(3/5) RTTE Seasons 3 & 4 (AMD...

By MeganGS98

The next seasons have come and the plans are getting more serious by the attacks on the Dragon Hunters. Will... More

Enemy of my Enemy
Plan to Action
Buffalord Soldier
Time Out
Stryke Out
Training the Dragons
Snoggletog
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
The Search for a Father
Viggo's Exile
Discussing the Mundr
The Marriage
The Day After Marriage
Last Auction Heroes
The Honeymoon (Mature Content)
Defenders of the Wing, Part 2
Ann's Birthday Party
Midnight Scrum
Dire Straits
The Longest Day
Metal Madness
Gold Rush
Twintuition
Plot against the Lead
Shellshocked, part 1
Shellshocked part 2
Going Home

Defenders of the Wing, Part 1

285 6 2
By MeganGS98

Viggo's POV

I couldn't make up a plan as I was too worried about Ann. I didn't want her to be in danger once again. Well, at least not life threatening. But the case didn't change, Hiccup had my wife captured and I had to get her out of there as soon as possible. Sleepless nights didn't make it much easier. Now that I don't have Ann laying next to me, the nightmares seem to have returned. Haunting me in my sleep once again. I had to ask Ryker multiple times to help me forge a plan to get my wife free and safe back here with me. 

After a week, we had a plan to get her out of there and capture a dragon which we will use it to attack the Riders once more. To start this plan, I sent a simple Terror Mail to Hiccup. Here is what I sent to him.

My dear Hiccup,

I would gladly meet up with you to discuss some terms with you. I will be offering you something you desire, but I want you to take the one that I desire with you. Take my Ann with you and the terms will be extended to greater ends. Meet me at Botany Blight. I'll be waiting.

Now that the plan has been set to work, I can now focus on the rest of the plan after I got my Ann back. I just hope she is alright...

Ann's POV

The way they had treated me in the time I was kept imprisoned was okay, compared to what that monster of a Bludfist did to me. It has been a week since I have been taken and I just hope my husband is thinking about a plan to get me out of here. It's actually strange, but also amazing to call him my husband after being together for so long and everything we have been through. I just miss him badly. 

I was sunk deep in thoughts when I was pulled out of them as Hiccup and Astrid got inside and started asking me questions once again. "How far can we trust Viggo?" Astrid used some aggression in an attempt to get me talking, but I remained silent. "We have to know because we got a message from him." Hiccup added to it once he realized I wouldn't talk unless it's about sending me back to my husband. "A message, you say? Then let me read it." I said to them, but they refused. "Very well then. I will remain silent. Don't you think I will help you." I grunted at them. 

"Fine. He wants you back, so he sent that message to us. He wants to trade somehow and he wants us to take you with us. We have to know how far we can trust him in not putting up an ambush. And what will he be offering?" Hiccup admitted the whole situation to me. "Like I said, then I need to see the note he sent you." I reached out my hand so Hiccup would give me the note. He eventually gave it to me. 

"Is it so hard to believe his word? He said 'I'll be waiting'. Meaning he will be there alone. I know Viggo, and he is a man of his word. Besides, I do not know what he wants to offer you. Remember I am not him." "Alright, then we will see where he wants us to meet and we'll go immediately. I'll go check the maps and charts." Hiccup ran off, probably back to their clubhouse. Astrid came closer to my cell and told me something what I couldn't believe she would do after Hiccup left. "I'll tell you this. If this is an ambush, if you have been lying to us about this, I will personally send you, Viggo and Ryker to Valhalla." "Why don't you go back to your lovey dovey, one legged boy, AKA being Hiccup?" I hissed back at her.

After two hours Astrid came to me. "Alright, let's go." She said as she opened the door of my cell and bound my hands together with a rope. "Do you really have to?" I asked with a clear sign of irritation towards her.

"Yes, I do have to do this. You should know why." She sneered at me. I puffed out a small giggle. "Please, tell me." I kept myself as sarcastic as possible. "You have connections with Viggo. We cannot trust you or him." She sneered even harder as she tied the knot with a firm tug. Those ropes were really tight and already after a few minutes, I started to feel the senses in my hands slip away.

"I have 'connections' with Viggo? Please, you know better than that. I love him." I sneered back at her right into her face. She grabbed her two-bladed axe and held it up really close to my face. "You better watch out what you're saying next." "I believe your boy Hiccup will not be happy if he hears about how you treat me here and now. Viggo will even be less amused and will most surely take vengeance for your actions towards me." I fired back at her. We had an intense stare-down and if it were possible, lightning would have been fired from our eyes. "Astrid?" We heard Hiccup's voice call out for her.

He turned around the corner of the stables doors with his Night Fury by his side. "There you are. Why took you so long? We are ready to leave." He pointed out to her. Astrid gave me a push in the back. "Move it." "Watch your actions, Astrid. Keep my words in mind." I warned her one last time as I made my way back to the clubhouse, knowing the other Riders would be waiting there.

"Twins, Snotlout, Fishlegs, I want you to stay here and guard the Edge for if Viggo plans a diversion while we are going to see what he has in store for us." Hiccup told his Riders. "Oh, and Fishlegs is in charge..." He added to it. "Aw, come on!" The twin boy, Tuffnut I believe, called out.

"Astrid, Heather, you guys are coming with me. Astrid, can Ann ride with you?" Hiccup continued. "Let's not do that..." She wasn't happy with his suggestion. "Alright, Heather?" He asked the black haired traitor. She sighed out. "Fine. I guess I could use some payback time for the way she treated me in the time I was with them." The look on her face wasn't nice at all. "Careful what you say, traitor." I sneered once again. At least riding with Heather would be less bad as riding with Astrid. Thank Thor.

We had to fly for eight hours with no rest or stops along the way, and my butt was about to feel numb as well. My hands had turned white as blood flow towards them had been interrupted.

After a very long flight, the island was finally getting in sight. We glided down and around the island when Heather spotted Viggo sitting alone in the field with a board of Maces and Talons in front of him. "There's Viggo!" She pointed at him from the sky.

"He'd be easy to pick off from here." Heather gave the three of them the option, but Hiccup wanted the girls to stay in the air while he was talking to my love. "No, no. I'm going down to see what he has to say." He flew down with Toothless while we stayed in the air. That bastard. Just finish him right there, baby. I want to get out of here.

Viggo's POV

I was waiting on Botany Blight for not so long when I noticed the Riders approach on the horizon. Hiccup will never change in taking backup with him, he is too careful in his decisions and that will kill him one day. I bend over my Maces and Talons game board once again to move the pieces in order to create a challenging game for myself. Yet, there was one piece missing. The Imposter. I see Hiccup as one, now that he had taken my wife away from me. The coward.

Hiccup probably told the other girls to stay in the air and circle around me, while he approached me. I admit I couldn't hold back a slight chuckle as he had to hold his dragon back from landing into the perks of blue oleanders. His Night Fury kept on growling at my appearance, yet I didn't pay attention to him. 

I continued to keep my gaze at the game board as Hiccup walked up to me from behind and placed the missing piece onto the board. "Think you're missing a piece." I kept looking at the board until he walked on to stand opposite of me. "You came! I'm surprised." "No, you're not. Or else you wouldn't sit in a field filled with flowers that are poisonous to dragons." "A man has to take precautions. I noticed you arrived with friends." I nodded to the girls flying around us. Hiccup was obviously not impressed, yet I couldn't care less about it. 

"Like you said. Precautions. Look, what do you want, Viggo?" "To compliment you, Hiccup. Your little group has had some impressive victories, putting quite the dent in my bottom-line." I explained. "Glad to hear it." Hiccup said without any pain in his voice. I moved another piece on the board and looked at him. "You're a worthy opponent, and as such this battle between us could continue for years to come. Or..." I paused to see Hiccup's reaction. His face was priceless. "Or... Or what?" He questioned me. "Or it could end today." "I accept your surrender." Now that left me laughing.

"It's good to see your sense of humor is still intact, but I'm offering a truce. With very generous terms." I knocked the game pieces aside and laid a map of the Archipelago on the game board for him to study it and for me to point out my ideas about this truce. 

"You stay south of this line and my men and I will stay above it. We never have to fight again." I stood up to stretch my legs a bit. "Hiccup, I'm not unreasonable. I have no desire to rule the world like... some people." I hesitated to name the man that once abused my dear Ann. "I'm a businessman, and fighting is bad for business." "And the Dragon Eye?" Of course that kid had to bring the Dragon Eye up. 

"I'm afraid that's no part of the deal. I am offering you the chance to save the life of every dragon below this line, not to mention those of your fellow Riders. I am willing to memorialize this deal and end the bloodshed." I signed the paper and lend Hiccup the pencil. "Are you?" He doubted me again and answered hesitantly. 

"I need to think about it." "Of course, of course. All leaders should receive council, but in the end... It's up to us." He grabbed the map and turned his back on me. "Oh, how is Astrid's leg? Healing well, I trust?" I taunted him one last time before he walked off.

"Time is of the essence, Hiccup." I yelled after him. "Peace can be such a fragile thing." I spoke a bit softer before turning Hiccup's attention back to me. "And Hiccup, where is my Ann?" I lowered my voice when it came to my sweet wife. 

Hiccup gestured to Heather to come down and drop Ann off. She didn't know how hard to run towards me, she must have been terrified. I could tell as she hid her face in the crook of my neck. 

After Hiccup had left, I grabbed my dagger and cut those ropes off. "Your hands look bad. Those roped must've been very tight." She could only nod as she pushed her face deeper in my neck. I kissed her forehead gently and spoke with a soft voice as I held her in my arms. "Come, we have to go now." I held an arm around her shoulder and we walked back to the ship where Ryker would wait to meet us again.

We sailed for some time now, and I was holding my wife in my arms again as she was fast asleep. She must've have been unable to catch some sleep at the speed of which she travelled away from her consciousness into her dreams. I couldn't keep my eyes off her as she was always so beautiful when she is sleeping. 

We came to the Island of the Defenders of the Wing where we would capture a dragon and use it later for my plan. "Ryker, take some men with you and get the dragon. Leave a few men behind as a diversion." With a growl, he left to do as I said.

While my brother was gone to capture that big beast, I stayed behind with my wife and tend to her hands. Blood had flowed back into them and they looked much better, but she remained to have pain. With a little bit of fragrant oil she made herself, oil infused with roses, I massaged her hands carefully and gently.

"How does that feel?" I asked her as she had her eyes open just a little bit. "Feels better." Her voice was still very sleepy and weak, but I was glad that it made her feel better. "Just close your eyes." I whispered as I knew she was exhausted. Slowly they fell shut once again and I couldn't hold myself from kissing the top of her head when I knew for sure she had drifted off. I watched over her as she dreamed, gently and softly rubbing my thumb over her soft cheek. I'm just so happy that she is back with me.

It took my brother quite some time to return with the captured beast, but it didn't bother me this time. I had someone to look after now. Someone to protect at all costs. Prevent her from being taken away from me again. She is mine and that will remain for the rest of my life.

Ryker came back with the Eruptodon captured and put it into one of the cells as it was still tranquilized from the Dragon Root. As he was coming back to report to me, I had given him orders to sail to Dragon's Edge. It is time that Hiccup learns his lesson when you interrupt me and mess with my empire or my wife.

The Eruptodon had woken up from its nap. The rumbling the dragon made must've called Ann out of her sleep. She slowly woke up with her head resting on my chest. "Hey, you alright baby?" I kissed her forehead when she held her hand on my heart again. That will always belong to you, my beautiful blossom. 

"I guess so. I feel better, now that I'm back here with you." She still sounded quite sleepy. "I can totally understand, my love." I held her tighter in a hug and she just rested her head on the left side of my chest now, listening to my heartbeat. That's one thing she loves when panicked. 

We got up after she had completely restored her energy and got rid of that sleepy mood of hers. "What are we going to do now?" She asked me. "We are going to put the Defenders of the Wing against Hiccup and the other Riders. That should teach them not to mess with you or me. Victory will be ours then."     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 202 24
Haley is a young girl with an unusual gift. Some would call it a curse. Her? She calls it a convenient nuisance. Together with a dragon no one wants...
430 24 9
Reader x Viggo grim born fic! Haven't written a fanfic before, much less a Y/N one, so please bare with me! Suggestions and feedback welcome. Inpso @...
82.9K 2.6K 31
Only the figure's eyes were visible, the rest hidden by a changewing cloak. Hiccup's jaw dropped as he realized. He knew those eyes. * The Dragon Rid...
97.6K 2.4K 59
what would happen if monster hunters very own crimson comet crash landed in the Barbarick archipelago? find out in this story!!! (None of the humans...