I Didn't Steal The Bad Boys D...

By fallenxroses

Sequel to I Stole The Bad Boys Diary. You must read that story first or this will make zero sense!! ✼ ✼ ✼ It... More

00. author note & cast list
01. unexpected calls
02. dangerous games
03. forgiveness
04. we are not done here
05. breathe
06. get out
07. living a lie
08. blair edwards
9. lies on top of lies
10. you must know
11. expecting the unexpected
12. complications
13. here with you
14. don't walk away
15. overthinking
16. free
17. thinking of the past
18. warned you
19. exposed
20. this ends here today
21. acceptance
22. trust
23. stares
24. hold on tight
26. don't forget
27. unknown letters
28. there's no going back now
epilogue

25. try to remember

2K 105 19
By fallenxroses

School today was boring to say the least. But before I knew it the bell rang and here I was sitting in my car in front of Maddie's apartment. Maddie moved out of her house a few months ago, because of her homophobic parents. To be honest I didn't even know if she was home or not. I knew I should have called first but I didn't. The only reason I really came here was because I wanted to talk to Maddie about Jace. The only way for everything to really make sense was if Maddie talked to Jace about me. I don't know how else Jace would have known who I was.

I got out of my car quickly buzzing Maddie so that she could let me up. "Hello?" Maddie said over the machine. The tone of her voice told me that she was confused. I know she didn't get many visitors because she had just moved here.

"It's Scarlett." I said quickly, and before I could get out another word the door had buzzed open. Surprised I pulled it open and walked into her apartment building. There was an elevator but I decided to walk up the stairs. Once I had reached Maddie's apartment number a sigh left my lips as I knocked.

A few seconds passed and the door opened. I was expecting it to be Maddie but it wasn't. Instead it was a tall slim girl with long curly rose gold hair and stunning hazel eyes. "Oh?" I blurted out confused. "Sorry," I awkwardly laughed. "I thought this was someone else's-"

The girl laughed shaking her head which instantly stopped me from talking. "You're Scarlett Everwood right?" She asked by my surprise and I nodded. "Cool!" She smiled, "I'm Lacey, Maddie's girlfriend. Nice to meet you."

My jaw was about to drop open but I clenched it shut. "It's nice to meet you too." I smiled at her warmly. Maddie had a girlfriend? Wow, if I was going to be honest despite everything that happened I was happy Maddie had found someone she cared for.

"Come in." Lacey smiled at me. I slowly walked into Maddie's apartment. "Maddie just went to use the washroom, she should be back any second." Lacey sat down on a chair as she pointed for me to sit on the chair beside her. "Maddie has told me a lot about you."

I tiled my head at her. I wondered exactly how much Maddie has told Lacey about me. Did Maddie tell Lacey what she did to me? "Oh," Was all I said because I didn't know what else to say.

"Is she bothering you?" Maddie suddenly appeared in the kitchen. "Sorry Scarlett, I wasn't expecting you."

"No I'm sorry." I implied, "I know, I should have called." My eyes traveled over to Lacey. "Should I come back?" I asked standing to my feet. "I didn't know-"

"Don't be silly." Lacey said quickly. "I was just leaving actually."

"Are you sure?" I questioned.

Maddie nodded her head. "Lacey you remember Scarlett, my cousins girlfriend?"

Lacey smiled, "Of course." She said as she got up and gave Maddie a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you later babe." Lacey's eyes landed on me once again. "It was nice to meet you."

"You too." I gushed as she left closing the door behind her. I quickly turned to face Maddie. "I really am sorry for just showing up like this. It's just that a lot of things have happened and I wanted to ask you a few questions. But I didn't think it would be right to talk over the phone so-"

"Okay, Scarlett." Maddie laughed, "I understand."

My eyes travelled around Maddie's apartment. "I like what you've done to the place."

"Thank you." She smiled. "Come sit down." She said pointing towards the kitchen, where Lacey and I were previously sitting in.

"Lacey seems very sweet." I mumbled looking over towards her direction. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you, Scarlett." She had a warm smile on her lips. "As weird as this sounds I thought that I would never get over you." She laughed but I couldn't bring myself to laugh along with her. I already felt awful about myself enough as it is. Maddie saw the expression on my face and frowned. "Oh, please don't feel bad. I knew there was no way you could have liked me back."

"I wanted to talk to you about Jace." I said quickly changing the subject. Maddie nodded her head, giving me her full attention. "It's a long story but basically, I found out that Jace knew who I was when I was Blair Edwards, which makes no sense."

Maddie stayed quiet for a few seconds. She didn't say anything or even look surprised. "I figured." She sighed. "I should have told you but it wasn't my secret to tell."

I could understand what Maddie was saying. She didn't want to mess anything up between Jace and I. "What do you mean?" I tiled my head at her.

"Remember that big party I had?" She asked, "That one right after school finished?" I nodded my head in acknowledgement and she continued. "I had never introduced any of you to each other so I was confused when Jace said he knew who you were." She explained, "Late that night after everyone left Jace was drunk, and he just told me everything. He said that he knew who you were because he heard me talking about you once and then he saw you at that party. But he never went up to you because he knew that you had a boyfriend. He said that he thought you were really pretty and he couldn't stop thinking about you."

I was completely confused at this point. "So, you knew after I left exactly where I would be? That's how you found me right?"

Maddie shook her head at me. "No. Not exactly. Jace was really drunk that night. The next morning I was going to call him but I didn't think he would honestly remember telling me all of that. And of course I wasn't going to tell you that my cousin likes you when you were already dealing with a lot." She explained, "After court when you suddenly left- it took me awhile but I finally remembered that you told me if you ever left you would go to Redwood High. Then I also remembered that Jace went to that school and maybe he had found you after all. So I went to his house and even though you had brown hair and you looked different I instantly knew it was you. I couldn't believe that you were actually there."

"Did you ever talk to Jace about that night, when he told you about me?"

"No." Maddie shook her head. "I can say that I honestly forget he ever told me all that. But I did one day try and ask him if he knew who you really were, and when I said Blair Edwards something in his eyes flashed but he said he had no idea what I was talking about. He said that he only knew you as Scarlett Everwood and he was so shocked to hear that you used to be my best friend Blair Edwards and he had no idea how he never noticed you from before."

I sighed still in confusion. I really don't understand why Jace didn't just tell Maddie. "He lied to you too?" I questioned.

She shrugged. "I was pretty drunk that night of the party as well so I thought that I made everything up. He really seemed like he didn't know who you were." I just sat there because I really didn't know what to make out this whole thing. "Scarlett. . ." Maddie said slowly and I looked up at her. "I really don't think you should balme Jace for this. He was probably just so confused and honestly scared. He didn't know what to do or how to even how to tell you."

---

After I had left Maddie's place here I was sitting on my bed eyeing Jace's diary. I really did not want to read another word in it but Jace told me too this time. What other choice did I have? I picked it up slowly skipping to the last page.

There has been an accident. Today strangely I ended up in the hospital. The doctors told me that some old man found me on the street and he had brought me in. They said that I hit my head but I have no idea what happened earlier today. The doctors said that I also have scrambling. Which means that when I hit my head my brain somehow pushed away old and useless memories away so that I could make new ones. That doesn't mean that they are all completely gone though. Everything will eventually come back to me. I didn't want to worry dad or Katie so I called Blake and he came to pick me up. I don't even want to read what I've written in this diary because I want to forget. I need to move on with my life and therefore this is the last entry I'll ever write in this diary. My mind fogy is better for everyone.

~Sincerely J.W

I dropped the diary out of my hand as a gasp left me lips.

---

Hey guys sorry if you're so confused everything will make sense in the next chapter ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 6.2K 51
Nataly, the innocent looking girl with a sad past, needs to stop grieving and start living again after losing her twin sister. But it's hard to do so...
15.1M 302K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
1.5M 39.8K 47
Ella used to always be in the shadows shy, and lets people walk over her ,and treat her badly, but an incident happened which changed her , leavin...
207K 3.5K 41
Willow Clarke has newly turned 18. Straight A student, good girl, she's pretty much planned her whole life out down to the smallest of details, with...