The Unwanted ~ Book 1

By zozocandy4

#64-Fairies 08/03/2018 #45-Fairies 10/02/2018 #17-Fairies 10/18/2018 #19 Supernaturalbeings 08/15/2020 *COMPL... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 ~ Andy
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11~Flare
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 ~ Sky
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 ~ Violet
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 ~ Violet
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 ~ Violet
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 ~ Violet
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 ~ Violet
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 ~ Violet
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 ~ Violet
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 ~ Violet
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 ~ Violet
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 ~ Violet
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 ~ Violet
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue

Chapter 12

18 6 12
By zozocandy4

I trudge through the woods on autopilot, letting my feelings control my movements. I know, in normal situations this would be a very stupid move, but since I'm not normal I can count on my navigation to direct me. This way I won't get lost.

I turn right and find myself face to face with a small mountain. Really? Actually, wait, I take that back. I kinda expected something like this to appear, honestly.

After I ran out from my sparring with The Jerckface, also known as Andy, I was offered to have dinner with Sky and the boys, but I refused. I know they were worried and that they were just being kind, but after what I went through I needed some space. So, choosing to be a nerd, I skipped dinner and made my way over to the library that The Jerckface had mentioned earlier to finish my homework.

However, even after the exhausting day I had I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go on a walk to get some air. Well in this case 'walk' is more like hike.

I'm surprised that I even have any stamina left for this, but I guess anything is better than thinking about The Jerkface. I can feel the sweat pouring down my face and back as I reach a short cliff leading up to the mountain.

I take a second to stop and catch my breath, wiping the sweat out of my eyes. I look up at the cliff and immediately remember that nightmare/dream I had the day my powers were unleashed. I shake my head, clearing it.

There was no way I was going to think about all that when I had come all this way to forget about it. I place my hands and feet in proper holds, beginning to climb up slowly to prevent myself from falling to my death. As I make my way up, I concentrate hard on pushing myself up as my arms and legs begin to ache. I would not let this little cliff be the end of me after what I went through today.

After about half an hour, I reach the top of the cliff and, placing my hands above me on the edge, I use all of my strength to pull myself up unto the top of the mountain where I collapse, breathing hard. As I'm panting trying to regain my breath, I lay down on my back with my arms stretched out like a scene in the movies and stare up at the stars above.

It's pretty late, so all the stars are out in full bloom stretching out one after another across the sky, sparkling as if they were tiny diamonds. My breath gets caught in my throat as I stare, having never seen something so beautiful in my chaotic life before. After a while, I get up, stretching, then make my way over to the edge of the cliff, sitting down and letting my legs swing back and forth.

I lean back and close my eyes to enjoy the peace all around me, but as soon as I close my eyes the image of The Jerckface's cold eyes stains against the darkness behind my eyelids. I sigh. I still don't understand. Why did he change so suddenly? Was it something I did? I thought we were getting along pretty well, considering how bad I am with guys.

Suddenly, my thoughts are interrupted by a sudden scrape as someone falls onto the cliff behind me.

"OUCH!!! That hurt."

I turn my head and find Flare collapsed on the ground, panting. I jump up and walk over to her, giving her my hand to help her stand.

"You know, you guys are just perfect for each other!" She throws her hands up in exasperation as she whisper yells in the quiet night, where you can hear the owls hoot and the wind blow. I give her a questioning look as she places her hands on her hips and glares at me. I know that she's not mad just really annoyed, but I can tell that coming up here may that have been a smart decision on my part.

"I mean seriously! One turns into an automatic jerk robot and the other decides to hike up a mountain and scale up a freaking cliff! What, did you guys hits your heads recently, or have you always been this freaking stupid! You're lucky I'm here to keep you guys in check!" I can tell she's not done yet, but I give her a hug to calm her down.

"I'm sorry Flare! I couldn't sleep after...y'know and I wanted to get some air. Thank you for caring about us. Where would us stupid people be without you?" Flare returns my hug and after a few seconds of silence, we can't hold it in anymore and burst out laughing.

"You know, you guys really are stupid."

"I know." I smile at Flare and she smiles back. We walk over to where I was sitting earlier, and Flare tells me about her chat with The Stupid Jerkface. After hearing his reason for being a jerk, though, The Stupid Jerkface becomes The Stupid Idiot. I just sit there, too shocked to say anything. I don't know wether I should be angry or happy about this. Well, I guess I can be both. Happy because he cares about me, but freaking angry at his method of showing it!

How I feel must be displayed on my face because Flare nods in understanding. "I already told him everything you're thinking, plus a little extra." I raise my eyebrows at the 'a little extra' part. "Don't worry about it." Flare answers and waives her hand dismissively. I laugh.

"Cassidy, I know you guys are getting close and what he did hurt you, but I need you to forgive him when he tries to apologize. He didn't mean any harm." Flare stares at me seriously and I avert my eyes. "Flare, I'm not sure it's that easy." I sigh and look up at the stars. "I may need a couple days. I mean he hurt me both physically and mentally. That's not something that can be forgiven easily."

"I know, that's why I told him to give you a couple days of space, but whether or not he'll actually do that..." She trails off, but knowing Andy, I completely understand where she was going.

"Take as many days as you need, but remember he cares for you and so do the rest of us, okay?" I nod and she nudges me with her shoulder. "That means not brushing us off when you're invited for dinner." I look down guiltily thinking of Sky, Rash and Trace. "I didn't brush them off! I just needed a little space, that's all!" Flare smiles in response.

"Lucky thing you can't brush us off that easily!" Flare and I turn around to see Sky riding on wind with three small bags floating on the air around her. "I asked the kitchen staff to put our dinner in a thermos, one for each of us!"

Sky sends our dinner flying over to us and comes over to sit with us. "I figured neither of you had dinner, right?" She raises an eyebrow at us and that's when, in perfect timing, our stomachs growl. The three of us look at each other, then collapse on the ground laughing.

"So, where are the boys?" Flare asks after we manage to catch our breath.

"With Andy. They said they'd try and pull some pranks together like they used to, figured it would cheer him up." The three of us look at each other and roll our eyes. "Boys." we say in usion.

The three of us enjoy a late dinner under the stars, talking, laughing and, in the process, they got to know more about me, while I got to know more about them.

"Hey guys, look what I got!" Sky holds up a box of chocolate chip cookies.

"Nice!" Flare gives her a thumbs up.

"It's time for dessert!"

"Sky, you're the best!" I say, grabbing a cookie from the box. "I know." Sky smiles, passes a cookie to Flare, then grabs one for herself.

After a while, we make our way back to The Compound, say good night, then head to our separate tents. I head to bed happy with a full stomach and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.
...

The next day I wake up early and head to the bathroom to freshen up. When I come back, Flare hands me some clothes to wear. "Good morning! Here take these, since you're clothes got destroyed. You can keep them." I take the clothes, which turn out to be a yellow plaid shirt and black skinny jeans. "Are you sure I can keep these?"

"Yep, now hurry up and get changed so we can have breakfast with Sky!" My stomach churns as I think about facing Andy in the caf. Flare reads my face. "Hey, don't worry! I already talked to the guys, so there will be no Andy contact!" I exhale relieved and Flare pushes me into my room to get changed.

After breakfast with the girls, Flare drives me to school, and when we arrive I thank her then make my way towards my locker.

I've just barely opened it, when Katie comes crashing into me with a hug. "Katie! What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, Cas! I just wanted to give you a hug that's all!" She smiles up at me and I shake my head. "You're so weird!"

"Hey, we're best friends, so that makes as both weird!"

"You're right about that." All that drama with Andy made me almost forget, but I have an amazing best friend. One who has never hurt me and has always been by my side.

I grab my books from my locker and we start walking to class together. On the way we pass by Andy, who is leaning on a wall, talking to some friends and laughing. "Oh, look Cas!It's Andy! Are you gonna go talk-"

I look away and walk by him at a brisk pace, forcing Katie to jog to catch up to me. "Hey Cas! Wait up!" I slow down so Katie can walk beside me again.

"Why did you walk away from him? Did you guys fight?"

"Look Katie, I'm sorry, but can we just not talk about it? I just can't talk to him right now." Katie looks taken aback for a second, but as expected of my best friend, she doesn't ask anymore questions and nods, smiling. She changes the subject.

"Hey, I hear they're having spaghetti in the caf again! You're favourite!" I roll my eyes and start laughing at her choice of a topic changer as we make our way to English class.

...

Somehow even though he's in every class of mine and sits beside me in all of them, well except English which I am thankful for, I manage to get through the rest of the week without talking to Andy. Though that didn't stop him from passing me a bunch of notes during class, which he shoved into my binder when I didn't take them, and sending me a bunch of text messages everyday. I mean seriously?!

Flare you were right!, I think annoyed. Well, I still haven't read any of these and I did manage to think about everything. I mean he did hurt me, but I agree with Flare saying he's a nice guy. Besides, I didn't even give the guy any time to explain himself. Plus, I may or may not miss having the idiot around, but there's no way I'm telling any one that. I guess I can forgive the guy.

Also, all of this thinking made me realize that the bipairing is in two days from now on Monday. Even though I've had Flare drive me to the woods every afternoon so I can train, I still have no idea how to control my powers.

There's no way I can go to the bipairing if I can't control my powers! From what I heard from Flare and Sky I'm the only biblood of Never Changers this year! What happens if I have to spar someone?!

I sigh and get up deciding to read the messages as well as notes that Andy gave me. As I read each one I end up shaking my head, rolling my eyes and then laughing. It started of with him saying he wants to apologize, then it became a bunch of ridiculous things that only he would write.

That's when I get to the last text messages he sent me yesterday and I immediately feel guilty for ignoring the guy.

Hey Caterpillar I was told to keep my distance, but I can't.

Life's 2 boring when we're not picking on each other ;)

I roll my eyes at this message, but I can't help smiling. Somehow, in two days, us picking on each other became so normal that it feels so empty without it now. Ironic, huh? Since that's what I wanted when I first met the guy.

So, Caterpillar, do u think we can talk already?

I'm just about to send him a reply, asking him to meet up so we can talk, when he sends me three new messages.

Caterpillar 2 make things up to u, and 2 help prepare u for the bipairing, I'll help u control ur powers!

Meet me at that park tmr at 4.

;)

Arggh! Flare must have told him that I've been training to control my powers! Not that I hate the idea of training with him, but this peace was nice while it lasted.

I sigh and laugh, shaking my head. Oh, who am I kidding! It was boring! I quickly type back a reply and head to my brother's room to play video games.

Ok...Wickleberry :p.

Turns out that training wouldn't be as smooth sailing as I'd hoped it will be. Both because of the instructor, and because of my lack of training.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 265 24
When a new girl arrives at the school and causes some memories to form in a young mans mind, he starts to change. She seems similar, but different th...
454 51 40
Cassandra glimpses dark futures every time she closes her eyes. Now, a sorcerer with magic fueled by hate is coming for her family, and old secrets f...
70.1K 4K 30
Aern's only job is to protect the chosen. The trouble is, she's the key to a prophecy and everyone wants her. Hiding a girl in the center of a secret...