I Hated You First ➸ Larry

By guardianzayngels

[COMPLETE | AU] With some demons haunting him from his past, Harry is excited to start college to get a relax... More

I Hated You First
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
A Message for You Lovely Larries

Chapter 1

37.7K 1.2K 4.3K
By guardianzayngels

*Harry's POV*

I couldn't belive it. I was attending Manchester University, my dream school. I've wanted to attend Manchester since I was in year nine. Now here I am. Man it felt so good to get away. Away from Gemma, mum, and Robin. Don't get me wrong I love my family dearly and miss them, but I'm in college now! I have my own flat! For once I felt like a real adult. I can do whatever the hell I wanted.

I can throw my clothes on the ground without having mum yell, "Harry, I spend 30 pounds on that shirt now put it away neatly."

Or I could leave some food out without having her yell, "Harry Edward Styles, you have exactly 10 seconds to put away those crackers or I'll throw this frying pan at you."

It was just nice to get away and not having to worry. Well scratch that I am worried. Like really worried. I was about to attend my first day of college. I was super nervous. I was taking Creative Writing, Sociology and Criminology, Business Studies and Politics, and Philosophy. I also had a free period to eat lunch which was from 12:30 to 1:10. 

○●○●○●○●○●

When I pulled up to the school, my mouth dropped. Of course I had seen it before from campus tours and pictures online, but I still couldn't believe I was here. It was a beautiful school I might add. Lush green lawns, tall and brick old-timey buildings. There were also some new, modern buildings. Somehow the old and new just blended together. That's what I liked about it. I parked my shitty 1996 Chevy Impala in the student parking lot. Geez I really needed a new car.

I've had this one since Junior year after I got my license. It had been my mum's old car and she somehow never got rid of the junk. I sighed trying to close the car door for the fifth time. When I finally did, I slung my messenger bag over my shoulder and pulled my phone out to see the time. It was 8:23 and my first class, which was Creative Writing, started in seven minutes.

Geez I hoped I look good. I spend ten minutes trying to pick out what to wear. I settled for some blue skinny jeans, brown boots, and a plaid shirt with a white one underneath. When I was nearing the building, I heard a yelp. I turned around with furrowed brows, trying to figure out what was going on. There was this bloke being picked on by another bloke.

The one who was being picked on had blue eyes with nice blonde hair that was brown at the roots. He was quite fit actually. The arsehole who was picking on him had black hair that was styled in a quiff and he had these stone cold brown almost golden eyes. He was fit as well, but I thought the blonde one was more attractive considering he wasn't the one who was a dickhead. I stepped closer to hear what they were saying.

"So I see you're back for another year?" the black-haired boy said.

"Y-yeah" the blonde choked.

"What did I tell you about coming back to this school, Ni?" he asked.

The blonde one just stared at the ground not answering. Then the black-haired grabbed him by his collar and shoved him against the wall. The poor blonde winced, a whimper escaping his lips.

"What. Did. I. Say. Ni?" he asked again slowly.

"Y-you said n-not to come b-back, because I d-don't belong here" the blonde stuttered.

"And why don't you belong here?" the black-haired boy asked with this evil smirk on his lips.

"Y-you said this school didn't allow faggots like me" he answered. 

Oh no he didn't! My body started to warm up like it was on fire. I was so fucking pissed off at what that black-haired arsehole said that to him. I loathed homophobes so much. Well obviously because I'm gay myself. I quickly stomped over to him.

"Hey, tosser!" I yelled. They both looked over at me, but I was staring directly at the black-haired guy. He let go of the blonde boy and turned to me.

"What the hell did you just call me?" he asked clenching his teeth.

"You heard me, arsehole! Don't you fucking pick on him! He didn't do shit to you so back off! And you definitely shouldn't be picking on him because he's gay! There's nothing wrong with being gay I am" I yelled angrily.

"Yeah I can tell" he smirked crossing his arms over his chest.

At that moment I totally lost my cool. I punched him square in his face. His head flew back and he clutched his now bleeding nose. 

"You stupid cunt!" he yelled walking off.

I watched him walk off, jumping when I felt a hand on my shoulder and I whirled around.

"T-thank you" the blonde boy said.

"No problem, he's an arsehole" I replied.

The blonde boy's face lit up and he showed a small smile.

"I'm Niall, Niall Horan" he said reaching his hand out.

Harry, Harry Styles" I greeted shaking his hand.

I then looked at my phone again to see the time. 8:26. 

"Crap" I muttered walking off.

"What's wrong?" Niall asked running behind me to catch up.

"Nothing I just need to get to class. Can't be late on the first day" I smiled.

He smiled back saying, "Yeah, true. What class do you have?"

"Creative Writing" I replied.

"Hey me too!"  he said.

"Really? That's cool."

"Maybe we'll sit by each other."

"Yeah, maybe."

○●○●○●○●○●

Thankfully me and Niall were only two minutes late to class and the professor wasn't even in yet. Me and Niall sat in the middle of classroom but near a window. I needed something to look out of if I got bored.

"So who was that dick that was picking on you?" I asked.

Niall visibly winced and bit his lip. "His name's Zayn Malik. He's been torturing me since I came out gay last year in accounting class. Well more like he announced it to the class and I didn't know what to do so I finally had to give up and agree with his statement" he explained.

"Wow what a douche" I muttered.

"Oh tell me something I don't know" Niall rolled his eyes. "So you're gay too, huh?" 

"Yep" I said.

"Well that's really great" Niall replied smiling widely. "We should hang out sometime."

I giggled. "Sure, how about lunch? My lunch is from 12:30-1:10."

Niall's eyes grew wide. "Mine too!"

I smiled. "Cool we should get a bite to eat. Where do you wanna go?"

Right then the professor entered. I looked over at Niall and he gave a sympathetic smile knowing we couldn't continue our convo. But while, Mr. Dephlan was introducing himself to the class, Niall pushed a note over to me that read:

Well considering you're new here (and yes I can tell that you're new here lol) I should show you around. Today we'll go to Emma's Diner. You'll love it, especially if you're with me;).

I smiled and looked over at Niall who was already staring at me with this grin on his face. He winked at me then turned to hear Mr. Dephlan. I then turned to Mr. Dephlan to hear him. This was gonna be a good day...

○●○●○●○●○●

While me and Niall were sitting at Emma's Diner munching on burgers and fries and talking he asked me something I was kinda picky on talking about. My life in middle school.

"So what about middle and high school? Did you have fun?" he asked with a mouthful of fries.

The grin that I previously had quickly went away. Niall must've noticed because he sat down his soda and looked at me with a straight face.

"What happened? I mean you don't have to talk about it if you don't wanna" he said.

"No it's cool" I replied. 

I took a sip of my lemonade and then sighed heavily carding my fingers through my knotted curls. "Do you wanna know why I saved you from Zayn today?"

Niall nodded his head, a little confused but I continued.

"I used to be bullied in middle school by this guy. His name was Louis. God he was an arsehole, but anyway he used to bully me a lot. In sixth grade he'd just call me names and sometimes pull my hair or trip me. Then in seventh grade he started taking my lunch money, breaking into my locker and stealing my shit, punching me and stuff, and outing me in front of the class. Then my eight grade year it only got worse. He started doing all those things including egging and toilet papering my house. One time he even keyed my mom's car writing 'my son's a stupid fag' on it."

Niall's eyes grew wide as he took a bite out of his burger. "Geez."

"I know. A week before he keyed my mom's car though he outted me in class telling everyone I was gay. We were talking about a male dancer from the 1950's, I forget who, but then the teacher, Mrs. Henson asked why the dancer had a passion for dancing or something and Louis blurted out, 'I don't know why don't you ask Harry he's gay.'"

Niall scoffed and took a sip of his soda while nodding at me to continue.

"Anyway the whole class laughed and Louis only got a warning. No detention or anything. All Mrs. Henson did was tell him that wasn't nice and he needs to stop, but obviously he never did" I sighed.

"Then what happened?"

"He kept picking on me for the rest of year. At the end of year there was this talent show and I wanted to show the school I had something. I wanted to prove to them I was somebody. Espcially since it was my last year there, I thought why the hell not and I auditioned and was able to perform. But as I was singing 'Isn't She Lovely' during the show, Louis somehow snuck up behind me and pantsed me. Then he yelled out 'hey, all the boys look at my crotch I'm gay and I want you to touch it.'"

Niall's jaw dropped, food falling out in the process. "What the hell, that's so fucked up."

I nodded my head while popping some fries in my mouth.

"They couldn't give him any punishment though because it was the third to last day of school and they stopped giving detentions near the end of year. But fortunetly he moved away and I didn't see him at all through high school which made my high school career great."

"That's good" Niall replied. "Sorry all that stuff happened to you. You didn't deserve it."

"Thanks. I'm just glad I never have to see his dumbass ever again" I joked.

Niall grinned and nodded in agreement as we proceeded to finish our meal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 13.4K 32
Harry Styles is a loner with social anxiety and a boring life. His past constantly mocks him and he has a severe self harm addiction that nobody, not...
Black Bird By Ash

Fanfiction

543K 17.4K 41
Larry Stylinson Story (Completed) Harry bullies Louis... but that doesn't stop Louis from falling for him. Rated R: language, mild drinking...
8.7K 368 21
Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles. Two boys who have hopeless crushes on one another, despite never having a conversation. Their lives are far from pe...
39.2K 1K 25
Harry is in his second year of high-school but high-school would've been torture without his brother, Liam and his bestfriend, Niall. And it was abo...