The Magic & The Wings. Diaval...

By DarylsCrossbowBolt

Diaval x Reader In this story Maleficent has only the power to curse Aurora, she relies on you for the rest... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19

Part 14

12.2K 305 157
By DarylsCrossbowBolt

"How are you feeling? It's the big day tomorrow, I know I was feeling extremely nervous when I was the bride." Aurora smiles.

"You really know how to make her feel calm don't you." Maleficent laughs.

"I'm more excited than nervous to be honest. I just want to see him."

"No! Not until tomorrow." Aurora shrieks."Trust me. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Imagine how excited he will be tomorrow."

A smile spreads across your pink lips at the thought.

Diaval paces the floor beneath him.

"Would you calm down?" Philip chuckles."You're starting to make me dizzy."

A heavy sigh comes from his lips as he leans against the wooden ledge of the cottages window. His eyes land on the far away castle in the distance.

"Only one thing will calm my nerves."

"No. You are not seeing her tonight. Auroras orders. Bad luck or something."

"Oh, humans and their superstitions. There is only one I agree with and that is never let a black cat cross in front of you. Mostly because cats are evil and they eat ravens like myself. I personally believe cats should be banished into far away lands. It would be wise of you to entertain the idea my king."

"I'll think about it." The king laughs.

"Finally, someone understands."

Diaval sneaks another glance at the illuminated castle before sitting down beside Philip.

"So, how come you ended up here instead of the castle? Don't think me rude by asking, I truly don't mean to make you feel unwelcome."

"Well, Aurora said I was to keep an eye on you and to do so requires me to be here."

They stay up chatting for a while before King Philip falls asleep, this was Diaval's chance.

You watch as Maleficent and Aurora fall a sleep, allowing you your escape. You push open the window and turn into a raven, soreing high into the sky. You fly as fast as you can not taking any notice to where you were going. Just one thing was running through your mind.'I need to see Diaval.'

You glance behind you for only a second before blindly fly into another bird head on. You both come falling to the ground in a bundle of feathers. You turn into your former self and brush the dirt from your black wrap around. That's when you glance at the other bird, mid transformation. You beam at the sight of Diaval and waste no time, pouncing on top of him. "Would it kill you to watch where you're going?" He laughs and holds you close. "I guess we had the same idea, huh?" Diaval whispers into your hair.

"I guess we did." You whisper back, looking up at his face.

"I couldn't go the full day without seeing you. It was killing me."

"Me too."

"We are alone now. No one can keep us apart for a few hours."

He leans down and kisses you slowly at first but then more passionately."I missed you." He mumbles between kisses, his hand resting on the small of your back.

You both ended up lent against a tree, watching the sun rise over the Moors.

Diaval hums a song that Aurora had taught him, his gravely voice making it sound absolutely beautiful. His hand is wrapped around your back, keeping your body close to his own as he traces delicate patterns on your hip. You blink sleepily as the light becomes brighter.

"I should get back," You mumble against his neck."before the others wake up."

Diaval stops humming and stills his hand.

"I don't want this to end." He sighs. "I could sit here forever like this. No interruptions, nobody to bother us. Just you, I and the clouds."

"Me too, but imagine what Aurora will say if she finds out we have seen each other."

Diaval thinks for a minute before sucking in a big breath. "Hmmm, I do believe you're right."

You both stand up and smile. Diaval runs his hands down your arms to your hands and grasps them. "I shall see you soon m'lady." He kisses your cheek and transforms into a raven. You watch him fly into the distance before you teleport yourself back to the castle. Your head hits the pillow as Auroras eyes open.

"Everybody up!" Aurora squeals "Today is the big day!"

Maleficent sits up sleepily.

"Get up (f/n)! Diaval awaits you!" You try to block the young queen out but her shouts just grow louder.

"I'm up! I'm up!" You say holding your hands up in defeat.

Aurora jumps onto your bed and drags your sleep deprived body into a hug.

Aurora has Edgar, her assistant, help you get dressed. Edgar was an elderly man, whom you had grown quite fond of. His sleek grey hair and loving smile reminded you of your father. When he asked who was walking you down the aisle you just shrugged.

"I don't have anyone."

"Well, miss (f/n), if you deem appropriate I would happily be the one to walk you down the aisle."

"You would?"

"If you deem appropriate." He smiles.

"Yes!" You squeak, wrapping your arms around the small man. "Thank you."

"It would be my honor."

He exits the room leaving you alone. You glance one more time at your dress in the mirror before following him out of the bedroom.

Aurora greets you in the castle courtyard along with Maleficent and Edgar.

"Are you ready for surprise number one?" Aurora asks excitedly.

"Surprise number one? You mean there's more?"

"Of course."

You open your mouth to ask what it is until you see a magnificent white horse-drawn carriage entering the gates.

"Oh my god." You breath "It's beautiful."

"I know! It's looks almost as if it were taken straight from a fairy tale does it not?"

"Yes."

"Well, come one then, Diaval awaits." You all pile into the carriage, your dress taking up most of the room.

You watch as the castle disappears out of sight.

You head deep into the Moors where the mist grows thick. "Surprise number two! Diaval told us you love the mist."

"He remembered that?"

"Of course he did. He loves every little thing about you, after all, it's the little things that count." You laugh at the resemblance of Auroras sentence to yours. "What's so funny?" Aurora laughs.

"Sixteen years ago I said the exact same thing to Diaval. "It's the little things that count."

Aurora smiles as she sees the hill on which the ceremony will take place. "We have arrived!"

You step out the carriage and take in your surroundings.

Bottles of fireflies hang from the trees illuminating the misty setting while the sound of birds song and the orchestra fills your ears. You see Diaval at the end of the aisle talking to the vicar and Philip. He looked extremely handsome in his suit with his hair brushed back.Edgar approaches and links his arm through yours.  The crowd of enchanted creatures and human friends all turn to look at you. Diaval's eyes catch yours and a warm, loving smile finds it's way to his lips. You smile and look down blushing before returning his gaze again. You begin walking down the aisle keeping your eyes locked on Diaval's. You reach the front and Edgar sits down. The vicar reads from a book and Diaval takes the opportunity to mouth the words "You look beautiful."

"And you are looking as handsome as ever." You mouth back with a smile.

"No Mr Diaval I do believe you have written your own vows?" The vicar says closing his book. Diaval nods and proceeds to take out a folded piece of paper from his tuxedo pocket.

'Written his own vows?'You think to yourself. 'How?'

Diaval clears his throat. "As many of you already know, I used to be a raven." He starts. "So, I do apologize if I miss read the words that I have written down. I could only write my name a few weeks ago but I wanted to do something special for (f/n) so everyday for the past week I have been sneaking away to the castle to have secret lessons from Aurora and this," he says waving the piece of paper. "Is the final product. So, here it goes. (f/n), the first time I met you I was on deaths doorstep and you saved me. You gave me food when I could not fine any and from that day on I kept coming to your window. The second time we properly met, was again, when I was close to death. You saved me the second time from an angry farmer and his dog by turning me into this form. After that we spent sixteen years together raising young Aurora from a far as if she was our own, with the help of Maleficent of course. I knew from day one that I had fallen for you. I love you (f/n) and I promise I will look after you and our hatching until the day I die because remember," He smiles. "I'm a stubborn bird."

A single tear rolls down your cheek matched with a teary smile.

"And now for (f/n)s vows. I assume you two have wrote your own?"

"No actually, I didn't know we were." You laugh. "But I am more than happy to wing it."

"Wing away." Laughs the vicar.

"Right erm, here we go. When I was born I had no wings. I had never played among the clouds or danced around with the stars but, I never saw it as a problem. Then I met you and Maleficent. You both became my life for sixteen years and quite frankly they were the best years of my life. I still remember when we were sent to find Aurora. I can remember her crying all day because she was hungry so, under the cover of darkness we when to feed her. I teleported in while you tried to climb through the window. You fell remember? Right on your face. You were quite angry at that but, once you had baby Aurora in your arms that all changed. You offered to feed her and you were determined not to put her back in her cradle until the very last second. That's when I knew you were becoming more than just a raven. As time went on our bond grew stronger, and I found myself seeking your company. When Aurora turned sixteen and she had fell into her sleep we all though that we would never see her again we were all heart broken. But when she woke up, out of pure excitement I kissed you for the very first time. Diaval, let me tell you, I had wanted to do that for such a long time. However, only when I almost lost you, did I realize just how much you meant to me. I know you will care for our 'hatching' and I know you will make a lovely father. I love you pretty bird and I think it is safe to say, I have found the wings I was looking for."

Diaval was crying now, small quiet tears. You wipe them away and hug him. The crowd behind you make small 'awww' sounds as Diaval nuzzles his head in the crook of your neck and just stays there. 

"Now, Diaval do you take (f/n) (l/n) to be your wife?"

"I do." He mumbles into your neck before lifting up his head. "I do." He repeats with a warm smile.

"And do you (f/n) (l/n)  take Diaval to be your husband?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." He turns to Diaval and smiles. "You may now kiss the bride."

Diaval wastes no time. He picks you up clumsily and spins you around all the while his lips are pressed to yours. Cheers erupt from the crowd and the orchestra begins playing again. 

Aurora runs towards you and pulls you both into a hug

"Surprise number three!" She smiles "Diaval wrote his own vows!" You just smile because words could not express how you felt.

You head back to the castle for the after party. For some of the creatures that ment the first time they had stepped out of the enchanted forest. Sweet music plays as you and Diaval dance. You look up at him, a smile still plastered on your face. He looks down at you his walk loving smile making your cheeks flush again.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too."

"I can't believe you're actually mine. You're stuck with me now."  He chuckles.

"More like you're stuck with me."

"No one I'd rather be stuck with." He smiles kissing your lips.

You hear Maleficent hit her glass to declare an announcement. "If I could please have everyone's attention!" All the talking stops and all the eyes turn in her direction. "Thank you. Now as you all know or have realized, I have been spending more time at the castle than in the Moors lately. It now looks like it will become a more permanent thing so, I wish to pass the care of the Moors onto Diaval and (f/n). They have stuck by me in the darkest on days and have always remained loyal." Diaval's jaw hang open, as does your own. "I know they will not fail you as they never failed me. So without further a do I want you to welcome your new king and queen of the Moors!"

Cheers and whoops fill the air. 

"What?' Diaval laughs "Did we just become?"

"I think we did." You breath, still shocked.

You and Diaval walk around talking the guests. You try to ignore the human women throwing themselves at Diaval. He didn't realize of course. He was far too innocent to detect the obvious flirting. You laugh to yourself as he smiles and wraps his arms around you and their faces drop into scowls.

"They were nice." Diaval smiles as you walk away.

"Yes they were."  You reply sarcastically.

"Sarcasm?"

"Noooo." You breath. Diaval laughs and kisses your forehead. "I need to step outside for a minute, this dress is making it a little hard to breath."

"Should I come with you?"

"No, I'll be alright. Talk to the guests or something." You smile stroking the patterns near his right eye. "Try not to fall in love with another while I'm gone." He tilt his head enjoying the feel of your finger against his skin. One of the many raven characteristics that shone through to his human form.

"I do believe that is impossible (f/n), my heart belongs to you and you only." He whispers, closing his eye.

"I'm flattered."

"You should be." You both laugh and exchange a kiss before you walk towards the castle door.

You sigh and inhale the fresh air outside. You lean your head against the stone wall of the castle and close your eyes. You hear the shuffling of footsteps coming towards you and a smile crosses your face.

"Diaval I told you, go talk to the guests I'm fine."

"Is that so?" An unfamiliar voice growls. Your eyes fly open just as the shadowed figure brings a heavy object down hard against the side of your head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 1.9K 17
Prince Phillip has vanquished the dragon and saved the princess. But why is Aurora still haunted by Maleficent's face? What if Phillip had lied to he...
32.5K 1.2K 10
Male Maleficent X Female Reader A handsome, pure-hearted young man, Maleficent has an idyllic life growing up in a peaceable forest kingdom with Y/n...
116 28 26
Aurora Valentino: Just recently turned 18. But along with that she has to carry a secret. She is one of the "chosen". She has powers that people lik...
104K 2.2K 33
Right after Maleficent's curse, the three fairys had to take care of Aurora. Not that they were happy with that. It was a mess. That's until Freya st...