Behind The Scenes. {MAX VERST...

By storywriiterx

Melody Peterson is a well-known actress who everyone knows, but at the same time just as normal as any other... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
E P I L O G U E
NEW BOOK

twelve

5.2K 71 12
By storywriiterx

Melody
- I watched Rose walking away, looking very disappointed. Her long blonde hair danced among her shoulders and she handily threw it behind her ears, something she always did when she was upset.

"I just don't get it, did I do something wrong?" I softly asked. "No you didn't." Max simply answered, still looking down his red towel, pretending like it was something very interesting to look at. "Then why did she act this way, she seemed angry and disappointed." I bit my lip, not knowing what to do next. I could stand up and head over to my best friend and ask her what's wrong but I could also stay here with Max, waiting for her to calm down a bit and explaining me what I did wrong.

"Don't worry about it, Mel, she's probably just bad tempered- that happens sometimes." He shrugged his shoulders. "Do you even care about this?!" I snapped at him, which I immediately regretted the second after.

"Sorry.." I quickly apologized. Max simply nodded as sign he accepted it. "Of course I care, it's just- I don't think there's really something wrong with her." Max replied, not looking very different after I snapped at him. "I don't know, maybe I did something wrong and if I did it's probably better if I just go back to the apartment.." I rattled.

"Melody stop it, you didn't do anything wrong and your best friend is just acting weird. Maybe she expected Daniel to be here as well and she felt a little sad as soon as she found out he isn't, just know it's not your fault okay?"

I briefly looked aside, facing Max's eyes again. I got caught in them and couldn't look away anymore. My heart skipped a beat as soon as our faces moved a little closer. I let out a softly breath as I felt something inside me, something I'd never felt before.

And then I realized what we were actually doing. "Okay.." I murmured, pulling away. My cheeks colored slightly red and I sucked in a deep breath.

We almost kissed.

"I think I uh- I think I should go.." I murmured, just wanting to leave this place as I simply couldn't be together with Max anymore. "Yeah me too.." He replied, running his hand through is hair. We stood up and packed our bags before we left.

"I can drive you home?" Max nicely suggested. "No I'm good, but thanks for the offer." I forced a smirk and wiped some sweat of my forehead. "No problem.." Max replied, also faking a smile.

I felt the tension between us growing and I hated it, we had such a great day and it still ended bad. "Well, I think I see you tonight then.." I mumbled. "Yes, of course!" Max said full of faked enthusiasm. He licked his lips and grabbed his car keys.

"Bye Mel, I liked it.." He said.

"See you." I quickly responded, ignoring his last sentence as I turned around and walked away. I felt Max's eyes burning on my back, but I didn't want to turn around for a wave anymore. I wanted to go home and just lay down in my bed.

I've been extremely stupid again, I gave Max another chance and let him mess with my head again. He's supposed to be a friend of mine who makes me laugh, instead of making me cry every time. I bit my lip as I didn't want to let that damn tear escape my eye.

I'm not some drama queen who wants attention, but it feels like I'm acting that way. Right now, I need some changes in my life. One of them is about Max. He's constantly playing with my head and he probably doesn't even know. I can't let that happen, not like it happened with Henry, my last boyfriend.

Henry also messed with my head, he was a wrong one for me, he hurt me. I don't want to get hurt again, which means I have to keep some distance between me and Max, I have to push him away.

- - - - - - -

"I'm home," I called out as soon as I stepped inside. "Rose, I'm home!" I repeated as she didn't reply yet.

I knew she was at home as she'd pulled off her heels and left them somewhere in the living room. I decided to look for her as I didn't like her way of acting earlier today and thought she owed me an explanation.

"Oh.." I whispered as soon as I found her, sleeping on her bed. She looked so calm, almost vulnerable. I didn't want to wake her up yet and decided to make some tea she could drink as soon as she'd wake up. Despite I'm mad at her, she's still my best friend and I simply wanted to believe she never had any intentions to hurt me on purpose.

Her long blonde hair was spread all over her pillow and her mouth hung a bit open. I saw her slowly taking breaths.

Then I heard her groaning before she slightly opened her eyes. "Mel.. what are you doing in my room?" She asked with a sleepy voice. "I was actually looking for you," I simply replied, hoping she wouldn't ask further. "Oh." Rose wiped her eyes and gasped loudly.

"Listen, I think we need to talk, so if you just want to go to the living room whilst I'll make tea in the meantime we can-"

"We can talk here, right?" Rose raised an eyebrow. "Just- come to the living room, please." I sighed and widened my eyes. "Fine, I'll be there in a minute," she answered, rolling onto her other side which made sure I faced her back.

I quickly made some tea and handed Rose a cup filled with Earl Grey. "Your favorite, right?" I forced a smile and sat down next to Rose on the couch.

"So, what did I do wrong, Rose?" I trailed off, rasping my voice a bit. She sighed before shrugging her shoulders. "I just- you're so different, lately. You're not the Melody I remember. Like, in the past you never pushed me away," her voice cracked and she hardly bit her lip. "I'm sorry but the Melody I remember wouldn't just sit down on a boy and rub him in with some sunscreen." She added, trying to send her words more power.

"Max isn't some boy.." I weakly said. "He's one of my best friends, I feel like I can be myself when I'm with him." I claimed, knowing I would take some distance between us anyway.

"Look that's what I meant, just stop denying your true feelings.. you fucking like that boy, don't you?" Rose furrowed her eyebrows and kept looking at me, waiting for an answer. "Melody I'm serious, we used to talk about everything and you shared all your feelings, prove me you can still do that. Do you like Max or not?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" I called out and my voice shook heavily, just like my hands. "I don't know.." I repeated, a little softer this time.

"Listen Rose, I really don't know, I mean- you've no idea how I'm feeling at the moment, I'm fucking struggling with everything." I told her with a stern look in my eyes.

Rose thinks she knows everything about me, but the funny thing is that she doesn't and that's frustrating me. I want to yell all my problems at her, so desperately, but I can't. Because first of all, I have to sort things out myself and right now? I can't do that.

To be honest, I never thought about liking Max. I simply can't like him, he's my friend and that has to be all. Rose doesn't get it, friends can't be in love, they just can't.

"I'm so sorry.." Rose mumbled embarrassed. "I really didn't know," she added. I smirked slightly and licked my lips. "It's okay.." I simply told her, not wanting to make a drama out of this.

"No it's not okay, I only thought about myself, I'm so sorry.. you know, actually you should've told me about your struggles, I'd be there to help you wherever I could- I mean you know that, right?"

"I do, it's just not that easy. When my problems are only about not knowing what to wear I can simply tell you and ask your advice but my problems and issues are deeper than that, sometimes I just can't share it with anybody.." I said, trying to make her get it. She's still my best friend and she'd always be that person, but I developed my own problems now, I'm not a child anymore.

"I get it.." Rose replied, looking down. "I really do, just tell me if something between you and Max changes, I'm curious.." She told me, smirking through her tears. I softly chuckled and nodded. "I will, trust me, though I don't think that will be needed."

I wrapped my arms around her neck and felt relieved. I'm not in a fight with her anymore as I closed the chapter about Max. He's a friend, but I'm still convinced it will be better if I keep him on a distance, which is exactly what I'm about to do.

- - - - -

"Hi guys, come in!" I said, faking a big smile. Daniel walked in as first and I hugged him tight. Max followed and I hugged him as well. "I'm glad you could both come over!" I called out, closing the door.

Max and Daniel walked through the corridor, which I had already decorated with some cosy lights. We entered the living room, which was decorated as well. "You two put a lot of energy in this, didn't you?" Daniel asked, curiously looking around. "We did.." Rose admitted, giving me a proudly glare.

"So, sit down! On the table are already some snacks as you might see and- oh wait I'll grab the drinks!" I lifted my thumb and made my way to the fridge where I kept the drinks.

"Hi."

I dropped the bottle of wine I was holding and yelled very loud. "Damn it!" I cursed, taking a sharp breath. "You scared the hell out of me, Max." I said, calming down a little.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Never mind." I briefly responded, grabbing some big pieces of glass of the floor. "Wait, let me help you," Max suggested. I looked up and shook my head. "No, I'm- FUCK!"

I got my finger open to some glass and there were still small pieces of glass in it. The blood streamed out of my finger and I tried to keep calm as I didn't really have a thing with blood.

"Shit- wait I'll get the others!" Max ran away and left me behind. I could never really handle a lot of blood, this time wasn't different.

Don't look at it, Melody.

It'll be fine.

"Jesus, what the hell!" Rose called out, grabbing my arm and making me stand up. "No, no let me handle this.." Daniel showed up behind Rose and made his way to me. "It's only some blood, don't worry." I nodded, keeping my eyes away of the terrible sight of my thumb.

- - - - - - -
Max
"Well, you're all better!" Daniel exclaimed, smiling brightly. Rose already cleaned up the mess I kind of created, and we could just sit down on the couch. "We can finally start the evening!" Rose called out, clapping her hands.

I could only think about Melody, the rest wasn't important. I hurt her badly, however it was never my attention to scare her. I just wanted to talk, I wasn't even sure about what. Maybe about what happened some hours ago on the beach, maybe about things that didn't matter. And I screwed up.

"Max, what do you think?" Rose broke my thoughts and looked questioned at me.
"I uh- I don't know.." I replied, faking a smirk on my face.

"You weren't listening.." She exclaimed, giving me a glare. "No I wasn't." I admitted and Rose sighed.

"We talked about what we could do and thought it'd be nice to play a game?" Daniel explained. "Oh, seems cool!" I said, trying to sound enthusiastic. "And Melody?" Daniel's eyes landed on Melody who shrugged her shoulders. "I'm fine with it, though I'm not sure which game," she mumbled, smirking at Daniel. He placed one of his hands on her leg, which made me feel slightly jealous.

"We can play a drinking game. As an example we start with Daniel, he drinks one shot. Then it's up to Melody who can also take one shot, or more. If she drinks more she gets more points. Let's say, the one with the most points after 3 rounds wins?" Rose suggested, waiting for us to agree.

"So, basically the one who drinks the most wins?" Daniel replied, sounding surprised Rose came up with the idea. "Yes." Rose nodded and her cheeks started to blush slightly. "I like you already, let's do it! Max and Melody, are you two in?"

"Absolutely, I think it's a nice game!" Melody exclaimed, chuckling towards her best friend.

"I'm in as well!" I called out, already liking the game. I currently have some problems and then turning my thoughts off is the thing I like most.

"Okay, everyone sit down in a circle!" I shove aside and let Rose move a little closer. On my other side sat Melody, who briefly looked at me and then looked away quickly. "Al right, I'll start and then it's up to Rose!" Daniel clapped his hands as sign we'd begin.

"I say one, just to start a little safe!" Melody handed Daniel the bottle and a small glass. Daniel grabbed the glass with vodka and shove the alcohol inside.

"My turn, I say also one" Rose mumbled, grabbing the glass with vodka. She drank it in only a few seconds and pulled a funny face afterwards.

Now it was my turn. Of course I could choose the safe way, but I didn't want to play safe. I wanted to forget. "Two." I heard myself say, my voice full of confidence.

"Oh yeah!" Daniel called out, passing me the bottle of vodka and a glass. In another few seconds I drank it, feeling the bitterness leading his way through my body.

Everyone cheered full of enthusiasm as it was finally up to Melody. "Three." She decided. Then she turned her head towards me, giving me a glare full of triumph.

Melody shove the vodka inside as well, and the second round was about to start. I was full of motivation to beat Melody, just to make sure she knew messing with me was a no go.

- - - - - -
Melody
The second round was a funny one. This time I had to begin, then Max. Daniel and Rose drank 2 shots, I decided to do 3 again, and Max did 4.

I liked the game a lot and the only thing I wanted was beating Max.

The alcohol didn't find his way yet, which made sure I wasn't even a little tipsy, I was all sober.

So now we were about to start round three, the last one. The battle for the win was clearly between me and Max.

"Melody, how much?" Rose asked me.

"Four" I replied, knowing Max wouldn't take more as that would be too 'dangerous'. "Okay, let's do it girl!" She chirped, passing me the bottle. I quickly drank four shots and felt the alcohol finally taking place in my body.

"Max, you're the last one, what are you going to do, bro?" Daniel asked, clearly curious who would win the game.

"Five, of course!" He had a small grin on his face and looked at me with the 'I won' look. I bit my lip, curious if he would really drink 5 shots.

"Okay, I'm counting down!" Daniel called out, obviously he was a little tipsy.

"Three...two...one.... DRINK!"

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Five.

He drank fucking 5 glasses of vodka. "I won!" Max called out, lifting his arms up. Daniel hugged him and I couldn't help but letting a soft chuckle escape my mouth.

"So, I think I uh- I should put on some music!" Rose called out, stumbling towards the radio. Loud music filled the room and the lights turned down.

Everyone started to talk a bit, and Max sat down next to me "So, you're not even gonna congratulate me?" He asked with some playfully sparkles in his eyes. "If that's what you want, then congratulations." I replied, slowly licking my underlip.

"Thanks!" He called out, smirking softly.

"I'm uh- going to get some more beer," I said, leaving the living room. I didn't forget about the deal I made to myself.

"Hi girl!" Rose appeared next to me, grabbing a bottle of sparkling water. "Daniel asked for it.." She explained whilst chuckling softly. "How is your uh- pink?" Rose asked. "Thumb.." I corrected her whilst letting out a breathy chuckle. "But it's okay," I added.

I walked out of the kitchen, putting a softly grin on my face again. I decided to just sit down next to Daniel instead of Max this time. Daniel looked up as he was obviously surprised. "Melody, what a lovely surprise!" He smirked brightly and shove aside. "How is that a surprise, I can talk to you as well, right?" I hissed. Daniel kept his mouth shut to avoid a discussion and simply nodded.

After I had a long conversation with Daniel and having a few more drinks, I couldn't even stand up without loosing my balance. I leaned against Daniel, but it didn't feel the same as with Max. Damn it!

"Melody, you okay?" Daniel asked concerned after seeing me leaning against him without the energy to stand up. He didn't drink that much as he wanted some rest before the Monaco Grand Prix. Usually he still drinks the week before a race, at least that's what he said, but this time he wanted to have a clear mind.

"I dunno," I briefly mumbled, not having enough strength to say something better. "I think it's time that we go home and you go to bed." He said, still looking at me full of concern.

"Max, come on man, lets go!" Daniel faced Max on the other side of the room, leaning against the wall with a bottle of vodka between his legs. "Fuck.." He desperately looked around for Rose. "Calm down.. I'll help.." Rose showed up behind us and took a look at me. "We'll bring her to bed!" She claimed.

After Daniel lifted me up by my waist and placed me down in the bed, Rose threw the sheets over me. I immediately closed my eyes and felt sleep taking over me.

- - - - - -
Daniel
"Rose? Me and Max are going, al right?" I told her, absolutely sick off everything here. "Yes, sure, great you two could come." She giggled and opened the door for us.

I helped Max up, grabbing his arm to make him follow me.

"Where are we going, Dan?" Max asked as soon as we entered the streets.

"I'll drop you off at your house, al right?" I sighed, making my way to his apartment. "Why did Melody avoid me, Dan?" I looked up, not knowing what to say. "She probably didn't avoid you." I quickly replied.

"She did."

"Okay well, then I don't know- maybe there happened something between you earlier?" I shrugged my shoulders as sign I didn't know.

"Hm-mm"

I looked aside at Max, who had clearly no idea what he was saying. I could ask him anything and he would answer honestly. But I'm not able to do that, it's not fair.

"What happened between you two then?" I asked. I promised myself that would be the only question I'd ask Max, as I was too curious to not ask it.

"Nothing.. just having a good time and- I dunno.. we almost kissed but pulled away on time- now she's.. avoiding" Max muttered, shrugging his shoulders.

I knew there was more between them than just a friendship, I simply knew it.

"Okay, if that's all- I'm sure she'll stop avoiding you," I created a small grin on my face and stopped walking as we were at Max's.

"Come on, we're at your house."

- - - -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 4.9K 18
Allison's boyfriend and father of her child dies in a plane accident. She is left alone with her 3 year old son. When her best friend, Daniel Ricciar...
86.2K 1.3K 32
Olivia Madelyn Johnson a 20 year old girl. She has a troubled past but with help from her best friend Max Verstappen she managed to get herself into...
37.3K 775 26
❝i think i like you best when you're just with me and no one else.❞ formula one fanfic m...
2.2K 54 11
Valerie had a really hard childhood. It was normal for her that her father vented his anger on her since her brother left her and she couldn't do any...