HELP WANTED ¤ harrison osterf...

By -jeagerism

"You need my help. That's what it comes down to. I got you into this mess, and now...now it's my responsibili... More

0.1
0.2
0.3
0.35
0.4
0.6

0.5

198 12 3
By -jeagerism

Waking up the next morning, Y/N didn't expect to be in his arms.
But she was, one of his muscular arms thrown around her waist, his breaths hitting the base of her neck. She almost wanted to stay, to revel in the safety she felt while close to him.
But she couldn't.

She couldn't.

"Harrison", she whispered, eyes scanning his face. He looked peaceful when he was sleeping. The harsh lines usually present were smoothed out, and he no longer had his seemingly permanent scowl on his face. It was almost as if he became softer. Became a different person.

He groaned, and she poked the arm around her waist with a smile. "Harrison, I need to get up." He didn't reply, only cracked his eyes open, revealing the pretty blue color to her for a moment. She sighed. "You're impossib-" A squeal left her lips when he pulled her in, chest pressed tight up against his.

"What was that?", he breathed, a cheeky smile on his face. His lips ghosted over hers, their noses nearly skimming. He kept moving his eyes back and forth from her own, and her lips, waiting.

"I...I need to get up." She pushed on his chest, and he let her go.

He let her go.

She slid off of the bed, and cleared her throat. Y/N could feel him watching her, feel the tension in the room as she walked away.

Stay. I want to stay with you.

She kept walking.

¤¤¤

As she dried the water from her skin, and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She almost looked happy. After everything, she didn't think she would feel anything other than anger and sadness. Not until she was safe. But with him, she did feel safe.

Maybe he was the reason she could smile.

"Hey", Y/N called, brushing a wet piece of hair behind her ear. Harrison lifted his eyes from staring at his phone, and nodded. She glanced around, and grinned. "You cooked breakfast?"

He hummed, and tilted his head. "Pancakes." He pushed himself off of the counter, and stepped forwards. He let her sit down, and she watched as he did the same.

She thought of making small talk, but the silence surrounding them was comfortable. Each time she looked at him, he was looking back at her. Everything was so different.

But maybe different was good.
Something brushed against her hand, and she glanced down as he intertwined their fingers, and smiled.

Maybe his different wasn't so bad.

¤¤¤

Throughout the week, things between Y/N and Harrison kept changing.

The one time in his room turned into another, and another. Until she was staying in there every night. He'd hold his door open for her, and watch as she climbed into his bed, always on the left side.

She'd wake up sometimes in the middle of the night, and he'd be so close to her, their legs tangled together, his arms wrapped around her. It was comforting. It made her feel like maybe he wasn't as bad as he'd seemed.

Whenever they were next to each other, he was touching her, with a hand on her waist, or on her thigh, or simply holding hers. It was good. He was good.

Things were good, until they weren't.

She'd never snooped in any of his things, ever. It wasn't like she ever had a chance to, because he seemed to always be with her ever since the incident. She never thought she'd want to. Not until that phone call.

It was a day well spent, a day where she'd done nothing but stay in his arms, head against his chest so she could hear the steady beating of his heart.

Harrison sighed, and slowly lifted her off of him, standing up. "I'll be right back, okay? 'Gonna shower." He smiled at her, fingers tapping against her hand before he disappeared into the bathroom.

After only a few minutes of listening to the running water, another sound invaded the otherwise quiet room. Ringing. Y/N turned her head towards the noise, eyes snagging on the phone above her head, screen lit up.

She gnawed on her bottom lip, and took a breath, before grabbing it. An unknown number. She pressed accept. What if it was important?
"H-Hello?"

There was nothing for a moment, before someone spoke back, voice humorous. "You're not Harrison." It wasn't a voice she'd heard before, but she could tell the person on the other end was a woman, and she didn't sound too friendly.

"Let me guess, you're the infamous Y/N I've been hearing so much about." The unknown lady chuckled. "Interesting." The lady clicked her tongue. "Go ahead. Ask. I know you want to."

"Who...who are you?" She hated that her voice shook with every word.
"I'm a...friend. Yes, a very close friend of Harrison's. We know each other very well. My name is Sophie."

Y/N was so engaged in the conversation, she didn't hear the bathroom door open, nor Harrison calling her name.

"Y/N? What are you doing? Is that my phone?" His eyebrows were pinched together, and he was frowning again. "Who is it?" He must have read the conflicted expression on her face, because he grabbed the phone from her hand, and pressed it to his ear.

"Who is this?" She waited, and watched as his face began to turn into something blank, unreadable. Emotionless. "How did you find my number?" Harrison left the room, and she followed hurriedly. He looked out the peephole, and leant his forehead against the door.

"I can't fucking believe this. You've been...you've been the one all along." Harrison was quiet, and she felt her heart leap. "If you even fucking think about touching her..." He grunted, and when he turned back to her, his face was set in a cold way. He hung up the phone. "Let's go."

¤¤¤
Harrison had brought her back to his office, where he'd sent her to Zana, before locking himself in his office. She'd seen countless agents walk from the room with hardened expressions and frantic eyes, and it did nothing to lessen her worry.

"Who is Sophie?" It was a question she'd been dreading to ask, but she knew she needed to. She needed to know. Y/N's eyes followed the blonde girl as she came and sat beside her, a hand on her shoulder.

"She used to work here...Tom, Harrison, and I we're really close to her. But Harrison was always her favorite. They were attached at the hip, before..." Zana huffed, and shook her head. "I've said too much."

"Too much? Zana, what-" She was cut off by the door opening. She turned her head. "Tom?"

He nodded at her, giving her a smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "He wants to see you." Y/N stood, and stepped past him. She made her way to the giant office doors, hands shaking. Resting a hand on the doorknob, she took a deep breath, before she pushed it open.

He was sitting behind his desk, hair messed up. His head was down, and he was murmuring to himself?

"Haz?" He looked up, and she shivered at the look in his eyes. "You, uh, you wanted me?"

He nodded his head, and flicked a hand out to the chair in front of his desk. "Sit."

She did as he told her, hands fiddling with the hem of her shirt. After a few minutes of silence, she spoke. "What, um...who is Sophie, Haz?"

"No one." His tone was cold and stern, eyes just the same, bright blue tearing holes through her.

"It's obviously someo-"

"Dammit, Y/N, I said she's no one! Fucking hell, listen to me for once, yeah?!" His chest was heaving, hand clenched tight around the corner of his desk. "She's. No. One. Okay? Forget you ever heard that name."

She looked down, and nearly laughed. "You're keeping things from me." She licked her lips. "Thought that was something you wouldn't do." The tension in the room was thick, and she wanted to reach out and touch him, run her fingers through his hair and tell him it was okay. To trust her.

But she couldn't. He wasn't hers. She wasn't his. Just because things were different didn't mean anything.

"I told you I wouldn't keep anything from you regarding your situation-"

Y/N scoffed. "Then look me in the eye and tell me it has nothing to do with me. Tell me she has nothing to do with what has been fucking happening." She begged, said a prayer in her head, that he could do it. That he wasn't lying to her. He didn't even look at her.

"Exactly." She stood, walking towards the door. She walked away. And he let her.

¤¤¤

When did he become more than just Harrison? More than Agent Osterfield?

Maybe it was the first time he'd smiled at her. Or maybe it was when he'd hugged her like he needed to make sure she was there, like she was real. Or maybe, just maybe, it was every time she looked into his eyes.

It was pouring, but the rain hitting her skin was nothing compared to the way his gaze burned holes through her. He was behind her, letting her walk away.

He was letting her walk away.

"Fucking hell." His hand wrapped around her wrist, and pulled her back, trapping her between the brick wall of the apartment and him. "Can't just..." He let out a humorless chuckle, head falling back.

"Why do you keep doing this?" Her heart was hammering against her chest. He was killing her. "Why do you keep...pushing me away?" His eyes met hers again, and she gulped. "You won't just let me...be with you. Without you being such an asshole-"

He groaned. "You act like it's fucking easy for me! Act like it's so simple for me to do this to you. To hurt you and have to walk away." Harrison shook his head, and wet his lips. "But you don't want me."

She scoffed. "Who are you to tell me what I want?" Her eyes held a fire in them, something he'd helped to fuel, and was now trying to put out. "Because Harrison, I want you. All of you."

With a growl, he was kissing her. Hot and needy, teeth clashing messily. Her hands found their way into his hair, fingers twisting around the wet curls and tugging. Harrison's lips disconnected from hers, and began peppering kisses down her jaw, sucking and nipping at the skin. "'This what you wanted?"

A moan escaped her parted lips, puffy and bruised from him. His knee slotted itself between her thighs, and she sucked in a breath, head leaned back against the wall, the rain doing nothing to lessen the heat of her skin. "Haz", she gasped.

"Wanted me to kiss you like this?" He pulled back fully. "Hmm?" She closed her eyes, and enjoyed the feeling of him being so close to her, of his hands sliding over her skin. Before he was gone. The heat radiating from him disappeared, and she opened her eyes, watching him walk away from her.

He walked away from her.

And she let him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 269 17
☆ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞. 𝐍𝐨𝐰, 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐱 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧...
7.8K 64 21
When vacation plans go awry, Tom, Harrison and Jacob find themselves in a remote location. Instead of getting back on the flight to paradise, they de...
258K 4.4K 39
You are Harrison Osterfield's sister who has been living in America for the past couple of years, it has been getting very rough over there and after...
24.3K 442 17
❝ Haven't changed have you Holland. Neither have you y/l. ❞ ⛅️ :: TomHolland x reader