The New Girl

By GleeForever213

This is the first book in the 'New Girl' series! I'm not good at summaries so here is the disclaimer. Disclai... More

The New Girl
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Authors Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Christmas Break Part 1
Christmas Break Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Sequel Info!

Chapter 25

1.5K 46 5
By GleeForever213

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Third Person POV

Everyone was in the choir room except for Brenda, Sam, Laura and Melody. Mr. Schue came in and asked,

"Where's Brenda, Sam, Melody and Laura?" Everyone shrugged.

"I'll call him if you want, Mr. Schue." Finn said. Mr. Schue nodded. Finn got his phone out and called Sam's phone. He put it on speaker and it rang a few times before he answered.

"Hello?" He sounded tired and in pain.

"Dude, where the hell are you?" Puck yelled into the phone.

"Damn Puck, why you yelling in the phone?"

"Because we want to know where you are!"

"The hospital."

"Why are you at the hospital Sam?" Mercedes asked. There was a loud groan in the background."And what was that?" Sam sighed and said,

"Mama's in labor. She woke us up around 3 this morning and we've been up ever since. Dad is in California with T.J and Barney. He said that he's on his way back but I don't know when he'll be here. Brenda and I are up here with her and the twins are at home with Donna."

"Well that's good right? That she's having the baby?"

"I guess. I mean, I can't wait until she's born but I feel like absolute crap right now."

"What do you mean, Sam?" Artie asked.

"Well, my mom is like, crushing my hand right now, I'm tired, my throat hurts, my nose is stuffy and I have a killer headache. Brenda's not feeling to good either so I told her to take a nap, which I don't know how she's sleeping through the grunting and groaning." There was a muffled 'Shut the fuck up Sam.' in the back ground.

"Yeah, we're not on the best of terms right now."

"Damn straight we're not. Mary, I'll be right back."

"And she just left."

"Well, we're gonna get back to practice. We hope you feel better Sam, and tell your mom we wish her the best of luck."

"Thanks and I will. Bye."

"Bye!" Everyone chorused.Finn hung up the phone.

"That was interesting. I wonder what they're fighting about." Everyone shrugged and they went back to practicing.

With Sam and Mary at the hospital after the phone call.

"Why are you two fighting?" Mary asked Sam after the epidural started working and she finally let go of his hand.

"I don't even remember. I think I accidentally sneezed on her or coughed on her or something and she got pissed, even though I apologized." He said.

"Do you have a cold? It sounds like you're talking out of your nose."

"I don't know. I feel like crap though. I have a headache, I'm tired, my throat hurts, my nose is stuffed."

"Why don't you go lay down Sam? I'm gonna try to take a nap. I know you're tired."

"I don't want to sleep and you not to be able to."

"Sam." She said strictly. "Lay down, now." His eyes widened and did as she asked. He tried to get comfortable on the hard couch. Despite being uncomfortable, he fell asleep, only to be woken up by his girlfriend when she came back into the hospital room five minutes later. She had a water bottle and a couple of pills in her hand. He squinted up at her.

"I may be pissed at you right now, but I still love you so here." She handed him the pills and the water bottle.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Now scoot over, I'm laying down with you since I'm cold." He scooted over and she snuggled up to him. Sam looked over at his mom, who was now asleep. He heard sniffling and looked down at Brenda. She had her face buried in his chest but he could tell she was crying. He started playing with her hair.

"What's wrong?" 

"I'm sorry." She cried quietly.

"For what?"

"I'm being a bitch for something you didn't mean to do. And I cussed at you and you're sick!" He hugged her tightly.

"It's okay, I'm not worried about it. And you don't feel good either."

"Yeah, but I'm not sick. It's a uh, girl thing."

"Ew." She snorted.

"Yeah, so if I'm being a bitch then you know why."

"Okay, but I don't really want to think about...that right now." She giggled. "Hey, what time is it?"

"It's 7:27 why?"

"We've been up for like, 16 hours. And we only got three hours of sleep."

"Uh, don't make me think about it." He laughed. They soon fell asleep. They didn't wake up for about four hours, when there was a knock on the door. Sam and Brenda sat up and looked at Mary, who was sitting up in the bed, griping the bars on each side of the bed. Sam jumped up and went over to her, where she gripped the hand he was holding out to her.

"Lets see how many centimeters you've dilated." The nurse checked and then frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"You still haven't dilated from when we last checked a couple of hours ago." She called another nurse in. "We're going to have to take you in for a C-section. We will go get a doctor and then come back and tell you how long you'll have to wait." Then they left. Mary looked at Sam, who was just staring at the wall.

"Sam, are you okay?" He didn't answer. Brenda snapped her fingers in his face.

"Huh, what? Yeah, I'm fine. Just worried that's all."

"I'll be okay. Can you do me a favor though?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Will you braid my hair for me?" Sam nodded. She scooted up a bit and he sat behind her. He braided her hair and then let her lean against him.

TIME SKIP

11:55

They took Mary back to deliver the baby about thirty minutes ago and Sam had to tell his dad about the C-section. He told Sam that he was going to get on a plane instead of driving, like he was already doing. Brenda watched as Sam hung up the phone and bit his lip. He always bites his lip. Mostly when he's stressed, about to cry, worried or in pain.

"Are you okay Sam?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just worried, that's all." They turned when they heard a door open and the doctor came in.

"Evans?" Brenda and Sam, stood up.

"Are they okay?"

"Both mother and daughter are perfectly fine. Though,the baby wasn't breathing when she was born, she is breathing fine and she is kind of small. You two can go see them now." They looked at each other and nearly ran through the door. They went down the hall and found the room. The door was slightly open so Sam knocked and then opened the door. Mary smiled when she saw Sam. She was holding a small bundle which was moving around a lot.

"Hey."

"Hey, do you want to hold her?" Mary asked her son. He nodded and gently took her into his arms. He pulled back the blanket a bit so he could see her lips. He laughed.

"She has lips like me."

"Yep, you and her are the only ones that have lips like that."

"God, I'm most definitely gonna need a shot gun." Sandy cooed at him. He put his finger on her bottom lip and then she started sucking on his finger. "She's cute. And really small."

"Yeah,she weighs 5 Lbs, 7 ounces and is 15 inches long. She weighs more than you did. You weighed 3 Lbs, 7 ounces and were 20 inches long."

"Wow, I didn't know that. Oh, and dad said that he would be here as fast as he could." She nodded. Sam gave Brenda the baby and she started cooing at her.

"Her eyes are so big! She looks just like her big brother!" Brenda nudged Sam.

"Ha ha, yeah. She sure does." Mary said, smiling at them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 307 30
This is the fourth book in 'The New Girl' series. I hope you guys like it! DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters, or songs, I just own the pl...
14.8K 186 14
This is a collection of one-shots that could all exist in the world of glee. So nothing from the original show has changed; these are just how I imag...
17.2K 185 25
"As time passes, I realize that I actually really love you" [working on rewriting some chapters :D] [ꜱᴀᴍ ᴇᴠᴀɴꜱ] ☻ [glee] [completed] ☹︎ [book...
416K 8K 54
𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐄 𝐗 𝐎𝐂 ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ "indecisive feeling of enjoyment. hold the thought, i think i need a moment. ━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━ in which a always happy blonde...