Lightweight. | ✔

By Chanella_writes

[UNEDITED STORY] "If you're like me, then when you fall...you fall hard, and its almost impossible to get bac... More

Lightweight.
Main Characters Inspiration
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
To The Seeker
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
After Lightweight
Editing Announcement, New Book

Chapter Eighteen

2.1K 125 23
By Chanella_writes

I left Kyle's house in a sour mood and I'm pretty convinced he recognised that. I just couldn't understand why he couldn't be straight with me. It really hurts to know that your own boyfriend doesn't trust you.

However, despite knowing I was upset with him, he still demanded to be there tonight and I didn't bother to argue with him. I just hope he'll keep his word and stay out of sight.

My father was just leaving when I got home. He was dressed causally and excitement was glinting in his eyes, as if he had something to look forward to.

"Hey dad, what time will you be back?" I'd ask.

He'd grabbed up the vans keys and briefly looked at me before opening the front door. "Not sure darling, don't wait up though. And ensure to go paint." he'd hurriedly respond and just like that, he left.

I guess I'll find out where he's going in the next couple minutes.

I texted Jackson my address then proceeded to get ready. I was a fashionista and my mind was completely blank as to what the proper attire would be for a club, so I decided to stay on the safe side. I opted for a pair of dark jeans, a dark blue crop top and my black ankle boots.

I brushed my hair down and just as I was applying some Chapstick, my door bell rang. My anxiety immediately spiked and I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

It's just Jackson, Lyla. You see him everyday.

I reached for my black jacket and phone, then quickly rushed down the stairs. I frowned in annoyance when he kept pressing on the door bell repeatedly.

"Someone is impatient," I deadpanned, opening the door.

A smirk grew on his face and his orbs scanned me from head to toe. "I was nervous...You look nice Lyla." he complimented.

I forced a smile, closing my front door. "Thanks, you too Jackson." I responded truthfully.

I was used to seeing him in his leather jackets and ripped jeans outside of school. However tonight, he opted for straight dark jeans and a long sleeve, navy shirt. It was a different look for the jock.

"It's going to be an interesting night." he states. I glanced at him curiously but before I could ask him what he meant, my eyes zeroed in on the black motorcycle parked along the curb of my yard.

My eyes widen in fright. "We're taking your motorcycle." I said shakily.

He chuckled. "Its all I have. My folks may have money, but I don't. Not everyone is as rich as your perfect boyfriend." he says hoping unto the machine without a trace of worry.

I swallowed the bundle of anxiety rising in me and slowly took the helmet he was shoving towards me. "I've never ridden one of these before." I admitted.

He smirks. "It's simple...Just hold onto me and don't let me go."

I did exactly as he commanded. The pub he mentioned was only fifteen minutes away but it felt like a lifetime before we got there. I was convinced I crushed his shirt at the force in which I gripped him. I've never felt more awkward in my entire life. Oddly however, apart of me enjoyed the feeling...

He'd smirked at me when I quickly jumped off the motorcycle and I blushed embarrassingly. He did feel pretty good though...

"This is a well known pub for the middle aged," he says, securing his helmet on his bike.

I fixed my hair and studied the area. The parking lot was quite large and had lots of vans and old beat up trucks parked outside. I even spotted my dad's van too.

The pub was a rectangular shaped place with 80s music blasting inside. There wasn't a bouncer outside, just an open door showing the crowded state of inside. A couple metal trash cans were outside towards the right of the place.

I raised my brows in surprise. "Wow, if it's for middle age men, then how did you and Jared end up here?" I enquired.

This didn't seem like the spot rich boys would go to.

"Well there's a club on the street behind it. It was full one night and we needed something harsh, so this place was the next option." he explained, sitting against his bike.

I tilted my head in question. "Aren't we going inside now?" I asked anxiously.

He nibbled on his bottom lip and narrowed his eyes at me. Almost suspiciously. "Where's Kyle?"

I flushed and began to figet with my fingers. "What do you mean?"

He scoffed. "Do I look stupid?"

I glared at him angrily. "Thats why you didn't text me the address. You knew he was going to be here." I accused. He totally played me.

He smirks and stood straight, staring into my eyes. "Exactly. Now, I suggest you shut your phone off before I change my mind."

I signed. "Jackson what's the big deal-"

"Lyla this won't be an easy night for the both of us. And I don't want any interruptions. So please." he interrupted. A pleading look dawn in his eyes and I felt shocked at it. I felt awful knowing Kyle will be waiting up for me but I was fishing for answers and was so close at getting them.

I sighed in defeat. "At least let me tell him I'm still alive first." I urged and he nods reluctantly.

I sent Kyle a quick text telling him the plan changed and that I'll call him later, before following Jackson's orders and shutting the device off. I pushed it into my back pocket and then put my jacket on.

"Alright...Let's go." I demand turning in the direction of the a pub.

The old fashioned music began to be drowned out by the hollars of what seems to be drunk men shouting, as we approached. Jackson moved in front of me as we came to the entrance and his rough hands grabbed mines protectively.

My heart skipped a beat at the contact and I began to question what the hell I was allowing Jackson to do.

Relax, he's just protecting you.

I exhaled and stick close to him as we entered the pub. The noise was almost defening at first, and my eyes could barely focus on one thing.

Jackson pulled me to the quietest and less crowded corner in the building. It was close by the large bartender counter and I sat on the empty stool while he stood in front me like a shield.

I scoffed. "Anyone here would think you're my boyfriend." I comment.

He smiled down at me. "That can be arranged."

My heart accelerated at his response and I met his teasing eyes in shock. He was flirting with me..."I have a boyfriend Jackson."

"I haven't forgotten...How much do you trust him?" he enquired.

I frowned. "As much as how a girlfriend should."

He hummed then briefly scanned the pub before looking at me again. "Alright well, I know you're the one who help out your old man from time to time Lyla." he admits.

I raised by brows. "How do you know that?"

"I spotted you a couple times giving paintings to some curly hair dude downtown. So I put one and one together." he explained.

"How does that relate to why we're here?" I enquired.

"Because it'll explain why I see the need to show you what your old man does with your hard earned money..." he trails off, then stepped away from before me.

I looked at the section of the pub he'd blocked with his body and I felt my heart crashed to the floor and an overwhelming anger brewing in me.

In plain sight, I saw my father with three other men, playing some form of poker and my father was throwing down the highest amount of money on the table.

He was gambling out my savings.

Weeeellllll.....It's about to go down.........

Haha, thoughts?

-With Love, Chan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 311 10
You and Kyle have been friends on internet for 3 months now but never showed eachother your faces or real names for privacy and stuffs , his online n...
10.2K 570 52
When all hope is lost, what can one do? What happens when someone you love changes and becomes the person you most fear? Do you hide? Do you speak up...
193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
744 125 49
Dear diary, Life isn't like the Disney fairy tales, with the lost slipper and hell of a cute prince charming. Life is bittersweet, cruel and hurtful...