Eleanor's Demise ✔️

By veronicasoli

Can be read as a stand-alone book. After faking her suicide, murdering her father-in-law, and running off to... More

Part 1- Prologue and Recap
Chapter 1: Homecoming
Chapter 2: Shadows of The Past
Chapter 3: Uptight
Chapter 4: The Crime of Loving Adam
Chapter 5: Obsessed
Chapter 6: Half of a Truth
Chapter 7: Mansions and Hotels
Chapter 8: Punishment
Chapter 9: Finding Demeanor
Chapter 10: Signs
Chapter 11: Wishes and Nightmares
Chapter 12: Dishonesty
Chapter 13: Feel the Hurt
Chapter 14: The Ring
Chapter 15: Night
Chapter 16: Weird
Chapter 17: I'm a Baker Not a Shrink
Chapter 18: I Believed Her
Chapter 19: Eleanor Undead
Chapter 20: Strut Like You Own the Stage
Chapter 21: Talking Dead
April Fools! Chapter 22 or Something
Chapter 22: The Hole in My Heart
Chapter 23: Unafraid and Thriving
Chapter 24: Madness
Chapter 25: Hot in Here
Chapter 26: Insanely in Love
Chapter 27: Where Were You
Chapter 28: A Master Manipulator
Chapter 29: The Look of Betrayal
Explicit
Chapter 31: Revelation
Chapter 32: You at Your Finest
Chapter 34: All Good and Pure
Chapter 35: Touch Me Again
Chapter 36: Have your Way
Chapter 37: Play with Fire
Explicit 2
Chapter 38: Who is this
Chapter 39: I am Fire
Explicit 3
Chapter 40: Melt
Chapter 41: Warmth
Chapter 42: Dangerously
Chapter 43: Perfectly Wrong
Chapter 44: Beg for Mercy
Chapter 45: Unmatched
Chapter 46: Adam's Demise
Good Morning, Red Bird (Epilogue)
Authors Note: the end and thank you

Chapter 30: Official

4K 223 15
By veronicasoli

April 31, 2023, 6:17 p.m.
Case #: 162.386.445–001
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT OF POLICE INTERROGATION ROOM 30142
————-////—————////————////————

OFFICER: I am Officer Stan Mathews at the precinct in downtown New Jersey. For the record, it is April 31, 6:17 pm. I am sitting here with Mr. Adam Carnegie. Is this correct Mr. Carnegie. This is being recorded. Do you understand this?
CARNEGIE: Yes
OFFICER: For the record, please state your full name, occupation, and your consent to being interrogated.
CARNEGIE: Am I going to jail?
OFFICER: Please answer the questions Mr. Carnegie.
CARNEGIE: My name is Adam A. Carnegie. I'm the new owner of Carnegie Hall Law Firm... it was my grandpa's original creation back in... the thirties? What was the last thing?
OFFICER: Your consent to this interrogation. You're being recorded.
CARNEGIE: Yes, where's Eleanor? What're you going to do to her.
OFFICER: That is disclosed information. We need to hear a few things from you first Mr. Carnegie.
CARNEGIE: Is she okay?

___

He killed our son. Tell them he killed our son. Then he will go to jail and you can get a shorter sentence.

Tell them. All the Carnegie's deserve to rot! Tell them! TELL THEM!

The thoughts repeated themselves as Eleanor sat with hands chained together. She was exhausted, but mostly confused. She couldn't believe that Adam had ratted her our- after everything she'd gone through to hide. After revealing her identity with high hopes and expectations. It was all for not.

She stared at the ceiling, ignoring the door that opened and the footsteps that approached her and sat across the table.

"You don't look like a cold-blooded murderer." Whoever had entered spoke jokingly, she kept her eyes trained on the wall. Her mind suddenly wandered to Josiah, he didn't deserve what happened to him. He didn't deserve her entering his life and destroying it.

"Right then," the man cleared his throat. "I'm officer Stan."

"The most unoriginal name ever." She looked him dead in the eye as he stared right back.

"Excuse me?"

"Your name... it's unoriginal... so first I get arrested and next I'm getting interrogated by some unoriginally lame cop named Stan. Couldn't I have had someone with a cooler name?"

"Excuse me?" He stared at her, confusion embroidering his features.

She shrugged her shoulders and turned her attention back to the ceiling. The light pierced her emerald blue eyes, creating a whiteness in them that wasn't there before.

"Okay Mrs. Carnegie..."

"That's not my name."

"So what is your name?" He was playing along, probably humoring her until she decided to spill the truth. He had all night after all. All week if he must, and if anything came up- she'd be taken to trial and such a pretty face might end up in jail or on death row.

"Allison Cooper, also known as Eleanor Undead."

"By our records, Allison, you don't exist..."

"Yeah I'm illegal... throw me out if you must." She turned her attention back to him, no emotion on her face as she now glared at the metal around her wrists.

"I can take those off for you... if you take a lie detector test."

"Lie detector test..." she repeated, perfect. She didn't even know what was real or fake anymore than the lie detector machine would be able to tell. "Tell me something Officer Stan... are you married?"

"I'm the one who asks the questions here Eleanor." A malicious snare curled on his lips and quickly disappeared. She might be a murderer, but she is still a human. He kept reminding himself.

"Well. Innocent till proven guilty right Stan?"

"Officer Stan."

He could tell he wasn't going to get anywhere tonight. He shook his head and walked out of the room.

Eleanor glared at her hands, wanting nothing more than to slip off the uncomfortable metal that was scraping her wrists. She was alone in a white room with nothing to entertain her besides a table, chair, and walls. "Can I talk to Adam?" She shouted into nothingness.

A moment later, Stan reappeared in the room. He trained his eyes on her, forcing himself to view her as a human. Innocent until proven guilty right? Her words replayed in his mind. He agreed, a smile twitching on his lip. He was new to this detective-interrogation business. He hadn't yet learned not to smile or trust the possible liars in front of him.

He took a seat across from her once again.

"Can I talk to Adam?" She asked again, her eyes staring holes into Officer Stan.

"Sure," He said as her expression instantly brightened then fell immediately, "after you answer a few questions."

A long silence filled the room and she'd made up her mind.

"Fine." She stared at him, wanting nothing more than to find out why Adam betrayed her then to flee to Mexico or the middle of the ocean.

Officer Stan left the room for a few moments, then reappeared with a blank expression. He set up a machine and attached it to her. It felt cold against her skin, yet all she wanted was to suffer.

She had fought evil with evil and these were the consequences.

"So... in case you didn't know already, this is being recorded."

"Don't I get the basic right of consenting to it...?"

"Sure. Do you consent to being recorded?"

"No."

"Then I can't do the lie detector test and you can't move forward in any spheres of the law. So I ask again, do you consent to being recorded?"

"Fine."

A victory for Officer Stan. He mentally wanted to step outside and do a victory dance, but that wasn't acceptable.

"I'm going to ask you a series of questions. If you tell the truth, there's nothing to worry about. However, if you lie, you'll feel a small sting and I will ask the question again. I'll record this data on my computer here." He had a computer attached to a corner of the room that was hardly noticeable. "Do you consent to this?"

Eleanor wondered how many other cops were on the other side of the one-way-glass. It hardly mattered. She may not have dealt with authority before, but she'd easily handle it.

She nodded.

"I need to verbally hear you say yes. For the recording."

"Yes." She whispered. Stan wasn't a fan of these games, but he continued on anyway.

"Question one. Where were you at three am on Friday February 18?" The night of her fake death a year ago.

"I was running." She said. Half a truth.

"At three in the morning?"

"Yes. Wasn't that made clear by the previous question."

"Right." He said, a light turning green at the corner of his screen. He wondered why she was running at three in the morning, but realized he could just ask the questions.

Eleanor contained her smile. This was too easy.

"Question Two..." he began.

"Three actually. You already asked two questions." Officer Stan did all he could to avoid rolling his eyes.

"Question Two." He spoke, ignoring her, "Did you fake your death on February 18th of last year?"

No, I was running. Running away. She convinced herself.

"No." She lied, she awaited a shock to hit her, but nothing happened. She felt a small tingle on her forearm, wanting to scratch it.

"I'll ask this again, the next shock is going to be more painful than that one." Stan said, "Did you fake your death on February 18."

Of which year?

"I already answered. No." Her heart rate began to spike as she stared at Stan expectantly. She prayed the lie detector would be on her side.

"I see your heart rate has sped up..." He pointed out.

"Perhaps it's because that machine doesn't work and you're trying to incriminate me." She glared.

When the light flashed green, Stan believed her. Interesting. Maybe my machine is broken.

"Question Three. Did you murder Mr. Carnegie in his home a week after you went running at three am?"

No I didn't murder Adam.

"No."

The light flashed green. His questions were easily misinterpreted. Some lie detector and yet he treated her like she was guilty the whole time. Technically, she was...

"Thank you Ms. Cooper." His eyes softened, I'll see how quickly I can let you leave. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how you get away with murder. Eleanor smiled at him as he unlocked the painful cuffs and took them off.

"Thanks." She simply said and rubbed her wrists.

Stand left the room as she continued to sit and stare at the seat Stan was just at. There was always a way to get out of sticky situations.

A few moments later, Stan appeared. "You're cleared from this station, however, we need to keep you on house arrest. This tracker is to be kept on your ankle. This case isn't over and we need to be sure that our lie detector worked properly."

He bent down to place the metals device on her ankle. She thought of kicking him and escaping, but the would only get her in trouble. She didn't want trouble.

She wanted to speak to Adam and find out why he turned her in. If he was the one to turn her in.

Don't forget to comment, vote, & follow me! Makes me super happy & encourages updates! Love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323 28 24
Due to her father's passing and financial loss, Parker Meyers and her mother have moved from their big home in New York, to the small cozy town of Ni...
476 148 45
DISGUISE. People disguise in many ways......... some pretend to be friendly with you while they are plotting your murder in their head. they disguise...
338K 9K 63
NEW STORY Adira has been captive for one thousand two hundred and eighty nine days. She has held onto hope, but when each attempt to recapture the...
1.5K 80 10
three months ago, spencer reid's apartment blew up and supposedly killed him in the explosion. despite his team's desperate efforts, the case was mar...