2AM CALLS - luke hemmings

By easierdjs

"He always calls me around 2am." "Do you pick up?" "Yes." "Do you know him?" "No." Where a girl gets called b... More

2am calls - lrh
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
sequel
bonus chapter ; early mornings

XV

7.2K 176 301
By easierdjs

I'm SO sorry for not updating for a month! I was on a vacation the last 10 days and my real summer break started a month ago so that's why I haven't updated in like a month. I wonder if anyone noticed though, oops.

Anyways, I'm so so sorry for that but this chapter is kinda long ( in my eyes lol ) so hope you enjoy it!! Oh and sorry for the errors, haven't checked it yet hahah

+

Luke:
Guess who's going to land in San Fransisco in a few hours

Me:
I don't know, I hope it's Shawn Mendes. He's hot

Luke:
:-(

Me:
What?

Me:
That kid owns my heart. His voice is a blessing to my ears and his face oh my gosh he always looks so flawless. Shawn Mendes is so my crush

Luke:
:-(

Luke:
I'm cancelling my flight

Luke:
:-(

Me:
NO Luke oh my god don't you dare to do that

Me:
I've waited for this for so long you can't just not come to me :(

Luke:
But you're so MEAN to me

Me:
No I'm not

Me:
Why all caps though

Luke:
BECAUSE

Me:
Because?

Luke:
Because

Me:
Ugh

Me:
You annoying piece of dirt

Luke:
That one is new to me

Luke:
Love that

Luke:
Love you as well

Luke:
Like, ur cute. We should date

Me:
No :)

Luke:
O-Oh

Me:
Just get into your damn airplane

Luke:
I'm there already. We're leaving in 20 minutes

Luke:
I'm three hours away of meeting you can you believe

Me:
NO

Me:
BUT I'M SO EXCITED

Me:
WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A SLEEPOVER

Luke:
At my hotel?

Me:
Oh you booked a hotel?

Luke:
Yeah?

Luke:
Why?

Me:
I was hoping that you would sleep at mine and that we would have a sleepover :(

Luke:
Oh

Luke:
I have a hotelroom for two so you can just sleepover at my hotelroom

Luke:
No roommates

Luke:
So we don't have to be quiet

Me:
Are you thinking the same thing as me

Luke:
I guess so

Me:
PIZZA DANCE PARTY HECK YEAH

Me:
I'm bringing my switch with Just Dance and we can order pizza and listen to music and lay under blankets and all that omg

Luke:
You're such a small kid

Luke:
Cutie

Me:
Oh

Me:
Hashtag yolo swag

Luke:
Okay I'm leaving in 2

Me:
Oh :(

Luke:
See you in three hours babe

Luke:
IN THREE HOURS

Me:
Omg

Me:
I'm excited

Me:
See you when you land Luke

Me:
😘😘

+

Luke is landing in less than twenty minutes.

That makes my heart beat as fast as it can. Okay, that isn't really true because my heart can probably beat faster than this, but it's beating really fast and I feel like everyone can hear my heartbeat. It feels weird 'cause it also feels like everyone is freaking watching me and thinking something like 'she's ugly' or 'what is her deal' or 'she stinks' or whatever.

I'm getting really insecure and I'm not making any sense and it sucks because I don't want to. I just want to be happy and smile and see Luke and hug him and everything.

I'm thinking too much already. What is my deal? Wouldn't surprise me if people think that about me.

"Shut the hell up, Dean," a voice next to me says. I look at the girl and start listening to the conversation with the guy who's standing in front of her. Haven't even heard them before, and they've been sitting here for quite a while now, but Inwas probably thinking too much. I also don't have better things to do at this moment, so listening to strangers' conversations is the best way to kill time. I guess.

"You're only angry at me because I was texting that girl about our science project," the guy named Dean says. The girl sighs loudly. Damn, what a drama. It's only eight at night why is everyone so damn moody.

I'm not moody, I'm only nervous. I don't think that's any better, but at least I'm happy. This girl doesn't seem happy, and that guy is obviously irritated by the girl.

The boy wants to sit next to the girl but she turns away from him. Auch, that must hurt. He is only trying to make her feel better.

The girl grabs her phone and starts scrolling through her Instagram feed. The boy sighs annoyed. "Emma please," he whines, "talk to me. She's just a friend and you know that. Don't let this ruin our trip to New York."

What a softie. Emma should dump him. It doesn't mean any good when someone starts to whine!

Ugh, what am I even doing. I'm acting like I'm watching TV. I always wonder why I don't have any friends but I think that this is the reason why.

Luke is just taking too damn long. Can that freaking airplane land already? I'm bored out of my mind. My phone is at 4 percent, Luke hasn't texted me yet that he has landed and the food is too damn expensive. I just need to kill time before Luke lands.

I look around and see some people eating a donut. Wish I had a donut. But again, the food at the airport is so freaking expensive. No way that I'm paying 5 dollars for a damn sugar donut. There isn't even frosting on there!

Some people must be crazy to spend 5 dollars on a cheap ass donut.

"Jimi!"

My heart starts beating faster again by hearing that voice. I know exactly to what person that voice belongs. Luke Hemmings. And it's even better in person.

I turn around and see Luke walking towards me. He wraps his arms around my body and hugs me tightly. "Oh my god I am so happy to see you! You look- Wow, you look fantastic. You're so much cuter in person. Am I rambling? Yes I am, please cut me off or something."

I start to laugh and hug Luke back. Luke is really tall, much taller than me. My head is resting against his chest and it's the best feeling ever. I can get used to this.

I smile widely and let go of him. Luke looks at me and smiles. His smile is so beautiful, but what isn't? Luke is pure perfection to me. His eyes are so bright blue, I feel like I'm drowning in them. His dimples are showing while smiling and his nose is, I don't know. I feel like his nose is the cutest nose that I have ever seen. And oh, his hair. It looks so cute and soft and I just want to run a hand through his hair or tug at it while he's kissing me hard and passionate and-

Wait, what am I thinking? Holy fuck, I didn't just think that. Oh yes you did. Fuck off me, I didn't.

"I brought us donuts!"

Luke looks at me excitedly and gets the donuts out of his bag. The donuts are into a paper bag, obviously, and he shows me the donuts he got.

And guess what, the 5 freaking dollar donuts with NO frosting.

He is crazy.

But, I am nice, so I smile at him and act like I didn't just told myself that those donuts were fucking disgusting. He would never know that I thought that bad about those poor donuts. Right?

"You have a car right? I don't want to call a cab. Or maybe I do, but I just hate cabs. I don't know how you got here, probably with your car. Those donuts cost me 20 dollars so-"

"I'm with my car," I say. He smiles at me and nods. "Of course, duh. I knew it." Luke grabs his suitcase in his hand and swing his bag over his shoulder.

Luke looks around. His ears are also very cute. I feel weird saying that but it's the damn truth so don't blame me. Thank you.

"Ready to go?" I ask him. Luke nods. "Yes, totally." We walk towards my car in silence. No one knows what to say. I mean, what am I supposed to say?

Oh my god I'm so stupid. I haven't even asked him how his flight was. Is it too late to ask now? I'll just wait untill we're in mg car and driving towards his hotel, makes it less awkward I guess.

I'm just an awkward person, can't really blame myself. My parents made me like this.

I open my car and help Luke getting his suitcase in the back of my car. I walk towards the door and open it, sitting down in the drivers seat. Luke sits down next to me and slams the door shut.

"Oh, sorry, that was a little too hard. Wasn't it?"

"How was your flight?" I blurt out. Oh yes, nice Jimi. That was not random at all and not awkward. No, completely fine. You didn't make a fool out of yourself.

Luke starts to chuckle. There is that amazing sound again, Luke chuckling. I love to hear that. "My flight was good, thank you."

I smile at him and nod. My cheeks are probably the deepest shade of red. I'll just ignore that, hoping that he doesn't notice but he probably already did.

"You're welcome!"

I start to drive towards Luke's hotel. He told me the adress when I asked him. We're driving in silence. The only sound here is the sound of my cheap radio. It has a good sound though, so I'm not complaining about my cheap radio. It's a good radio.

I park my car on the parking lot in front of the hotel. We both get out and Luke grabs his suitcase out of my car. We walk inside of the hotel.

Luke walks towards the lady at the desk. I look around the lobby. It's a really nice hotel. I didn't even know we had this hotel here in San Fransisco. It's actually not that far from my home.

That was a lie because it is still a tourty minute long drive but, I'm just trying to act like a cool fanfiction person who accidentally lives close to the hotel the love of her life sleeps at so they can be cool and live happily after.

But, that isn't even the case here so I'll just be honest. It's a fourty minute drive towards my home and I actually don't live that close to the hotel Luke is sleeping at. So, that is said.

Luke walks towards me, with the keys in his hands. My thoughts are racing through my head and I don't even know if all these thoughts are mine or someone else's.

"The lady told me that my room is room 183. It's on the fourth floor," Luke says. He walks into the elevator and I get in as well.

"I'm afraid of elevators," I say. I mentally slap myself. Why would you say that to someone?

Luke laughs softly. Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad. Luke laughed about it so that makes it ten, maybe twenty, times better. "That's cute. You don't have to be afraid. Nothing will happen."

I nod softly and lean against the wall. Luke grabs his phone and checks his lockscreen. He reads some messages or something. I can see that because he's scrolling on his lockscreen and when I do that it's aways to check my messages. Figured that maybe Luke would do the same.

I don't even know what I'm thinking anymore. I feel like a completely different person when being with Luke. He makes me feel nervous and awkward. I don't want to act awkward, but it just happened.

I was fine, sort off, when I was at the airport waiting for him. But my heart starting beating faster since I heard his voice and it hasn't stopped since then. I keep on thinking about weird things when being with him. And don't forget the weird ass things I'm saying to him.

Luke must think that I'm a weirdo or something. I don't blame him, 'cause I wouldn't want to be friends with myself if I'm like this. Luke seems to want that but maybe he just wants to be nice or something. Luke seems like that nice person who doesn't want to be mean and just sees how this goes.

The elevator stops and we walk out. "See, that wasn't scary at all," Luke says. He smiles at me, showing me his cute dimples once again, making my heart melt.

"You're right," I say, "it isn't that scary. I'm just afraid that I'll be locked in there some day."

"Well, at least we would have been together." He smiles again and opens the door to his hotelroom. He walks inside, with me following him.

The room is not that big, just normal. There is a king sized bed on the left side of the room, an a tv on the right side. There is a table with two chairs on the right side when you walk in. The walls are a bit yellow, with a little big orange.

The walls are so ugly but Luke in front of them makes it ten times better. Maybe twenty, though. Luke makes everything looks better. And, I already said that, I think.

"I'm glad that you're here," I mumble unsure. Luke looks up. "Me too. I was looking forward to this day. It's a blessing to see you in real life."

My heart skips a beat. "That's adorable." He chuckles and walks towards me. "You're adorable."

He bops my nose. It makes me giggle. I never giggle, because I hate my giggle, but giggling because of Luke doesn't bother me for some reason. He can hear my ugly giggle, I don't mind.

"Stop being so cute." Luke blushes. "Sorry, I'm just happy to see you. You're even prettier in person. And cuter. I didn't even think that it was possible but it is, Jimi. I'm so glad that we met."

"Cutie." I wrap my arms around his body and hug him. He wraps his arms around me and hugs me back. I feel happy when Luke is near me, when he touches me. I'll never be able to tell him but he makes me so damn happy. Only his smile can make my day, or his cute goodnight text. It makes me the happiest girl alive.

Luke pulls away from me and smirks a little. "Ready for our sleepover?"

My awkward self seems to be gone, so I nod excitedly. "Oh hell yeah. Let's break this freaking hotel!"

Luke laughs and gets the donuts, and many more food out of his bag. He plops down on the bed and pats the spot next to me.

"Let's get fat."

And that makes me smile. Why? Because Luke told me that he that he was fat. I could never see it, still can't, but he could in the past. Him making a joke about it shows me that he's making process in becoming happy again.

And that makes me happy. You have no idea how much that makes me smile. Luke is finally starting to become happy again.

Maybe a little because of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 1.7K 20
in which a girl gets a random text from a stranger named ashton. [lowercase intended.]
9.1K 177 30
Love comes in many forms
72.8K 2.4K 38
'No questions. I won't ask you about your past, you won't ask about mine. The only past we talk about is ours. And no asking about my problems. Every...
181K 3.6K 117
Unknown: Although maybe I'll thank him 2 Me: lol why? Unknown: Cos he made me talk 2 u (C) brainoverload 🤓 2018 / added to in 2021 Calum hood fan f...