The Girl Who Never Smiles | ✔️

By ImagineSass_15

{COMPLETED!!!} "She's just a little too scared to get close because everyone who said they'd be there, left."... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 21
TGWNS Playlist
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
1.1K
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Bay's Letter
Epilogue
MUST READ!!
107K views, 4K votes
*Bonus Chapter* Thanksgiving
Bonus Chapters🎉🎉
Bonus Chapter *Asher's POV*

Chapter 20

14.8K 669 35
By ImagineSass_15

"Bay?" a soft voice asks from on the other side of the door. I look over at my plain white door and wonder if I should answer. I am currently nestled in a plush blanket at my window trying not to burst into tears again.

"It's me. Zoe. I know we haven't talked in a bit, but-"

"Come in." I say.

I need to tell her about Aunt Seraphina and Asher.

The knob twists and the door opens revealing Zoe in her pajamas. She walks over to me and sits at the window with me. 

"I'm sorry Mom lashed out on you like that. That wasn't fair. And it was mean."

"Don't apologize for her or about her rather. I don't care." I say and for a minute I actually believe my words, but then that feeling fades and I am left with that same empty, sad feeling.

I care. And it's annoying because I don't deserve how she treats me.

"Uh I also wanted to apologize for not talking to you this past month. I know you don't approve of Asher, but he really has changed. He is good, just like I believed he was. Please give him a chance."

It's now or never.

"Zoe I went to visit Aunt Seraphina this weekend..."

"Oh Ok how was it? It was her birthday, right?"

"Yeah and she had a big birthday surprise."

Okay that was tactless.

Zoe puts out her lip in confusion and I sigh. It's time to just come out with it. 

"I found Asher in bed with Seraphina. They were doing 'it'" I say and trying to be as pg as possible with Zoe because she cringes a lot when thinking about sex

Zoe's eyebrows crease together in confusion. "What are you talking about? Is this an attempt to break me and Asher up because this is a new low, even for you Bay!"

I am trying to help you. Don't yell in my face.

"Zoe, this is the truth. Asher probably won't admit it. Or maybe he will, i don't know nor do I care. All i know is that I found Asher banging our aunt. And they admitted this was not the first time. I wouldn't joke about something like this. I love my aunt. She is my favorite family member. Why would I ruin her image? You know, deep down, it's true."

"He wouldn't. He wouldn't- my aunt. No" Zoe says in disbelief and tears in her eyes as she looks at me. 

I feel bad for her. I really do, but she had it coming. She knew Asher was still sexually involved with other girls other than herself. She didn't care. That's the thing with Zoe. When she loves, she gives it her all. It's like dad leaving didn't affect her at all.

"After everything... he wouldn't." Zoe says and shakes her head. 

"You know deep down that it is true Zo. You need to stop seeing him.....wait. Did he take your virginity?"

"NO! Thank god... i mean. We almost did and I would've,but his phone started to ring and he had to go." Zoe says and tears roll down her face and she looks out the window with a broken look. It's the same look she had on her face when dad left.

"I am sorry for everything I said and did the past month and choosing Asher over you. It was stupid and obviously a mistake. God, I'm an idiot."

Yes, yes you are.

"No, no you're not. You just...got caught up like the rest of them."

"I-uh I need to have a m-minute alone." she sniffles and walks out my room.

I push my glasses up on the bridge of my nose and push my hair to one side and stare up at the ceiling.

Why is life so complicated?

My phone starts ringing next to me and I pick it up. 

Issac wants to facetime with me. I press the answer button and his face then pops up on the screen. He is doing something, but I can see he is sitting on his bed.

"Hello?"

"Yeah? Hold on." he says and he momentarily disappears off the phone. He comes back and he is smiling.

"Hello Bay....with glasses?"

"Yeah..I wear glasses sometimes at night when I am reading." I say and hold up the book I am reading.

"Ahhh the old Charlotte Bronte.." he says and runs his hand through his hair.

"You read Charlotte Bronte?"

" 'I have for the first time found what I can truly love- I have found you.' " Issac quotes Jane Eyre, the book I am currently re-reading by Charlotte Bronte. He sends me a wink and I can't ignore the amount of fluttering happening in the pit of my stomach and I wish it was because of hunger or some other issue. I am impressed that Issac Evans, high school lacrosse star and golden boy, reads these books.

"You, the golden boy, read Jane Eyre?"

"My mom used to read these classical books to me when I was younger, before she died. I read them as well in my early years of high school and the summer before 9th grade."

"So you're smart too?"

"Of course I am smart. Girls love a guy who is smart and handsome. Why do you think you are attracted to me?"

"Attracted to you? HA" I lie feeling a furnace turn on in my cheeks.

"Don't even lie Stewart. We all know you want me." He says with a cocky smirk on his face.

"If I knew you were a cocky asshat, I probably would've punched you in the face when I first met you."

"Oh please. Oh speaking of, do you want to go out with me tomorrow?"

I can't even open my mouth to speak any words. It's like my words are just caught up in my throat and the chaos in my stomach is all I can focus on.

"What?" I croak.

Issac breaks out into a laughing fit and once he sobers up, he has a charming smile on his face.

"What was it again about you not being attracted to me?"

"Shut up!"

"Do you want to go on another adventure tomorrow?"

"Sure? I guess."

"I will drop you home, but you have to change. Let's just say you will be sweating a lot so where something comfortable."

"Are we going hiking again?" I ask already feeling exhausted.

"I'm not telling you. Oh, how is everything? You know Zoe and your aunt? If it makes you feel better, I beat the shit out of Asher today, I mean you did a great job. The cat scratch marks on his face, that's a new one Bay."

"I am very proud of myself. Thank you very much. And I cut off my aunt and i told my sister everything."

"How did she take it?"

"She is broken-hearted. But i knew it would happen. I just feel bad."

"Yeah so do I. I tried telling him that this relationship with Zoe isn't good because he is still sleeping around, but he kept brushing it off."

Issac yawns and then lays down on his bed positioning his phone differently.

"Tired?"

"A little. I fitted in some lacrosse practice today and I am drained. My back hurts like crazy. Some rookie hit the fucking stick in my back."

"You, my friend, need a massage."

"Are you offering?" he smirks and I get up from my window and go to my dresser to fix my hair for bed.

"Do you want it to be?" I ask feeling quite bold today.

"That's up to you Bay."

"Well, I will think about it and give you your answer the next time you have lacrosse practice." I say and position my phone to stand as I fix my hair for bed so I can still talk to Issac.

I fluff up my hair and then part my hair and begin sectioning it and braiding it.

"Cute shirt." Issac says in a drowsy voice.

I look down at my Minnie Mouse shirt and a blush creeps to my face. I ignore Issac and continue doing my hair.

"You should get some sleep. I know you are tired." I say and look at him, his eyes almost closed.

His eyes open and he says, "You look beautiful."

Random

"I bet you say that to all the girls." I say with sass dripping off my words.

"What other girls?" he says in a deep voice and my stomach burst into a fit of flutters and I am sure my face is beet red.

"Goodnight Issac" 

"Goodnight beautiful" he says and then hangs up.

Once I am done with my hair, I walk to my bed and drop myself on it feeling exhausted. I turn off the light and let my eyes close shut. I close off any thoughts that my conscious will want to bombard me with and I let myself slip out of consciousness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8M 609K 43
*Completed* "I just want to know why." I say as I turn over, trying to find his figure through the dark of my room. "Why what?" He asks. "Why you'...
38.4K 1.6K 63
Book 1 of The Fly Series . . . His eyes turn red and his jaw begins to tremble. "I'm toxic. I'm arrogant. I'm awful. What else? I'm a misogynist. A s...
135K 5.9K 26
FORMERLY TITLED "FATUM" Chosen as a Wattpad Featured Story in May 2017 There's a reason high school senior Athena Thorpe spends every available momen...
5K 341 24
WARNING!!! I wrote this when I was 12, so please here that in mind as you continue😂🙏 ----- [COMPLETED] Life is unpredictable; we can all relate to...