Kingdom Hearts: Mirrored Hear...

By Midnight_Lily

Ayame, on a night her home, radiant garden was being swarmed by heartless not only was she saved by the one... More

An Innocent Heart
Light Within an Emerged Darkness
A New Found Heart
Oblivion of the Heart
Different Hearts
The Strength With Darkness
One and The Same
A Raptured Wing
A Clear Mind
A Crimson Sunset
A Complex Mind With A Dark Heart
A Deal With A Witch
The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King
The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King ~ Part 2 ~
The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King ~ Part 3 ~
The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King ~ Part 4 ~ -Finale-
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of the Underworld (Interlude)
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of The Underworld
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of The Underworld ~ Part 2 ~
A Gift from the Gods and The Depth of The Underworld ~ Part 3 ~
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of The Underworld ~ Part 4 ~
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of The Underworld ~Part 5~ -Finale-
The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 1~
The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 2~
The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 3~
The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 4~ -finale-
The Black Heart of a Queen, Tied to The Black Roses ~Part 1~
The Black Heart of a Queen, Tied to The Black Roses ~Part 2~
The Black Heart of a Queen, Tied to The Black Roses ~Part 3~
The Black Heart of a Queen, Tied to The Black Roses ~Part 4~ -Finale-
Mere Child's Play (Interlude)
Mere Child's Play ~Part 1~
Mere Child's Play ~Part 2~
Mere Child's Play ~Part 3 ~ -Finale-
The Purest Beauty of a Forgotten Beast -Part 1-
The Purest Beauty of a Forgotten Beast -Part 2-
The Purest Beauty of a Forgotten Beast ~Part 3 ~-Finale-
The Truth that ~Lies~ in Oblivion
The Diamond in the Rough
All the Colors of the Heart
The Path I Am Proclaimed ~Epilogue~

Five Keys with One Heart

292 10 6
By Midnight_Lily

        I had finally reached my home, Hallow Bastion, which not only seemed deserted but also run by Heartless. I could Ansem's castle in the distance and I wanted to hurry and get there. So I ran as fast as I could but I wanted to get there faster. I didn't have the time or patience to deal with these heartless. My keyblade must have responded to my request, it started to glow brightly and light appeared beneath my feet as I ran. And soon the light under my feet formed some sort of hover board, and flew me across the float at a much better speed. It flew me over the castle gates toward the side of the wall. I then flew up the side of it at a vertical angel and one I got high enough in the air, it vanished, giving me enough time to prepare and stick a good landing on the roof. 

            I walked over the roof , looking into room to see if I could find any trace of Sora, Riku, Mickey or anyone. Until I heard Mickey's voice, giving instructions.  Through the window I could see Sora, Riku, Mickey, and someone I didn't know. I quietly opened the window and slipped in and crouched on to one of the rafters above. And I thought I'd make an entrance. 

            "Got it!" Mickey finished. 

            I prepared my rubber bands like I had before in Castle Oblivion. Sora stood there, saluting. 

            "Sure your highness. I'll teach Jake-" And then I fired. "Ow!!" 

            His hand went to the back of his neck, rubbing it, feeling the sharp sting. Then I fired at the kid I didn't know and then Riku. I made sure that it would hit Riku extra hard, and he winced. Like a chain reaction the two had put their hands to the back of their necks, rubbing it. 

            Riku growled and turned his head all around, "Ayame! Where are you?!" 

            I couldn't help but giggle at his reaction and my amusement. And I decided to make myself known.  "You guys are such easy targets." 

            They all looked up at me and saw me in the rafters. I jumped down, and landed softly by Riku's side. Riku looked at me in aggravation, and smiled and stuck my tougue out at him. He growled, but had a small smile curving on his lips. Even though now we knew who the other was, we would always have a history. A connection. And then my eyes fell on the guy, who was obviously observing me. When my eyes made contact with his, he flinched. In my mind I was smiling, he could be fun to pick on. I kept my face serious. 

            "Who the hecks the new guy?" I asked 

            He cleared his throat before he answered, "My name's Jake," he extended his hand for me to shake it. "And you are?"           

            I just stared at his hand and didn't take it. He put his hand feeling awkward. Who was this kid? A handshake? He could be setting himself up for all he knew. I snorted and chuckled, "I'm Ayame. And as for a proper welcome..." 

            I lunged forward swinging my blade as I swung it but he stepped back in time to avoid it. He looked at my keyblade and seemed surprised. I crouched low and leveled my blade. 

            "Say hello to Two Across," I said. 

            He stood there confused. trying to figured out whether I was serious or not and what he should do. He seemed hesitant so he looked toward the others for guidance. Riku just watched, not intervening, like I assumed he would. He knew I was just toying with him 

            "Whatcha waiting for?" I pushed and stood to my feet. "I know your a keyblade wielder, so draw your keyblade." 

            Sora gave him the green light. "Go ahead, this'll be good practice for you." 

            I could see he was still hesitant, but he went a head and summoned his blade anyway and he readied himself. My eyes widen, I had never seen a blade with such a design, my keyblade told me its name, Oathkeeper.  It was like I knew its purpose and its reason for choosing him. 

            "Oathkeeper.... He has Oathkeeper?" 

            He shrugged it off. He must hear that a lot. Which I totally get. But I was focused on the task at hand. I charged towards him, ready to strike, but he blocked in time. I pushed down on him, trying to make him lose his footing, but he stood his ground. Then  seeing as it would go nowhere, I jumped back and rushed him again, but he kept blocking me. 

            "Well you have a good solid defense, " I praised him and continued to strike. "But you can't block forever." 

            I kept going, I kept attacking. Kept pushing back while we were in a stand still. He would only be able to hold me off so long and I knew he couldn't find any openings. But somehow I lost my footing and gave an opening and tried to cover it quickly, but he pushed my arms up and hit me in my side. I was surprised for a second and continued again. 

            "Nice move," I said. " But bet you weren't expecting this." 

            I then spun as I kneeled and hit him in side, making him stumbled and then swung my free arm, where I quickly summoned Lost Memory and gave him another string of consecutive strikes. He was now on the ground feeling the pain wash over him. But when he opened his eyes he saw Two Across right in his face and then glanced over at Lost Memory. 

            "Two?!" Jake said in disbelief. 

            I smiled and put  my blades away. I figured that he had had enough and decided to offer him a hand, to help him up. He then put his blade away and shook himself off. 

            "Why did you have two?" he asked. 

            "I'm one of the lucky few who can dual wield," I told him. "Sora's another lucky chump who can too." 

            "Hey!" Sora said offended. I stuck my tongue out at him. He was so sensitive. 

            Jake laughed, "Hey, can you teach me how to dual wield?" 

            Sora scratched his head looking unsure, and looked at Mickey before saying anything, "It's all up to you. If your heart's strong enough, I believe you can do it." 

            I rolled my eyes. Such a Sora response.  But Jake smiled appreciating what he said. 

            "Well it's getting late and you got a long day ahead of you tomorrow," Mickey said. "How about you guys go ahead and turn in for the night?" 

            We all nodded and headed off, and were about to our own ways.  Even though Jake looked kinda lost and Sora threw an it'll-be-fine arm over his shoulders. But Riku grabbed my attention by taking a hold of my forearms. 

            "Let me talk to you," he whispered only for me to hear and pulled  me away from the other two and out the room we were in and to somewhere else. 

             Since I didn't really know where I was going, Riku was leading the way. He led us out some glass doors onto a balcony. He stopped and leaned over resting his body on the stone rail. I did the same. The sky was lit with so many stars but below was a pit of doom. An abyss of heartless. It was quiet for a moment until he decided to speak. 

            "Ayame..." he said slowly. "I'm sorry that I never told you who I was..." 

            "No....I understand why...it was a logical reason." 

            "But I still get why you were upset....in your eyes I had betrayed your trust by not telling you...." 

            "Well....thanks...." Then he moved closer to me, closer than he'd ever been. looking at with an expression I feel I could have seen before but of course never did.  He took hold of my chin with index finger and thumb and looked deeply in my green eyes with his blue. 

            "I should have done this a long time ago....I've wanted to too...."           

            Then he leaned forward and kissed me softly. His lips melting with mine. If I had known a kiss could have felt like this I would have tried to kiss him a long time ago.  He had moved his hands to my shoulders and then to the top of my waist to pull me closer.  I had my arms wrapped around his shoulders as I let myself become absorbed in his lips and this kiss. And the feeling of his arms around me. He then pulled away as he and I both opened our eyes to look at each other. 

            "I love you..Ayame.." he said softly. 

            I blinked a couple times slowly, and smiled and then the kiss and the feeling entered my mind and I actually started to giggle, quite a bit. 

            "Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded. "Are you laughing?....It's funny? Was it bad or something?" 

            And because of his responses I was now laughing at him instead of being giddy. 

            He growled. "Ugh. You are so insensitive." 

            "No I wasn't laughing at you...but hearing all your questions made me laugh. Awww! Does Riku have a sensitive side?" I teased. 

            "I do not...and don't you tell anyone...Sora would never let me hear the end of it." 

            My laughing had finally calmed and I smiled, "Of course not. What happens between us is between us. Like always.....And I love you..." 

            His grumpy face went to a smiling one as he looked at me. He then took hold of my hand and kissed me on the cheek. I giggled again. Keeping hold of my hand, he took me from the balcony and showed me to the room I'd be sleeping in. It was a lot better and bigger than the one in Castle Oblivion. 

            "Goodnight, Ayame..." Riku said as he pushed back a loose strand of my hair. 

            "Goodnight, Riku," I smiled. 

            "If you need anything, I'm right next door," he smiled. 

            "Ok, thank you," he then softly shut door behind him. 

            I know felt that this is where I belonged for now. I was happy instead of being someone's pack mule. Here, I'd be treated as a knight instead of a pawn. Here I would be special because of  me and my talents, not a special use. I also could see how Riku would be, yeah in general he would as tough as nails, but with me he'd let his guard down and open up. Which felt nice.           

            With others he'd be himself but guarded, but with me he would be himself and who he wanted to be with me. Which I guess is how it should be. Yourself with others, your guarded and cautious. But then there's that one person you can trust and be all of yourself with. And no matter what they look at you no different. That's how it's always been and that's how it'll always be. To feel loved, strong, safe and even vulnerable in the arms you feel the safest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 143 12
This book #2 of my Maya's Kingdom Hearts fanfic starting with my original character Maya. Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy Cricket walk down a windi...
3.2K 83 12
(Book 6) After learning of Master Xehanort's impending return, King Mickey, Master Yen Sid and Hikari puts Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery...
14.6K 121 35
Hana (Japanese pronunciation not Hanna) has always been friends with Lea and Isa. Unlike them, she'd rather spend her time tending to the flowers in...
6.6K 206 47
Ranked #31 for keyblade 08/02/2018 Ranked #3 for keyblades 11/2019 Ranked #68 for hearts 05/05/2020 The worlds are in trouble once more when Sora, Ri...