It'll Never Be Perfect

By larrysbrokensong

Sequel to WRONG NUMBER. Things between Louis and Harry have never been more complicated. Though they are in l... More

Warnings
1
2
4

3

2.3K 95 52
By larrysbrokensong

Two weeks pass. Louis has done nothing but go to work and lounge around at home. He had canceled on Niall for that party he had invited him too. Louis was in no mood to go to a party.

If there was any party he was attending, it was his own pity party. Louis doesn't like to feel sorry himself, but lately it's all he's been able to do. He misses Harry. He misses not being alone.

Right now he's in his room, well, Harry's. Louis has gotten most of his things moved out and into his own apartment. He was going to stay with Zayn or Niall, but he decided it's time for him to live in his own place.

He knows Harry won't be home for another week or so. He hasn't talked to him so he doesn't know how his dad is doing. It pains Louis, he feels selfish, but Harry never really spoke about his father to Louis anyway.

Louis falls asleep not long after he had gotten into bed, wearing only Harry's shirt and a pair of underwear. It felt familiar, and thats more than Louis could ask for.

-

Louis wakes up around 2 AM to the sound of the door being opened, keys rattling. He quickly rolls out of bed and moves slowly to figure out what the ruckus is. He prays it's only Harry.

It is. Thankfully. Louis steps out as Harry flicks the light on, his eyes look swollen with tears. Louis knows that means the worse.

Harry's eyes land on him and he drops his bags, heading straight towards Louis, engulfing him into a hug, then crying into his neck, "He's gone, Lou." He cries. Louis wraps his arms around Harry's neck and holds him close, running his fingers through Harry's hair.

"Oh, baby." Louis closes his own eyes and lets out a breath, "I'm so sorry, I'm right here."

Harry lets out a choked sob and pulls away, wiping at his tears, "But you aren't- I drove you away." He sits on the couch, head in his hands, "I pushed you away- I have no one, I've ruined everything."

Louis frowns, he's never seen Harry at such a vulnerable state before. "No, Harry." He says softly, taking a seat next to him, "None of this is your fault." He whispers, placing a hand on Harry's knee, "You will never lose me, ever."

Harry turns his face and looks at Louis with hesitation, "But you said-"

"Only because I wanted what was best for you." Louis tells Harry, "I know you are going through such a hard time right now, you don't have time to deal with this, you know? It's best you focus on you, helping yourself."

"Louis." Harry says quietly, Louis barely hears him say it. "I love you." He tells him, "There is nothing more important than being there for you and helping you get better, so that one day we can start building a life together." He's stilling crying, "Yes, this is hard." He admits, "But I can't go through this alone, Lou, I need you." Harry's face crumbles, "Please don't leave me alone- You're all I have, baby. I can't."

Louis's heart melts as tears leave his own eyes, he scoots closer to Harry and the older man leans down and lays his head in Louis's lap, crying against his skin. "I won't- I'm sorry."

Harry's hand moves to his thigh and squeezes it, his body shaking as he cries and cries.

Louis lets him, his hands going into his hair and soothing him, "I love you, I'm so sorry."

"I love you more." Harry says quietly, swallowing harshly as he starts to draw little hearts on Louis's thigh, "I can't live without you, Louis, thats why it's so important that you get better, you can't leave me, we have to live long and happy lives." He tells him, his words are slurred, like he's been drinking. Louis is almost sure he has been, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He says, voice firm as he lifts his head from Louis's lap and looks him dead in the eyes, "Do you want that too?"

Louis nods, sniffling a little, "Yeah, Harry." He answers as Harry cups his cheek with his hand, "I want to spend everyday with you until I die."

"This is incredibly sappy." Harry says softly, leaning forward to press a soft kiss to Louis's lips. Louis agrees, but this moment is one he will remember forever.

Louis sighs, "You should get some sleep." He says quietly, "We can talk more tomorrow, okay? You've had a really hard day."

Harry nods and takes his hand from Louis's face, standing up, "I think I'll shower, then I'll join you for bed." He informs Louis before walking off and heading towards the bathroom.

Louis gets Harry's bags and takes them to the bedroom, unpacking for him. Harry has a few dirty clothes that Louis takes to the laundry room and puts in the basket. He'll do it tomorrow.

Looking around reminds him that he had rented out a new apartment and that loads of his things were already moved over there. He feels like shit. He knows he and Harry are going to argue about it in the morning.

With a frown on his face, Louis finally climbs into bed, facing towards the wall and away from Harry's side of the bed.

Louis is almost asleep when Harry finally comes out of the bathroom and climbs into bed next to Louis, his arms immediately finding Louis's waist, "Goodnight, baby."

"G'night." Louis mumbles, scooting back so that they are skin to skin. It's so comfortable and soothing and Louis almost immediately falls asleep.

-

Louis wakes up alone, but he can hear the TV on in the livingroom. Louis waits a few moments before he gets up and walks towards where Harry is, seeing him staring blankly at the tv.

"Hey." Louis mutters, sitting down next to Harry and looking at him intently, Harry doesn't look back at him. He seems focused on the show.

It becomes very noticeable that Harry is ignoring him and Louis doesn't like it one bit, "Hey, Harry, whats wrong?"

Harry picks up the remote and turns off the tv, "Don't you want to pack the rest of your shit? You're wasting daylight!" He says, standing up and grabbing a duffle bag from beside him, tossing some of the decorations from the table into it, "C'mon, I'll help you."

"Harry, that is all yours! Please stop it." Louis says, standing up and snatching the bag from Harry's hands and tossing it, "The fucking bag is yours too, so-"

"So what?" Harry snaps, "Do you think I give a shit? If you leave then you're taking everything I care about." He says, his tone is stern but his words are vulnerable.

Louis shakes his head, "I rented another apartment." He looks at Harry hesitantly, not wanting to see the anger in his eyes, "But that was before last night, before we talked- Harry, I want to be with you."

Harry looks at Louis, his jaw set. Louis hates seeing Harry angry, he's scary when he gets super angry. "I think you should go to your apartment, I think-"

"No." Louis puts his foot down, "No, Harry." He snaps, "I will not leave you, okay? It was a mistake to want to separate, I just-" He suddenly gets a thought in his head, "Don't you remember how guilty you felt when you left me?" He asks Harry.

Harry nods and immediately his demeanor softens, "Um- Yeah, I get it." He says, "You thought it was the right thing."

Louis smiles sadly, "Yeah, I'm sorry- I see now that it's not." He walks towards Harry and takes his hands in his own, "I love you and I'm not going anywhere."

"I'm so lucky to have you." Harry says gently, looking into Louis's eyes, "You know what I think we should do?"

"Hm?" Louis asks, raising his brow in question.

"Go check out that apartment, if its better we should both move in there, yeah?" He grins, "It is pretty small here."

"I'm not sure the apartment will be much of an upgrade, but it does have a better balcony." He admits, "And two bathrooms."

Harry grins, "See? Already better."

"Yeah, but the kitchen- not as great as this one, and I know how important that is for you." Louis chuckles, pulling away from Harry and walking over to it, hopping up on the counter.

"Thats true." Harry says, his eyes noticeably running down Louis's figure, "That apartment doesn't have a pretty boy sitting on the counter either."

Louis blushes, "Oh yeah?" He asks, leaning back a little, the shirt sliding up his thighs a little, "Could, though."

Harry smirks and approaches him, running his hands over Louis's smooth thighs, "Love when you wear my clothes, baby." He says, his hands running up and underneath the shirt, his fingers brushing over Louis's perk nipples.

"Yeah? Why's that?" Louis asks, spreading his legs a little wider, looking at Harry from beneath his lashes.

"'Cus you look like Mine." Harry answers, "Makes me want to fuck you on the spot." He says hotly, his mouth against Louis's neck, "You always look so pretty, Lou."

Louis moans quietly when Harry starts to play with his nipples, arching his back into it, "Do it then, fuck me." He mumbles, "I want your cock, want it in me."

Harry immediately connects their lips in a hot kiss, his large hands moving to grip Louis's love handles. He tugs him closer and presses his cock against Louis's thigh.

"Fuck." Louis pants against Harry's lips, the feeling of Harry's cock is driving him insane, he wants him inside him now.

"You feel that? You feel what you do to me?" Harry asks, pulling away to peal Louis's- or his shirt off of Louis's body and tossing it, "Gonna bend you over the counter and fuck you, that okay?"

"Yeah- please." Louis says, nodding as he feels Harry pick him up off the counter and turn him around. Fuck, he loves being manhandled.

"As much as I love these, they gotta go baby." Harry says, referring to the dark red lace panties that Louis had fitted on his bum.

Harry removes them and leaves them pooling at Louis's ankles. He then gets on his knees and uses his palms to grab at Louis's bum.

"God, you've got such a pretty ass, Louis, can't believe you're all mine." His breath is hot on Louis's hole. Before Louis can even respond, Harry licks a stripe over Louis's hole, taunting him for a moment, then diving in, licking into him.

Louis whimpers, pushing his hips back onto Harry's face, only to have Harry's hand slap him hard on his bum. "Fuck." Louis gasps, his cheek is hot against the cool counter.

Harry groans, pulling back, "Love eating you out, kitten." He tells Louis, "But I've gotta put my cock in you now," He says, "Gotta get some lube and a condom- Where's my bag? That I took?"

Louis turns towards Harry and frowns, "Uh, It's in the closet- Why did you need lube and condoms on your trip?"

Harry looks at Louis and shakes his head, "Just the lube, I swear, Theres a box of condoms in my nightstand though."

Louis doesn't feel very convinced, but he nods anyway. "Okay."

"Louis, I did not plan on sleeping with anyone while I was there, do you even fucking remember why I went there?" He's raising his voice and Louis takes that as a sign he should stand up and pull his clothes back on.

"You're right, sorry." Louis mutters, pulling the shirt back over his head. His cock has gone soft now, he feels like crying. He's such an idiot.

Harry shakes his head, "It's like you always expect the worst from me, Louis." He snaps, "You are so fucking selfish, you know that? I was there, so distraught because my father was dying! And you wanted to start all this dramatic breaking up bullshit as if I wasn't in enough shit as it was!"

Louis is staring at him, he knows everything Harry is saying is true. He knows he deserves it, "You are right, I'm sorry." He tells Harry, shaking his head, "I should've been there for you, I wish I could take it back." His voice is shaking, tears are in his eyes. "But I can't, and I realize how stupid and ridiculous I was being."

Louis wraps his arms around his own middle, "I'm just trying to make things easier on you and I keep fucking up- I'm so sorry, please tell me what I can do." He looks Harry in his eyes, "All I want is to help you, because I love you , so so much."

Harry shrugs, "I think..." He trails off, looking away from Louis and at the ground, "I think I need to be alone, for right now." He says, "You need to leave."

Louis feels his heart sink but he nods, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Louis." Harry mumbles, "Put some pants on and leave, grab a sweater though, It's cold and do you have money for some food-"

"I'm fine." Louis interrupts him, walking past him and into their bedroom. Louis takes about 5 entire minutes to get ready. He makes sure to grab his phone and charger before heading out.

"Bye, Haz." Louis says, as Harry opens the door for him, "I'm sorry."

"Bye, Louis." Is all that Harry says before shutting the door behind Louis.

Louis has no clue how things have gone right back to square one. He's emotionally on edge. He wishes he could make everything better with the snap of his fingers.

But unfortunately the real world doesn't work like that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.1K 43
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
249K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
616K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
168K 5.8K 43
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...