Stranded| m.yg ✔

By BurkahRae12

"Of all the people in the world, I had to be stranded here with you?" "Why are you sleeping during a life or... More

I N T R O
ONE| Aboard
TWO| 24 Hours
THREE| Storm
FOUR| Breathe
FIVE| Salvage
SIX| Need
SEVEN| Clean
EIGHT| Shave
NINE| Emotions
TEN| Sinking
ELEVEN| Different
THIRTEEN| Home
FOURTEEN| Trip
FIFTEEN| Flirt
SIXTEEN| Bite
SEVENTEEN| Deal
EIGHTEEN| Relationship
NINETEEN| Moments
TWENTY| Dark
TWENTY-ONE| Steps
TWENTY-TWO| Rescue
TWENTY-THREE| Wrong
TWENTY-FOUR| Funding
TWENTY-FIVE| Elope
TWENTY-SIX| Cake
TWENTY-SEVEN| STRANDED
F I N A L T H O U G H T S

TWELVE| Fever

7.2K 467 473
By BurkahRae12

Yoongi opened his eyes the next morning feeling much too comfortable. The events of the previous night flooded his mind and without much surprise he looked down to see you in his arms. You were sleeping soundly and even sported a soft smile on your face as an arm draped across his chest. To stay like this was what Yoongi wanted more than anything else, but he remembered what he had mentally told himself the night before and gingerly picked your arm off of him and slid his away from your waist. 

His one day was over. Back to normal, back to avoiding his own heart, and back to doing everything in his power to dispose of the way he was beginning to feel about you. Slipping away from you was easy as you were a deep sleeper, so after doing so he immediately went to make the fire. It was still cold in the early morning, and with Yoongi's departure you soon found yourself shivering and waking up slightly.

You hadn't slept so good in months... or to be more specific... since you'd been on the island. Your hair was probably a mess, and after glancing at Yoongi's form making the fire you quickly blushed before running your fingers through your messy hair.

Last night was... amazing. Every thing about it was. He was like a different person... well, in some ways. The real difference was the fact that he didn't seem to be holding himself back and seemed more care free; opening up to you about his dad and trying to get you to convert back into your usual self. You could day dream for hours about everything that happened and almost found yourself lost in thought as you recalled the way his pale skin had looked against the moonlight. 

You sounded stupid and out of your mind, but you couldn't help it. Yoongi had put a spell over you last night, and even though it was usual for the two of you to fight and argue, it had almost become second nature to a bigger emotion that was developing. From the hug on the waterfall to the almost kiss to him holding you in the night, it almost wasn't real. It sounded unreal, like a story. Like something you thought only happened in dreams.

You raked your fingers through your hair as you stared at the guy in your thoughts work. He looked as if he had slept well also, and you brightened at this. Pumping yourself up, you decided to go talk to him.

"Um, good morning Yoongi," You shyly spoke, walking towards him while stretching. He stiffened at your presence before turning to face the other way, nodding slightly.

Uh oh. Was he really already back to ignoring you? Your heart sank and you closed your eyes shut tightly as he turned away from you. All well. If things were back to your version of 'normal,' then despite Yoongi's ignoring you you would still continue to try to break him. 

"It's a nice day," You prompted, gaining no response. You bit your lower lip in disappointment. "What should we do today?"

Yoongi shrugged as he threw twigs into the fire to make it bigger. You were becoming impatient so smirked slightly before touching his arm. 

"I'll make the fire Yoongi," You spoke, eager for any reaction regardless of it being anger or irritation. He simply rolled his shoulder forward to dispose of your touch before sternly looking at the fire silently. You mouth opened in surprise. He would always yell at you for touching him and insinuating that you couldn't do 'dangerous' things. What the heck was wrong with him?

All day you tried. You did your best. You wanted to bring out any sort of Yoongi, no matter which side of him it was. He refused to give you any sort of response and didn't utter one word the entire day. Your heart broke as soon darkness fell and you realized you had been unsuccessful. You felt lonely and tired, so soon decided to go to bed; an awkward situation occurring when Yoongi stood up to go to bed at the same time. You looked at each other slightly before Yoongi blushed and looked away.

He walked towards his bed and laid down; throwing the blanket towards your sleeping spot. You looked at him in surprise. It was technically his turn with the blanket since your turn had been the day before... although you had shared so... 

It was another freezing night, and Yoongi shivered immediately the second he laid down. You looked at him in sadness before going to fetch the blanket off your bed. It was much too cold for anyone to be sleeping without warmth. It was dangerous even, and when you heard thunder rumbling in the distance you made a decision. 

You eagerly crawled next to Yoongi's huddled form with the blanket, wanting desperately to feel his warmth. He flinched the moment your skin touched his and he sat up abruptly. You looked up at him in surprise and met his cold eyes.

"Get. Out." He hissed, and you stared at him, unmoving for a moment in fear. 

"Yoongi-"

"I said get out! Are you stupid or deaf? Get out!" 

You swallowed back a broken heart and stood up with the blanket, deciding to try one last attempt to get him to see reason.

"It's cold. And it's going to rain. You'll get sick if-"

"Get out (Y/N). I'm not falling for this trap..." He trailed off, blushing before glaring at you once more. "Last chance." He sound weary as his voice wavered and he leaned back to sleep in his lonely bed; holding himself tightly. You didn't understand. Why did he have to be like this? His constant back and forth self was getting annoying to say the least. Whatever, maybe you didn't care if he got sick!

You stomped back to your own bed and burrito-ed yourself tightly in the blanket; clenching your eyes tight to dispose of any angry tears before slipping into a restless sleep. Yoongi however did not sleep, finding the cold unbearable and the heartache even worse as he couldn't help but turn to stare at your huddled form.

~~~

You wearily opened your eyes the next morning, slightly recalling the rain that had plagued the night that you had been mostly safe from. The blanket was still wrapped tightly around you, not nearly as warm as Yoongi's arms had been.

Yoongi.

You sat up quickly, looking outside the shelter to see puddles scattering the jungle floor and the river gushing from the storm that filled it above it's usual capacity. It was sunny. It must have been late morning, and Yoongi was usually up by now. You had slept in.

You wearily unwrapped your self and turned your whole body to stretch your sore back before your eyes caught something surprising. Yoongi was still sleeping.

But... he never slept in. He took naps, but because of his fear of the fire dying for morning warmth he always made himself get up to take care of it. He had been so angry last night... 

A small groan escaped from the guy and he turned over so you could clearly see beads of sweat forming on his face. You blinked a bit.

"Y-Yoongi?" You stammered, a little unsure of the situation. You received no response other than another pained moan. Oh my gosh... Yoongi was sick! Horribly sick. You had warned him but he had refused to listen, so this was his fault. But even then, you found yourself running to his side.

"Yoongi?" You whispered as he groaned a little; worried out of your mind for the sick guy. He issued no response so you panicked; looking down at him frantically. He was sweating profusely and his breathing was unusually heavy. He shook slightly as you pushed the back of your hand to his forehead. He was burning up. "Oh gosh," You breathed out, "You have a fever or something! Don't panic Yoongi; I got this." He couldn't hear you.

You had taken care of sick people before when your parents were gone and you had to take care of your siblings. You had seen fever symptoms and knew how to deal with them. Finally, it was your turn to save Yoongi. You wrapped your arms around his torso to help him sit up. You felt the sweat that had soaked through his shirt and it sort of grossed you out but you shook your disgust away, knowing it was more important to help him. 

He was heavy and you struggled with his slumped over form. His heavy breath hit your ear and his skin felt super hot. 

"Ok..." you spoke, pausing to blush as you fingered the hem of Yoongi's shirt between your fingers. You needed to get it off of him... but feared for your own life speculating when he would wake up. His slow breathing continued to resonate next to your ear as you froze your actions. He needed you, and you needed to get over this. You kept telling yourself that he hated you and did your best to only keep in mind how rude he had been to you the day before as you slowly lifted his shirt up. You found yourself closing your eyes as your face burned almost as much as the temperature of his skin. 

He was limp as you continued to lift it up and over his shoulders, your fingers accidentally brushing against his skin and making you jump a bit. You struggled to get the T-shirt over his head and opened your eyes as to better see what you were doing. It was really a mistake on your part as you released a whimper. 

Dang it.

You slapped yourself in the face after leaning his shaking form back onto his bed. He moaned slightly in pain which didn't help AT ALL. After issuing another slap, you quickly thought of what to do next. You needed to cool him down. You quickly grabbed one of the T-shirts from your suitcase and, after dumping everything out, took your whole suitcase to the river. You dumped in under the rushing water and hauled it upwards before wheeling it back to Yoongi's form. You dipped your shirt in the water stored in the suitcase and gently rubbed it against his hot forehead. His whole body was burning, so you continued to use your shirt to wipe him down. Your face was on fire, but you knew it was necessary. 

You closed your eyes as you gently placed your soaked shirt over his chest and brought it down to his abdomen. 

"Please don't kill me when you wake up Yoongi," You begged, biting your lower lip hard before you finished so you could fan your heated cheeks. But your job wasn't done. You placed the wet shirt over his hot forehead once more, but this time you jumped when suddenly Yoongi weakly reached for your hand. You looked at him in surprise as his clammy hand wrapped itself with yours. You peered at his face but he still seemed to be asleep and his eyes were still closed.

You blushed as his trembling fingers interlocked with yours. He muttered something that you couldn't make out so you leaned closer to him.

"Yoongi?" You asked, your voice shaking in worry.

"(Y/N)..." He murmured, his grasp tightening as he uttered your name under his breath. You blinked in surprise that he was calling your name and leaned even closer to listen to his heartbeat. It was beating at dangerous speeds. You tested his breathing, panicking as you found that it had slowed down.

"Yoongi!" You called a little louder, shaking his feverish form in attempts to wake him up. He gave no response.

~~~

"Yoongi," Whispered a voice. It was familiar; so familiar that even though sleep dragged on his eyes he still found himself prying them open to confirm the owner of who was trying to wake him up. 

It was you. 

"Yoongi!" You whispered again, more harshly this time as you lightly grabbed his arm and shook it. He sighed and sat up on the bed; rubbing his eyes and not too happy about being woken up.

"I'm up," He told you drowsily, rolling his eyes. He peered down at your form that was huddled underneath the soft blankets and  noticed the way your hair was spread across the pillow. You looked up at him with wide eyes, hiding yourself under the blanket for a moment. "(Y/N), if you aren't aware, you woke me up. What do you need?"

"Well..." You sounded nervous and bit your lower lip, hiding your face beneath the blanket out of shyness. 

"Well what?"

"Yoongi am I fat?" You suddenly cried, sitting up and allowing the blanket to slide off of the top of you. He looked at you in surprise for a moment before laughing slightly. You were so cute he couldn't stand it.

"No (Y/N). You aren't fat." He assured you, looking into your worried eyes that glinted in the darkness, "You're pregnant."

You looked stunned for a moment, as if you had forgotten.

"Oh yeah!" You spoke exuberantly, rubbing your swollen stomach slightly. Yoongi placed his hand over yours on your stomach before flipping himself over you; you laughing as he leaned carefully over your pregnant form to plant sweet kisses on your jaw line. "Yoongi!" You spoke through giggles as his lips brushed against your neck, you pushing him away slightly.

"You woke me up. Do you seriously think I'm going back to bed now?" He smirked before leaning towards your lips.

"YAH!" You suddenly exclaimed, causing him to jump away in surprise. 

"Are you OK?" He spoke, concerned about you in your current state. You shook your head dramatically before letting your head fall on his shoulder.

"No Yoongi! I'm starving to death! Please can we go get ice cream or something?"

Yoongi groaned and fell back into the covers. You continued to look down at him with pleading eyes. Eyes that he always gave in to. He sighed, clearly unhappy with having to get up and go somewhere in the middle of the night. It was his least favorite thing to do, but for you, he would.

"Alright alright," He gave in, and you cheered before wrapping your arms around his neck and kissing his cheek. Even after dating and almost a year of marriage, your lips still made him blush. 

Yoongi swung himself out of bed before you did the same; slightly unsteady on your feet with all the extra weight you were carrying. He quickly ran to your side to steady you, taking your hand as soon as you were up. 

The house boat the two of you lived on rocked slightly under the waves so Yoongi helped you make your way up the stairs to the main deck, not letting go of you for a moment. You looked at him with a smile as he wrapped his arms around you to protect you from falling on the stairs.

Finally above deck, he led you to the plank of the boat that was connected to the dock. 

"Be careful," He warned you, not wanting you to fall in the water.

"Don't worry Yoongi. I got this," You assured him, walking down the plank until you were securely on the dock. 

"Are you sure you want to walk to the gas station? I can run and go get the ice cream-"

"Yes I want to go! I've been cramped inside that boat for a month. I need some fresh air."

Yoongi sighed before taking your hand and leading you towards the side walk. You linked your arm through his instead, resting your head on his shoulder. After entering the small mart, you eagerly picked out the ice cream you wanted as Yoongi paid the tired looking worker. 

You walked back to the dock together; you happily eating your ice cream. When the two of you arrived on the dock, Yoongi allowed you to stand and look out at the ocean that moved underneath the night sky. 

"It's pretty," You murmured as you finished the treat. 

Yoongi looked out as well before his eyes fell back to the small stuffy boat the two of you called home. He peered at your happy face before his eyes trailed back to your stomach. 

"(Y/N)," He called, and you turned to face him as he took both of your hands in his and looked into your eyes. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" You spoke, laughing lightly.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry that I don't own a mansion on a private island. I'm sorry this is where we live. It's not exactly what you wanted I'm sure and-"

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop talking like that? I'm so happy Yoongi, and as far as what I want, you're the only thing I want. I don't know how many times I have to say it. I love you Min Yoongi."  

Yoongi's heart filled with abounding love as he looked into your eyes. You loved him? Well... of course you did, you had agreed to marry him. Then why was he still skeptical? You cupped his face in your hands and stood on your tippy toes to plant a kiss on his lips, but he stopped you. 

"Wait (Y/N)," He breathed out, "Something isn't right."

You cocked your head in confusion.

"What do you mean? What's not right?"

"You... this... everything... I-" Yoongi held his forehead in his hands suddenly as pain erupted from head. It shook his skull and caused him to wince. "You aren't real." He finally made out through the pain. 

You looked at him a moment before looking down almost guiltily.

"Yeah... I guess not," You spoke, clearly disappointed. "I'm just your dream. But I am what you want."

Yoongi studied you for a moment with his mouth agape, blushing when he stared at your stomach again and smacking himself hard. 

"GAH! Why did I have to dream about this?!" He spluttered, running his hands through his hair in embarrassment as he paced along the dock. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms.

"Always in denial. I just told you! Because this is what you want."

Yoongi scoffed at your reasoning and rolled his eyes.

"How do you know what I want? You're an illusion created by my fever ridden brain!"

"Exactly! That's how I do know! I'm in your head Yoongi."

"Well then get out of my head please! I have enough of you in real life. I don't need you occupying my mind also."

You laughed slightly, causing Yoongi to blush.

"But I already do. I've already been here for some time. You think about me all the time Min Yoongi."

"I-I," Yoongi stuttered slightly while swallowing hard as realization hit him. He was clearly sick... yeah, that was it. He had a fever and his brain was running haywire as his body tried to heal itself. That was the only reason why-

"Liar," You spoke, interrupting his thoughts. "You aren't just thinking about me because you're sick. You know how much I've been on your mind, why do you keep denying it?"

Yoongi looked at you in surprise.

"How did you-"

"I'm in your mind Yoongi! For gosh sakes I'm pregnant and getting impatient! Answer me!"

He looked at you intently, trying to ignore the way his heart pounded when his eyes caught yours. 

"If you're in my head then you should know why." He finally told you gravely, turning away from you and sitting down on the wooden bench on the dock. He didn't hear you for a moment and wondered if he had finally gotten you to disappear.

You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and sighed. 

"Of course I know. I'm your wife. But I'm not asking for me, I'm asking for me. Tell the real me why."

"She didn't ask." Yoongi grumbled.

"But she wants to know. She wants to know why you won't return her feelings and why you keep walking away even though you clearly feel the same." Yoongi growled and sat up abruptly, pushing your arms off of him.

"You don't know anything!" He spoke angrily, and you gasped in shock before glaring at him.  

"Yeah. I don't know anything. Because your stupid head made me up and you're so stupid that you made me stupid! You stupid head! Screw you! But even though I'm just a fever induced vision, I'm STILL smarter than you! So ha!" You stomped away, making Yoongi eye you in surprise; anger completely gone. You were so like the real thing, uncanny even.

He fingered his wedding ring slightly and looked down to see it rotating against his skin as your soft sobs were heard. He looked up at your shaking form when he heard you crying. You weren't pregnant anymore, but rather looked the same as the first day he had met you. When you first boarded the Adonis looking so miserable at the prospect of an arranged marriage. Yoongi sighed and walked over to you before kneeling next to your huddled form.

"I love you," You whispered between sobs, and Yoongi's heart stopped. You looked at him with teary eyes before he wrapped his arms around you.

"No you don't. You only love me because I want you to."

"So you love me?"

He froze, the fingers that had been running across your back comfortingly halting their actions. He did. As much as he tried to stop himself, he couldn't. He was in love with you.

"I-I guess so. I tried hard not to though. You made it so hard for me."

You smiled softly at his confession and leaned into him.

"Tell me that. The real me."

He scoffed. 

"Easier said than done."

You rolled your eyes before taking him by the neck and harshly kissing him; Yoongi closing his eyes as he willed you to continue; his dream you passionately moving your lips against his. Yoongi moaned slightly as you deepened the kiss, giving away the fact that he was filled with pleasure by the touch between lips that he had dreamed of since you gave him 'CPR'. You pulled away and laughed at his red race.

"I told you this was what you wanted," You told him with a wink. He hid his face and coughed awkwardly, pulling on his shirt collar.  

"Like I said and like you said, this is my mind. We have no idea how the real (Y/N) feels." 

You rolled your eyes.

"Well, you'll never know until you ask."

"But you're... But she's..."

"Engaged?"

"Yeah. That."

You laughed again and held up your hand.

"Yoongi do you see a ring?"

He blinked.

"Um. Yes?"

You looked down in surprise and laughed when you recognized the gold band.

"No, this is the ring YOU gave me. I mean in real life. Do I wear a ring?"

"No..."

You smiled softly at him.

"Wake up Yoongi, both mentally and literally."

~~~

"Don't die Yoongi! Wake up!" You begged, sobbing as you clutched his clammy hand tighter. His breathing had slowed and you were worried out of your mind. Yoongi heard your sobbing and it gave him a head ache; causing him to groan as his breathing returned to normal and he woke up slightly. You gasped.

"Yoongi?!" You questioned; bringing your intertwined hands to your cheek. He felt your tears hit the back of his hand and allowed his eyes to flicker open. The real you was sitting by his side; tears brimming in your eyes and holding onto his hand. His head felt like it had been hit by a sack of bricks and he felt hot and sick. So he had had a fever. You looked at his awake form and your face immediately brightened, now happy tears forming in your eyes.

"Yoongi!" You cheered. Then his eyes flickered down to his shirtless torso. With a yelp, he sat up abruptly; pulling his hand away from you and backing up to the wall of the shelter, wrapping his arms around himself and looking at you wide eyed in horror.

"WHERE IS MY SHIRT?!" He yelled; blushing like a madman under your eyes and his head ache coming back as he moved. It was a mistake to get up so quickly and he felt light headed before you ran to his side to steady him.

"Y-Yoongi lay down, you're still sick," You spoke, just as flustered as he was. You helped him back to his bed. "You had a fever so... I had to uh, take off your shirt so you could cool down. You can yell at me all you want but I had to do it." 

Yoongi peered at your flustered form before closing his eyes; falling prey to your caring touches as you helped him lay back down. 

"Can I have my shirt back... please..." He murmured, sounding embarrassed and exhausted. "I think my fever's broken so-"

"OF COURSE!" You exclaimed awkwardly, rushing to get him a new shirt. Yoongi watched you; his face still pink. Slowly he found his lips upturning into a soft smile as you struggled to find him a top in his suitcase; frantically throwing around his clothes before coming up with another T-shirt.

You rushed back to him and threw the shirt on his exhausted form before before squeaking an apology and instead grabbing onto his arm to help him sit up and slide the shirt on. He did it rather quickly due to the fact that him being shirtless was causing such awkward air. You both breathed out in relief when he was fully clothed again before making eye contact. You looked away quickly; twiddling your thumbs and blushing. You decided to try to make conversation, not knowing what else to do.

"So... how do you feel?"

"Better."

"Oh, good." You breathed out in relief, smiling at him. "Did you have any dreams?" Yoongi stiffened under the question as you continued your chatter. "You know they say dreams are the reflection of the heart's desire! Did you dream of food and your phone? Oh, or maybe you dreamed of sleep? That would be funny. I dream of cookies and ice cream all the time. Oh, or maybe you-"

"I didn't dream anything!" He exclaimed in embarrassment; clearing his throat as the way you went on only made him stiffen further in mortification, praying you didn't have mind reading abilities. You looked at him in confusion for his outburst and he quickly looked away so you couldn't see the warmness to his face that wasn't effected by his fever.

So... he loved you now... this was... uh, a thing. He had known about his feelings slightly and had done his best to stay away in fear of them strengthening, but it hadn't worked and he now saw clearly what they had developed into. OK... He loved you. He loved you in a situation that could only lead to heartbreak. Fantastic. But even then, he could only think of you and smile. For all the time he had, he had to use it wisely. 

He didn't want to tell you yet, but couldn't help but hope that maybe you heard the way his heart started up when he realized you had cared for him when he was sick. He leaned his head to the side and reached out for your hand again. You looked at him in surprise, and he met your eyes rather flustered before you gladly took a hold of it again. He was sick for sure, but you didn't mind. Your Yoongi was back. 

"(Y/N)," He spoke boldly, closing his eyes as he drifted off. You looked at him questioningly. "Thank you for waking me up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 1.2K 32
Being an actor has always been your dream. Pursuing it meant many things - leaving the town where you grew up, distancing yourself from your family t...
49.6K 2.7K 78
MYGFF BOOK 1:3 "Can you really live with this man for six months falling in love with him on the daily and be ok when he packs up to go home and you...
611K 27K 38
When circumstances force Park Jihye into a loveless marriage of convenience with the younger brother of the person she has loved with her whole heart...
7.1K 559 22
A threat against your father's empire has forced him to send you away from the only place you have known to be your home, from the heaven-like prison...