Behind The Scenes. {MAX VERST...

By storywriiterx

Melody Peterson is a well-known actress who everyone knows, but at the same time just as normal as any other... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
E P I L O G U E
NEW BOOK

thirteen

5.1K 62 2
By storywriiterx

Melody
- Two days had passed by and I hadn't heard from Daniel and Max, except for a small text they'd sent me.

"Rose I'm going for a walk, I'll be back in an hour!" I yelled towards my best friend who was still laying in bed. "Sure, have fun!" She replied.

I closed the door and made my way outside. My running shoes were already two years old, but I refused buying new ones as these became really special to me and I simply didn't want to replace them. My long brown hair was wrapped up in a ponytail and I wore a sport legging and a shirt. I wasn't wearing any makeup, I actually never did when I was sporting.

Before I started running, I grabbed my phone and took a picture of my legs that pointed out I was busy keeping my body in shape. I hadn't post a photo in a long time, so I thought it'd be a good idea to post one of the pictures I made a few seconds ago.

I put my phone away and put my earphones in. I listened to my favorite song and softly built up the pace. I started running faster and faster, however I still kept my breath under control, something I learned myself once I started running.

I ran through the park and saw many different people. That's what I like most, seeing so many cultures at one spot.

And then my phone rung. I refused to stop walking as I was on my highest level now. I kept running until my body was just broken and sat down on the ground, leaning against a tree. I actually never stopped running, I just lowered the pace when I knew I wouldn't be able to hold on.

But I was curious who'd called me, so I made an exception for once. I looked on my screen and immediately found out it was Max.

I decided to call him back, as I stopped now anyway. I swallowed deeply before pressing on the 'call' button.

- - -

"Hi, Melody?"

"Yes it's me." I briefly responded.

"Can we talk?" His voice sounded desperate and even though I promised myself to keep distance, I felt the guilt burning inside me.

"Depends, why should we talk?" I calmly answered, pretending like I had no idea where this was about.

"Come on, you know about what. You're constantly avoiding me and I'm sick off it. Besides, I want to ask you something."

"Al right, when do you want to talk.. I mean- you're kind of interrupting."

"Am I? Oh sorry I didn't know.. we can talk in half an hour?"

"Well I'm sporting at the moment, but I think I can make it in an hour.. I hope you don't mind if I'm showing up in sporting clothes.."

"No of course not! I'll pick you up in front of the beach, al right?"

"On the side where we were last time?"

"Indeed.."

"Okay, I'll see you."

"Goodbye"

- - -

I reached the place I would meet Max and stopped running. I stretched my legs a bit and waited until Max's car showed up.

"Get in!" Max loudly called. I did what he said and stepped in the car. Max immediately drove away.

"Where are we going?" I asked, a little confused. "I know a beach not far from here, it's empty there and we can talk properly." Max replied without hesitation. "Oh, al right.." I mumbled whilst running my hand through my hair.

"See, we already arrived." Max simply said before turning the engine off. We both got out and I followed him, climbing over some rocks. Then we reached this beautiful small beach Max talked about.

"Oh, wow!" I called out, feeling almost speechless. The sight we had was mesmerizing and I was literally overwhelmed. "It's amazing, isn't it?"

I nodded, sitting down on the sand. Max followed my example and sat down next to me. He turned his face towards me and sighed.

"Can't we be just friends?" He questioned, staring at me.

Okay well, that was a surprise. "Wait, what?" I mumbled. "You brought me all the way here to ask me if we can be friends?"

Max shook his head. "Nope, I wish that was the only thing."

Okay now he'd made me curious.

"Then tell me." I demanded. "Okay well, it's been a little tense between us since the last time we saw each other and I want that to stop." He trailed off, looking straight into my eyes. "We don't have to be best friends, but we can hang out sometimes, right?" He sounded like he was almost begging me to be his friend.

"Max.." I started, not really knowing what to say, "I'm sorry for avoiding you and stuff but I"

Keep Max on a distance.

Don't let him mess with your head.

But my heart told me to become friends with him again. I wouldn't come too close,
I promised myself, but just hanging out with him sometimes had to be possible.

"I really want to be friends, without awkward situations. And I'm sure we can achieve that, I really am."

Max nodded, a slightly smirk appeared on his face. "So we're all good?"

"Yes, but I want to make one rule." I replied, smirking brightly.

"Al right, tell me."

"We're not embarrassed of each other and for each other." I said, "That's what causes the awkward situations so.. no embarrassment."
Max looked at me and nodded. "Alright, deal." We shook hands and both smiled relieved.

After that we just sat there without talking or doing anything, until Max cleared his throat. "You know, now we fixed things between us I thought- maybe you want to come see the Monaco Grand Prix? You can just sit in the paddock and I can get you a headphone and-"

I looked up, a surprised look was plastered on my face as I widened my eyes. "You want me to come to the Monaco Grand Prix?" I repeated, just to be sure. "Yes.. I'd love that, what do you say?" Max looked questioned at me.

"I- I don't know.." I stumbled.

"Come on, you'll love it! Some of my family will show up as well, you can meet them and-"

"Max." I interrupted, giving him a glare. "Okay, sorry- I'll let you talk," he said, forcing a small grin on his face.

"Okay, well, I appreciate the invite but I'm just not sure if it's a good idea, we just fixed things and now with the rumor about us.." I told him, a stern look laced in my eyes. Max sighed deeply and rolled his eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?" I sharply snapped.

"Why the hell do you care, it's your life?"

I briefly placed my head in my hands. "I just don't want to ruin my reputation.." I mumbled softly, sighing again. "I worked for it, so hard."

"Wait, you're saying I'm the one ruining your reputation?" He called out, biting his lip and looking confused at me. "No it's not like that, it's not you it's- I don't know." I claimed.

"You're sure? Because if it's me-"

"It's not you, Max."

I closed my eyes, running my hand through my hair whilst listening to the waves of the ocean. It slowly calmed me down, and I realized Max was right. I can decide myself what I want to do, I don't need to think about what that will do to my reputation, what the consequences will be.

"I do it, I'll come." I said without hesitation. Max looked aside, a little surprised. "You're coming to the race?!" He called out, widening his eyes. "Yes, I'm definitely coming." I confirmed with a slightly smile dancing on my lips.

"What made you change your mind?" Max asked, looking questioned and a little confused. I shrugged my shoulders as I didn't exactly know. "Not sure, just showed up in my mind I guess?" Max chuckled softly and grabbed his phone. "Well, then I'm going to make sure you can sit in the paddock and get your headphone!" He enthusiastically called out.

"Thanks," I softly replied.

"No problem, do you want me to drive you home now, or do you want to stay a little longer?" Max asked, biting his lip as he was waiting for an answer. "Just, a little longer." I briefly replied, still looking over at the beautiful sea right in front of me.

"Alright.." Max softly replied, staring forwards and clearly thinking about something else. He slightly furrowed his eyebrows as he was thinking about something and as soon as he turned around I pretended like I was watching the sea instead of watching him.

- - - - - -

"You're late." Rose exclaimed as soon as I walked in. "Yeah, sorry, wasn't the plan," I apologized, putting a slightly smile on my lips. "Oh you're not gonna get away with this without a very good explanation." She threatened, giving me a warning glare. I lifted my arms up and started chuckling, however I found out Rose wasn't joking.

"Ah relax, Rosie.."

"Stop calling me that, I'm serious."

"Okay, fine. I was just doing my daily run through the park when my phone rang, turned out to be Max. He wanted to meet up and talk about some things which I agreed to and he picked me up, we drove to some empty beach and talked there. That's why I'm late."

Rose raised one of her eyebrows whilst nodding. "Where did you two talk about then?" She asked, still that creepy look on her face. "About our friendship, we have some tense around us sometimes and- well we simply fixed it." I confirmed, giving her a glare full of triumph. "Oh okay, well- I hope things are al right then." She simply said.

"They are, oh and uh- he invited me to come to the Monaco Grand Prix," I quickly told her. "He invited you?" Rose repeated, completely overwhelmed. "Yes he did and he also told me I would meet a few family members." I explained, looking down the ground.

"I don't get you, Melody. Last time you and Max saw each other was far from fun. You avoided him all evening and started talking to Dan instead of Max. I'm sorry to tell you, but that's not okay. Besides, you know I don't really have a connection with Max, I was all alone and drunk. Everyone wants to talk to you and they are all into you, I'm there as well but I have the feeling nobody really likes me." Rose whispered, letting all her frustrations out.

"You're saying you're jealous of me?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows of disbelief.

"Kind of, yeah." Rose answered, looking away from me and blushing slightly.

"1, I already fixed the problems I had with Max. 2, I just talked to Dan because I hadn't talked to him in a long time. 3, nobody is into me. 4, everybody likes you." I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Seems like no reason to be jealous." I winked at my best friend and chuckled.

"You know that's not true, Mel. I'm almost 100% sure Max is into you, you just don't want to see it. And Daniel seems to be interested as well, though he might see you more as a best friend but I don't know about that. Oh, don't forget James who is also in love with you." Rose smirked slightly, counting every boy who apparently is 'into' me.

"I'm not so sure.." I defended myself, not knowing what I could possibly respond to that. "Just remember I told you. However, so you're going to the Monaco Grand Prix as personal guest of Max." Rose exclaimed, almost scoffing it.

"True, but it's maybe better to change the topic now." I slightly smirked at Rose as I didn't want to create a fight between us.

Luckily Rose got it and we started talking about some other things, which was fun, and it finally felt like Rose was my best friend again.

- - - - - -

Today I had watched the Formula One race in Max's paddock. I really enjoyed it, in opposite of what I expected. Yesterday Max had a good qualification but he made a mistake in the race which caused him ending up sixth (these aren't the real results!) and he was definitely not happy with that.

I met Max's sister, although I only spoke to her twice. She seemed to be nice. I also met his mother and she's a lovely person as well.

It was now a few hours after the race and Max drove me home. There was an after party as Daniel ended up first, (real result) but Max didn't stay long. I told him I could also take a cab, but he absolutely wanted to take me home.

"Did you like today?" Max suddenly asked, keeping his eyes on the road in front of him. "Yes, a lot! Too bad it ended this way after such a great start but- yeah shit happens." I mumbled as I didn't really know anything about Formula One, however I still liked it.

"Yeah well, I just have to make sure I will end up higher in the next few races," he simply said, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm sure you'll do great." I said as I wanted him to feel good, apparently he didn't need it. "We'll see."

Max stopped the car in front of my apartment. "So, you're going to the airport tomorrow to pick James up?" He curiously asked which made me nod as a reply. "That was the idea, yes." I softly chuckled.

"May I ask you why?" Max asked, biting his underlip. "I mean, Daniel invited him, not you."

"Yes you're right, but Daniel apparently has something else to do as he asked me if I had time to pick him up." I explained, causing Max to scoff very loud. "I'm sorry Mel, but how are you planning to get there?" He asked, pointing out the fact my car wasn't here in Monaco.

"I rent a car together with Rose." I simply replied. Max briefly looked aside, shaking his head. "Are you sure you want to do it, otherwise we'll figure-"

"Don't worry, it's no big deal.. I'm actually pretty excited to see him again, so.." I shrugged my shoulders and forced a smile, really wanting to believe the words I spoke myself.

"Okay, great. Just uh- I don't know, say 'hi' to him and tell him it comes from me, okay?" Max faked a huge smile on his face and looked aside, facing me. "I'm glad we could hang out without, I don't know, problems?" He told me. I nodded in agreement. "Firstly, I'll do that 'hi' thing," I chuckled softly, "and secondly, I'm glad as well."

"Al right, uh.. I'm not sure when we'll see each other again, although I don't think it'll take too long.. but uh- see you soon."

I blushed slightly and got out the car. "I'm sure it won't take too long, we have to celebrate James is here too." I grinned weakly and grabbed my bag before slamming the door.

Max got out as well to say properly goodbye. I briefly hugged him and he smelt a bit like aftershave, which was really good. "I'm so glad you liked it, oh and thanks for coming!" He chuckled and bumped my shoulder softly.

"Yeah, I'm also glad I liked it, and thanks for inviting me!" I waved briefly and turned around, heading towards my apartment.

- - - - -

I walked in, knowing Rose would be already asleep. I immediately replaced my neat clothes for a pajama and brushed my teeth.

After I'd walked through my whole evening routine, I jumped into bed. I grabbed my phone and decided it was time to post a new Instagram picture, maybe one that pointed out I was at the Monaco Grand Prix and enjoyed it.

I picked a good photo and typed some text under it before I posted it online.

MelodyPeterson: I enjoyed watching @danielricciardo & @maxverstappen1 on the circuit of Monaco today. Thanks for the invite @maxverstappen1 !! #socool #friends #greatday

I didn't take effort to keep an eye on the reactions on the picture I posted, and felt sleep taking over me after a long day.

- - - -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 54 11
Valerie had a really hard childhood. It was normal for her that her father vented his anger on her since her brother left her and she couldn't do any...
27.6K 549 17
Elegant, well-read, polite and never a toe out of line... Neah does exactly as her father wishes her knowing the consequences will be bad if she does...
37.1K 775 26
❝i think i like you best when you're just with me and no one else.❞ formula one fanfic m...
257K 4.9K 18
Allison's boyfriend and father of her child dies in a plane accident. She is left alone with her 3 year old son. When her best friend, Daniel Ricciar...