Tru To Da Game

By EbonyGoddess

After serving a three year bid, Truth "Tru" Shakur is finally free and ready to get back in the game. But eve... More

"FREE MAN" - CHAPTER 1
"THE SALON" - CHAPTER 2
"GAME OVER?" - CHAPTER 3
"DIRTY ANGELS" - CHAPTER 4
"BABY MOMMA" - CHAPTER 5
"THE BEGINNING" - CHAPTER 6
"July 4TH" - CHAPTER 7
"SOMETHING NEW" - CHAPTER 8
"DOZEN ROSES" - CHAPTER 10
"Bumble Bee " - CHAPTER 12
"Happy Birthday" - CHAPTER 13
"Getting Old" - CHAPTER 14
"Take Heed" - CHAPTER 15
"It's Complicated" - CHAPTER 16
"All Along" - CHAPTER 17
"Déjà Vu" - CHAPTER 18
"The End" - CHAPTER 19

"Family Time" - CHAPTER 11

59.9K 2.6K 1K
By EbonyGoddess

A U T H O R N O T E: All Rights Reserved.

                                                              "Family Time" - CHAPTER 11

Kandi moaned softly as she slowly started to open her eyes. After her eyes adjust to the brightness she quickly sat up knowing she wasn't in her room.

She looked around the red and black colored room before looking down at an arm wrapped loosely around her waist, she slowly looked over at a knockout Kendrick that was slightly snoring.

"What the hell happened last night." Kandi mumbled as she started to rub her forehead from the headache she could feel coming on.

All she could remember was taking some jello shots and then Kendrick carrying her out the club, she looked down to see she still had on her outfit from last night.

Kandi squeezed her legs together trying to stop the pee that wanted to come out badly, she slowly removed his arm from around her and hopped out the bed making her towards the bathroom.

After she quickly used the bathroom, she decided to try and find the kitchen to surprise him with breakfast in bed.

Kandi had no clue where she was going as she turned right and started to make her way down the long cream colored hallway.

Kandi knew she was lost when she came to a dead end, but what caught her attention was all photos plastered on the wall.

Smiling, she first looked at Kendrick's baby photos with his mother, her eyes slowly looked up to photos of his teenage years, but her smile slowly started to fade as she stared at the same lifeless eyes that sometimes she still haunts her in her dreams.

"Hey," Kendrick said, softly coming up behind her.

"Oh shit!" Kandi screamed, surprised.

"My bad," Kendrick said, as he wrapped his arm around her waist and placed his chin on her shoulder.

"Boy, you can't just be walking up on people like that." Kandi replied as she tried to get her heart under control.

"You didn't hear me calling your name?" he inquired.

"No." she answered, shaking her head slightly.

"Why you down here?" he questioned as he started to look at the photos.

"I was trying to find the kitchen." she answered. "I was trying to surprise you with breakfast in bed."

"Oh," he said, and stood quite for a minute before he pointed to a photo of him and another boy. "That's my-well was my big brother, Kareem."

"What happened to him?" Kandi questioned, playing dumb.

"He was killed." Kendrick answered, bluntly. "The crazy thing is the doctor told us he didn't die right away, he just bled to death. If only I would've gotten to him a few minutes earlier he would still be alive today."

Kandi stood quiet for a moment, then asked. "Did the cops find the person?"

"Naw, damn pigs ain't find shit. They didn't have any evidence or witness so it turned into a cold case. But best believe I'ma find that muthafucka' and make him die a slow death like my brother did." he spat, angrily as his grip on her tighten a little.

Kandi swallowed hard as she felt herself about to throw up, she knew this had to be some sort of sick twisted karma. Kandi kept thinking back to that night and knew if she didn't kill him, he was definitely going to kill her and Truth.

Kendrick was in his own thoughts thinking of seeing if anyone came up any new information on his brother, if only he knew that the person he was holding was the same person that took his brother's life.

Kandi cleared her throat feeling like the walls was closing in around her.

"Oh, my bad I must've zoned out." Kendrick apologized as he took his chin off her shoulder. "Let me show you where the kitchen is."

Kandi gave him a faint smile as he intertwined their fingers together and led her to the kitchen.

"I'll make you something to eat," Kendrick said, as they entered the kitchen and he let go of her hand.

"Okay," she replied, softly as she took a seat on one of the stools.

"I'm going to make you my famous omelet." he told her as he went to the fridge.

"It's not gonna kill me right?" Kandi joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Naw, but it might make you fall in love with me," he responded as he looked over his shoulder and winked at her.

"Boy plea-" A phone running broke their moment.

"Hold on, I'll be right back," Kendrick said as he raced out the kitchen.

Kandi nodded her head as she taped her fingers against the island counter.

A few minutes later she saw him come back dressed in a white button down shirt, jeans, and Christian Lobution shoes, with her hells and purse in hand.

"I'm sorry, but we gotta cut this short. I forget that my mom planned a little get together for my family." he explained as he gave her, her purse and heels.

"It's cool." Kandi said, knowing she was a little happy inside because she was still in shook over her discovery. "What time is it?"

Kendrick looked down at his all gold Rolex before he answered. "About to be one."

Kandi quickly put her hells back on before she took her out phone and saw that she had no missed calls or texts.

"Or" he said, dragging out the word.

"Or?" Kandi repeated as she raised her eyebrow looking at him.

"Or you can come with me." he replied, smiling.

Kandi shook her head. "I can't go to your mother house with this on."

"We can stop by your house and you can quickly change." he suggested

"I don't know..." Kandi said, hesitant.

"C'mon, it'll be fun I promise." Kendrick assured her.

"Okay," she sighed giving in. She really did want to spend more time with him even thought she knew her ass probably should be running in the opposite direction to get as far away from him. "You sure your mom is gonna be okay with you bringing some random girl to her house."

"Yeah," Kendrick said as they walked out his house. "I already told her I was bringing you."

Kandi look at him in disbelief as he started to laugh.

They hopped into his dark grey Range Rover, they pulled up into her driveway thirty minutes later.

"Give me like fifteen mintues, " Kandi said, before she hopped out the car and started to make her way towards her house.

She opened her front door and locked it behind her once she was inside and make her way to her room.

Kicking off her heels, and placing her bag on the bed before she walked to her dresser and pulled out a flower pattern maxi dress.

Kandi hurried and took her clothes off before she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and take a bird bath. Once she was finished, she put on fresh underwear and slipped on the dress, matching it with pink studded Jimmy Choo sandals, and decided to redo her messy bun.

Kandi took everything out her clutch and placed it back in her pink Michael Kors tote handbag, she made sure she had everything before she made her way back outside her house.

"That was fast." Kendrick commented as she hopped back in and started to drive off.

Twenty mintues later they pulled to in front of his mother house and Kandi could already hear the music bumping.

Kandi nibbled lightly on her bottom lip as she sat in the car and watched Kendrick jog over to open her door.

She slowly stepped out the car and started to smooth out her dress before she took ahold of Kendrick's hand.

Kendrick slammed the passenger side door before he started to lead her up to the house.

They walked inside the house and could hear loud laughter, Kandi firgured out the laughter was coming from two women in the kitchen.

"Ma!" Kendrick said as he walked to the woman and gave her a half hug before he pulled away. Kandi smiled as she watched them and though his mom look like a light skin version of Kelly Rowland.

"Took you long enough!" she playfully, scolded as she hit his arm.

"Ma, this Kandi." Kendrick introduced her.

"Hello, Mrs.." Kandi started as she held her hand out, but then realized she didn't know Kendrick's last name.

"Ms.Roberts, but you can call me June, honey," she said, before she pulled her in a hug.

"Okay," Kandi said, surprised as she returned the hug and the guilt she felt was coming back full force.

"And this right here is my grandma, Nina." Kendrick said once his mother released Kandi.

"Hi!" Kandi said, smiling softly.

"Hey, baby! You know you look just like that singer," Nina said, as she fixed her glasses and snapped her fingers. "What's that chick name."

"Um, K. Michelle?" June said, as she went back to her spot.

"No!" Brina replied as she kept snapping her fingers. "Ciara! She looks just like Ciara."

June sucked her teeth at her mom. "Ciara don't got ass like that, mom."

"Ma!" Kendrick exclaimed, chuckling.

"What?" she replied, innocently. "It's the truth! I wish I had a booty like Kandi."

"Ma!" Kendrick groaned. "That was information I've could've gone with out for the rest of my life."

June laughed before she said, "Whatever. Y'all go enjoy y'all selves! everyone is in the backyard."

Kendrick shook his head as he started to lead Kandi to the backyard.

Kendrick introduced her to everyone and they took to her quick, he left her a quick minute to get something to drink but bumped into his cousin, Prince.

"Waddup, cuz," Kendrick said as he have him some dap.

"Nuttin' much my, nigga," Prince said, before he took a sip of his beer. "I see your ass finally got you a girl."

"Yeah," Kendrick replied, smiling as he watched Kandi play with one of his little cousins.

"Good, cause I was starting to think your ass was gay or something." he told him, chuckling.

"Fuck you!" Kendrick responded, punching him on the arm.

"I never see your ass with a female." he explained.

"The bitches I fucked with wasn't worth seeing." he replied.

"A'ight, I'ma let you go so you can get back to your lady."

Kendrick nodded his head before he gave him some dap and started walking towards Kandi.

"You good?" Kendrick said as he handed her a strawberry wine cooler.

"Yeah," she replied, smiling up at him as she nodded her head to the music.

"You wanna dance?" Kendrick asked as he observed her.

"Naw," Kandi said, shaking her head.

"C'mon!" Kendrick replied as he held his hand out.

Kandi hesitated for a moment before she sat her drink down, taking a hold of his hand and let him lead her to the dance floor.

They joined everyone and started dancing to R.Kelly remix to "Step In The Name Of Love". They was so into each other that they started to forget about the people around them.

Meanwhile, Truth was driving towards his baby momma house. He was tired of not being able to see his son.

Ten minutes later, Truth pulled up in front of Ta'keysha's house and hopped out his car, he banged on the door and a few seconds later a pissed off Ta'keysha answered the door.

"The fuck you doing here, nigga?" Ta'keysha spat as she folded her arms under her chest.

"Here to see my damn son!" he replied.

Ta'keysha sucked her teeth. "Unless your ass got some money for me your ass ain't gonna see no one!"

Truth shook his head annoyed before he pulled out a stack and pulled off five hundred handing it to her.

Ta'keysha eyes got big as she quickly snatched the money out his hands before he changed his mind. "Where you get all that money from?"

"It's none of your damn business, man."

"Mmm-hmm, your ass must be selling again," she said, then started to looked around Truth.

"The fuck you looking for?" Truth questioned, annoyed.

"Your little bitch, she's usually right behind your black ass." she answered.

Truth dismissed her. "Man go ahead with that bullshit. Go get my son."

Ta'keysha sucked her teeth before she said, "Hold on, nigga!"

Truth waited for about five minutes before he saw her coming back to the door with his son behind her.

"Here he go," Ta'keysha said, as she pushed their son in front of her.

Truth gave him a small smile. "You wanna hang with your daddy today?"

"I already have a daddy." Marques blurted out.

Truth looked up at Ta'keysha in disgusted as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Marques, Devin ain't your real daddy and you know that shit," she said as she slapped him in the back of his head. "He's just need time."

Truth shook his head before he looked back down at Marques. "You wanna go to the park for a little bit?"

Marques rubbed the back of his head as he quickly nodded his head up and down.

"A'ight, let's go!" Truth held out his hand and waited for him to grab it before he started to walk back towards his car.

"Bring him back in a hour!" Ta'keysha yelled before she went back in the house.

Truth safely placed him in the back seat before he hopped in the drivers side and drive off.

"Can we get ice cream too?" Marques asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, sure," Truth said as he quickly looked at him the through the inside rearview mirror.

They finally made it to the park a few minutes later, Truth parked aross from it.

Truth hopped out the car first, then got Marques out the car, they entered the park and he watched as his son ran off towards monkey bars.

Truth took a seat on one of the empty black benches and just watched his son play, he was scared to take his eyes off of him cause he ain't need him to go missing.

A few mintues later Marques ran back over towards him.

"Can I get a icy?" Marques asked as he pointed to the icy cart.

"I thought you wanted ice cream."

"I changed my mind." he said, simply as he shrugged his shoulders.

"A'ight." Truth said as he got off the bench and went to the icy cart.

Truth got him the icy and watched as he ran back to the jungle gym, he was caught off guard when something bumped into his chest.

He look down to see it was a pissed off looking female looking back at him.

"Watch where you going! You made me drop my damn icy!" she snapped.

"My bad, ma." Truth said as he looked her body over. "I can buy you another one if you want."

She was surprised he offered to buy her another one. "Um, yeah, thanks."

"Sorry, about going off on you." she said looking up at him as he handed her a new icy.

"It!s cool, but I think you giving me your name would really make up for it." Truth replied, smirking.

She laughed. "A'ight, I see you playa."

They quickly exchanged numbers. "What's your name by the way?"

"Barbie, but everyone calls me Bee." she answered. "You?"

He nodded his head before he answered. "Truth, but everyone calls me Tru."

"A'ight Tru it was nice meeting you, but I gotta go." Bee said as she watched her sister walking towards them. "You betta put my number to use."

"Oh I am." he mumbled to himself as he watched her walk away, he's eyes glued to her ass. Truth should've remember the old saying never trust a big butt and a smile

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77K 3.1K 34
The great James Brown, once said, "This is a man's world! But it would be nothing, nothing! Without a woman or a girl!" And while this may be a man's...
350K 11.9K 32
Jayla grew up depending on her grandmother since her mother was never in her life. When Jayla's grandmother passes, Jayla's father returns to her lif...
30.2K 842 24
Asia was one of the prettiest girls in school. She was extremely smart, she had the best choice of clothing and she could dance any style of dance. ...
1.1K 67 15
After loosing her mother and grandmother and going through traumatic experiences Aaliyah meets KD, her first love they fall in love after he takes...