All I Ever Wanted

By EverEnchantingE

We can't always get what we want in life. I found that out when I lost my best friend to the one thing he lov... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Epilogue

2.8K 57 9
By EverEnchantingE

Three Months Later...

I barely manage to set the last of my boxes of things in the back of Klay's car before Ava pounces on me. "I'm so happy for you!"

A small laugh escapes my throat as I hug her back. "Thank you, Ava. Thank you for...everything."

Teaes fill both of our eyes, and I take a deep breath to keep mine at bay.

If it wasn't for Ava, then I don't know where Hope and I would be. She was there for me when Klay wasn't, and she was like the sister that Hope never had. It would be different not having her around anymore.

Managing a small watery smile, I gently nudge her shoulder. "I'm not the only one who has a reason to be happy, though."

Ava blushes profusely and smiles at me as her eyes drift down to her barely there baby bump and the huge diamond ring on her finger. It turns out that the night that Klay proposed to me, Ava wasn't throwing up just because of the alcohol she had consumed. She'd found out later that day that she was pregnant with Seth's baby, and before she could tell him the news, he came barrelling into our apartment, apologizing profusely and begging her to forgive him, which she did. Now, she had plans to move in with him, all the way in Dallas, Texas.

Explaining to Hope that we were going to move in with Klay was difficult enough, although she had taken that well, but when I had to explain to her why she wouldn't see Ava very much anymore...

...she had a meltdown.

It had taken Klay holding her and promising that she would get to see Ava everytime he had a game against the Dallas Mavericks to calm her down and begrudgingly accept what was about to happen.

"Alright Ava, you ready?" Seth asks as he opens the door to the taxi that is waiting to take them tomthe airport, and Ava nods her head at him before she turns her attention onto me.

With tears streaming down her cheeks, she hugs me as if it is the last time she is ever going to see me, and when she finally lets me go, I have to bite my lip to keep my owm tears at bay. It's so hard...

"You better call me every day and tell me how things are going with this one," she says as she motions to Klay, who wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses my temple.

With a smile, I nod my head at her. "I will."

She then kneels down so that she is on Hope's level and gives her a huge hug. "Bye my little piece of Hope. I'm going to miss you so much!"

Hope sniffles as she hugs her back. "Bye Ava..."

Ava kisses the top of her head before releasing her, and before Hope can think anout being sad, Klay swoops her up into his arms and tickles her, causing her to giggle happily. "I think this calls for some ice cream."

Hope's eyes light up. "Yay! Ice cream!"

Klay winks at me and gives Ava a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he moves to pit Hope in his car.

As soon as he is out of sight, Ava pulls me in close to her and whispers excitedly, "When are you going to tell him?"

A small smile pulls at my lips as I think about the life changing news I have for him. "Soon."

.  .  .

For the next month, I try to find the right time to tell him my news, but every time I do, we get interrupted.

First, I had made a romantic dinner for the two of us at home, and just as I was about to tell him, he got a call from the Warriors saying that they had an unscheduled practice he had to attend.

The second time, I had bought a cute little pair of shoes and put them in a box, ans I was going to give it to him for on our date night, but before I could, Hope had found the box and given the shoes to her stuffed teddy bear.

My secret won't be able to be kept for much longer, unfortunately. Having run out of ideas, I call the one persom who always seems to have a plan for everything.

"Hey! Thank you for stopping me from eating this whole tub of Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. How are you?"

I sigh sadly. "I'll be better if I can give Klay his news. No matter how hard I try, it always gets ruined. I'm about to just give up, Ava."

"Don't! Come on, Logan. You're one of the most stubborn women in the world. You can give him the news."

And just like that, an idea appears in my head. Maybe Ava is right after all...

.  .  .

Never in my entire life have I been so nervous for a Warriors game to reach halftime, but tonight is different. Tonight is the big night.

Since our story began on the court, I figure that it should end there too, which is why I arranged for there to be a very special performance tonight, one that I am sure no one will forget.

The clock dwindles down to zero, signaling that the quarter is over and halftime is finally here. The Washington Wizards walk off the court and into the locker room, but all of the Warriors stay on the court and form a circle.

Which confuses the hell out of Klay.

I can't help but smile as I watch from my hiding spot. He is mouthing something to Steph, who is doing a really good job of not giving anything away.

"For tonight's halftime show, we've got two surprises for one of our very own Warrioes here tonight, since it's his birthday."

The lights dimmed, and everyone's attention flew up to the jumbo tron as a video began playing, and the entire crowd chorused an 'awww!' as they stared up at Hope's smiling face.

"Hi, daddy Klay. Thank you for giving me lots of ice cream and toys and playing dollies with me..."

The crowd laughs happily at Hope's little speech, and tears form in my eyes as I watch Klay stare stand there, visibly taken aback.

"Now mommy?" Hope asks me, envelope in hand. I nod my head and give her a gentle push out onto the court.

"...and you're the best daddy ever. You give me lots and lots of stuff, but I want one more thing..."

The video shuts off and the lights turn back on to full brightness, and everyone's attention focuses on Hope, who is now standing before Klay with a huge smile on her face. He kneels down to her level and looks at her questioningly, completely surprised by this entire thing.

"Here," she says as she hands him the envelope, and he shakily takes it with his hands and swallows hard as he struggles to open it.

As soon as he pulls the papers out, he covers his mouth with one hand as tears fill his eyes. From down below, Hope tugs gently on his shorts and looks up at him hopefully.

"Will you be my daddy?"

The entire crowd errupts into applause as Klay drops the papers onto the floor, swoops Hope up into his arms and hugs her tightly. All of his teammates, even Nick, applaud loudly, and I wipe my eyes as Klay places soft kisses all over Hope's head.

I honestly don't think I have ever seen him this happy before...

...and hopefully after the next bit of news, he'll be even happier.

"That is so sweet! He said yes, ladies and gentleman! But wait, there's more!"

Klay's eyes widen in surprise, and he quickly looks at Steph in question. I would pay a good amount of money to know what he is thinking right now.

Blowing out a deep breath, I slowly make my way out onto the court with a small nervous smile on my face. "Hi."

Klay smiles nervously at me as he pulls me in close and kisses me quickly. "Hey. I can't believe you did all of this. This is the best birthday gift you could have given me, Logan."

I glance back at Steph for encouragement, who is grinning at me from ear to ear, before I look back at Klay. "Are you sure about that?"

His brow furrows as he looks down at me. "Well, I was...until you asked me that."

I really wish I wasn't so nervous right now, because this situation would be absolutely hilarious.

Before I can say anything else, a cake that is shaped and looks just like a basketball is wheeled out onto the floor by Draymond and Shaun, and they park it right in front of Klay, who looks at in awe before looking back at me. "Logan..."

"Let's all sing Happy Birthday to one of our favorite players! One, two, three!"

"Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you

Klay stares at me longingly before mouthing 'I love you' to me and giving Hope another kiss on her head.

Happy Birthday dear Klay
Happg Birthday to you!

The whole arena errupts into applause, and I can't help but smile as I stand next to him.

"Make a wish."

He blows out the candles without another thought, and to my surprise, he pulls me into him with his free arm and kisses me soundly before smiling at me. "I don't need to make a wish. Everything I want is right here in my arms."

Teaes form in my eyes, and I internally fight with myself to hold in my emotions for a little bit longer.

Steph takes Hope from Klay and hands him a knife. "Cut the cake, bro. I'm starving."

The rest of the Warriors chuckle, and I bite my lip gently as Klay cuts the first piece.

Before he can put it onto a plate, I ask, "Do you think you could get used to there being four of us?"

He chuckles quietly before leaning down to quickly peck my lips. "I definitely could, but there's only three of us."

When he plates the cake, his eyebrows shoot up as he takes in the rich blue color of it. Realization dawns on his face as the entire arena errupts into loud cheers.

Nervously, I glance down at my feet. "There will be four of us... in just a few months."

The look of shock on Klay's face morphs into the largest smile I have ever seen, and I gasp as ne picks me up and spins me around. "I'm going to be a dad? Twice over?"

Laughing, I nod my head. "Are you okay with that?"

He holds me in his arms and stares down into my eyes with tears in his own. "Logan, I'm more than okay with it. This is the happiest I've ever been. You're all that I've ever wanted and so much more. And now with Hope and our little guy on the way... I have all I'll ever need."

~The End~

**Author's Note** To everyone who has taken the time to read this story, thank you so much! From your feedback to just the amount of reads this has received, I am so happy. I am really glad that so many of you enjoyed this story. I had fun writing it, and although I am sad that it has come to an end, I am grateful that it is finally completed. Until next time, my Klay Thompson fans!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 1.2K 26
•"I'm not exactly the best driver" •"I noticed" He thought he would never fall in love again, but instead crashed into love.
16.9K 485 45
An up and coming singer forms a friendship with an NBA All-Star, but hidden feelings begin to surface and complicate their dynamic.
179K 7.5K 19
At first we were inseparable. Then we became distant. And now we're just memories. Based on the movie Love & Basketball (DONT STEAL MY WORK)
73.9K 2.5K 58
Sequel to More Than Friends but it can be read separately. They are now the perfect couple. Married and both living their dreams but with a lost of h...