke up.

Looking to his left, the wealthy adversary watched a familiar face appear. He walked up to him with his arms crossed.

"You captured me? Why?" Seth inquired.

"It's not what you think. It's complicated and a little weird," an old ally told him, "bottom line, I'll kill him if you don't do what I ask."

"I worked for Grey and that red thing already, no way in hell am I working for you!" Seth roared in objection, "and I've turned over a new leaf. There's no way I'm hurting people."

The man scoffed at him.

"I don't care if you like it or not," he responded, "besides, you won't be alone. I was able to bring back a valuable human being."

Gesturing out in front of them, a blonde stepped into the light with a huge smirk on her face. Seth's eyes went wide.

"How?" He asked in astonished, "you...we watched you blow up with the robot-"

"The robot had an escape pod," she explained, "when the ooze helped me wake up, I took it and escaped the robot before it blew up. I found an invsible mode so no one would see me."

The capturer walked up beside her.

"You see Seth, I used your tech to bring her health back up to speed," the guy continued, "she doesn't have anymore powers, but is still capable of a lot of things."

Walking back up to him, the man smiled.

"Now are you joining us so we can be a team again?" He inquired.

"You two worked for ME," Seth reminded him, "not the other way around. I meant what I said and I don't wanna go back. I'm done."

"Fine," Grey responded, "I guess your kid is gonna have to die."

Seth gave her a glare.

"With the robot gone, the world is back to being ours." Grey evilly stated.

The billionaire crossed his arms. He hated this. How could they be back? It made no sense. And Tregear died weeks ago. Things were...they were supposed to be normal. Better! I guess it's true. The world is a wicked place, hiding wicked people. If they cause trouble, it's not a surprise. There was no way Harper was going to let his kid die. There was no way any of those people were just going to go down within a few days. So, with a heavy sigh, the older scientist made a decision.

"When do we start?" He questioned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 185 16
Enemy's arise fights get difficult. Ryan walker can save everyone. But what will his team do when the robot gets destroyed. Read for more info. I do...
9.9K 175 16
This is a Ryan Walker x Reader Fanfic I made up. (Y/N) (L/N) is a mysterious relative of Spyder who suddenly shows up after an unfortunate incident...
897 6 12
A lot of the one shots in here are going to be scrapped ideas from my Mech-X4 Story's "Regret" and "Stuck" that didn't fit in the story but I still r...
54.7K 989 20
(Mature, Smut +18/ Spoiler Warning?) Yor Briar is as Fragile as a Rose. Yor and Loid discover that there is no need to pretend anymore, Handler tells...