Irresistible Danger

Door ChinksSoriano

How can Caprice, a feisty, cold hearted and brave girl, as everyone's told her, find her self stuck between f... Meer

Irresistible Danger
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter Six

181 12 4
Door ChinksSoriano

Chapter Six

I froze at the very moment, admiring the view around me. I turned my gaze to Enzo. For the first time, I saw him smile, a real and genuine one. He looks so carefree and happy. It made me want to see him always in that state.

“What are we doing here?” I asked in confusion.

“This is my favourite place. I go here when I want to get out of my shitty life.” He said as he closed his eyes.

“It is really nice here.” I snugged his coat that he put on me to keep me warm closer to my body, wrapping it around the uncovered part of my skin.

“Yes indeed. You are the first girl I brought here.” I didn’t expect that.

“So you bring boys here?” I joked to lighten up the little drama we were having.

I heard him chuckle. “I didn’t know you have this silly side of you.” He shook his head, still chuckling.

“I don’t know I have that side as well.” We both let out a laugh.

We had a little walk along the shore silently. I have to admit that somehow, I can say that I was wrong for mentally judging Enzo from the way I saw him. Pain was plastered in his face when he said his grudge to his mom. Money and luxury is really not enough to complete someone’s life.

“Why do you like to make yourself suffer being just a maid?” He questioned when we are heading back to hotel.

“I told you it’s for my mom. She’s been your family’s maid since you were ten, right?”

“Yeah, Claire. I felt sad when she died as well. But why do you make yourself responsible for continuing her job? Why don’t you just go to school and you know, study?” I looked down and closed my eyes, remembering mom.

“It was her last request to me before she died. You see, mom loved your family so much. She asked me to work as a sign of gratitude to your family.” My heart ached at the memory of my mother telling her last request for me before she died.

“Hmmn. You must have been through a lot then. You know, if you’re like thinking about the money we spent on her hospitalization, it’s nothing. You don’t have to work to pay for that if that’s what your mom is thinking. Another, if she’s also thinking that you should do the job she has left, because she owe our family big time, I actually think you don’t really need to work as a maid in exchange of her. I see it as too much.” Maybe he’s got a point.

“But I love my mom and I will do anything she wants me to do.” I turned my gaze on the window, preventing my tears from falling.

“I understand. But you know parents aren’t always right. Sometimes we have to do want we want in life for us to find our self.” Those words from him, I can never forget those.

He stopped the car at the entrance of the hotel and handed his keys to the valet. He opened my door and ushered me until we reached the room. I comfortably made my way to the sofa and took a seat. He followed after me.

“So, how are you?” He touched the side of my face. Damn, that sent shivers through me.

“I-I’m okay.” I stuttered.

Enzo stared at me for a moment as if he was examining how I am. He’s still calm. Calm as ever.

“I’ll be here for you whenever you need me. Just tell me what you need.” I looked straight into his eyes.

“Why are you saying this like you even care about me?”  This is so not him.

“You’ll know why in the right time.” He stood up and walked few steps away from me. He help up his phone gave me that gesture telling just to call or text him before he left the room.

I found myself bringing back the lonely me. I closed my eyes. Unsure of what is currently into me. What happened today, Enzo, his family, the engagement, the announcement, Gabby, the makeover, the beach. Man, it was so hard to take in all of those. Suddenly, I remembered to check my iPhone.

There was a message from Denzel and another message from Enzo.

I opened Enzo’s first.

‘I hope you sleep well. I forgot to tell you, we’ll get married next week. That leaves you busy for the next coming days.’

Wait. What?

‘What’s with the rush? Why so fast?’

I replied to Enzo before opening Denzel’s message.

‘Hey I gotta ask u question. Pls reply as soon as u read my msg. I’ll wait 4 ur answer.’

I wondered what he is going to ask me.

‘Shoot.’

I received another text from Enzo.

‘You would want to get over this thing as soon as possible, right? Well, unless you want to be my so called fiancé for a little longer? I can really move it next month or even next year if you want to. J’

I can sense that cocky smirk in his face right now.

‘No, I wouldn’t want to be your so called “fiancé” for a long time. Let’s get married next week then and divorce after a month. Have a good night.’

I changed into my sleeping clothes and removed my makeup first before going to bed. I let a loud yawn before opening a message from Denzel.

‘I’ll just call if it’s ok? I really need to ask you something’

Before I can even compose a reply, my phone rang. It was him.

“Hey.” He muttered when I answered.

“Just ask me your question already, I am freaking sleepy” I leaned my back on the bed’s head board.

“Are you the lady that Enzo Atchley’s about to marry?” My eyes widened.

“Unfortunately, yes.” I heard him sigh.

“So you are the girl at the party earlier. You see, I was there.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? I would love to see you in person.”

“As if I could go anywhere near you during that time earlier. You were like the center of the event. Come on, I’m only a celebrity. Atchley’s, they are like an ultra-big people in this world. And you are one heck of a lucky girl.” Woah. Wait. What? He is a what?!

“So you are a celebrity huh?” I changed the subject.

“Yes I am and anyway, I couldn’t believe that you are really a maid.” Disbelief was clearly on his words.

“I was really one.” I seriously said.

“It’s not that I don’t believe in you, it’s just that you look to beautiful to be one. No wonder why Enzo picked you over that Ms. Thompson.” My cheeks reddened.

It was my first time to hear such compliment from someone whom I am comfortable to open with. I don’t know what to say after hearing it.

“W-why thanks for that compliment. Enzo and I will divorce after a month anyway. That’s just a stupid deal. But Denzel, can I sleep now? I am actually really tired of all the shit that’s actually happening around me.” I stammered at my first word.

“Sure. Till next time. I hope to see you around. Bye.” He hung up.

I didn’t realize that I fell asleep so quickly after that call.

Next morning went a little bit different because of Enzo. He actually joined me for breakfast and asked me if I want to roam around the place. I actually said no because that is totally going to be a waste of time for me. I mean, I thought we’ll be getting married like next week? Why does he even have the time to ask me for such stuff?

“I thought I’m going to be busy for the preparation of our so called wedding.” I emphasized the word wedding.

“Well, I rescheduled that next month. I just thought it would be nice to have you as my fiancé for a little longer. So tell me, where do you want to go?” Why the hell?

“Can you just pursue the damn wedding next week?!” I almost shouted.

“You don’t have the right to question me. I am your boss. Now calm down your ass and just tell me where you want to go.” He demanded.

“I want go to my father’s house.” I answered and he stared at me with a complete shock drawn on his face but he didn’t bother asking further more questions.

“Just tell me where that is. I want to meet him too.” Not a really good idea, I guess.

“Okay.” I replied to end the conversation.

You may be wondering why of all places, I chose our home? Well, because the fact that I am getting married without my father’s knowledge is actually bothering me. I know he doesn’t love me like how I love him but still he is my dad after all. Plus, I haven’t seen him for a week now. My day-off is every Saturday but I didn’t have the chance to go home last time.

Around three in the afternoon, Enzo drove me to our house. You see, my father is a construction worker. He doesn’t have work for everyday unless they are working on a new construction. Luckily, he’s home and he was actually about to start drinking again but I stopped him.

“It’s not Saturday, why are you here?” He asked without looking at me. He’s always sound irritated whenever he’s talking to me.

“I’m here to tell you something, dad.”

“You don’t have to tell me. It’s all over the news. You don’t even have an idea of what you are into.” He jeered with annoyance.

“Dad, I’m doing this for us.” That’s true. I want to do it for him. I planned to go back studying after the divorce and finish college to find a better job to help him.

“No, you are doing it for yourself.” He took a glass and gulped the liquor he just poured. “If you are doing it for me, you will tell it to me before the world would hear about it. Here’s a word for you. I don’t fucking care even if you leave me. You were never my child and you will never be.” Pain surged within me. I admit hearing it from my father most of the time since my mother died, but the feeling I felt was even worse because Enzo was around. He heard everything.

“Why do you always have to tell me that? Can’t you just go back to the old you? You have been the guy who always loved my mom, the guy who took care of me when she’s not around. Even if you never told me that you love me, at least I have witnessed you trying to take care of me.”  My voice almost cracked.

Since I was a kid, I never heard a single I love you from my father. But I saw him took care of me even just a bit. Unlike right now, he’s like treating me as if I was never her daughter, as if the same blood doesn't run on veins. He started being like this since mom died. But, what is the damn reason of him being like that to me?

It’s like he has been keeping it to me for so long and he just bursted it all when mom died. Why? Why is he blaming me for my mother’s death? My mom died because of cancer for heaven’s sake!

“Just go. Get out of this house. I don’t want to see you.” I looked down and felt Enzo’s hand holding mine. He motioned me to go as well.

I hate the way he treated me in front of Enzo. I admit I’m used to my father treating me like that but not when someone is around especially Enzo. I felt so ashamed.

“Sorry about that.” I murmured shyly when we entered the car.

“Why is your father mad at you?” Enzo remained calm as he asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t even have a clue.” I shook my head. “I wish mom never died. Only she can make my father happy. It seemed like he was just forced to love me when mom was still around. Because you know, I never even heard him tell me that he loves me. But me, knowing that he’s the only family I have, I still love him.” I don’t even know why I am opening this to him.

“Don’t push yourself so much to your father. Just give him time. Maybe one day he’ll be able to show you that he loves you back.” That is, if he really loves me. But I doubt. “Anyway, how was he as a father when you were younger?” Enzo started the car and began driving.

“It may sound weird but my childhood’s a complete blur on my mind. There are times where I remember myself sitting in a large bed with many toys around me. But that’s way too impossible because we’re poor ever since I was born.”

“When is your birthday by the way?” Same question I’m asking myself.

“I don’t know. I know I have it in my birth certificate but mom and dad never showed it to me. I consider New Year as my birthday. A new year is a new age for me.” I chuckled, hiding the sorrow that’s building up inside me.

“That’s crazy.” He was surprised. “I’ll go find it out for you.” A concerned Enzo beside me? Wow.

“Thank you.” I smiled. “I didn't know you have this nice side of you.” He laughed.

“I didn't know either. Anyway, just forget what happened. We’ll have some fun tonight.” He drove me back to the hotel and left me to take a rest. He told me he’ll pick me up at nine.

The first thing I did when I got back to the hotel was to check my phone.

‘You don’t love him, right?’

It was from Denzel.  I replied.

‘Him? You mean Enzo? Of course I don’t a stupid deal won’t make me fall in love for that guy.’

I don’t know why I am being so defensive when it comes to what I feel about Enzo. I mean, he’s not that type of person that I could fall in love with, right?

After few minutes, my phone beeped.

‘So can we hang out after you divorce with him? You know friendly stuff.’

Hang out huh?

‘I’ll try.’

I sent the message.

I decided to give myself another rest and drifted off to a little sleep which lasted for like three hours. I woke up because of the room service that served my dinner.

I’m not that much hungry so I only ate a little amount of food. I sauntered my way to the sofa and took a deep breath. At that moment, thoughts are fleeing inside my head. Same questions bombarded in me.

Why was my father being like that to me?

Does he even loves or loved me?

What have I done to make him treat me that way?

Can I ever change the way he treats me?

I closed my eyes, feeling down.

Moments later, my phone began to ring. It was a call from Enzo.

“Hey Caprice, I’ll be there in an hour. You better prepare yourself. You’ll be wearing something appropriate for a night party of your age. It will arrive in not time. I asked someone to deliver it to you. Okay? Bye.” He hung up without hearing any of my response.

What an ass. I rolled my eyes and threw my phone on the sofa before I made my way to the bathroom and took my shower.

Exactly after I was done washing up, the doorbell echoed around the suite and I quickly tiptoed to open the door. There, I found Landon and his assistant holding what seemed like a medium sized makeup kit. Yes Landon, that gay from the building. He was holding two boxes. One large box which I assumed contains a dress and the other box for my shoes.

“Come in.” He slightly bowed his head before entering the place.

“Mr. Atchley commanded me to make you wear these stuffs and I am also here to groom you a bit.” Landon spoke and I just nodded.

He made me sit on the dresser’s chair and began doing my makeup. He let my hair dry before straightening my hair. After that, he opened that mystery box he was holding a while ago revealing a black dress that fell like about halfway my legs when I wore it. Shit. He also fished out a halfway denim jacket from the box and also opened the other box containing white pumps.

“Woah, wait easy there. This dress is way tooooooo short for me, Landon.” He chuckled.

“I believe it looks perfect on you.” He said smiling.

“You sure? I think it’s too short for me.” I was really in doubt about it.

“Trust me miss.” He beamed and continued helping me to wear my shoes.

Landon asked me to turn around so I could face the mirror after he let me wear my jacket and gave me a small purse for my phone. Man, this gay never failed to amaze me with what he can do with my appearance. If I only have money, I would’ve paid him extra cash. I mentally slapped myself. What was I thinking?

In five minutes, the doorbell rang. Landon was the one to open it for me. There entered Enzo wearing his light blue denim pants and v-neck shirt paired with a red converse. After handing Landon another check, he swept his way to me. Smiling, I heard him murmur something I can’t understand.

“You look fine.” He offered his hand. “Shall we?” I let out a silent laugh before giving my hand as we headed out the room. We entered the elevator and went down to the lobby. When we got out of the hotel, Enzo’s car was already outside. He opened my door for me to enter before getting his keys from the valet.

“This is going to be fun.” He closed his door and looked at me.

“Where are you exactly taking me anyway?” I inquired. He didn’t answer but he roared his engine out of the hotel making my heart beat faster.

“You’ll see missy, you’ll see.” That irritating smirk was once again on his face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[a/n: long freaking time no updaaaaaaaate! :D hi!. sooorry for being like absent for a yeaaar.. or two? you see, been through many problems including the broken latop which erased ALL of my files and plots :( and eating and sleeping disorders made me feel worse. it's good to be back. :D I hope you guys will still read my stories. I have an upcoming story entitled 'The Bad Boy's Love Teacher :D don't forget to vote vote vote this chap! love yousss :**]

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

3.6M 47.4K 25
Abril has a secret...she's the daughter of the richest man in the county, but because of a childhood incident she decides she can't tell anyone, even...
349K 6.1K 19
New synopsis pending...
63.7K 1.6K 16
This story is about a shy girl who had never dreamed about becoming the wife of a billionaire aka her boss in which she was a maid to. And according...