Shot Through The Heart (Sho...

By isabellaburhart

"Even if the stars burn out and our world is falling around us, this is me promising I'll never leave you. (Y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 31

4K 149 138
By isabellaburhart

"I was heading towards you with the hope of conquering you. But little did I know you had lost all of yours to someone else." -Sana Rajar

♥♥♥

♪Listening suggestion: Lie To Me by 5 Seconds Of Summer

----------

An hour later, Shoto's dorm. (Y/N)'s POV

     "You know, what's funny is that I can't find anything on the Internet when I search for your agency." Shoto squinted his eyes as he searched various websites on his computer.

     "Yeah, it's just that secret," I said, coming up behind his chair.

     "Or just that illegal," he corrected.

     ". . ." Wait, he thinks it's illegal? The thought never crossed my mind before, but now that I thought of it . . . nothing about it was legal. Oh my gosh . . .

     "Um, Shoto?" I asked.

     "Yes?"

     "Now that you said that, I need to tell you something really important that I didn't tell you yet about the agency. Please don't be mad that I didn't tell you sooner." My heartbeat was actually beginning to accelerate; I was becoming nervous to tell him.

     "(Y/N) why would I be mad? What is it?" He turned his full attention to me.

     "I, uh . . ." I looked down at my feet, unable to focus with his gaze on me.

     I felt his hand on my arm, forcing me to again look into his beautiful eyes. "Hey," he soothed, "just tell me."

     I took a deep breath. "When I was gone for three weeks before the competition, I was in Nagasaki stalking this one guy. I was authorized to track him and follow him only, but then Kaito called and said the boss wanted me to take him in. I didn't hesitate to follow the orders, so I went after him when the time was right. But then when I nearly had him, his quirk got a hold of me and I realized there was nothing I could do to bring him down. That was when I told him who I was and he told me who he was. He was a hero, Shoto. A pro hero."

     Shoto's eyes widened. "They're making you . . . arrest heroes?  What happened after that?"

     "I let him go and just went back to my hotel. But I couldn't just abandon the mission, no matter how wrong I new it was. I'd get punished when I got home. I had to call in an alternate squad, and I assume they took care of it. I didn't want it to happen, but I felt somewhat better knowing I didn't to it."

      He turned to his computer again and typed 'missing heroes' in his search engine. "Which hero was he?"

     "Edgeshot, the Ninja Hero," I answered. "The moment I saw him, I knew I'd seen him somewhere. Now I know I'd seen him on billboards and posters around the city. I was so shocked, after that I've been uneasy and I feel so unsure about everything I do for the agency."

     Shoto scrolled through his search results. "Yeah, a few weeks ago Edgeshot went missing. There's more though . . ."

     What? I sort of expected there to be, but hearing him say that still had me stunned. "Like who?"

     "Air Jet and Fourth Kind. Just yesterday, actually, Ms. Joke also went missing." He leaned back against the back of his chair and positioned his arms behind his head. "What I don't understand is why this isn't plastered all over the news. This isn't even a popular website I found it on."

     "I'm not surprised . . ." I breathed. "The bosses in charge know how to manipulate all kinds of media."

     "We have to do something about this," Shoto spoke. "We can't just watch this happen."

     "I know," I agreed. "I don't know where they keep the people we arrest though, it's a large building. The master computer on the hundred thirty-third level has everything we'll need though, like maps and stuff."

     He swiveled around in his chair so that he faced me. "What if you altered the security cameras? You can do that, right?"

     I stared at him blankly. "Technically . . . yes. But it's more complicated than that. Why, what are you going to do?"

     "I want you to show me this computer," he answered resolutely. "It may be the key to rescuing those heroes . . . and getting you out."

     I thought about it, realizing deep inside that he was right. It would be a such a high risk though. Even if I could turn off some of the security, there was probably far more that I didn't even know about. And if we get caught . . . I shuddered.

     Shoto stood up. "(Y/N)? What do you say? This won't be the time I smuggle you out, I just want to go with you so we can get into this computer and devise a plan. After we do that, we'll set a day and time for me to break you and those heroes out." He placed his hands on my shoulders, noticing I was becoming a little emotional.

     I felt the tension in my chest again, telling me I was on the verge of crying. What did I do to deserve this incredible young man, that shows so much devotion towards me and protects me in this way? He really is going to . . . save me. I felt a single strand of tears fall from my eye. I didn't hesitate to wipe it away.

     "(Y/N)?" he asked, pulling me closer to him. 

     I sniffled and laughed a little. I was excited, scared, and happy all at the same time, but I told him the one I felt most. "Nothing, I'm just . . .happy." I closed the space between us and hugged him tight. "You're really going to get me out, aren't you . . ."

     He hugged me back and buried his head in my shoulder. "Of course I am. That's a promise."

----------

Outside the dorms, Bakugo's POV

     I came down the sidewalk, coming back from the main building. I had to stay after class for a while, and then I could caught up talking to Kirishima. Finally, though, I could shut myself in my room and actually take a look at today's homework.

     I was still confused by the phone call I had not too long ago with (Y/N). I was so freaki'n tired of waiting for an answer, though. I hated bringing it up with her, but it was like she was trying to avoid talking about it. Even more though, I hated that she hung up on me the way she did. It almost made me hurl my phone onto the concrete, just so I could see the glass shatter. Even now, I still felt that way.

     As I approached the dormitory, I noticed Todoroki's window was open. It was the only one open on that floor. It was a little odd, 'cause he almost always had it closed.

     Of course, I had to spy and see what he could be doing. The bastard could be freaki'n mysterious sometimes.

     I saw his back, along with his annoying binary-colored hair. Wait, was he with someone? There were arms holding him around the waist, and obviously they weren't his. They were some girl's. 

     As I continued to watch, I regretted ever stopping to look. I knew who the girl was, as they turned slightly towards the window. Something I'd never felt before suddenly struck me, and I hated how much it made my chest sear. It was like someone ripped my heart out and crushed it so that it was nothing but a dripping, bloody mess.  

     (Y/N) was with Todoroki. Everything made sense now, as much as I hate do admit it. No wonder she didn't know what to say when I kept asking her to date me. No wonder she didn't even want to talk about it. This whole time, ever since the dance or even before, it's been Todoroki. DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT! My mind screamed. I SHOULD'VE SEEN IT BEFORE!!! DAMN YOU, YOU ICY-HOT BASTARD!!!!!

     I couldn't peel my eyes from them for a few moments. The way he held her in his arms, showing her all that love . . . made me feel sick to the gut. I watched as he kissed her slowly, with her kissing him back on the mouth. They did it over and over again.

     I admit, that used to be how I'd imagined (Y/N) and me one day. Not anymore though. That stupid daydream was now vanquished, and I felt like watching her with Todoroki was like gazing upon it's broken pieces, as if they were shattered glass shards. Though I wouldn't tell anyone, not even her, I knew (Y/N) had changed me. I felt different because of her, and I thought that maybe we'd have a future together.  So was all that for nothing? Eventually, I forced myself to look away.

     I stomped to the doorway, and kicked the doorpost hard. It created a sharp pain in my foot, so I screamed out in pain, as well as anger. SO IS THIS WHAT BEING HEARTBROKEN FEELS LIKE?!?! I WISH I'D NEVER MET YOU, (Y/N)!!! Whether I meant those words or not, I wasn't sure. All I knew is that this sucked . . . everything really, really, sucked.

     I entered the building and trudged past the common area, on me way to the stairs and then to my room. I heard Deku's disgusting little voice call out behind me.

     "Kacchan? Something the matter?"

     "LEAVE ME ALONE, DEKU!!!"

----------

(Y/N)'s POV

     Shoto kissed me one last time before pulling away slightly, but our faces were still close enough that our noses still touched. I felt him stroking my hair from behind.

     "I was gonna ask you something," he whispered to me. 

     "What is it?" I answered.

     "Well, I haven't exactly taken you out on a real date."

     The corners of my lips curved up into a smile. I'd been wanting this moment so badly, I was becoming ecstatic inside. "Are you asking me out?"

     He smiled and nodded. "Are you free Friday night?"

     Friday's . . . my birthday. Does he know? I don't remember telling him. "Is there any special occasion?" I hinted.

     "Mikura told me."

     "Oh," I said, laughing. "Yeah," I admitted. "My birthday's on Friday."

     "I was going to save our first date for sometime after I got you out of your assassin business, but I changed my mind." He kissed me on the cheek.

     "I'm glad you changed your mind." Considering that we might not make it out alive trying to escape . . . I mentally added.

     I shoved the worrisome thought aside. I remembered once reading a proverb, that simply stated, "Just enjoy where you are now." Thinking about it, I wrapped my arms around Shoto tighter, holding him so close I could almost feel our hearts beating together. 

      I'm gonna hold onto this moment, because honestly, the present moment is all any of us ever have.

----------

So I thought this was a pretty good chapter. Poor Kacchan . . .

Once again, thank you all for reading this book and for your votes & comments. Hope you still like how this is turning out, I tend to add a lot of stuff to it that I never intended to in hope that it'll enhance the story. Anyways, see you all soon <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 907 22
What if you were making yourself suffer to let him be happy? Y/N L/N is a first year student at UA High, the prestigious academy for heroes-in-traini...
33.5K 1.1K 35
"You know, optimistic fools die early but...I like your confidence so I'll let it slide." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ A broken gi...
88.1K 2.9K 42
แตƒ แตแตƒแต—หขแต˜แตโฑ แต‡แตƒแตแต˜แตแต’แต˜ หฃ สณแต‰แตƒแตˆแต‰สณ - ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ - "๐š†๐š‘๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š•๐š• ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž?" ๐™ฐ ๐š‹๐š•๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šŽ ๐š‹๐š˜๐šข ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š”๐šŽ๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž, ๐šข๐šŽ๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐šŒ...
2.9M 100K 161
"...You can't go through life on your own, just like a hero can't always save the day on their own. Sometimes, they need a bit of help from their fri...