Fallin' All In You; Shawn Men...

By ILLUMlNATE

"There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free fallin' all in you..." ... More

Visuals
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Twenty-Seven

4.6K 201 76
By ILLUMlNATE

Chapter 27

A Million Dreams

"Wait start singing again."

•••

Peyton

Growing up I always loved kids, I knew from a young age I wanted a family of my own. One to raise the way I wish I could have been raised. One where they can be whoever they wanted to be. I was always good with kids as well, I wasn't sure what it was. Every single baby or kid I came across they just smiled and came up to me.

As I grew up I'd have baby fever, I knew I didn't want one so soon. But I couldn't wait for the day I did start my family. I couldn't wait to be pregnant, but I didn't realize that it's not everything it's said or shown in movies. There was a ton of symptoms and pain that came with creating a tiny human.

Some I've already faced and some I will still face when the time comes. And they will be painful but worth it. All of it is worth the pain. She was worth it.

•••

My mother had disappeared from the house after our argument. Serenity said she went to go talk to others and triple check everything for the wedding. I didn't buy it, she probably went to go tell everyone but making up a lie with it. I could already hear the many lies but I didn't think of her too long. I could careless what she did or said.

The rest of the day we stayed inside the house and just had a chill day. I suggested it because Serenity already wanted to drag us out of the house after breakfast. My back was hurting more than usual, I wasn't feeling all too well either. Then Shawn has been up and hasn't slept at all so I thought it would be best to take the first day slow.

"Have you done the nursery yet?" Serenity asked as we all sat on the couch.

Serenity sat on one side with her fiancé. My dad sat in the arm chair and Shawn sat next to me. It was about nine in the afternoon and they were still drinking. Well my dad was drinking whiskey and my sister and her fiancé were drinking wine. Shawn had a glass earlier but then he stuck to water. And well I can only drink water so that's what I was having.

"Not yet, I'm planning on decorating it when we get back to San Francisco." I said before taking a sip of my water.

"How did you find out you were having a girl?" My Dad asked.

"Uh Shawn is friends with an OBGYN and we got in to get blood drawn. It took a week to get the results back and well they told us over the phone." I explained.

My dad looked sad, "I wish I could have known. You know if your mom wasn't stubborn and the way she was we would've thrown a party."

"I wish I could have told you, I would've loved to do a gender reveal. I've dreamt of having a kid for so long, had everything planned out. But things just don't go according to plan sometimes. Besides I know she'll do one for Serenity whenever she decides to have kids." I told him.

Serenity pouted, "Okay well doesn't mean we can't throw you a baby shower!"

I gave her a confused look, "Like you all head up to San Francisco?"

She shook her head, "We will do it in two days. While you are here, it's perfect."

I shook my head, "As much as I appreciate it, cause I do. I don't think mom would agree, plus it's your week not mine."

Serenity rolled her eyes, "Yeah it is my week and I'm choosing to share it with my baby sister and future niece. And if mom doesn't agree then we will throw it somewhere else. Like the beach or a park, Dad will help. Come on this will be fun." She pleaded for me to say yes.

I looked up at Shawn who had a smile on his face. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine, but we didn't come all this way expecting a baby shower." I sighed.

Serenity got so excited. She rambled in about so many ideas she had which made me laugh. I then seen Shawn yawn from the corner of my eye. I took that as a sign that we should go to bed.

"I think we are going to call it a night." I told them as I patted Shawns leg.

"Okay, we will talk more tomorrow." Serenity told me still super excited to be planning my baby shower.

We said goodnight to everyone before Shawn and I headed upstairs and back to my room. I sighed as I dug through my bag to get my pajamas. I took the clothes out along with my makeup remover and went into my bathroom to get ready for bed. Once I was done I walked back into my room to see Shawn was wearing sweats and another white shirt.

"You have successfully survived a day with my family." I said as I drew back the covers.

Shawn took off his watch and set it down on the bedside table. He chuckled before pulling back the covers on his side. We both got on the bed, since it was expected to play the part. If we were a real couple we would be sleeping in the same bed, but it was still somewhat awkward.

"It was rough the first few minutes of being here but it definitely got better." Shawn said as he laid on his side so he faced me.

"Yeah cause my mom left. But don't expect that to happen again for the next six days." I told him with a laugh.

"Well there will be guests right? So don't you think she'd behave more?" He asked.

I looked up at the ceiling and shrugged, "Who knows? Knowing her she'd surprise us all and snap."

"Your Dad is nice." Shawn said when it got silent.

I smiled, "He is, that's how he was when my grandmother was around. I'm glad that me being pregnant at least changed him."

It then got silent but I couldn't sleep. There was just something odd about sleeping back in this room. I sighed just wanting to sleep, especially since I slept uncomfortably last night. Now I was in a bed and my body decided it didn't want to sleep.

"Can't sleep?" Shawn asked.

I looked over at him and laughed, "Sorry if I'm bothering you."

"You're fine, if it's me I can sleep on the floor. Or that couch by the window." Shawn suggested thinking it was because of him.

I shook my head, "Its not you. I don't know what it actually is. My body isn't letting me sleep and counting sheeps isn't working." I informed him.

"Want me to sing you to sleep?" Shawn asked.

"You wanna sing me to sleep?" I asked laughing a little.

But in reality I was freaking out on the inside. My heart was beating so fast and my stomach was doing flips. Shawn smiled but I could see how tired he was. He scooted closer so that our arms were touching.

"Every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head a million dreams are keeping me awake..." Shawn started singing.

I was about to comment on his song choice because I absolutely adored The Greatest Showman. But before I could speak I felt a very noticeable kick. I felt her kick every now and then since the first time. Though it was never that powerful.

"Oh my god." I said sitting up and putting my hand on where I felt the kick.

Shawn looked at me wide awake now. He had a look of panic on his face.

"What is it? Is there something wrong?" He asked.

I was silently wishing for her to do it again but nothing. It's like she knew I freaked out and decided to stop.

"Nothings wrong, she just kicked." I informed him wanting to calm him down.

He sighed and sank back down, "You scared me. Has she never kicked before?" Shawn questioned.

I nodded, "She has but it was hard this time. She's never kicked like that which is why it took me off guard." As I was explaining it that's when it hit me.

"Wait start singing again." I told him.

Shawn had a confused look but didn't question it, "I think of what the world could be, a vision of the one I see." He sang a little louder and that's when I felt her again.

I laughed, "I think she loves your singing. Watch feel." I told him as I grabbed his hand and put it on my belly.

"Now sing again." I said as I had my hand on his as it rested where she was kicking.

"A million dreams is all it's gonna take." Shawn sang this time closer to my belly.

And just like she had done before she kicked. Shawn had the biggest smile on his face when she kicked. I laughed knowing she would do this for him but not when I talk to her. Shawn then slowly took his hand away and that's when I realized how close we were.

"Well now you know if she ever gives you a problem when it comes to sleeping when she's born. You can just call me and I'll sing her to sleep." Shawn whispered as he backed away a little.

I nodded, "Yeah I will keep that in mind."

With that we laid back down and I was back to staring at the ceiling. Though this time it wasn't my body not being able to sleep. It was my thoughts that weren't allowing me to sleep.

Not only was she getting too used to Shawn but so was I.

•••

Despite all the crazy hormone swings, the constant need to pee. The back pains, the breast pains, feeling sick and having morning sickness. And having to push a human out of me later which will hurt. Things like this? Feeling my baby kick?

That made the back pain and all the symptoms so worth it.

Authors Note//
This was so cute
I have a lot of baby fever which explains why I have been updating so much
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 1.1K 60
"You only live once." This is the overly used excuse that we use every time we make a decision and that's fine because it's true. This also goes with...
25K 731 38
To you, he was your idol, your everything, your biggest inspiration. But to him, you were just another fan in the crowd. That was, until his eyes met...
26.4K 271 107
now those precious moments. that we carved in stone. are all the memories after all - completed
25.7K 601 105
no matter what they always find a way back to each other