I Like me Better

By popculture-parker

College! Neighbour! AU Peter Parker x Female Reader Moving to the Big Apple, you feel like the world has fin... More

Midnight into Morning Coffee
Burning Through the Hours Talking

To be drunk and in love in New York City

79 2 0
By popculture-parker

I don't know what it is but I got that feeling

Waking up in this bed next to you swear the room

Yeah, it got no ceiling

If we lay, let the day just pass us by

I might get to too much talking

I might have to tell you something

Being with Peter was like having a relationship that was written by Nicholas Sparks. Most days started at the coffee shop across the street from you, so much so that the sweet girl on shift then always had both of your orders ready by the time you got there. On Valentine's Day, he surprised you with a bouquet of sunflowers and roses that you had kept in a vase until they had long wilted. Both of you weren't big on public display of affection and kept your romance behind closed doors. On your birthday, he knew you had had the longest day ever, so he ordered the biggest pizza from the 99c pizza shop downtown, and stuck candles on it.

"I didn't know I was turning...37?" you laughed, counting all the lit candles.

"I got too excited and stuck them all on the pizza" he grinned sheepishly. Coming to sit next to you, he intertwined his fingers with yours handing you the pizza cutter

"Happy birthday, love" he said, lightly kissing your temple.

Yeah, you were in one of Peter's hoodies with no makeup and your hair in a messy bun and he was in just sweatpants and a thin t-shirt. Yeah, it took you about 3 goes to finally blow out all 37 candles and yeah, you were cutting the thin crust pizza like a cake and feeding it to each other, giggling at the pizza grease on your faces, but you really couldn't imagine spending your first birthday abroad any other way. Peter somehow managed to make it perfect, no matter what. The guy could make a shopping trip amazing.

But on your 1 year anniversary, you had taken Peter to the top of the Empire State Building for a dinner that you had been saving up for too long. The look on his face as he took in the view was worth every dollar you put into the present.

"I got the idea during one of my lectures" you admit, looking at how Peter couldn't take his eyes off the skyline. "Grace had asked me when we'd first started dating, and that got me thinking of how we spent that night up on the roof.". You took a deep breath. It was now or never.

"I didn't know it then, but remember that time when we just spent the entire day in bed after exams? I think it was then that I fell in love with you". At your words, Peter whipped his head to face you, eyes wide with shock; mouth slightly agape. You nervously fidgeted in your seat, wringing your hands underneath the table. But you made yourself continue,

"It's ok if you don't feel the same way. And if you want to cut things off between us for a while because of this... I completely understand." Just the thought of not having Peter around made your voice wobble and break a little. But, the ball was in his court and you'd respect him and whatever decision he made.

There are a few moments of tense silence between you two and you slowly feel your heart sink and your stomach open into a bottomless pit. Suddenly you can't make eye contact with him and the million lights around you blur into a haze as your eyes cloud with tears.

"I should have given you your present first" he laughs self-consciously. He was trying to let you down easily. And somehow, that hurt even more. Because of course, Peter was too nice to completely ghost you. Of course he'd try to still stay friends, even if you'd be loving him from afar.

"My present's actually at home. I wasn't expecting us to go out tonight and I didn't bring it with me" he explains. You can't trust yourself to speak so you nod, subtly wiping your eyes as you left the restaurant, hoping that no one would see how red your eyes were. The walk back home flashed past and you barely remember getting home until you're sitting on the couch, facing Peter. He wordlessly hands you a gift wrapped present with a small bow on top and bites his lip nervously. Curious, you tear at the wrapping paper, to see that Peter had got you a photo album scrapbook.

"Wow" you choke out, slowly turning all the pages. It was full of pictures that he had taken of you, some of them where you'd obviously posed and some that were completely candid. Flicking through the pages, you recognised one that he took when you surprised him with a picnic up on the roof. All of the stupid ones you took when you goofed around in bed. The one he pranked you with a surprise water balloon fight. One where the light from your night lamp illuminated the side of your face as you were studying.

"The first night we stayed up together to study for our finals. You looked beautiful, even if it was 2am" he says, seeing you look at that photo. But the best one was a photo he'd taken was on the first day you moved in, as you bustled around the kitchen with a coffee pot in your hand, hair up in a frizzy ponytail, a slightly dusty shirt and some old sweatpants.

"I took that after you told me to meet you on the roof with some coffee. That's the moment I fell in love with you. I just didn't know that it was love then". As the realisation of what he was saying set in, your heart beat faster, not completely believing what he was saying. You probably looked like shit, with your hair all messy and tears staining your cheeks but you needed him to say it.

"I wanted to say it to you first. But you beat me to it and I think that was way better" he said, looking at you with so much adoration and love in his eyes that it was almost impossible to believe.

"I love you Y/N. There's no way I couldn't" he admitted. The tears that you had been holding back since you two had walked home finally fell down your cheeks, dripping onto your lap as you smiled brighter than you ever thought you had. Closing the book as if it was the most delicate thing in the world, you slid it in the coffee table and clambered up onto Peter's lap, legs on either side of his. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you buried your face into his neck, holding him to you. His arms tightened around you, pulling you in closer and you felt him press a small kiss just underneath your ear as he hugged you back.

"God, I love you" you choke out, laughing through your sobs.

"Don't scare me like that again!" you whine, pulling back only to lightly smack Peter on the shoulder before hugging him even tighter. You can feel his light chuckle rumble through his chest and the content sigh he lets out as he holds you. You don't know how long you stay in that position, the two of you just intertwined together; a slight breeze flowing in through the open window and fire escape. Peter's hands roam all over your back, slow lazy swipes that almost lull you to sleep. Almost.

Your whole body was buzzing, heart so full that you thought it would burst at its seams. Silently you cup Peter's jaw, and place your lips gently over his, taking your time to kiss him slowly. Your mouths rove over each other's gently, almost reverently, exploring each other all over again. For some reason, sex had never been mentioned with Peter. The most you'd ever gotten to was a heated make-out session on the bed with your shirts off. But right now, you wanted more. Needed more. All the love songs made sense now. All the super cliche love quotes that you'd come across before suddenly resonated somewhere deep within you. You thought it was cliche when people said that they were complete with someone they loved. You always scoffed at couples that were always lovesick and yet now, you wondered how people in love weren't like that all the time.

Your breaths grew heavier, heat coursing all over your body; right till the tips of your fingers and toes. It was unbelievable how addicting a feeling could be. The incredible surge of power you felt when you heard Peter groan lowly onto your lips after your hands had snuck up his shirt.

"I love you" you mumble, needing to say it aloud again, almost to convince yourself that it wasn't just a dream. The words were like a trigger and you let out a little yelp of surprise when Peter hooked his arms under your thighs and carried you to the bedroom. He places you down on the sheets, the feeling cold on your back and climbs over you.

"I love you" he whispered, gazing down. You watch as he intertwined his fingers with yours, placing your hands above your head as he kisses the corner of your mouth, your jaw, your neck leisurely. A soft breathy moan leaves your mouth as he sucks on your sweet spot, your back rising up slightly. Your grip on his hand tightens subconsciously and your legs wrap around his thighs. His hands that were previously in your hair, slowly trace down your partly naked sides, playing with the hem of the hoodie. He pulls back long enough to tug it off you until you're only in your bra and underwear. Reciprocating, Peter helps you pull his shirt off, shivering at your hands lightly running over his stomach. The rough calluses on his hand scraped against your back as he fingers played with the clasp of your bra.

"Umm, how do you..?" Peter trails off, obviously struggling. You giggle lightly at his sheepish grin, hands slightly shaking as you reach back and undo the clasp, pulling the bra off and chucking it in some corner of the room.

"Y'know you can touch me" you say a little a self-conscious at the glazed, slightly awestruck look in Peter's eyes.

"You're exquisite" he breathes, kissing you deeper this time, slipping his tongue in, a deep moan rising from both of you as his hands cup your breasts. You screw your eyes shut and feel your cheeks flush as his thumbs slowly tease over your nipples, the sensation sending shocks of pleasure right down to your core. The world seems to stop spinning as Peter leaves wet kisses down your body, worshipping every single inch of you. You bite your lip as you watch him kiss around the waistband of your underwear, and lightly grazing his lips over the sensitive skin of your inner thighs. You nod hurriedly when he looks up at you for confirmation.

Leaning back on the bed, you to to make yourself relax as Peter peels off your underwear; the cold air on your core making you breathe raggedly. It doesn't help when Peter gently wraps his hands around your thighs and moves closer to where you need him most. You let out a gasp and squeeze your eyes shut even more when you feel him lick you.

"O-oh my god." you whimper, your back arching. Fuck, you didn't think you'd ever get used to this feeling. His tongue runs up your folds as he begins to suck on your clit gently, lightly flicking it every now and then. The burning sensation in your stomach turns into a knot, tightening with every stroke of his tongue against you. Needing to hold something, you reach down, threading your fingers through Peter's curls as you try not to tug too hard. You feel his growl as he works you, tongue alternating between licking and sucking you. You can't help the sounds pouring out of your mouth anymore as a shudder passes up your spine, head swimming the brimming pleasure, your body writhing. Peter watched you from between your thighs, watched how a light sheen of sweat formed on your body, how your back would arch up whenever he flicked his tongue. He loved how you'd tug his hair tighter every single time, subconsciously telling him what you liked, loved how bittersweet you tasted.

"Oh, f-fuck Peter p-please" you beg, feeling the pleasure in you build up to a climax. He picks up the pace, encouraging you to let go, to lose yourself. The knot in you finally snaps when he groans and your body goes still for a fraction of a second before your mouth drops open and you let yourself tip over the edge.

You breathe heavily as he keeps eating you out after your orgasm, your body completely limp as he draws small whines and whimpers out of you. He moves away, leaving open-mouthed kisses up your body till his lips find yours and you can't help the fire that ignites in you immediately when you taste yourself on his lips.

"Are you ok?" he asks worriedly, wondering if he went too hard on you.

"Better than ok" you giggle lightly as your hands tug on the waistband of his sweats.

"You're sure about this?" Peter murmurs, peppering small kisses all over your cheeks. You don't say anything; just cup his face and let your lips do all the talking. You can feel how hard he is against your thigh and your heart swells at the thought of Peter still making sure you were ok before he took care of himself. He laces your fingers with his above your head and gazes down at you.

"I love you" he affirms once again, as he kicks off his underwear and rolls on a condom. Your eyes roll to the back of your head and your eyes flutter shut when Peter lines up to you and slips into you. He finds himself gripping your hand even harder because you're clenching so tight around him and it just feels so good.

"I love you" you groan, lightly biting down on his shoulder. It's like your body has a mind of its own when Peter begins to move, your hips bucking up to meet his in time with his thrusts. Your other hand grips his arm, feeling it unconsciously flex under your touch. He builds up the pace slowly, placing his forehead on yours as he hits a deeper spot with every thrust.

"F-fuck Y/N." Peter groans muttered, his arm holding you tightly as he slides in and out of you at a steady pace. All you can do is moan lowly in response.

"M-more" you whisper. He groans at your words, leaning down to steal a quick kiss before wrapping your legs around his waist tightly. The new angle made your mouth drop open silently as the tightening sensation in your stomach grew more intense.

"Babe, I d-don't th-think - " Peter groans, cutting himself off.

"M-me too, fuck..." you trail off completely lost in the feeling. The arm that's around you comes down, thumb circling around your clit as his teeth lightly graze along your neck. You tense up and involuntarily clench around him, hips snapping up as high-pitched whines and whimpers tear themselves out of your throat as you come. Just watching you hit your high has Peter instantly coming. He buries his face in your neck, biting down roughly on your soft spot as he tries to muffle the groans that leave his mouth. You both work each other through your orgasms, prolonging the bliss while your thighs shake and tremble. Slowing down until he's barely rocking you against the bed, the sound of your ragged breaths are the only thing you can hear.

Slowly pulling out, Peter pecks you on the lips before disappearing into the toilet, coming back with a wet washcloth.

"Are you alright?" he asks anxiously, peering down at you.

"Yeah. I love you" you breathe, the slight graze from the washcloth between your legs sending a jolt through you.

"I love you" Peter smiles, cleaning himself off too before chucking the used washcloth in the hamper. The post-sex bliss hits you both and you cuddle up next to each other under the sheets as you fall asleep almost immediately, Peter's arms wrapped around you tightly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

958K 38K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
284K 6.5K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
756K 25.3K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...