Aneurin

Por AliceBarnes

Never trust a fae. Never give them your name. Never fall for their tricks. Three simple rules that Enid sh... Mais

Chapter One ~ Aneurin
Chapter Two ~ Momento mori
Chapter Three ~ Never give them your name
Chapter Four ~ Tensions rise
Chapter Five ~ Vengence
Chapter Six ~ Repercussions
Chapter Seven ~ The Faery Dance
Chapter Eight ~ The Truth
Chapter Nine ~ Lovers meeting
Chapter Eleven ~ Falling through time
Chapter Twelve ~ Land of the Faes
Chapter Thirteen ~ Prisoner
Chapter Fourteen ~ Knight in shining armour
Chapter Fifteen ~ Queen of Faery
Chapter Sixteen ~ Escape
Chapter Seventeen ~ Changeling
Chapter Eighteen ~ The Green Cloak
Chapter Nineteen ~ The Cave
Chapter Twenty ~ Into the trees
Chapter Twenty-one ~ Elfhame
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ The golden pool of Elfhame
Chapter Twenty-Three - The High Queen of Elfhame
Chapter Twenty-Four - Revelations and declarations
Chapter 25 - The heir and the spare

Chapter Ten ~ Sacrifice

685 53 42
Por AliceBarnes

Blue sky was framed by tall, evergreen trees, as white clouds sailed across the sea of cerulean.

Aneurin's hand was entwined with Enid's, resting on the ground.

They were soft and petal veined, long and elegant and etched into her memory.

These were hands she would never forget.

The words her mother had said to her churned round and round in her head.

'Those are a girl's words and like a girl he has treated you.'

Perhaps her mother was right, and most of the time, she was. But not about this.

How could she be? She had only met Aneurin briefly in a passing greeting.

With a turn of her head she looked over at him, as if sensing her eyes on him, he too tilted his head to the side.

"Something is troubling you, what is it?" He asked.

"My mother knows about us."

Despite how much it was troubling Enid, Aneurin seemed unfazed.

"And does this trouble you?"

"A little." She replied.

His face softened and he rolled over to lie on his side.

"I always knew this day would come, it was just a matter of when."

"What should I do?"

"She will never see eye to eye with you. You have an understanding of my kind that she does not. You must try to appease her, give her no reason to think that you are in any sort of danger." He smiled, it was a quick quirk of his lips, but it soothed Enid's fears all the same.

"And if that does not work? If she prevents me from leaving?"

Aneurin let out a sigh, brushing a stray hair away from Enid's face.

"Then, I may follow through with my plans to kidnap you."

She let out a laugh and he beamed over at her.

"You cannot kidnap me!"

"And why ever not? Is there some human law against it?"

Enid sat up and Aneurin was quick to follow.

"If I went with you, I would never see my family again."

He brushed her hair to one side, running a gentle finger along her cheek.

"I would never stop you from seeing your family. If you came with me, you could always come back."

Grey eyes moved to the far edge of the meadow, beyond the darkness of the trees.

"I could take you away to my land." He said slowly, as though he were in a dream and far away from her.

"And then what? I am human, I will fade away into dust while you forever remain young and beautiful."

Aneurin frowned, shaking his head as though he could shake away her humanity.

"I would not let that happen."

"You cannot stop the turning of time, Aneurin. No one can." Enid said, moving closer to him until her forehead was resting against his. He lifted his hand to run his fingers through her hair.

"Would you still love me? If I was old and wrinkled? Would you?" She whispered, her eyes becoming heavy and half closed.

"Nothing could stop my loving you."

She pulled herself away from him and got up off the ground.

Slowly, she wandered through the long meadow grass, plucking a thistle and twirling it between her thumb and forefinger.

She was aware he was behind her, she did not need to turn her head. She always seemed to know when he was nearby. It was as though her heart could hear his light tread of footsteps.

She, however, never did seem to hear him. He was as silent as the owls that soared through the night sky and as cunning as a fox that stole her father's chickens.

"Enid?" His voice sounded from behind her.

"Yes?" She glanced back at him as he took long strides over to her side. Nothing prepared her for the fear in his eyes.

"You need to leave here, I need to get you to safety."

"What?"

"You need to leave!"

Before she could respond the distant cries of the villagers drifted over to her.

"My father might be in trouble!" Enid gathered up her gown and took off in a run.

"Enid?!"

Aneurin called after her, but she kept moving.

Ducking under low hanging tree branches, over rocks and large tree roots.

"Enid?!" His voice was more desperate now, especially now she was so close.

Through the trees, she could just make out her father being dragged along by an angry mob of villagers.

They had never taken kindly to anyone who was dealing with the Faes, whether that be in friendship or bloodshed.

He caught up to her, pulling her behind a tree and pinning her to it.

"Are you mad?!"

While Enid was breathless and panting hard, Aneurin was not so much as out of breath.

"My father needs help. They will kill him if they get the chance!"

"No, they won't kill him. They are taking him to the Faes."

She gasped, her eyes widening.

"They can't!"

"They already are-"

"We need to help him!" Enid proclaimed, starting to pull away from Aneurin. His grip on her only tightened.

"I'm sorry Enid. I can't let you." His voice was steady and gaze resolute. So long as he had hold of her, she was not going to be able to get to her father in time to help him.

"Let go of me!" Enid began to beat her hands against his chest, all of her energy going towards her escape.

"No." Like a statue, he did not move. Not even when she stomped on his foot.

As the villagers grew nearer to them, he placed a hand over her mouth to stop them from hearing her. Not that they would, they were already making so much noise themselves.

"I have done nothing wrong-" Her father cried, jerking this way and that in an attempt to free himself. "-I only sought justice for my daughter!"

"You have put the entire village in danger because of your actions!" One of the villagers barked in reply.

"You would see us all enslaved to the Faes before you handed yourself over to them. We are only doing what you should have done a long time ago. Giving the Faes the justice they demand!" Another shouted above the rest.

From where Enid was stood, hidden behind the tree and restrained by Aneurin, she could see the fear in his eyes as he was hauled away into the forest.

They were heading for the Faes cave that lay deep in the forest, it was hard to find and a dangerous journey to make.

It was the only way into the land of the Faes that the villagers knew of. No one had ever dared to enter it.

Fully realising just what they were doing, Aneurin's grip loosened on Enid, his lips parting, a frown appearing on his forehead.

Enid seized the opportunity and pushed him away from her.

Out of his grip and free to follow after the villagers, she ran as fast as her legs would carry her.

Ignoring Aneurin's shouts behind her.

She was going to stop her father from being handed over to the Faes. And not even Aneurin could stop her.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

529 21 21
You cannot refuse or resist when a prince chooses you." That is the rule for all witches who aren't promise to wed to another. Becoming a princess a...
72.5K 5.1K 52
|Book 2| Andorra isn't human. She's also not just the Fae Princess everyone thinks she is. She's running out of time, running out of ideas, and runni...
109 3 4
The Fae have long kept to their floating isles in the sky. Their kingdom bled thin by the humans that have hunted them, but their enchantments remain...