(3/5) RTTE Seasons 3 & 4 (AMD...

By MeganGS98

The next seasons have come and the plans are getting more serious by the attacks on the Dragon Hunters. Will... More

Enemy of my Enemy
Plan to Action
Buffalord Soldier
Time Out
Stryke Out
Training the Dragons
Snoggletog
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
The Search for a Father
Viggo's Exile
Discussing the Mundr
The Marriage
The Day After Marriage
Last Auction Heroes
The Honeymoon (Mature Content)
Defenders of the Wing, Part 1
Defenders of the Wing, Part 2
Midnight Scrum
Dire Straits
The Longest Day
Metal Madness
Gold Rush
Twintuition
Plot against the Lead
Shellshocked, part 1
Shellshocked part 2
Going Home

Ann's Birthday Party

230 8 3
By MeganGS98

After arriving back on Hunter Island, Ann went to the tent to get some stuff so she could be alone and do something she loves when burned out of anger. Draw the environment combined with her own fantasies. Grabbing pencils and her notebook, she got to her favourite place on the shore. A higher piece of ground above the ocean, staring out to the silent horizon. 

Giving a scratch every now and then to her dragon and staring back at the ocean again made her wonder about many things. Things that are already easy to answer, but also those which need time to be answered.

By the time Viggo returned to the island, he immediately went to look for his beloved Ann. He found her not that far from the training fields. She was practicing her arching. Viggo noticed she had missed most of her arrows. "DAAAH!" She yelled out of frustration. He came standing behind her and pointed her arms in the right direction at the last time. Yaks eye! 

She turned around and saw him standing with that grin of his. "What do you want?" She turned her back to him. He stepped closer and held his hands gently on her waist. "I want to make things right. I know I keep making the same mistakes time and time again, but please, nothing of this is yet again your fault. I still need to learn to listen to your intuition. You know exactly when we will be stopped by the Riders, while I keep on going with my own plan, making you the victim of my actions. Please forgive me." He held her chin up and saw a tear running down her cheek. He came closer to her and kissed it away. The salty taste of that tear made him, once again, realise how much she got hurt.

After sharing a look, they knew from each other that the emotions were mutual. She pulled him into the loving kiss they always shared together and held each other tight. "Come." He whispered and took her back to their tent.

Four weeks have been flying by like it was nothing and Ann received a Terror Mail from her father.

Hello sweetheart,
I know this letter might come in a bit abrupt, but there is something I want to celebrate with you after the years I have missed you so much. Your birthday. I wish to see your shining smile on this special day again. A day in which I was happy and lucky to receive you as my daughter. Please take Viggo, Ryker and Havòk with you to our beautiful island of Muzona and we will make it a day with great festivities. I hope to hear from you soon. And see you even sooner.
Love, Dad

"I missed you too, daddy." She whispered as she read the letter and let a tear flow down her cheek again. Precisely at that time, Viggo stepped in and saw the tear run over her cheek. "What is it, baby?" He walked up to her, took her in his arms and rubbed the tear away. "It's my dad. He sent me a letter and he wants to see me." She rested her head on his shoulder. He supported his on her head and pulled her in closer. "Can I see that letter?" He asked softly. 

She gave it and while he read it, he understood why she cried that little bit. "Hey, if you want to go, then we will go immediately." He kissed her forehead and she nodded. "Then I will prepare a ship." He smiled at her.

(Optional, play song)

They sailed for a few hours and arrived in Muzona with dusk coming to the island. Welcomed by Steve and the other islanders, Ann felt home in their enthusiasm, joy and happiness. "Welcome, my daughter." Steve hugged his daughter tight. "Tomorrow will be all about you." He looked her in the eyes, then turned his gaze back to Viggo and Ryker. 

He greeted them with a warm heart, calling them his sons. "Why are you calling us both son?" Ryker asked confused. "Because of what happened last time you two saw them. I know that they disowned both of you and you don't deserve that. We are one family on this island. Family of my daughter is family of mine. If she sees you as her brother, then I should see you as my son." Steve explained with a wide smile. "Come. Let's eat." Steve walked off and everyone followed. The evening was filled with laughter, delicious food, many stories and a couple of songs.

As the night fell and Viggo and Ann were in bed, they couldn't stop each other from loving each other more and more. Kissing and rolling through the bed made both of them laugh in their frolicking around. It became pretty late when they finally fell asleep.

Viggo surprised Ann by getting out of bed early and make her breakfast on bed. "What is this?" She asked pretty sleepy when he shook her awake. "Your favourite. Enjoy, baby." He kissed her forehead. "Happy birthday." He whispered as he left her alone in the bedroom to eat her soft boiled egg with some salt, pepper and something she just cannot ever figure out what Viggo did. Whatever it was, it is always delicious.

She got out of bed and walked out of the house, towards the others who were patiently waiting for her. "Ann!" Leonora ran towards her and gave her a big hug. Maybe a bit too tight as Ann had all the air squeezed out of her lungs. "Okay, Leo. It's okay now." Ann said to this over enthusiastic girl. 

"Sorry, Ann. But we are all happy to have you here on your birthday again. Celebrating yours is always so much fun!" Leonora said to her and left Ann laughing slightly. "Alright then. Come on, I think everyone is waiting for me." She winked to her friend. 

They sat down at the table standing under a tree, giving nice shade against the sun. Some more people walked up to her and hugs were given by many, as well as birthday wishes.

Ryker was one of the first to get to Ann. "Happy birthday, sis." He smiled to her as he let go of her. "Thank you." She returned the favour to him. "Twenty-four now, right? A young lady that blooms in life now." He laughed a bit. "Well, easy there. You know just as I do how difficult times were for me when I came to Hunter Island." She bumped with her elbow in his side. 

"Yep. You really struggled there, but luckily someone was there to give you the right attention to get over those fears. And that wasn't me." He held his arm over her shoulders, pulling her into a hug from the back. "And through time, I really began to love you as my little sister." He whispered in her ear. She held on to his hands and leaned in with her head to cuddle with him, making him chuckle.

Spending a few hours with each other, the Muzonians were getting to giving Ann their gifts. "My turn now!" Jake yelled out over the crowds and ran forward to his sister. 

Giving her a big hug, he gave her a small box containing some sort of glove. "A glove? Why one and why so thick?" Ann was confused about it. "Just try it on!" Jake jumped around. "Okay, okay. Calm down." She said. She took on the glove and it had some sort of extra space to keep something in. "Okay, now shake your hand once. And a good shake, like you always do to me when you 'sneeze' water in my face." Jake instructed and everyone laughed at it. "You really did that?" Ryker asked her. "Do you have any idea how funny that can be?" She countered back at him. 

She shook her hand and from the hand palm side a crossbow came out of the extra compartment. "Wow. Cool!" "Thanks. Made it myself!" Jake couldn't hold still anymore and gave her fitting sized arrows. "Try it out!" Leonora nudged her in the side. "Alright. Give me a target." "The tip of the water well." Her father said and she shot an arrow yaks eye. "This will be a great weapon in combat. Maybe as an extra as well." She kept on looking over the glove. 

"Alright. It is time for you to take it off and put it down." Steve said to her. "Okay, but how do I fold this in?" She asked Jake. He showed her with a quick move. "Okay, I know that now." Ann smiled and turned to her father who had his gift for her ready. "Claws? For Soren?" "Yes, sweetheart. Those are battle claws for him. I thought it would be a nice addition to your weaponry, if you need him by your side in combat." He handed them over and Ann tried them on on Soren's feet. 

They fitted perfectly and looked razor sharp. "Now you are ready to help me out." She smiled at her naughty looking owl. "And the reason why the glove is so thick is because Soren can sit on your arm when needed. I asked Jake to make that adjustment."

The more time went by, the more amazing gifts Ann got. She got a little music box and a horn from Ryker, which she once saw on the Northern Markets and didn't have enough money to buy it back then. Havòk gave her some new parchment and very good pencils to draw with. Leonora had been so kind to make her a pan flute and a recorder, a sort of flute which is made of sheen bone from a sheep. 

Sitting behind her, Viggo gave Ann a necklace and bound it around her neck. She felt it and noticed this necklace was not just any necklace. "Where did you get this?" She asked bewildered. "I found it in all the debris when we were looking through your house, the first time we came here. I kept it in my pocket and let it be repaired as it was badly damaged. I meant to give it back to you, but I needed to find the right time for it. I thought this was a good moment." Viggo explained to her. 

"Do you have any idea what this necklace means to me? This belonged to my mother!" A tear welled up in her eyes, thinking back to her mother. "Dad, take it. I can't keep this. It belonged to mom and she belonged to you." She softly cried out. "No, sweetheart. It looks beautiful on you and seeing you wear it makes me see your mother in you. Did you know I gave it to her when we got betrothed?" Steve calmed her down and hugged her tight again. "What?" She looked up and he nodded to her. "Please, keep it. I know your mother would think the exact same thing if she saw you with it." He said with tears in his own.

She turned back to her husband to hug and kiss him. "Thank you, baby. But really, you didn't need to give me anything." "Are you crazy? You deserve to have this!" He smiled at her. "That's not what I meant. You have already given me something more beautiful than this necklace." "What do you mean?" He asked her and looked questionable at her. 

She grabbed his hand and laid it on her belly. "Are you..?" She nodded to him and he couldn't hold back. People cheered for them in happiness and joy. They were expecting another baby! 

They held each other close and locked eyes at the feeling of love and the thought of becoming parents again. "Congratulations, you two." Steve smiled at them. People congratulated them with the fantastic news. They now had two things to celebrate for the rest of the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 174 15
One-shots based around the 10-year gap in How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - from when the dragons leave to when the Haddock family meet To...
45K 725 21
I promised myself I'd never make one of these books, but here we are. *CHARACTERS AND EVENTS REFERRED TO IN THIS STORY ARE CREDITED TO DREAMWORKS* *A...
100K 3.4K 73
Ever since Melia the Merciful was born she has always been a friend to dragons. To Melia, their roars and growls are no different to the Norse speech...
97.4K 2.4K 59
what would happen if monster hunters very own crimson comet crash landed in the Barbarick archipelago? find out in this story!!! (None of the humans...