Because of you

By pumpkinwrites

Sequel to it's you. Check it out if you haven't read it yet. The stories are linked. More

Recap
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
29.
30.
31.
32.
A/N
33.
34.
35.
36.
NEXT BOOK

28.

1K 52 21
By pumpkinwrites

Jinyoung

I blinked, stunned by his question. He knelt there patiently in front of me, waiting while holding out a ring.

The ring sparkled, under the dance studio lights, sending rainbows everywhere. It's so pretty.

"I've gotten permission. From everyone. If that's what you're worried about" he continued, his tone even while he looked at me with a small smile on his face. His puppy eyes stared into mine, showing me how nervous he actually was.

I couldn't help the tears that streamed down my face, my heart swelled, overflowing with the love I felt for him.

"It's not that darling. I just didn't expect it. Yes. Of course yes. It would be an honour. You're more than enough, you're everything I could ever hoped for" I cried, reaching out for him. I tugged him up to me while I used the back of my other hand to wipe my tears.

Jackson smiled, slipping the ring onto my finger. I held my hand up to my face, staring at the ring in shock still. The ring fitted perfectly on my fourth finger, glinting when it caught the light.

"I hope you like it... it's actually my family ring and I had it adjusted to your size" he explained, smiling while interlacing our fingers. He swung our hands back and forth, unable to keep the pride out of his voice.

I bobbed my head up and down as I sobbed, unable to respond, the tears flowing in a constant stream. I wanted to tell him how much I appreciated him, how much I love him but my throat was still clogged with tears.

Jackson folded me into his arms and started rocking me from side to side. He used his thumb to wipe away my tears while pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Please don't cry love" he mumbles, continuing to rock me.

"You made me panic a bit there" he added, causing me to snort while he whispered against my forehead, his strong arms holding me tight.

I managed to calm down after awhile, sniffing while I tried to explain to him.

"It just felt like you were so distant again. Especially these past few days. I thought... I don't even know what I thought. The ring is so pretty too. Too pretty for me" I mumble, squeezing him tight back.

"You deserve the world love. You're my life. My life buoy. I won't survive without you" he laughs, tapping my nose.

"Darling. You've brought so much sunshine into my world. I don't think you know how much you have saved me from myself. Whenever I feel down, you would always know. And you would always be there. I never did get to tell you how much I really appreciated you. Thank you. Thank you Jackson Wang, for being you. I love you" I declared, my heart beating faster. My eyes still tearing slightly, my vision blurry at I looked into his eyes.

Jackson smiled at me, his eyes reflecting the joy and pride he felt at my words. He leaned forward, capturing my lips in the sweetest kiss that lasted a bit too short for me before releasing me.

He locked our hands together, pressing a kiss against the back of my left palm. His eyes shone with pride, looking at the ring on my hand before he placing another kiss on my finger.

"I got something to show you" he smiled, leading me to the mirrors.

I tilted my head, turning to see that there were many things plastered on the mirrors. Jackson tilted my body to face one photo at the start of the room, pointing it out to me.

"I was supposed to show you these first. And then ask you but I couldn't wait... this shot was taken on the first day we met" Jackson explained.

There were photographs pasted all over the mirrors, some of them of us together, some scenery shots, some shots of just me alone, of him alone. Each photo had a caption, be it about the weather, his feelings or what I said.

I walked slowly, looking at each photo, my fingers tracing over each of them as I read the captions.

The day I joined the company, noticed you, had dinner with you and started this journey with you.

It was summer and yet it wasn't the sun that made me sweat. It was you staring back at me through the mirror.

You asked me for the time today. It was 1.38am and we were still practicing. My heart leapt when you talked to me again. I don't think you knew

I was exhausted today... somehow you knew and got me ice cream. Vanilla with chocolate chips on a cone - it became my new favourite flavour

Autumn was just around the corner but it was warm, like your smile when I handed you a biscuit

You looked so tired today. I wanted to do something... so I left a drink on your chair

"That was you?" I asked, turning to him.

Jackson smiled shyly, nodding at me. He was quiet, hovering by my side, observing my expressions while I turned back to continue looking at the photos.

You looked like an angel, the sun making you glow so brightly today that my heart hurt

What is this I feel? I don't know but I like it. I like you

I wanted to prove myself to JYP and you actually helped me remember some moves. The image of you doing those moves are burnt into my mind

I trained till late that night. I knew I had to prove myself to everyone before approaching you

I asked for us to be in the same group on this day. You said yes

"Remember this? I still do" Jackson laughed, pointing at the photo. I blushed, nodding. I knew that he never got over me joining another group.

The next photo was him pouting at the camera with the caption - I guess I have to prove myself to you.

I laughed, stroking his bottom lip in the photo, turning to catch him blushing. He's so adorable.

I turned back to the photos, continuing to read the captions while holding his hand in mine.

Learning Korean faster only because I would be able to talk to you

You just had a haircut. I wanted to run my hands through your hair so badly

See the joy on my face? This was the day we got placed into the same group - also the day I realised that we would be working together a lot more

Was chosen to do flips. Sense of achievement unlocked

Everywhere, everything reminds me of you

Martial arts training was painful, I kept falling down, but for our group I can do it

I frowned, turning to look at Jackson. He smiled, shaking his head. He moved to hug me from the back, pressing a kiss against my neck.

I wrapped my arms over his, continuing to look at the other photos.

The day you ruffled my hair - my new favourite gesture of all. Especially because it's from you

The day I realised our hands fit each other's perfectly. Also the day I started sticking to you

You told me about your worries today. Don't you see? You're perfect to me

Your hugs are the best, especially when you cup my head to you

You, you are my paradise

The day you shined so brightly that I leaned so close to you. The day I wanted to kiss you in front of everyone

The time I sprained my wrist and you stuck by my side. I actually wished that I would never heal

There's something about you that causes the sun to glow. No, it's not my Korean and not the other way around

Did you know how much my brain fizzled when you told me you liked me?

The day I actually kissed you. I was afraid that you would slap me. No regrets even if you did though

You always taste so sweet. Your taste lingers on my tongue.

My ideal breakfast - you

Simply holding your hand at each performance

First dates and car rides

The little sigh you give when I hold you tight gets me every time

The feeling of you beside me, the sun shining behind my eyelids and the wind blowing through my hair

You're my everything

You're at my place. Meeting my parents

You fit in so well... it's like you were always here.

It's not your fault. My wrist is okay. But I love that you're sticking by my side again.

I'm sorry I failed to protect you.

I'm a mess when it comes to you

I should bring you out on dates more often

There was a space between this photo and the rest and I turned, pointing to the empty spot in the mirror while looking at Jackson.

He gave me a soft smile, tilting his head for me to continue.

I'm in the hospital. But you're not here. No one is.

Nothing makes sense without you.

The day you came back into my life

My heart skipped a beat, seeing how we used to look. The photo of me on Jackson's chest, the two of us looking up into the camera as we laid in bed. It was taken just after we got back to the dorm, the two of us looking so worn out without each other.

You taking over my bed. And my heart

Idiot? Yes I am. I am a fool for you

Your first? I want to be your last too

I want to marry this model. How do you even look so good as a child?

10 dates? I don't think I can even last 10 days anymore.

I told my parents today.

My sweaty palms after asking your parents. Are you proud?

I asked your sisters today. They approved :)

The ring has been in my pocket since that day my dad approved...

Didn't know how to keep it from you. You make me want to just blurt things out.

Bought this much stuff for you. Even when I'm out, you're still stuck on my mind

The sun was so shining down so brightly today in China. Somehow, you're brighter

Rushing back to airport. Bought more junk for you

The box of photos over the years - today's the day

Red or white? Never mind, I'm getting both

I wiped the tears that started flowing down my cheeks again, touched that he remembered all these little things. My heart couldn't take the pressure, my love for him overwhelming me in that moment.

"Hey love. Don't cry. You're supposed to be happy" he murmurs, pulling me back into his chest.

"I can't help it. Idiot. Poet. Diabetes" I sobbed, clinging tight to him.

"Diabetes? That's new" he laughed, rocking me while stroking my back, trying to calm me down.

"This was what you were hiding?" I asked, trying to hold back my tears.

"Yeah..." he smiled, using my thumbs to rub my tears away.

"Thank you darling. You didn't have to surprise me though" I mumble, embarrassed.

"I didn't have to but I wanted to" he muttered, pressing a kiss against my forehead again.

"Was this why? So that I look like a mess?" I hiccuped. I was trying to calm myself down when I caught a glimpse of my reflection through the mirror.

"You're always gorgeous to me love" he laughs.

"And no. This space is for this" he adds, turning us to face the mirror. He takes his phone out, leaning his chin on my shoulder while taking a photo of the two of us.

"My eyes are all puffy" I complained, blocking the camera.

"Just one" he laughs, kissing my neck. He snaps a photo of us in the position then, smiling before tilting my head to kiss him, snapping another photo.

His phone dropped to the ground, one of his hands splayed over my back, clutching me close while the other reached up to cup the nape of my neck, kissing me with all he had.

We painted as we broke apart, still drunk on each other, his heart racing underneath my palm.

"You didn't have to remind me of our time together. It has already been tattooed onto my heart" I whispered, breathing him in.

"I love you. Thank you for saying yes" he breathed, his lips brushing so softly against mine as he spoke.

"I love you too idiot. Thank you for even asking" I smiled, leaning forward to kiss him again.

A/N: Part 2 is here. Hope that you all enjoyed this chapter ❤️ thank you for reading, voting and commenting. I'm really nothing without you 🙇‍♀️

Countdown to 35? And part 3? I don't even know...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 3.2K 37
A boy who always thinking of his best friend/ first love to come back to him while a girl doesn't know how she felt for two boys.
205K 8.9K 60
"I can do anything if you tell me good boy" In which Yugyeom is Got7's good boy. __________ Got7 is just really gay in this story. And in real life- ...
18.1K 801 38
Why don't you stay sequel..if you haven't read it then give it a try 🤟
129K 9.9K 53
maybe falling in love and hating someone was too easy started- jan6, 2017 ended- july 22, 2017 - - - thank you -soulitamed for my cover (: ©jacks_his...