Second Chance Mate

By AndTheMoonSpoke

Second Chance Mate "I, Spencer Austin Smith, alpha of the Silver Bear Tribe, reject you, Austin Justine Steph... More

Second Chance Mate
A/N: Why?
Prologue: Tomorrow
Chapter One: Torture
Chapter Two: Today Is The Day
Chapter Three: What?
Chapter Four: Permission
Chapter Five: You Want Him!?
Chapter Seven: I'm Here, I'll Always Be Here
Chapter Eight: Finding My Mate
Chapter Nine: The Road Towards Home
Chapter Ten: I Won't Let Anyone Take You Away From Me Austin
Chapter Eleven: Welcome Home
Chapter Twelve: Bonding
Chapter Thirteen: Before We Meet The Pack
Chapter Fourteen: Do You Accept?
Chapter Fifteen: One of Us Now
Chapter Sixteen: I Really Like You
Chapter Seventeen: We Should Talk....
Chapter Eighteen: Apologies Are For The Dead Pt. 1
O_o Chapter Nineteen: Apologies Are For The Dead Pt. 2
Chapter Twenty: Oh Crap, We Forgot Pt. 1
Chapter Twenty One: Oh Crap We Forgot Pt. 2
Chapter Twenty Two: What Shall We Do now?
Chapter Twenty Three: Final Explanations
Chapter Twenty Four: The Battle
A/N: Here's The Stitch
Chapter Twenty Five: Reconstruction Intro Pt. 1
I'm Back

Chapter Six: I Promised Him

23K 960 66
By AndTheMoonSpoke

Chapter Six: I Promised Him

Alpha Jace's P.O.V 

************
RECAP

"S-Stop....J-Jace! J-Jace!!" I managed to yell, falling back against the wall as the door was broken down.

"What the hell!?! Baby!?! What did you do to him you bastard!" I heard Jace yell as he ran over to me.

My vision began to darken as he called my name.

I wanted to answer but I couldn't, my tongue was beginning to swell from me biting on it too many times.

I only managed to say one thing before passing out.

"S-save the pup....g-get him a-away f-from A-Alpha A-Aaron....s-save the pup."
************

*BEFORE COMING FOR AUSTIN*

I was on my way to the bathroom when I heard a whimper and what seemed to be someone calling my name.

I paused and waited for it to sound again.

When I heard nothing I continued to the bathroom. After finishing my buisness and washing my hands, I started heading towards the nursery.

I can't wait to see my Austin again, he's just so adorable.

I don't understand how anyone could hurt him or even think about hurting him. It's just depressing to think that I wasn't there to protect him from these horrible people.

I was right down the hall when I heard a whisper of my name again. I paused, straining my ears for it again.

I took a step and nearly toppled over when I heard the most heart wrenching call.

"S-Stop....J-Jace! J-Jace!!" I ran to the nursery and tried to open the door.

The door was locked so I used all my strength to break the door down.

When I came in, Austin was on the floor, barely conscious and leaning against the wall. He was bleeding from his nose and the left half of his face was swollen.

There was a tiny fist print on his right cheek, but it seemed out of place when compared to the other injuries.

I glared at Alpha Aaron who just stood there with a bandaged pup in his arms and a smirk on his face.

"What the hell!?! Baby!?! What did you do to him you bastard!" I whisper yelled.

I ran over to him and dripped to my knees. I felt silent tears slip down my face as my hands hovered over him.

"Austin!?! Baby please! You can't go to sleep, keep your eyes open for me okay?" I pleaded, but they were in vain as his began to flutter close.

He opened his mouth a couple times, but the only thing that came out was a small whine. From what I could see, his teeth were covered in blood, his gums were blistered in some places, and his tongue was starting to swell rapidly.

He had somehow gained enough energy to speak before  he passed out.

"S-save the pup....g-get him a-away f-from A-Alpha A-Aaron....s-save the pup."

I glanced around, searching for said pup, only to find him clutched in Alpha Aaron's hands.

I slowly stood and stepped towards him.

'Susan, send the pack doctor to my room immediately, I will meet him or her there. Hurry!'

I telepathically sent that to my Beta, as she had accompanied me here.

"Give me the pup. Now." I ordered, using my Alpha voice to influence him.

I was of a higher ranking than he was even though we were both alphas. He fought against my power, but eventually tired himself out.

He clenched his jaw and threw the pup towards me. I caught the poor thing midair before anything dire could happen.

He whined a bit, but calmed down when he realized I wasn't going to hurt him.

"Leave my sight, and hurry up about it. Don't make me change my mind." I growled at Alpha Aaron, disgust was all I felt towards this....'man'.

"Who do you think you are!?! This is my territory! You can't tell me what to d-" He ranted, but I wasn't having any of that.

I took a step towards him and forced him on his knees in front of me. He tried to struggle, but he only achieved popping the veins out of the side of his neck.

"I am your elder and you will treat me as so. We had a deal, we signed a contract. You breached our contract when you put your hands on him. This alliance is over, I will not be contacting you anymore unless necessary."

I paused to let him mull over my words before continuing on.

"I will be taking Austin and this poor pup, if he wishes, with me when I leave tomorrow night. Is that understood young Alpha Aaron."

When he didn't answer, I let out a feral growl. He simply nodded his head and neared his neck to me.

"We will continue this conversation layer tonight, right now I have someone to take care of."

That said, I carefully placed the pup on Austin's chest and gently picked them up. I made my way to the door, only then allowing Alpha Aaron to stand.

I carefully left that wretched place and jogged back to my room, trying my best not to jostle him too much. He was still very injured and he'd lost too much blood.

I clambered up the stairs and stormed into my room. I gently placed Austin on the bed and picked up the pup.

I turned and found Susan standing beside another female, who I'm assuming is the pack doctor.

I looked at her name tag and got down to business.

"Emily, fix him." I ordered.

I know it was harsh, but formalities were my last priority at the moment.

I stepped out of the way as she quickly ran over to Austin, trying not to growl when she touched him.

She ran her hand across his nose and he whimpered in pain. I growled at her, causing her to tense.

"Don't hurt him."

She nodded and took out her medical tools and such.

She took what looked to be a pole of some sort attached to a thingy with a thingy on it and put it to his nose.

As you can tell, I'm no where near up to date on doctor's tools.

She put the pole thing in one of his nostrils and set the bottom of it on his chin. She then proceeded to crank the thing and move his nose back into place.

Austin's eyes shot open and he screamed in pain, trying to push the lady off of him.

I saw red as he began to cry out in pain even louder, "what the hell are you doing to him!?! I told you not to hurt him!"

I charged towards her, only to be pulled back by Susan. I glared down at her and tried to push her off.

She got a firm hold of my arm and dragged me out of the room, shutting the door behind us.

"Why'd you pull me out!?! He needs me!" I yelled in her face.

A slight rush of regret washed through me as I saw the hurt in her eyes. I took a slow breath and tried to calm myself.

"You were getting too upset and I didn't want you to hurt her. She's only resetting his nose back into place, she's doing exactly what you told her to do. Not everything is going to be painless." She explained, sympathy in her eyes.

I went to apologize for my outburst when another scream pierced through the air.

My eyes went an icy blue color as I went to storm through the door keeping me from reaching Austin.

Susan ran in front of me and held me up against the wall until the screaming stopped.

The silence didn't last long, his cries of anguish came one after one, tearing an even bigger hole into me.

I slumped against Susan and began to cry.

"Why wasn't I there to help him!?! I promised him that I wouldn't let anyone hurt him and look what happened!? I promised him Susan.... I promised him he would be okay." I cried against her, burying my face into her shoulder.

She just rubbed circles into my back and let me cry. It was in that moment, that I was glad that my little sister was my Beta and not some stranger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 4.9K 22
For 1000 years, a wolf was chained and kept alone as a punishment, without anyone to love him. He grew bitter and bitter, wanting to destroy earth an...
177K 6.9K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
13.7K 692 56
The moon pack lost their Luna eleven years ago and the loss of her still impacts them all. Especially her three children and her mate. As her childr...
1M 24.3K 11
I was almost to the door when I remembered the leather jacket I brought. I turned back to the room and just as I entered the most wonderful smell hit...