Protecting Cecilia

By LeslieThroneberry

Cecilia was never meant to be...but she came. Her parents can't stand her; mentally and physically abusing he... More

Cecilia
A new Place-Again
Feeling not worthy
Does it even matter
Hallucinating
Just want to end the pain
Weston
Why Me??
Mrs. Banks-Does she actually care
Drama at school and home
She really cares about me
Auditioning
Valentine's Day- Not just another day
Broken Girl
Confronting Him!
Behind Closed Doors
Searching for Weston's Body
Don't leave me...
Another lonely night
Seeing Weston
My Mistake
If only...
They think they can save me
All the rumors
Telling off Moma
Darkness surrounds me
Bumping into her
Please forgive me...
The waiting room
Waking up
Love is in the air
Moving in with the Grandparents
Just us...
Being there
My first date
Saturday at Emily's
Give them something to talk about
Panic at the talent show
On the beach
Getting caught
Our Secret
Dancing with Weston
Trying to Survive
Saving Cecilia
Safe now
Graduation gift
Moving to the beach
You got me
Epilogue:
Song list for Protecting Cecilia

Chaos in the courtroom

1.8K 86 13
By LeslieThroneberry

Song: Listen by Beyoncé ----- Song suggestion by a dedicated reader, missannabellakay thanks for reading and for the suggestion.

The rest of the weekend, I played the songs on my phone. Emily had to show me how to look up videos on YouTube. I know right seventeen and can't figure half this stuff out. So I search until I find a song I might be able to work with.

Grammy slept with me the first few nights, now I sleep with the door closed and I lock it to keep everything out. They have a key if they really need to get to me. I have to double check the windows to make sure they are also secure and locked. The other thing I have been doing which may seem childish but I do it anyway, I look in my closet and look under my bed. I just know he is coming for me and I don't want any surprises lurking in the dark.

Chipper is in my bed now. He lets me cuddle him all night and I know if anyone gets near me he will wake me up barking to get my attention.

Nothing important has happened at school. Everyone seems to ignore me still, well except for Emily and most of the Drama class. And if it wasn't for Weston, I don't think I could get by a day. He is always there when I need him the most, like he just knows what is going on around me including in my own head.

However on Wednesday I have to go to court. Weston wants to go but he was told he should stay at school. They are sentencing my parents today. I really don't want to go but I was told I had to be there by my lawyer.

The whole ride to the court house I feel nauseous. I just know I'm not going to make it there before I puke up my breakfast. My stomach is all in knots. By the time we pull up my heart is racing, my chest feels like its closing in, cutting off my air supply. I feel so lightheaded like I'm going to pass out. I can feel the blood drain from my face.

Pops opens the back door for me. He looks at me and his expression changes. "Hey kido you ok?"

I shake my head no. I hadn't planned on getting out, however I get up and rush to a nearby bush and empty out my stomach.

Grammy is by my side in no time with tissues. "You look pale as a ghost." She hands me the tissues so I can wipe my mouth. Pops hands me a bottle of water. They are always prepared for everything, I guarantee she even has band aids in her purse among anything else first aid wise. "Do you want us to tell them you're not able to do this today?"

I shake my head no. "Let's just get this over with. I never want to see them again."

We sit on one side and I watch as the door opens to the left. They walk in together, my mom behind my dad. Both have on handcuffs with their arms in front of them. She never looks up at me, but him he finds me right off the bat and he stares me down. I sit in the middle of Grammy and Pops and they both hold each hand. I grip a little too hard and they both look at me. "It's going to be ok kido...take a deep breath we are here for you," says Pops.

The trial last all freakin' day. Questions after questions. I didn't know Mrs. Banks would be here but she is and gives her testimony in my situation. When she is done she leaves. She tries to smile at me and I can tell she is trying to hold back tears. My grandparents also were asked to go to the stand to give their input. Then I am asked.

I answer all their questions truthfully; I have no reason to lie. I have to recount all the times I was punished or just the beating in general. I try to be specific as possible. I have to stop a few times because there were a lot of times that were so bad that I just wanted to die and talking about them today flooded my mind with all those bad memories that I wanted to keep hidden. Mrs. Lasher and Mrs. Bush are here and they present pictures that they had taken of me. They also have pictures of the time I was in the hospital. I have all the proof I need to prove that I was beaten all the time.

I try so hard to avoid his eyes as he stares me down. Most of the day I look down at the floor. They are not that far away from me but every time I happen to look up he is looking at me. I wish someone would say something to him, surely the judge can tell he keeps staring at me.

Apparently this is their second day in court and the judge wants an answer today, if the jury can give the verdict today. By the time five o'clock rolls around I am drained and just want to go home to take a long nap.

"All rise for the honorable Judge Anderson, order in the court."

The judge asks the jury if they have a verdict.

"Yes we do your honor."

"You may please stand and tell the court."

"We the jury find Mr. Tucker guilty of seventeen years of child abuse, guilty of a seventeen year of child neglect and guilty of attempted murder."

So many voices flood the room and it's hard to hear what they are saying.

"We the jury find Mrs. Tucker guilty of seventeen years of child abuse and seventeen years of child neglect."

More voices around the room. Both the grandparents mumble under their breath.

The judge starts talking. "Mr. Tucker the jury has found you guilty on several counts. You are hereby sentenced for seventeen years for the child abuse, additional seventeen years for child neglect and another ten years for the attempted murder of your daughter. You abused her for seventeen years and therefore will serve for each year of her abuse. That is a total of forty-four years in prison."

"Mrs. Tucker, the jury has also found you guilty and you will also serve the seventeen years each for abuse and neglect, a total of thirty-four years in prison."

People all around me are making comments about how that's too much or not enough time, among other comments that they should have just gotten life.

My father rises from his seat and turns to look at me. I see the haunting expression on his face that terrifies the living daylights out of me. I see the wickedness and hatred in his eyes. Before anyone realizes it he jumps over the dividing wall and his hands are around my throat. Fingers dig into my neck, cutting off my air way. Officers are trying to pull him off of me, including my Pops.

He practically spits in my face, as his grip tightens. "I will kill you, you bitch. I'm coming after you."

I hear the judge faintly in the background banging his gavel. "Order in the court, order!" There is so much commotion that my mind blocks everything out around me. Everything but him. I know he is not lying. I know he will find a way out to get me.

It takes several officers to pull him off of me. Once his hands are off I gasp for air. He is back on the other side of the wall now. "Mr. Tucker..." yells the judge. "You just bought yourself double the time. I will not have this commotion in my court room. Take him out of here now."

They have to end up tazing him twice and hauled him out thrashing about and cussing. My mom is lead right behind him. Hopefully that will be the last time I ever see them but something deep down says that's not the last of my father.

"Cecilia are you alright?" ask the judge.

I shake my head yes. My hands are still around my neck.

"I still want to make sure she is alright so let's make sure she gets medical attention once you leave alright."

My grandparents agreed at the same time.

"Now we have other matters to discuss. I am granting the Grandparents sole custody of Cecilia. I am also requesting that Cecilia gets counseling and has a physiatrist to administer any medications she may need."

My grandparents agreed with him again.

"Cecilia I am sorry that any child has to go through the life you had to go through. I hope that here on out that you will have the life that you deserve. Make the best out of it. Make good decisions."

I nod my head then say, "yes sir."

The minute we walk out of the court house, local reporters surround us with cameras flashing everywhere. My grandparents rush me to the car without saying a word to anyone.

They are talking up front in the car, but I don't hear them. I have blocked out everything around me. All I see is his eyes; all I hear is his voice. We get to the emergency room to have my new bruises looked at. Of course everything is clear. I'm fine just a few bruises and scratches from his nails.

"I need to go to the restroom." I tell my grandparents as I stop by the woman's restroom. I go in and pee then wash my hands. The girl in the mirror stares back at me. She still has bruises on her face from the last time, the time it hit a mirror almost two weeks ago. I raise my head up to look at my neck. Dark purple finger print marks now shine, where he dug so deep. I count them, each bruised finger tip he left behind. I close my eyes trying not to recall everything that just happened but I just can't get him out of my mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe I'm almost at 2k...thank you guys for reading about Cecilia. I would love to hear comments about the story if any. Also thanks for voting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 192 19
***Trigger warning: torture, blood, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, substance abuse, rape, eating disorder, gore, abortion attempt, abortion*** A 20 ye...
424K 8.2K 57
Why me? Oh, hi. I'm Ellie. Ellie Nicole Beckett. I, sadly have four brothers. They like to bully me a lot. They hate me, and so do my parents. I wi...
336 13 16
***"Scream if you find anything" He says "I have my- "I begin to say realizing my gun was no longer with me. "Yeah I took your gun when we came here"...
228K 6.6K 39
Ethan went to boarding school every year, he didn't love it but it was better than staying home. Every year it was the same, maybe some new classes b...