LOVING TWO

By honeeylovee

"My heart is torn between two. I love them both. I have to let one go" . . Jazmin thought she found everyth... More

Chapter One Intro: Sunset Views (Diary)
Chapter Two: Jacksonville (Diary)
Chapter Three: First Night In Redwood-Ville
Chapter Four: The Next Door Neighbor
Chapter Five: Senior Year
Chapter Six: Bright Stars
Chapter Seven: Late Night Thoughts
Chapter Eight: Letting Demons Out
Chapter Nine: A New Vibe
Chapter Ten: Mixed Emotions
Chapter Eleven: The Heartbreak
Chapter Twelve: Me Myself & I
Chapter Thirteen: School Project
Chapter Fourteen: War Declared
Chapter Fifteen: School Field Trip
Chapter Sixteen: The Healer
Chapter Seventeen: Take Me To Paradise
Chapter Eighteen: Facing Reality
Chapter Nineteen: Troubling Young Love
Chapter Twenty: Mending A Shattered Heart
Chapter Twenty-One: A Chance On Bad
Chapter Twenty-Two: Rumors
Chapter Twenty-Three: Rage
Chapter Twenty-Four: Burning Passion
Chapter Twenty-Five: A Dangerous Ex
Chapter Twenty-Six: Faded Memories
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Vivid Nightmare
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Aching Hearts
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Singing The Blues
Chapter Thirty: Singing The Blues (pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-One: Letting Go
Chapter Thirty-Two: An Old Friend
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Ghost From The Past
Chapter Thirty-Four: Secrets (Pt.1)
Chapter Thirty-Five: Secrets (Pt.2)
Chapter Thirty-Six: The Offer
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Open Wound
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Time Heals
Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Night Of Romance
Chapter Forty: Unfortunate Event
Chapter Forty-One: A Lustful Kiss?
Chapter Forty-Two: Bad Lies
Chapter Forty-Three: The Call
Chapter Forty-Four: Deception
Chapter Forty-Five: The Proposal
Chapter Forty-Six: The Hide Out (Pt.1)
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Hide Out (Pt.2)
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Decision
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Capture
Chapter Fifty: A Dreadful Death
Chapter Fifty-One: Ticking Bomb
Chapter Fifty-Two: Life Goes On
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Agreement
Chapter Fifty-Five: Back To A Loving Home
Chapter Fifty-Six: Birthday Surprise
Chapter Fifty-Seven: The Confession
Chapter Fifty-Eight: A Passionate Night
Chapter Fifty-Nine: The Halloween Party
Chapter Sixty: Calling It Quits?
Chapter Sixty-One: The Reason Comes Out
Chapter Sixty-Two: The Return
Chapter Sixty-Three: Out For Blood
Chapter Sixty-Four: The Choice
Chapter Sixty-Five: Closing Two Chapters
Chapter Sixty-Six: A New Home
Chapter Sixty-Seven: Fateful Accident
Chapter Sixty-Eight: Farewell My Love
Chapter Sixty-Nine: A Life Changing Decision
Chapter Seventy: Sunset Views In Jacksonville

Chapter Fifty-Three: Birth To A New Beginning

127 13 4
By honeeylovee

(JAKES P.O.V)

My hands were sweating and my knees shaking as I nervously walked back and forth. I didn't know what was going on inside that room. All I could hear were Jazmin's painful cries. I couldn't go inside and see her that way. I was confused shocked and somewhat upset. We stopped talking to each other since my Mothers passing. The last time I saw her was at graduation day. I have to admit I couldn't bring myself to look her in the eyes after what happened. I distanced myself from her because her heart belonged to the only relative I have left. I was done fighting for her attention or for her love. I was not going to go up against my only brother. Even though he never once accepted me. We both exchanged a few hurtful glances the day we buried our mother. He was somewhat understanding enough to share that tough grieving evening with me. That day I got to see a weak torn side of him I never thought existed. Even though he held his feelings strongly inside by not shedding one single tear. I knew by the sad lonely look in his eyes that he was devastated. Some part of me wanted to let him know we weren't alone. We had each other. I wanted him to know I was willing to give up the love of my life for his happiness.

After all I was blessed with a lot since I was a baby. Life wasn't always so easy for him. There was so much I wanted to ask him. How was our Mother like? What were her likes and dislikes? I wanted to know more about him but I couldn't bring myself to do it. So instead I watched him in silence until he came up to me before leaving. He gave me a gentle pat in the back and then walked away. Our paths never crossed again. In the beginning it was difficult to move on and accept the reality. Jazmin was never going to be mine again. She was a chapter in my life I had closed. So I decided to go out and date. Never would I had thought I would be set up by my friend Danny on a blind date. She turned out to be a beautiful girl with big stunning hazel eyes. A smile that had me breathless since the first day I had met her. To my surprise it was Ashley the girl I had met months ago at a Cafe/Inn. During our date we instantly connected and from that day on we were basically inseparable. She became someone I cared for deeply. I leaned on her for support and not once did she leave me alone to deal with my feelings. She was there for me when times got rough. By that I mean the countless times I wanted to drink my pain numb. The times I wanted to run back to Jazmin. The dark times I thought I would become the monster my Father was.

She was the only person besides Nana that cared for me. She showed me that it was possible to trust again. Without her I don't know who I would've become. She kept me from losing my sanity. She engraved herself in my heart without me even knowing. I found out just how much she meant to me one night when I was close to losing her. I had been drinking and I kept constantly naming Jazmin to her. She had about enough that she drove me to Jazmin's house. Standing outside she looked me deep in the eyes and with all certainty she asked me to choose. If Jazmin was who I wouldn't be able to ever let go off then I would end up losing Ashley. Though if I was ready to start a healthy new relationship with her I would have to give up Jazmin for good this time. I looked up towards Jazmin's bedroom where I saw a light on. The thought of her laying awake in her bed crossed my mind. I was just a few steps away from being able to shout her name. I wondered if she would come out. How would she look? What would she say? What would I say? Suddenly my deep thoughts were interrupted when I noticed Ashley walking away. She had thought that with my silence I had chosen. Without hesitation I stopped her from leaving. I knew on that very night I had already opened up my heart to her. I was just too stupid to realize that she had become the girl I needed in my life.

Earlier in the day we were hiking when we noticed a parked car. As soon as I recognized it belonged to Miles I jogged towards it. As I pointed my flashlight to the inside, I suddenly heard distant screams. Looking up towards a small hill we noticed a girl laying on the grass while a guy desperately shouted for help. I ran as fast as I could. Once I got there I found myself standing over a frantic pregnant girl that cried in pain. I was shocked to see that it was Jazmin who laid there right before me. A million questions crossed my mind but all I could focus on was getting her to the hospital. She had blood dripping between her legs. Miles looked pale and worried. I couldn't seem to control my nerves either. I could hear my heartbeat racing. The waiting game to hear news of her was overwhelming me. I couldn't believe Jazmin had gotten pregnant. Could James be the Father? Or could it be me? The curiosity got the best of me so with all certainty I walked towards Miles. He must know after all he is James friend. Just as I was approaching him a doctor walked in the waiting room.

Doctor- Has the family of Jazmin Smith arrived?

Miles- No doc. they're on their way..

Jake- Is she okay??

Doctor- She is about to give birth..We need the father to cut the umbilical cord..Are any of you two the father?

Jake- (Without thinking I instantly shouted)....I'll cut it!..

Miles- NO!...I'm the father..I'll do it.

Jake- What??...

Miles- Doctor where do I go?

Doctor- Follow me.

Ashley- Jake..It is not your place.

Jake- I know...I just...Ugh..I still can't believe this is happening..I mean Jazmin is pregnant and I never knew...

Ashley- Why are you so upset?

Jake- This will kill James if he were to find out...Miles is his best friend..I can't believe that son of a bitch would do this to him!!!

Ashley- Jake..We have nothing to do here.

Jake- I can't leave..I gotta know if the baby is okay..

Ashley- Why?

Jake- What do you mean why??...I need to see her...(Shit)...I mean..I just need to talk to her..I need answers..

Ashley- *Annoyed.....Answers to what??

Jake- You don't understand she was crazy in love with James...She couldn't have just moved on so easily and with Miles of all people!

Ashley- Why not?..The guy seems like he genuinely cares about her..You're not gonna tell me you didn't notice just how worried sick he looked..

Jake- Yeah he did...but that doesn't excuse the fact he's the best friend of James!!...Why would he do this!...Why would SHE do this!!....It doesn't make any sense..

Ashley- You wanna know what doesn't make any sense?..You worrying so much about a girl you haven't spoken too or seen for months now..A girl you so called moved on from...NOW THAT doesn't make any sense.

Jake- Babe it's not like that...

Ashley- Are you leaving with me or not?

Jake- I just want to know if they both are okay..Can we please wait for that?

Ashley- Trust me when I say that I am really trying here Jake.

(MILES P.O.V)

I had cut the umbilical cord and now I was holding this beautiful little babygirl in my arms. Her dazzling big sky blue eyes were glistening as bright as diamonds. I touched her with delicacy as if she was made out of glass. Her shade of a soft rosy skin tone glowed perfectly with her chubby red cheeks. I couldn't help but feel somewhat connected to her. It wasn't my place to begin with but I felt as if she was mine. I cared for her before she came out to this world. The many times I had touched her while she was inside that belly before I was actually able to hold her in my arms. The many nights I spoke to her while her mom slept peacefully. I loved her even before I met her. I always wondered how she would look. I had visioned this day in my mind so many times. Yet I was not ready to be so easily breath taken and lost for words like I found myself now. I wanted to tell her that I wanted to be her dad. I wanted her to know I will protect her with my life if I have too. I will put her happiness first before anyone and anything in this world. I needed her to know how much she meant to me. I will always be there to guide her and support her. I will give her all this enormous love I'm holding inside for her. All the love that was patiently waiting to drift out the second my eyes met hers. My heart is hers to keep forever. I want her to know. I need her to know.

Miles- I'm sorry...I just couldn't put her down..but here carry her..

Jazmin- Thank you Miles..

Miles- For what?

Jazmin- For everything..

Miles- *Smiles...She's got your lips you know?

Jazmin- She's got those beautiful captivating blue eyes..

Miles- *Clears Throat...Lets not think about stuff that is going to cause heartache..

Jazmin-....I just can't help but think about him as soon as I look at her..It's as if I'm holding him in my arms...She looks so much like him...

Miles- She will always be a part of him Jazmin..She will always remind u of him..But you gotta move on..For her and for yourself.

Jazmin- I know Miles..I just don't know how..

Miles- I do..

Jazmin- Hmm?

Miles- Before I go on..I want you to listen carefully..I don't expect you to agree..Nor do I expect anything else from you..However I expect your understanding..So please just hear me out.

With a confuse look in my face I sat up straight as I rested my baby against my chest. He sat next to my legs as he nervously played with his keys. It was evident that whatever he had in his mind he seemed like a complete nervous-wreck. The concerned expression on his face told me that he was carefully choosing his words. I didn't know what to expect but I was afraid of something. I was afraid of losing him. He had become such an amazing friend. He had been there for me since the first day he found out I was pregnant. Ever since that moment we had been like glue stuck to each other. I was afraid that he might have second thoughts about being a part of my child's life now. He wasn't her father after all and he didn't have any obligation towards her. It's not like I could expect him to throw away his entire single life to help straighten my life out. I didn't want his pity either but I didn't want to lose him as a friend. I didn't want the thought of not having him around anymore cross my mind but it did. However if it was his decision to leave then I wouldn't stop him. After all who was I to stop him from finding his true love and to be able to make a kid of his own one day. I couldn't possibly be selfish enough to take that away from him.

Jazmin- Okay I promise I'll listen.

"Jazmin...You became someone special to me since the first day I met you..I couldn't believe how down to earth you were..There I was looking at you head to toe thinking you were so gorgeous there was no way you had personality to match your looks but I was wrong. I have never met anyone like you and I don't think I ever will..Because strong beautiful amazing girls like you come once in a lifetime". He fiddled around some more with his keys while taking a deep breath and continuing to talk.

"I fell in love with you a long time ago and now I have fallen in love with your beautiful little creation..What I am trying to say is...I want..No..I need you both in my life..I can't picture a single day without either of you". He turned to look at me directly in the eyes as he stood up and got down on his knees beside me.

"Jazmin..Marry me. I'll be the Father that James won't be..I'll be your forever partner that James couldn't be. I will never let you or her down. If death were to come knock on our door I would sacrifice my life for you both with no doubt. In life I will devote myself to make your life and hers the most happiest. I will cherish you both until my last breath in this world". My eyes widened in shock as he softly kissed my hand and continued "So what do you say?..Do you accept me to be a part of not only your life but hers as well?".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
56K 3K 44
"You Bitch!" "I'm gonna kill you, I'm gonna kill you!" I started running towards her."Mason grabbed me by my waist and wrapped his arms around me...
1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...
6.8M 131K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...