Mahiha(slave of system) on ho...

By DaRetroChick

Harris Mayn is a talented young dancer, but will his talent do him good or bad? When he meets Mahiha, a myste... More

Mahiha(slave of system)
When he met her

The next day

72 2 3
By DaRetroChick

Harris rolled over in his bed, stretching out his numb legs and cast his glance over to the alarm clock.

5:30.

The boy let out a groan, not understanding why he had to be such an early-bird. Despite having attempts at staying up till 3 in the morning, he still never woke up any later then 6 when he didnt have to be at work until quarter to 9. Harris was never able to fall  asleep again once he's woken up, and that way he has become a coffe addict, because he was now not able to start his day without having a cup of strong black expresso. 

A loud snore made it's way over from the living room to the bedroom, and Harris felt panick arise, until he remembered that it was only Travis who descided to stay over the night before. Unlike his friend, Travis didn't wake up until he had to leave for work at half past 8, getting ready for the day with only getting dressed, combing half of his hair and pouring a bowl of cereal on the way out.

Harris elevated himself up from his bed and took a deep breath, intaking mpist air which has made it's way into his appartment through his window, which Harris always left open for the night since he had a fear of suffocating.

Slipping on his slippers and white Marks and Spencers dressing gown, the boy walked into the front room, past the couches, careful not to wake his dreaming friend. Harris smiled at the sight of Travis cuddled up on the couch, his face and blonde curles barely visible in the thick white duvet embracing him like a cocoon embraciong a caterpillar about to turn into a beautiful butterfly. 'Well, when Travis wakes up it will be the complete opposite of a beautiful butterly, because Travis in the mornings is like all hell breaking loose' Harris thought.

He went over to his petite kitchen and opening one of the top cupboards searched it for some cereal. His eyes went up and down the rows of boxes and tins he has stacked and finally his gaze landed on some corn flakes.

Harris fabricated a usual cup of coffe before pouring some milk and the corn flakes into a bowl, making sure the milk hasnt gone off even though he only brought it yesterday and kept it in the fridge.

Harris was always incredibly paranoid about everything, but he liked to call it cautious. But then, the had a fear that whatever you're most scared off, will always happen, and he got that fear when his grandad was always most scared of having a heart attack, then BAM, he had one. So in a way, Harris was paranoid of bening paranoid. 

Even though it was just a usual Tuesday morning, the young boy has learnt to enjoy every single day as if it is the best one in his life yet. He knows that things are constantly evolving around us making each day special but a few human beings actually notice it, making everyday life boring for themselves. But a few see the detail in everything and make every day as special as possible. 

Harris was snapped out of his thoughts by the loudest snore he has ever heard coming from Travis , and before Harris knew it,there was a loud bang as Travis nhit the floor after rolling right of the sofa. Harris knew that it wasnt the best experience falling off the bed, but he had to put his hand over his mouth and bite the tip of his tongue to stop himself from bursting into hysterical laughter and waking up all of his neighbours.

An adequate person would at this point would be cursing and attempting to get them selves back onto their bed, but instead Travis just let out a long goran, before dragging his covers off the sofa and making him self comfortable. In a matter of seconds, he was asleep again.

With a small smirk, Harris rolled his eyes, and wondered, like he did every single day why he was best friends with a weirdo like Travis. The reason was simple, though. Whatever happened, even since they first met, Travis has always been there and also had a sensetive side and was able to give as good advice as any agony aunt, and since Harris wasn't the most careful one of all people, Travis was always there to help him out.

When Harris was 12, it was about the time he has began puberty, and being the curious boy he was he registered him self for a porn website with his mums debit card, paying 30 pounds a month. 

When the bank report came, Harris was due to be grounded for a month, but Travis turned out of the blue and took the blame, just like that. Another time was when Harris was crossing the road without looking both ways and when a car came, Travis jumped like a superhero, and knocked the absent minded Harris out of the way. The car hit him, but it stopped soon enough and Travis escaped with only a broken arm and a couple of bruises.

There were many other situations like that, and Harris feels that he will never be as a good friend to Travis as Travis is to him.

It was around 6 am by the time Harris has finished taking a shower, washing his hair with starberry falvoured shampoo. It may have been girly that he used strawberry flavoured shampoo, but it made his hair smell nice to he wasnt the type of person to care. 

He continued his routine by blow-drying his hair and combing it into its usual style and got changed into a casual jeans and a band t-shirt. It was only 6:30 so he had an hour before he had to leave for work, so he descided to kill his time on the computer, checking his Reddit account. 

Then he remembered something that made him freeze on the spot and smile like an idiot.

Yesterday he remembered he arranged to meet up with Mahiha. Yes, Mahiha , the girl that he has spoken to on the internet for 5 years and has bonded with her so strongly. He was finally meeting her! He has waited for the moment they meet for ages and ages but was just too scared to ask her. No one, even Travis knew about Mahiha but he was not scared to admit that she was one of his best friends. She was not like most girls-she was gorgeous but incredibly smart as well. 

While most girls only talk about twitter and 'fit' boys they see on the TV, with Mahiha Harris could discuss topics such as politics, art, music...The list went on for ages, and even though they spoke every single day they never ran out of things to talk about. 

With the smile not coming off his face, Harris went on the computer for about 45 minutes, watching a couple of clips on youtube-youtube was a website you can never get bored of. You go on there to watch one video but yopu see another one in the suggestions that grabs your interest and then another one...and another one.

It was 7:15, and Harris thought that he should wake up his sleeping friend who was still stretched out on the floor, snoring  his head off. 

Harris shook Travis' shoulder gently.

'Travis, wake up you lazy hippo.'

'5 more minutes.' groaned Travis, rolling on his side and covering his head with the white blanket. 

Harris rolled his eyes.

'No, it's quarter past 7, I let you sleep as long as possible, now get up, no excuses.'

Nothing. No sound or movement came from Travis, as if he was dead. t was obvious that he has fallen asleep again.

That was when Harris has lost his patience. He woulod never usually do this, he was just not cruel enough, but he has had enough of trying to wake Travis up in a nice manner. 

He grabbed the blanketand using all his strength, yanked it off his friend.

Travis let out a scream, and since he slept topless in just his pyjama bottoms, he tried desperately to cover himself up using his pillow, but when he realised it wasn't working at all, he sat up rubbing his eyes.

'How dare you!' he yelled at Harris.'Can't you just wake me up nicely! I'm going  to get you back for that one, sir!' 

Harris couldn't help but laugh.

'Ok, ok. I'm sorry, I just didn't know what else to do, I tried everything and you didn't move a muscle. Now go and get ready, I'm going to call a taxi to pick us up in 15 minutes.'

Harris flicked through the morning channels while Travis struggled to put on his clothes from yesterday, not even getting up from the floor. When the cab arrived, both of the boys were completely ready, and they headed out of the door, Harris locking it behind him as they did. 

They entered the corridor, with an elevator at the end and around 7 doors to appartments lined up along the wall.

Suddenly, one of the doors opened and a man wearing a dressing gown and slippers stepped out. He was in his 50's or 60's and had a bit of long stubble growing round his red, square shaped head. The mans expression read nothing but pure anger.

'Shit, not this again.' thought Harris, biting his lip.

'You stupid little idiot!' Yelled the man at the top of his lungs. 'Who on this earth do you think you are!  Why don't you go and live with your mummy, this is the 3rd time I have to complain tio you about waking me up at 5:30 in the morning!'

Harris cleared his throat.

'Once again, I am incredibly sorry sir, I try and do my best to be quiet every morning, it's not as if I play loud music, all I do is take a shower and get ready for work.'

'But I am a very light sleeper, you stupid fuck! I am going to phone the council about this!'

'Well sir, I am pretty sure the council won't listen to you because it's not my fault that you're a light sleeper, and I do not engage in any activity that involves producing a very large quantity of sound.'

And with that, Harris and Travis walked off, leaving the man speechless. Harris had a truimphant expression on his face and Travis was trying his best not to laugh.

'Once again, you owned him mate!' Laughed  Travis as they stood by the elevator waiting for it to make it's way to the 6th floor.

'I have my ways.' Smiled Harris. Unlike Travis, he was not the sort of person to laugh at everything, especially things that he did. However, whenever Travis did something incredibly silly, even Harris couldn't hold himself in and fell on the floor laughing.

'And the way that you went all smart-ass on him! That was hilarious!' Travis was clutching his belly with laughter.

As they entered the elevator Travis kept going on and on about how Harris had shown that man, but the boy blocked out his talk as he had only one thing on his mind-Mahiha.

He senced the day was going to be long and he wouldn't make his manager happhy since he wouldn't be able to concentrate at all. He kept wondering what Mahiha would look like-on all her pictures she was beautiful, but Harris didn't know wether they were photoshopped or fake. Never the less, he shook the thought away-he knew Mahiha too well, and she wouldn't lie to him like that.

Even if Mahiha turned out looking any diffrent in real life, it wouldn't stop Harris from liking her-he never judged people on their looks-looks were created by mother nature, their personality was what was given by god. He never judged people if they were different-that thought mde him look at Travis. He was leaning casually against the wall of the elevator, whistling the thomas the tank engine tune and inspecting his hand. 

Travis and Harris had alot of mutual friends because when they were out of school, Harris took his friend to meet his other ones. He rememembered a time about a year ago...

Harris and his friends were sitting in a park having a picnik. Travis was there and so were 5 other people.

Harris nibbled on his red apple.

'I've been really into hard rock recently, the lyrics are so much better then pop, you know, lyrics help the song really get to your brain.'

'I don't understand when people say they HATE nickelback. I mean some of their songs really lack originality and meaning but ones like This means war are pretty good.' stated Annie, a girl with hair as orange as fire. 

'Hmph, what ya talking 'bout? Lil wayne's lyrics are amazing.' James rolled his eyes sarcasticly. Everyone chuckled appart from Travis. Harris looked over to him to see him leaning over his jacket potato, gobbling it up like it was his last meal. 

'W-what do you think, Travis?' Harris asked, trying desperately to get his friend into the conversation because he hasn't said a thing since they got there. 

Travis cleared his throat and swallowed a mouthful of potato.

'I think...' he began.'That this potato could of used a tiny bit more cheese.'

Harris smiled at the memory but was snapped out of his thought as the elevator came to a stop and the door opened. 

'Cmon.' Travis nudged Harris. 

They stepped outside and the chilly march air hit Harrises face and the wind blew back his brown hair. He used his hands to get it back into its usual side-swept style. 

Harris lived on quiet a busy street in london, and at 7:30 the street was already in its full heat and Harris could feel the rush around him. The place never stopped moving. 

He spotted his cab waiting for him and Travis parcked on the side of the road, and they went over, budging through the numerous people walking along the pedestrian line, muttering a couple of 'exuse me's. The same cabbie picked the boys up every day and the same taxi driver, so he new exactly where they were going.

They got inside the car, both in the back because Harris and Travis found it easier that way to talk to each other during the 10 minute journey. 

'Hey, Steve.' The boys greeted the taxi driver. 

'Hello. You guys ok?' The driver replied.

'Yeah, thanks!' replied Harris.

'I'm doing mighty fine!' replied Travis. Harris rolled his eyes.

Steve was a man in his 50's and has wroked as a cabbie driver for 2 years. He was a very large man with a big belly, and a long red face. The boys didn't know much about him because he never talked to them during the journey appart from the hello they said in the morning. 

Both boys found them very creepy but didnt care, he was nice enough to give them a lift every morning. For money of course. 

The journey took a bit longer then usual because of the traffic which was heavier then usual. They arrived at Harrise's work first, before Steve continued on taking Travis over to his. They said their goodbyes and Harris payed Steve before getting out of the car. He was there. 

He looked up at his work place-good old Subway. Harris was anticipating to startr university next year, finish it and get out of that place for good. It was the same for Travis-he worked in McDonalds which, as many people know wasn't a very honored job. 

It was going to be a very long day, but Harris shook off the thought.

'Just 6 more painful hours until it's over!' he thought to himself and walked in. 

The fast food place opened in 10 minutes, and Harris went into the changing rooms and put on his uniform, before walking behind the counter. 

His 2 coleges, Gabriel and Polly were sitting down, both tapping away on their phones, waiting for work to start. He looked around and didn't see his manager, Davie anywhere. He must be busy counting the cash they earned yesterday. That man was crazy about money.

'Hey.' Harris greeted Gabriel and Polly.

'Sup man.' Gabriel replied and Polly just smiled.

Polly wasn't beautiful, she was nearly pretty but Harris always thought of her as averege. She was slightly chubby and had very pale skin and small eyes. Her very straight blonde hair came down to just above her shounders. She was shy and barely spoke, and Harris understood that because she has had a very hard life. She dropped out of school when she was 14 because of a severe drug addiction. Her parents loved her and tried getting her into rehab but she would refuse to go. She only realised that her life was being ruined about 5 months ago and went to rehqb finaly and started work in Subway, attempting to get her life back on track. 

As for Gabriel, he was going to uni like Harris next year to work in telecommunications, his parents were wealthy but he didnt depend on them so he planned on opening his own company. He was a talkative guy but he was very serious about his studying and sometimes even left work early. 

The door to the back room swung open and his manager walked out. He was a small man with a monobrow and he was completely bald. He was only friendly when he felt he had enough customers and of course, money. 

'Good morning, my good emploes!' he said smiling and making his wrinkles really obvious and Harris chuckled to himself.

The rest of the day went slow. They had alot of visitors as usual since it was the biggest subway in london and Harris spent 6 hours making pointless sandwiches, he was anticipating for 2 o'clock when his shift ended.

When his manager dismissed him, he liturally flew into his normal clothes and shot outside, waiting for steve to pick him up. 

When Steve's cab pulled up, Travis was already in there, and as Harris hoped in they greeted eachother. 

'How was work?' Questioned Harris.

'It was good.' replied Travis and began laughing uncontrolably. 'I was carrying drinks and a big mac over to a table when some little brat ran over and pulled down my trousers, and since I forgot to wear a belt i was left standing there in my boxers with everyone, trust me, everyone laughing at me. I was so angry so I poured some coke on the kids head and he obviously began crying. I was like, shit, I'm gonna get fired, but instead my boss nearly died laughing.' he managed to say.

Harris was laughing so hard at Travis' ridicilous story, especially at the part when he pured coke on the kids head. He was laughing so much that tears appeared in his eyes for about 5 nminutes and he could even hear Steve laughing. They spent the rest of the journey remembering things that happened to them and sharing lame jokes that weren't even funny. 

The cab stopped outside Harrises appartment block first since Travis lived on the outskits of London with his family. The second they said goodbye to each other, Harris ran to the elevator and to his appartment , remembering he had about 2 hours before he was due to be at the park to meet Mahiha.

He took a quick shower, washing his hair once again which was dirty from the long day, and then dried it before putting on his dark blue jeans and a checkred shirt with some trainers. He phones up his gym and let them know he wont be attening. Even thought it wasn't until 7 o'clock but him and Mahiha would have alot to talk about. 

By the time he finished getting ready it was 3 o'clock and he texted Mahiha to make sure she was still free.

He said:

'Hey Mahiha, still meeting you today at 4?(:'

She texted him back 2 minutes later.

'Of course!'

He smiled to himself like a mad person and killed him time watching some weird TV shows.

At half 3 he phoned a cab which arrived 5 minutes later. He put on his coat and went out, slipping his iPhone into his pocket and going down into the elevator.

The cab driver was a young man, not much older then Harris himself. That made the boy think about getting a drivers licence soon, but he would have to save up for a decent car soon. Maybe a mini or something like that. 

They drove in silence, because Harris didnt feel like talking. Nerves took over him since he didn't know wheather Mahiha isnt the sort of person he though she was, but yet again she never lied to him about anything and they never had an argument. He just needed to trust her, so he calmed down and took a sip of the water he took with him to stop sweating. 

They arrived at the park and Harris jumped out after paying the young driver. 

The park was the typical place people went to train their dogs, have nice walks and picniks. there werent  that many people there when Harris walked in because the air was quiet chilly and the grass was still wet even though it's way past morning. He walked along for a bit, taking a deep breath and letting the air and the nature around him calm his nerves.

The pulled out his phone. 

'Where are you?' he text Mahiha.

'I'll be waiting for you on one of the benches by the play area.' she text back immideatly.

He took slow steps towards the play area where a couple of kids were running around screaming.

He took a breath and looked at the 3 benches, explecting to see Mahiha's beautiful smiling face, but she wasn't there. The benches were empty appart from one man, who was reading a news paper on his lap. The man looked a bit like steve, with the same long red face but he was a bit fatter and was dressed like a farmer, the typical trousers with braces and straw hat look. 

Harris was confused since it was already past 4, but maybe she was buying a drink or something, or a bit late. He descided to go over and sit next to the man. 

As he was close, he inspected the mans features. He had a big nose and his eyes were dark like Harrises. A strong smell of vodka was coming off him, making Harris wrinkle his nose. 

They sat there for around 5 minutes and Harris played with his fingers. Why wasn't she there?

'Waiting for someone?' the man suddenly said, still looking at his newspaper. Harris took a minute before asnwering but thought the man was only trying to be friendly and breaking the awkward silence between them.

'Yeah, a friend.'

The man looked up at him.

'By any chance, is she called...'the man smirked.'Mahiha?'

Harris' eyes went wide with shock. What?!

'W-w-wh'Harris started muttering. 'How do you know?!' he began backing away.

The man let out a deep laugh.

'Oh, I know alot of things about you, Harris Raidon Mayne.'

And with that, the man put something black over Harris' head. Harris tried letting out a scream but it felt as if his airways were blocked. 

Something hard hit him on the head, sending a wave of pain through him. But the pain went away because it all went black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So hey guys! sorry no upload in ages!

so what do you think? whats your opinion on harris?

Make me happy by commenting and voting(:

Have a good day! xx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 11K 12
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
932K 21.2K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
581K 51.8K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
304K 7.6K 110
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...