Quiet Summer

demuuree द्वारा

Shizuka Nara (Shikamaru's older sister) was sent on an ANBU mission with her team to help a neighboring natio... अधिक

Arriving Home
Run in with Old Friends
Troublesome
Decision Made
Sensei
Breaking the News
Team Assigned
Meeting The Teams part I
Meeting The Teams part II
Meeting The Teams part III
The Missions
Journey to the Land of Waves
The Forest of Chakra
Battle on the Bridge
The Demon in the Snow
The Chunnin Exams
The Chunnin Exams Begin
The Forest of Death
Narrowing the Field
A Shadow in Darkness
Jiraya Returns
A Flower Full of Hope: Part 1
A Flower Full of Hope : Part 2
The Evil Hand Revealed
The Final Rounds
Zero Motivation

The Assassin of the Mist!

3.3K 72 9
demuuree द्वारा

     After the attack, we quickly headed towards the foggy shore where we boarded a motorboat which we were rowing by hand. I decided that I can talk to Kakashi about Naruto later as soon as we were in Tazuna's house.

     "This fog is so thick," Sakura warily began, "you can't see anything."

     "The bridge isn't far now. Our destination is just ahead, the land of waves." Kaji informed us as he continued on rowing the boat.

     Almost as soon as he had stated that an unfinished bridge broke through the fog coming to view. Relief washed over me knowing we would be on land soon because the little boat didn't seem very sturdy to me and as much as I hate to admit it I don't know how to swim. I never even tried to learn how because my chakra control is pretty good so I could just walk over the water.

     "Wow!" Naruto exclaimed as he leaned his body forward shaking the boat in the process. By instinct, I gripped on to the closest sturdy thing near me which so happened to be Kakashi. "It's huge!"

     "H-hey I told you to be quiet. Why do you think we are traveling in the fog," Kaji whispered harshly towards Naruto because of his actions. "We're trying to remain unseen. We'll be in serious trouble if we get caught."

     Kakashi slowly unraveled my arms from around his torso and placed his hand on the small of my back as a way of comfort. All in the meanwhile Naruto as a result of his lecture held in his breath, too afraid to even make a sound now.

     Before we got off on the dock Kakashi began asking Tazuna why there were people following and trying to assassin him. Tazuna then went on to explain that in fact, it was Gato who was after him.

     "Yes it's true Gato is a businessman," Tazuna began, "but below the surface, he has ninja helping him with his drug trafficking. He came to the land of waves a year ago and took over our transportation and shipping. When the bridge that will connect us to the land is complete it will break the control he has on us."

     "So since your the bridge builder, you're standing in his way..." Sakura began fitting all the pieces together.

     "That means that the guys who we fought in the forest were working for Gato," Sasuke finished off with a thoughtful expression on his face as well.

     "I don't understand why you hid the fact that you had ninja after you if you knew Gato would send them," Kakashi questioned as he sent Tazuna curious eyes.

     "The land of waves is a small and poor nation," Tazuna finally began to confess, "I can't afford to pay for an A or B ranked mission."

     "Right," Kakashi replied as we continued with our journey. Turning my attention to the jounin next to me I couldn't help but notice a worried face etched on his face.

     No doubt he's probably thinking that the next attacker they'll send will be someone with more experience...

----

     We were currently waking through a path in the forest and everything seemed to be pretty calm... we'll expect for Naruto. Not wanting Sasuke to take the spotlight this time around Naruto has decided to be extra 'observant' of our surroundings.

     "Over there!" Naruto exclaimed before releasing a kunai in said direction putting everyone on alert. "Eh, it was just a mouse."

     "A mouse? Ya, right you were just wanting to show off!" Sakura hissed at him still pretty shaken up from what happened. "There was nothing there!"

     "Naruto," Kakashi lectured, "those are kunai knives. They're dangerous and shouldn't be thrown out so recklessly."

     "Hey brat stop trying to scare me!" Tazuna snapped fuming.

     "Hey is someone hiding over there?" Naruto began ignoring us all while ones again scanning the place. "No they're there... wait no there."

     'Wait a minute... there is another presence here. Behind us...'

     "Wait no it's over there!" Naruto exclaimed while throwing yet another kunai towards the direction the other presence was coming from.

     "Okay, that's it Naruto!" Sakura snapped while throwing a punch at him.

     "Someone really is targeting us!" Naruto whined while holding on to his head.

     Kakashi gave me a quick nod before heading towards the direction the kunai went to see if Naruto did hit anything. Looking over his shoulder I saw a white rabbit frozen stiff from fear.

     'White fur? It's not even winter...'

     "Naruto," Sakura ones again lectured him, "look what you did! It's a rabbit!"

     "Ah, I'm so sorry!" Naruto cried to the rabbit holding him up against his chest. "I didn't mean it little rabbit in so sorry!"

     Something didn't quite seem right so while the three genins and Tazuna were busy observing the snow rabbit Kakashi and I kept a watchful eye.

     'The rabbit was used as a replacement in a substitution jutsu... that means that the enemy is already here.'

     "Watch out!" I warned as a slicing sound came over our heads the second we ducked.

The sword swished over our heads stabbing the trunk of a tree next to us. Kakashi and I quickly stood up from our position on the ground putting up a defensive stance in front of the team. Not even a second later did a shirtless man with matching wrist and leg warmers land on the handle of the sword with his back turned towards us.

     'Wait his appearance matched perfectly with the one of...'

"Well well," Kakashi began approaching the man, "if it isn't Zabuza Momochi the rogue ninja from the village hidden in the mist."

'I knew it! Why is a ninja-like him working under Gato!?'

Naruto clearly did not sense the rise of tension as he tried rushing in after Zabuza only to be stopped by Kakashi.

"Naruto stay back Zabuza isn't someone to be taken lightly," Kakashi lectured as he kept a watchful eye on Zabuza. "He isn't like the other ninja-like before...," Kakashi continued as he slowly brought his hand up to his headband ready to uncover his Sharingan eye.

"I'm assuming you're Kakashi the Sharingan user," Zabuza spoke shocking everyone excluding me with his statement. Sasuke especially seemed to become more warily of Kakashi since he isn't an Uchiha.

"Quick!" Kakashi spoke breaking the silence as he revealed his Sharingan, "get into Manji formation."

"I'm feeling quite honored to be able to witness the Sharingan in action. What's the name they refer to you in the bingo book as?..." Zabuza 'questioned' teasingly with a smirk on his lips. "Kakashi the copy ninja was it?"

"Protect Tazuna and stay out of this fight!" I exclaimed interrupting Zabuza not wanting him to feel like he had control of the situation. I've heard too many stories of this man in front of me for me to know that his a serious threat.

"Huh I don't seem to know who you are," Zabuza commented towards me matching my glare.

"It's not of importance," I answered back with a slight smirk, "and quite frankly I'll like to keep it that way."

"A feisty one I see," Zabuza responded with his own smirk playing on his lips. "Anyway enough talking I need to exterminate the old man... but I seemed like I'll have to get through both of you first."

Quick and steadily the fog around us grew thicker limiting our vision. 'He's trying to restrict the Sharingan's source of power...'

"Eight points," Zabuza's gravelly voice broke through the silence. "The larynx, spine, lungs, liver, jugular, the subclavian artery, the kidney, and the heart. Which vulnerable spot would be my kill point?"

Quickly Kakashi released a lightning shock that cleared up the forming fog around us. Turning my head back to see the genin dread-filled inside of me as I saw the three genins consumed with terror. Sasuke especially who was even shaking in fear...

"Sasuke!" Kakashi called out noticing as well the state of shock he was in. "Calm down I promise to protect you all with my life," he began as he turned back to give the team his signature closed eye smile. "I will not allow my comrades to get killed."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," ones again the taunting voice of Zabuza spoke as he came for a quick attack.

Quickly not having to much time to think I jumped right behind Zabuza as he jumped in between the group and I pierced my kunai into his abdomen. Noticing water drip onto my hands instead of the familiar crimson blood I knew that this was a water clone.

"Sensei behind you!" Naruto called out as the water clone finished dissolving in my hands.

"Die!" Zabuza's voice rang through my ears as Kakashi jumped in front of me getting sliced by Zabuza's sword.

For a quick second shock filled my body until I felt the cool water drip onto my face. 'Kakashi you baka...'

Zabuza's shocked face broke into my view as Kakashi's water clone finished up dissolving. The real Kakashi then appeared behind Zabuza holding up a kunai to his neck preventing him from any attacks.

"It's over," Kakashi informed him as I performed the shadow neck binding technique to restraint Zabuza's movements.

A low chuckle then came from Zabuza shocking Kakashi and I. 'What are you planning?'

"Finished? Your technique is nothing but an imitation!" Tazuna exclaimed outraged. "I'll never be defeated by a mere copy..."

In a flash, my binging technique came undone as I was ones again fooled by a water clone! The real Zabuza appeared behind Kakashi as he swung his sword ones again missing our heads by a mere inch...

~~~~
     Hello wonderful readers! I know I'm a week late... or is it two? Anyways the reason it took longer than expected is that I was trying to write out the fight scene and I just jet getting stuck on not wanting Shizuka to seem weak but also not wanting her to get in the way of Naruto's and Sasuke's moments... Anywho I decided to skip the fighting scene and in the next chapter, you will see the characters after the fight.
     Ones again thank you for taking the time to read my book! Please remember to leave comments! I would love to know where you guys see the direction of this book going!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Konoha's Loss Sarah Ta द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

155K 4.1K 20
Sakura is the strongest Anbu Captain of all anbu history. Her life was perfect in her way of view. A life wanted by many anbus. She has broken the re...
2.2M 73.6K 61
[ NarutoVarious x Reader ] [Reader is Naruto's sister ] __________ *original naruto plot gets skipped alot* 《 A story in which two clumsy ninjas find...
5K 440 74
After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left behind, even if it meant leaving teammates...
68.4K 1.2K 52
You're the daughter of kakashi hatake. Everything was good and fine in your life, nothing new until your dad decides he wants you to meet his team...