The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 35: The New Beginning

223 4 2
By lyradavi11

King of Utsukushi-sa, Karasu's POV

     "What does an officer from the government want from me?" I asked in a cold tone. These people.. they killed the King and Queen of Kurisutaru. "It seems like all the rulers of the five great kingdoms despise us," the captain chuckled. "What can I say, you've taken something important from our lives," I glared. If looks could kill, he'd be rotting in hell right now. "Out with it already. What is it that you want from the kingdom of Utsukushi-sa?"

     "Your majesty, we would like permission to patrol the kingdom in search of Princess Chevelzo," he answered. My eyes widened and a scowl made its way on my face. "You already did that 3 months ago," I informed, trying to keep my calm although I was fuming inside. Keeping the celestial beasts a secret has brought so much harm upon us, but handing them over to the government could cause the whole world to come crumbling down. "That was, in fact, 3 months ago. She could have very well come now. Plus, she was sighted nearby this kingdom recently," he countered with a sly grin. "When will you stop this useless search for the princess? She's probably dead! There's no point in this!" I shouted in frustration. The officer just shook his head and awaited for my answer.

    I gritted my teeth, "How long will this be?" "2 months, your majesty," he answered and I threw my head back in anger. "2 months?!" I roared as I stood up from my throne. "Yes. We'll be doing this to the other 3 Great Kingdoms as well. She's bound to come to one," he answered with a smirk. I glared at him. I can't refuse. This is the government we're talking about. "Very well. Do as you please," I sneered. "Thank you, sir," he bowed as I dismissed him. I sighed as soon as he walked out the door. I won't be letting Akira outside this castle. Wig or no wig.

    "Father," Masaki greeted as she entered the great hall. "Masaki, where is.. Maria?" I asked with the fake name Princess Akira used to get past the guards. Masaki understood what I was asking and answered with a small smile, "She is in my room. She would like to speak to you, but she can't come here," she said, trying to deliver the message. "I will come to your room personally," I nodded as I made my way there.

    "Karasu-sama," Akira got of Masaki's bed and gave a bow immediately when I opened the door to Masaki's room. "Princess Akira," I smiled and bowed slightly as well. "Was there something you needed?" I asked. "Yes. I know it's quite selfish of me, but I would like to request of you to let me stay in your castle tonight. I will leave early tomorrow morning," she said with a smile. I sighed and shook my head, "You are not leaving this castle, Princess."

     "...Pardon me?!" she asked, but quickly apologized for raising her voice. "I'm thankful for your generous offer, but I will have to decline. I will only bring danger to Utsukushi-sa. I'm sure you, the king of this country, understands that more than anyone. If the government found out that your majesty is housing a criminal, I can only imagine what they'd do to this country," she informed bitterly. I shook my head. "I understand what you mean, but the government, their officers will be patrolling the kingdom. I can't afford to let you get caught. I'm afraid that they have a plan."

    "I have a wig, and lens. I could easily-" she reasoned before I cut her off. "Pardon me for cutting you off, Akira-hime, but even if you put on your wig, they might be able to figure you out. And while the country is quite important to me, so are you." She had a thoughtful expression on her face as she considered my offer. "Very well. May I ask how long?" she asked. "2 months," I answered with a small smile. Her eyes widened, but she quickly became calm again. "As you wish, your majesty. Your kindness is much appreciated," she bowed. "It's no trouble at all, my dear. I'm just glad you're safe," I smiled before going back to the main room to get back to my kingly duties.

~~~2 months later~~~

Third Person POV

    The government officers had left the Great Kingdoms, unsuccessful in getting Akira. There were a few times where she had almost been found out, but all was good in the end. Akira was done packing her stuff in her bag, and was ready to go. Her wig, lens, and hood all on. "I'm gonna miss you!" Masaki cried as she hugged Akira tightly, who hugged back as tightly as her. "I can't continue to danger Utsukushi-sa anymore. Thank you for keeping me until now. I'm in your debt. I will never forget your kindness. Farewell, Masaki, Karasu-sama," I smiled sadly.

    "Take care, Princess Akira," Karasu lowered his head in farewell. "Good bye, Akira. Please be safe," Masaki said with a sad smile. Akira returned the smile and nodded. Soon, she was out of the kingdom, and her dangerous journey continued once again.

~~~6 months later~~~

Akira's POV

    It was winter in this part of the world, and I had run out of food. I had been starving for a week now because I was a victim of a robbery. I wasn't even wearing my wig and lenses so those were stolen as well. Everything but my clothes. Karma, I guess. The only problem was that I couldn't steal anything, because I would get caught trying to steal money from a deep pocket in someone's jacket. I couldn't steal from any stalls either, 'cause from the few stalls that were outside, everything was covered, and was only opened once they got the money.

    I wanted to leave as soon as I could, but I had to wait till morning, because it was way too dark now. And the worst part is, I didn't even have a jacket! All I had was my tan colored cloak with me. I shivered as the wind picked up. I had taken a rest in an alleyway where no one came. It was perfect, and I would be safe here. Or so I thought at least.

    A couple came into the alleyway after spotting me. (Pic attached at the beginning of chapter.)The male had straight black hair, with bangs that fell on his face, and his black eyes matched his hair. The female had beautiful long light brown hair with two separate braids that were pulled back and tied, with orangish-brown eyes that looked at me in wonder. I stared at them in fear. Will they recognize me? Will they seek to hand me over to the government? I haven't felt this much fear in so long.

    There was no place I could run. The male looked at me for a moment before asking, "Are you okay? Why don't you have a jacket on? You'll get sick," he said with what I think was worry. I was already sick, but my voice wouldn't come out. I was too scared! The female looked at me with creased eyebrows that turned upwards, then turned to the male. "I think she's scared," she informed. The man nodded before smiling warmly at me.

     "My name is Kuro, and this is Midori. We're not gonna hurt you, so no need be scared. Do you want us to take you to your house? Or shall you come with us and warm up in our house?" he offered, probably knowing that I might not have a place to go. I mean if I did, I would've gone there by now. It was way too cold out here. When I still didn't answer, he stretched out his hand towards me, and said, "Don't worry. You'll be safe with us. I can't let a little girl freeze to death here," he warmly smiled.

     I haven't had a stranger be so kind to me in ages! Maybe - just maybe - I could trust them? No. But I'll go with them for now. I really am about to freeze to death. I took his hand hesitantly, and stood up. The lady, Midori, took my hand from him, and excitedly led me to their house. I smiled slightly for the first time since I left Utsukushi-sa.

~~~

    I drank the warm tea (after inspecting it for a few minutes and watching very carefully at the couple who drank it with me) before placing it back down on the table and thanking Midori. I had already revealed my identity, but it seems that they already knew. They had instantly recognized me when they saw me in the alleyway. They were former citizens of Kurisutaru and they don't like the way the government does things so I'm quite safe in that area. They still obeyed rules though. I told them how I was living. We made small talk and all, something that made me happy. "So Princess Akira, if you'd like, we can teach you how to fight. That way, if you get caught anytime, you'd know how to protect yourself, and escape without getting a lot of injuries," Midori offered.

     I stared at her, wondering why she would offer this. "What's the catch?" I asked. Kuro raised an eyebrow, "You have to stay here." I gave him a blank look as I contemplated what to do. Was this couple dense? Do I have to spell it out for them? "What do you want in return?" I asked again with a roll of my eyes. "I told you, Princess. You'll stay here and be our adoptive daughter. We can't let a little girl to survive by herself in this harsh world," he answered with a loving smile on his face, "Plus, think of this as a way for me to honor the late king, your father."

     I just sat there in shock for a few moments, not believing that someone could have such a kind soul. I sniffled and quickly wiped the tears that fell from my eyes. "Thank you. Thank you so much. You- you don't know how much this means to me. For me to actually do something other than run is- thank you," I breathed before looking up at them and smiling. Kuro and Midori shared a smile and got up to clean the table. Kuro walked over to me and held out her hand, "Let's get some rest, princess.""You can just call me Akira. I'm no more a princess," I said softly with a sad shrug. He looked surprised at first, but smiled again. "Once a princess, always a princess. But I'll take you up on your offer," he laughed with a warm smile.

~~~4 months later~~~

     There was plenty that I learnt from Kuro and Midori; how to use my pocket knife in different ways, what to do in different situations during a fight, how to survive in several circumstances, how to use many weapons, and etc. Kuro also thought me how to walk/run/move without making noise. I built up my speed and strength drastically for a time period of four months. They had explained to me that they were former ninjas of Konohagakure -- just like uncle Minato, whom I told them about. They said they knew him and it seems he was the leader of the Konohagakure for awhile at their time, before he died.

     Father never took me to where uncle Minato lived, saying that it was too dangerous there, and there was a high possibility that I would get hurt. Plus, it was too far away, and he couldn't leave the kingdom for long, much less for a history lesson that his daughter wanted about his brother. But Father always told me wonderful stories of the place -- full of ninjas and magic-like instances. How uncle Minato sacrificed his life for the sake of his beloved village. How he was a hero to everyone. Father really respected him, and so did I.

~~~

     "Happy Birthday, Akira dear," Midori smiled as she caressed my cheek with her soft hands in a loving manner. My face split into a grin, and an even wider one when Kuro greeted me the same with a hug that sent me spinning round. A laugh bubbled out of me when they brought out the cake. I peaked at the chocolate covered ice cream cake and felt the drool threatening to make its way out of my mouth. I could hardly keep my hands to myself when there was such a delicious cake in front of me, just waiting to be tasted. "Patience, Aki," Kuro joked as he cut a piece of the cake and handed it to me in a plate. I thanked him and skipped my way over to the living room where my favourite couch lay.

     Honestly, I've been having the time of my life here with Kuro and Midori, Given the circumstances, I hadn't gone out in the open without protection and disguises, but it was better than being on the run -- all by myself.

     Suddenly, loud knocks were heard and our door creaked with the force of it. I slowly pulled back the window curtains slightly to see what was happening, and before the government soldiers could bust the door open, I quickly jumped away and dashed towards the bedrooms as soon as I saw their obnoxious hats. Midori followed soon after and sent me a panicked look for a brief second before frantically running around the room and shoving things into a travel bag. She quickly handed it to me, and warned, "Their here and you need to go so you don't get caught. Looks like someone saw you through the window, and called the government. It's.. well," Midori sighed sadly, "an unfortunate turn of events. But here, take this and hurry. Be safe, baby."

     She hugged me tightly as I sobbed in misery. It was so hard to leave this place that I got used to calling my home. I looked up to see a pair of teary eyes, as Kuro came into my room and wrapped his arms around us. "Kuro, Midori. What am I supposed to do?" They smiled at me warmly and Kuro came and gave  me a small necklace with a key pendant. "Remember, we love you, Akira. You will always be the precious daughter that we never had. You know how to fight and how to survive now. We believe in you. Now, go before the soldiers come. Wear this necklace and go to the entrance of the village. Near the gate, there's a hidden alleyway. You have to go to the end, and jump through the wall. I know it sounds crazy but you have to trust me, you won't get hurt. The necklace will open a portal.

"You will go through the wall, then run and don't look back. You will be led to a forest, but it will be fine. Go to Konoha, and you will survive. Now run. We love you, Akira. Goodbye," he said giving me a sad smile. "I love you too. I'll never forget you guys," I promised before jumping out the window and following Kuro's instructions.

~~~

     It's tiring to be back on the run again. I've been moving my legs rapidly for hours. Some of the government soldiers followed me, but only a few. Even so, I've been shot a few times. I looked back to see no one. I probably have more stamina then those stupid soldiers anyway, so I must have lost them. I rested against a tree while breathing heavily, and took out my dagger. I stared at it, finding comfort in the knowledge that Kuro and Midori gave it to me to protect myself and that I would be fine.

      "Thought you outran me?" I heard a rough voice that startled me. I stared with wide eyes at the captain in front of me. "I'm a captain. Don't group me with those amateurs," He scoffed and drew out his sword. I narrowed my eyes and took a fighting stance. My nerves calmed as he smirked at me. The soldier disappeared with speed, but thanks to my sensing abilities, I blocked his sword with my dagger immediately.

     I stood firmly, even as he tried to push me away. I took the pocket knife from my bag, and cut a long gash on his arm. He immediately leaped away, and held his injured arm. "Well, little princess," he said the word in spite, "you've learnt a lot. But that's not enough... to defeat me!" He said before leaping and cutting my stomach.

     I groaned in pain and coughed out the blood that surged up my throat. I stumbled away from him and clutched my stomach, wondering how I could beat this captain. He was a much better fighter and I'm not even trying to put myself down here to say that. I then remembered Midori's words; "You know the basics of fighting now, but even so, you must know who you can beat and who you can't. Sometimes taking chances is for the good. But other times it isn't. Always analyze your situation before you do something. Got it?"

     Okay, let's see. If I continue to fight, there is a slight chance I might win. But I'd most likely have more injuries than I already have. From the loss of blood, I'd fall unconscious. His soldiers might find me, take me to headquarters, and I wake up in prison. Alright, not a very good plan. So if I try to run away now, it would be great, but my wound stings. However, I'll survive. I can try and outrun him? Yeah, I'll run my fastest this time. Okay, let's do this!

      I turned around, and ran as fast as my legs could take me. "Coward!" I heard and it caused met to slow down for a moment. But then Kuro's words came to me; "Don't let the enemy's words get to you." That's right. I'm not a coward. A coward is someone who runs away, when there's actually something they could do. And right now, there's nothing I can do. So I have to run my fastest. I'm glad I met Kuro and Midori. I'd probably be in prison right now if it weren't for them.

~~~2 weeks later~~~

    I could hear faint footsteps behind me again. It will haunt me for life, I swear. This is going to leave me paranoid for the rest of my life if I'm constantly running from them. They keep catching up, but thankfully I keep getting away. This is honestly getting nowhere. I have ran out of food, water, and my clothes really suck right now. I have lost a lot of blood, so I know I won't be able to hold up for much longer. I wrapped up my wound on my stomach a long time ago, but that doesn't mean I'm okay. I'm far from being okay. In fact, I feel like dying. Physically and mentally.

     This isn't the first time I have thought about suicide though. Maybe like the hundredth time. The only thing keeping me from suicide is when I think about my family's sacrifice. "If I die, won't their sacrifices be for nothing?" I think. That's why I won't give in. I will fight to the end. I will never give up!

     I'm gonna lose consciousness soon! I ran as fast as my legs could take me. My sight started to get cloudy as the blood loss took its effect. I closed my eyes tight hoping I would have clear sight when they opened, but it was to no avail. I was too roughed up to be moving and God only knows how my legs were still carrying me.

     Speaking of God, oh, please help me! Please! I thought as tears started streaming down my bruised cheeks. No, I mustn't cry. I gulped down my sorrow, and wiped my fallen tears. I could tell that I was gonna get out of this forest soon, judging from the entrance I could see that was not too far away from me. Well, it was an entrance as far as I could tell, at least. I couldn't make much out of it thanks to my blurry sight.

     Maybe it's a village? I could try and blend in with the crowd. However, I don't think I can stay conscious much longer. As I came closer and closer to what I thought was a village, with each passing second, I could feel the strength draining out of me. I couldn't run anymore and started limping to the gates, realizing that my legs allowed me to run so far only out of sheer will and fear. With my injured leg and bloody stomach, I wondered how I still managed to stay awake.

     "Who are you? Um.. are you alright?" A voice asked, but I was too weak to answer, and kept dragging my feet forward with lidded eyes. And as soon as I entered, I blacked out

Published: 9/25/18

3524 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.6K 2.4K 16
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
29.3K 804 15
The story unfolds seven months after the Fourth Shinobi War, and it's Temari's first time coming to Konoha during the start of peacetime. Shikamaru i...
256K 9.7K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
19.6K 366 14
Menma Namikaze woke up in a strange world and he can't figure out how to get back. Meanwhile, Naruto Uzumaki, his biggest rival, is always bickering...