The Devil Next Door

By Sian2468

"Go away you stupid asshole!" I said in a firm whisper as I remembered my mum and dad were just in the next r... More

Chapter 1//pencils are for writing, not throwing
Chapter 2//89 likes & 17 comments
Chapter 3//The Revenge Plan
Chapter 4// Big News
Chapter 5// Milkshakes & Chips
Chapter 7// Island Party
Chapter 8// Eggs & Bacon
Chapter 9// Guess Who
Chapter 10// Childish Games
Chapter 11// Stalking Secrets
Chapter 12// Boyfriends & Girlfriends
Chapter 13// One Big Mess
Chapter 14// Halloween Special
Chapter 15// Tired Eyes and Whispered Words
Chapter 16// Breaking up
Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing
Chapter 18// Park Romantics
Chapter 19// Leaving Takana Island
Chapter 20//She's So Beautuful
Final Authors Note
Sequel Preview

Chapter 6// Leaving Home Behind

8.8K 301 102
By Sian2468

Authors note: Ok, here's the next installment of 'TDND' (that looks weird but, eh) Hope you are all enjoying it and let me know if you are 'cause I love to hear feedback :D Later guys :P

Chapter 6//leaving home behind

Emily P.O.V

I lift my suitcase off the bed and carry it downstairs to the front door. My Mum hurries around like a headless chicken as the rest of us casually file outside to load up the car. I look across next door where the Coopers' are doing the same.

I restrain tears as I see my best friend coming down the sidewalk towards my house.

Be strong Emily. It's only four months. You can live without her for that long. Most importantly, don't let Seb see you cry.

She jogged up my driveway before leaping to hug me. I stumbled until my back hit the car.

"Ouch." I said quietly. Tori ignored it and hugged me tighter. I hugged her back. Her lacy white top stuck to her warm skin and her hair flowed gently down her back. She pulled away slowly, taking my hands in her own. Her eyes were sad but her mouth smiled, trying to be happy for me.

"C'mon T, this is ridiculous. It's only four months. We can do this. Ill Email you and everything." I said, trying to convince myself as much as her.

"Your totally right." she said, her eyes brightening, "And i'll tell you all the gossip from school so you're updated when you get back."

I smiled widely and pulled her in for another hug.

"I have to go, I'm suppose to be going to my Dad's house for 'breakfast'." Tori rolled her eyes.

"Ok. Have fun while I'm gone."

"I will. Have fun on your holiday."

"Thanks. Bye Tori." I whimpered.

"Bye Emily." She softly replied.

And after another hug, she left. I stood there in silence while my family locked up the house.

"Getting all emotional are we?" A deep voice said behind me, making me jump.

"Go away Seb." I said flatly.

"Now don't get upset Em," he said casually, slinging an arm over my shoulder. I folded my arms in annoyance. "Look on the bright side, you get to spend the four months with me instead." He smiled. I shrugged his arm off me.

"So where are all your friends who are going to miss you so dearly?" I asked him snappishly.

"I seen them last night actually. We went out to party." he replied confidently.

"Sebastian lets go!" His father called from their driveway.

"Catch ya' at the airport Sweetheart." he smirked before turning and jogging back to his house. I got into our own car with red cheeks and looked up at our house I wouldn't see for four months.

"Bye house." my brother said beside me in the back seat.

"Yeah, bye house." I repeated, flashing George a smile.

*****

Guess who I was seated next to on the plane.

Mr. Annoying, A.k.a, Sebastian Cooper.

"Can you take me to the bakery? 'Cause I want a cutiepie like you." He said to me. Thats about the 20th pickup line and we've only been on the plane for half an hour.

"If you were a burger at McDonald's, you would be the McGeorgous." He continued.

One more and I will snap his neck.

No. Remember Emily, good thoughts. Holidays are for fun, not worrying about that stupid idiot.

"If you were a booger......"

I almost stopped him here but I was grossly interested to see where he went with this.

"... I would pick you first." He finished.

"Ok Seb. Game over now. You have had your fun. Now please let me listen to music in peace." I said calmly, getting out my earphones. He chuckled in defeat and turned to look out his small window.

Finally. Some time to do what I want to do without being interup......

"So what you listening to?" Seb piped up again.

"Boom Clap by Charli XCX." I replied blankly.

"Never heard it." he said, reaching for the earphone dangling next to me. He put it in his ear and listened with me.

"It's from 'The Fault In Our Stars'. You know that new movie with the girl and the guy. It's my favorite song anyway." I describe without detail. I couldn't be bothered explaining it to him.

"Yeah." he says absentmindedly. He takes the earphone out when the song finishes. I put it in as the song plays again. I could listen to this song for ever and ever and not get sick of it. My mum is sitting across the isle from me with Laura. They laugh and chat happily while snacking on biscuits. I slowly shut my eyes and focus on my music.

*****

We touch down on a main island before getting on a ferry to Takana.

I stand up the front of the ferry and admire the beautiful island ahead. It looks even more amazing than I thought it would. Its mainly flat ground but rises to small green mountains towards the back. The beach looks absolutely incredible.

I get all excited as we begin to pull into the docks. Our families both get off and head to the car park.

"Um. We don't have a car." I point out the obvious.

"Well actually we do. My brother said we have an 8 seater four-wheel drive waiting for us." Chris said, rummaging through Laura's handbag. "I just need to find where I wrote down the number plate."

We stood there for 10 minutes with all our luggage until he finally found it and we headed off to find the car. The car park was tiny so we only had to pass 5 cars to find it. We all packed in tightly and drove towards our new home for the next four months. The streets were made of cobblestone and there wasn't really a sidewalk either.

We pulled in the small driveway of a white two story house. It was old-fashioned looking but in an elegant sort of way. We clambered out and followed Chris to the front door. He swung it open and we all hurried in, eager to explore the house. I immediately made a dash for the bedrooms upstairs. I picked one towards the back of the house, right at the end of the corridor. There was another bedroom across the landing which was a bit smaller. My new bedroom smelt clean and untouched. I put my massive suitcase on the single bed and walked over to the window. I couldn't really see much, just a couple of houses.

I finished looking around the room and went out to see where everyone else was. Sebastian had taken the room across from me. Terrific. Not. My brother and Molly were in the room next to me and My parents across from them. Chris and Laura must have the bedroom downstairs.

I sighed loudly with exhaustion. I didn't know what to do with myself. We are here. Now what? Unpacking I guess.

I went back into my room and opened up my suitcase. I took clothes out and put them in the set of draws then hung up some dresses and jackets in the wardrobe.

"Emily, why don't you and Sebastian go for a walk down to the beach or something. It'll be good to get some fresh air after being on the plane." my mother spoke to me from the bedroom door.

I sighed again before getting up and going downstairs.

"Lets go Seb!" I called back into the house from the front door.

He came jogging down the stairs in some camo shorts and a plain white t-shirt that showed off his muscular arms. He followed me outside and onto the stone road. There wasn't really any traffic, so the streets were quiet.

"We goin to the beach, Angel?" Seb asked casually strolling next to me. My cheeks flushed red at that unexpected remark.

"I guess so." I turned my head away.

"Why are you so gloomy? We are on holiday"

"I'm not. It just hasn't sunk in that I'm actually here, with you." I replied, looking down and scuffing my black canvas slip-ons.

"Aww, I'm happy to be here with you too!" Sebastian joked.

I rolled my eyes. We turned a corner and I could see the beach straight down the road in front of us. It looked amazing. We both picked up the pace until we reached the boardwalk that separated the road from the sand. A beachy coffee shop was connected to the boardwalk on the road side.

"You want a drink?" Seb asked, noticing me staring at the small cafe.

I nodded yes and we began walking over there. I followed Seb in and he went off to get drinks while I found a place to sit. I scanned the room and found no empty tables. I saw there was an outdoor eating deck and decided to make my way out there. Just as I turned my body, another one came crashing down on me. I hit the wooden floor with a thump. The body on top of me scrambled off and I sat up, rubbing my sore back.

"I am so so sorry." A deep voice said, holding out a hand to help me up.

I looked up and saw a blonde haired boy about my age looking down at me. I took his hand and rose to my feet.

"Are you alright?" he questioned worriedly, searching my face for any signs of pain.

"I'm fine, really. I just hurt my back a little," I said, looking into his blue eyes.

"Ok. You sure?" he asked again sweetly.

I smiled. "Yes, I'm all good."

"Ok. Sorry again. Bye." he added, before ducking around me and out the door.

I re-adjusted myself and continued to the outdoor eating area. Seb joined me minutes later.

"The service here is a little slow." He commented, sliding me an orange & mango juice across the table. I nodded in thanks and took a sip.

"So who was that guy you were talking to?" He asked, curiousness in his eyes.

"I dunno. He just knocked me over by accident." I replied casually.

"You ok?" he inquired.

I just nodded again in response as I took another sip of the delicious drink.

"The view here is nice." Seb starts, trying to make conversation from the silence.

"Yeah it's beautiful," I say, watching the waves kiss the sand as they go in and out. The umbrella attached to the top of the table couldn't protect us from the powerful evening sun that shone across the beach. I looked over at Seb, who was looking out at the sunset. The lighting made his strong jaw and cheekbones stand out. His brown hair that was before spiked up, is now slanted to the side. He turns to me suddenly with big eyes.

"Should we go?" I say, getting up before Seb can answer. My face feels hot all of the sudden and I don't know why.

The cafe has emptied out now and the workers are cleaning up. We must have been here longer than I thought. I begin making my way home with Seb a few steps behind. I tuck my hands in the pockets of my 'Boyfriend jeans' and slow down a bit, just taking in the sights. The other houses all look pretty much the same. Some are bigger than others but they have the same sort of style. It reminds me of somewhere like England or maybe Italy. Don't ask me why.

I finally reach our holiday house and go inside. Our parents are all seated around the kitchen bench talking and laughing loudly. I go over and hear Seb come in the door behind me.

"How was the walk?" Laura asks.

"Good. The beach is lovely." I reply.

"That's good. We we're all just going to go out for tea tonight since we don't have much food in the house. Is that ok?"

"Fine with me."

"Me too," adds Sebastian.

I leave and head upstairs. I look into Molly and George's room as i pass by and they are playing with stuffed toys together on the floor. When I get into my room, I realize something amazing.

Me and Seb just spent about an hour together and he wasn't even annoying. I didn't even have to use any of my great comebacks or witty remarks.

I put a hand to my aching head. I must be going insane. There is definitely something in the air around here that makes people act different. I collapsed on the bed with a head full of confusion. I could already tell that this holiday was going to change everything.

--------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4.9K 45
""Kitten, you're worried about something, and you cannae lie. You're picking at your hands and looking around to clean up my room. Unlucky for you, m...
237 7 34
"Hey, who are you?" I could tell he wasn't trying to scare him off while still trying to establish the fact that we could hurt him if we wanted to. "...
66 59 54
"What are these feelings you're talking about?!" he questions still yelling. "That I fucking like you, Daniella Jamie Grey!" I yell. "And I fucking...
1.2K 35 23
My life turned upside down when I was 13 My father was murder right in front of my eyes by his own brother My mother betrayed me and my father When...