Tainted Souls {Damon Salvator...

By hogwartsmylife

Lyanna Gilbert, cousin of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert, moves in with Aunt Jenna along with Elena and Jermey. Sta... More

Cast+Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22- Finale
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31- Finale
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42-Finale

Chapter 16

4K 81 32
By hogwartsmylife

16| There Goes The Neighborhood

I woke up, feeling a bit warm and gasped. I saw a familiar blue eyes and black hair, dabbing a wet towel on my forehead.

"Da-Damon?" He looks at me and I sit up in my bed.

"Do you need anything? Water? Maybe some food?" I looked at him with a questionable look. Why is he doing this?

"Where's Stefan? Or Elena?" I looked over at my clock and saw 12:30PM, crap I have school! Aunt Jenna is gonna kill me.

"They're at school. Your Aunt have called the school and told them you weren't feeling well. Elena is going to bring your work. How do you feel?"

"Umm a little dizzy....is Jermey at school as well?" Damon nods his head and I sight. I really wished it hasn't come to this,"Can you make me a sandwich please? If you even know how..." Damon stands up and kisses me on the forehead.

"What of sandwich would you like? Turkey? Chicken?" I smile a little and shrug my shoulder.

"Turkey sounds fine, with pineapple juice please." Damon nods his head and I hear his footsteps on the stairs. I grabbed my phone and texted Elena.

E: Your going to Damon's house for protection. Stefan thinks someone wants us dead so, I packed a bag for you last night and after you eat your leaving. I'll come by soon. Me and Stefan have a double date with Caroline and Matt, it's a possibility I'll be by later at the night. Love, Elena ♥️.

I sigh and place my phone down. Damon was in front of me and I was a bit startled. He hands me the tray and places it on my legs. I picked up the sandwich and slowly started to eat it. Damon sat next to me on my bed, even though he's clearly not invited on it.

"Okay, princess, Elena must've told you that your coming and staying with me and Stefan at our house." I glared at him when he called me princess,"Ok, why are you glaring at me like that?"

"I don't like the nickname princess. I allowed you to call me Lyla, but not princess. I'm no ones princess."

"Well I still like calling you princess," He taunts and I sigh rolling my eyes,"Anyways, I have to go to the house and then I have business in town. No you can't come because your under house arrest, Elena's orders." The hell? House arrest?

"Are you joking or are you trying to make me stay in the house?" Damon shrugs and removes the tray from my lap and I groan,"I wasn't done with that!" Damon looks at me before leaving my room.

"But I was. So butt downstairs in five minutes young lady." I groan and just laid back down on my bed. This is gonna be hell.
——————-

Me and Damon arrive at the house. I see Pearl and Anna. Damon places my bag down on the floor and I stood behind him.

"Hello Damon." Miss. Pearl says.

"Ever hear of knocking?" Damon seeming slightly irritated.

"An invitation wasn't necessary. I'm surprised that no living person resides here. Is it just you and your brother?" Damon looks down at me and Pearl smiles a little,"Of course Elena's twin cousin. Anna said she captured them and the witch, which I sincerely apologize for."

"Yeah. How do you keep out unwelcome vampires?" Anna asks and Damon glare at her.

"I kill them." Damon runs towards Pearl and tries to strangle her. Pearl twists his wrist and pushes him to the floor. Oh my god. She's strong for a woman.

"Have a seat, Damon. I was hoping we could have a word."

"Sure." Damon gives in and I sigh. Pearl smiles at me and extends her hand.

"Come my dear. Don't be afraid darling, I don't bite like my daughter does." I helped Damon up and onto the couch. I sat next to him and distance ourselves. Pearl sits across from us with Anna.

"We've taken up residence at a farmhouse just outside the town. It'll suffice for now."

"All 25 vampires?" 25 vampires? Is Damon and Stefan insane to open the tomb with that many vampires?!

"Not all, some. I imagine that a few have already left town. Others are probably still in the woods or like us acclimating." Damon looks at Pearl and Anna.

"How did they get out of the tomb?"

"I think the witch screwed up that part of her hocus pocus."

"I understand from Anna that the founding families still have a secret council?"

"And you're a part of it."

"That's ridiculous."

"I've been in Mystic Falls since the comet, Damon. I'm up to speed." Little bitch....hated her from the moment she kidnapped me and Elena. I'm not forgiving her ass at all.

"And so am I. And now that you've infiltrated the council, I'll need to know everything they know. Starting with a listing names of all the council members and their families." What? She wants Damon to spy on the council?

"And everyone you've supplied with vervain."

"Yes, that will have to stop immediately."

"What exactly are you trying to achieve?"

"Mystic Falls is our home, Damon. They took that from us. Our land, our home. It's time we rebuild."

"What, are you crazy? It was 1864. Wake up woman. The world has moved on."

"As a reward for your help I'm willing to give you what you want most."

"I want nothing."

"Katherine." Damon looks at Pearl and I look down on the floor. He would want Katherine back after what she did to him? Oh my god......he's completely whipped to her. Idiot.

"You wouldn't even know where she was. You've been under the ground for the last century and a half."

"Katherine and I were best friends long before we came to Mystic Falls, Damon. I know how she thinks, I know her patterns, I know where to find her."

"I no longer have any desire to see Katherine ever again. And there's no way in hell I'm gonna play the role of your little minion." Damon seethes and I get scared as Pearl gets up and pushes Damon on the couch.

"I'm not asking for your help, Damon. Finding Katherine was just a mere gesture of kindness. The rest is non-negotiable." She puts her fingers in Damon's eyes and pushes him on the floor. I go down on the floor near Damon.

"I have four hundred years on you, little boy. I'll rip you from limb to limb without even blinking and you know it. I'll be in touch."

Pearl and Anna leave the house. I gasp and look at Damon. He stands up and helps me even though I have not been hurt. I walk around the house as Damon grabs my bag that was near the door and takes it upstairs. I walked up and into the library, what? It looks like a library besides I don't know what else to call it.

Brushing my fingers along the book covers and sigh. I picked out a book and smiled at the title, Romeo & Juliet. Taking the book I found a small beanbag chair and sat in it, opening the book and start to read it in awe.

"Okay, your sleeping in my room for protection. I'll just sleep in the bed next to you and everything will be fine." Damon comes in and stands near the stairs, I got up and returned the book where it is.

"I don't want you to sleep next to me." I heard Damon vampspeed over to me and my eyes still remains on the book shelves.

"My house, my rules, princess." I roll my eyes and move past him.

"Elena and Stefan have a double date tonight, they'll be stopping by later so don't need to worry. Don't you have some plans in town? That's what you told me." Damon grins and grabs his jacket.

"Yes I do. Food in the kitchen, phone just in case for speed dial, and money in case you want to have take out." I cross my arms and glare at him.

"And where are the movies? DVD's?" Damon points to a cabin where a lot of DVD's are stored.

"Help yourself. Make yourself at home. Whatever it is that hosts would normally say to the guest. I'll be back in two or three hours. In the mean time, stay out of trouble." I nod my head, getting the point.

"Sure thing, Mr. Willpower. Ass."

I walked over to the DVD cabin and started to look for a movie. Damon and Stefan really need to step up on the DVD's, most of them are too cliché and other half are horror. That was until in the corner I saw the words, Grease, and that brought a smile to my face. I took out the DVD and placed it in the player. I walked to the kitchen and took out the fresh bag of popcorn and poured it in a bowl. Hearing the credits rolling I scurried my feet to the living room and jumped on the couch.

"Game on bitch."
———————
After a while, or should I say after two hours I became bored. Just got off the phone with Elena, I walked to Damon's room and looked through the bag and put on a shirt and skinny jeans. I couldn't find my jacket so I quickly walked into Damon's closet and pulled out one black leather jacket. Obviously it was big on me but he isn't going to notice will he? Nah, I don't think he'll mind, considering we're sharing a room.

Running downstairs, I saw Elena and Stefan, but Matt and Caroline walking behind them. Nevertheless, I hugged the couple and hugged Stefan and Elena.

"Thank God you guys are here! I've been on house arrest all day." Elena looks at me questionably and back at Stefan.

"Wait...did you say house arrest? Who said that your on house arrest?" Elena questions and I raised one of my eyebrows in confusion.

"You told Damon to tell me that I'm on house arrest unless...." Elena looked clearly irritated by the fact that Damon lied. He freakin' lied to me! Oh, when I see him I'm gonna beat him to the pulp!

"No, you were never on house arrest. Anyways, uh we're on a double date and thought it'd be cool to show Matt and Caroline Stefan's home." I smile and shrug my shoulders.

"Yeah. That's cool with me. I'll just be the fifth wheel here. Don't mind. No boyfriend, no problem."

"Actually it is a problem Lyanna, no boyfriend means no dick." I gasped and chased Matt around the living room.

"I don't need no dick!" I hit him with a pillow and I saw Stefan laughing with Elena and Caroline. Matt walks back to Caroline and wraps her around his arms. Eew, thank god I'm not dating. I feel like I'm going to vomit anytime soon.

"This is much better than watching Damon visit cougar town," Caroline says and turns to Matt,"No offence."

"Don't remind me," May turns to Stefan and looks around the house,"Man I've always wanted to see what it looks like in this place."

"Yeah, I guess it's a bit much."

"Yeah, my entire house could fit in here, like twice."

"Feel like I've been here before. It's weird." Elena and I start getting uncomfortable and Elena changes the subject. That's cuz you have been, with Damon. Not that I'm holding any grudges or anything. He probably compelled her to forget it.

"Do you guys want to watch a movie or something?" What are you? An ordinary teenage cliché girl? Oh wait, check. You are indeed. Your dating a vampire for God's sake! Not that I have a problem or anything with it....

"Whoa; these are great!" He walks towards Stefan's miniature cars collection and picks up a small red car. It looked cute.

"This is uh...a little hobby of mine."

"I did the entire Mustang series when I was 9." Impressive.

"You like cars?" Elena looked like she wanted to hold me back but she knew it was for me to explode of happiness.

"OH MY GOD!!!! WHO DOESN'T?!" Everyone places their hands on their ears and I giggle,"Opps. Heh. Don't mean to be so loud but I love cars." Elena gives me a hug and Caroline smiles in understanding.

"It's an understatement." Stefan smiles and turns to the front of the door.

"Come with me."

Me and Matt look at each other as Stefan walks out of the door. I squeal and hop while walking, yes when I'm too exited I hop while walking, it's a thing.

Elena and Caroline follow us to the Garage and Stefan opens the garage door. Inside was some tools and stuff but more importantly a car that's covered. Hmm I wonder what could it be. It's small and looks cute.

"Prepare yourself, my friends." Stefan says to me and Matt. Stefan removes a tarp from a car and my mouth literally fell from its place. I walked closer to the car and looked at it in awe.

"Is this a Porsche 1964 convertible? How the heck...?"Matt was in complete utter shock like me. Welcome to the world of cars my friend.

"Wait, how do you have this?" Matt asked and Stefan shrugs.

"Got passed down through the family." Stefan opens the car's door. I looked inside and it smelled freshly new. Okay, this is getting really weird but I have three loves in this world, food, books, and cars.

"Why don't you...I mean...Why don't you drive it?"

"Well, it doesn't run. I mean, it's not that I could figure out."

"Why would you keep a car that doesn't run?"
Caroline asks. Uhhh......does she even know anything about cars and experts? And does she know we live in 2009 and that her boyfriend happens to be a great car fixer? He could become a mechanic.

"Be more of a girl right now? No offense Lyanna." Caroline laugh and I smile at Matt, letting him know it's okay. I sit in the drivers seat and make a funny duck face, causing Elena and Caroline to laugh.

"Hey, want to come take a look at this for me?" Stefan asks Matt and Matt signals me out of the car and I pout, giving my puppy eyes. Matt keeps on signaling me to get out and I step out of the car. I stood between Elena and Caroline.

"Elena, remember the old Camaro you're dad used to have?"

"Of course." Elena smiles and I do to. I used to see Matt fix the engine during the summer sometimes
and he would let me either help or observe.

"I built and rebuilt that engine 20 times, couldn't have done it without Lyanna's help of course." I blush a little bit and nod my head.

"It's true. In fact Matt taught me how to fix and repair the engines of any car. It took me six summers to get it right but I got it."

"Wow. That's really impressive."

"I don't like sports cars; they're too hard to make out in." Caroline states.

"It wasn't that bad."

Elena and Matt look at each other, uncomfortable. I'm sensing the awkwardness between these four right now, oh crap. Caroline is upset as well. The thing now, oh god now I've gotta act like a girl as well. Well crappy me do. Caroline leaves the garage upset. Elena and I go after her. We find Caroline alone, clearly upset. Elena made the first move and I stood by.

"Caroline..."

"I don't want to talk about it." Elena and I walked closer to her.

"You're being ridiculous." Crap, the worst thing to tell a girl is that she's being ridiculous, especially when she's dating your ex and happens to be your best friend.

"And insecure and stupid. But that doesn't change the fact that Matt's always gonna be in love with you and I'm always gonna be the back up."

"You're not the back up Caroline." I tell her, trying to convince her she's not a back up.

"Yes I'm-I'm Matt's Elena back up; I'm your Bonnie back up."

"Now it's about me and Bonnie?" Bonnie left to live with her aunt after her Grandma died from doing the spell.

"You don't get it. Why would you? You're everyone's first choice." Caroline tells Elena. It's true, Elena's everyone's first choice and the rest of us are like seconds or something.

They look at each other. Stefan and Matt pull up in the Porsche. They get out of the car. I looked at Stefan awkwardly and clinched on Damon's jacket since it's a bit windy out here. Elena and Caroline tried to make it look like they weren't in an argument as Matt and Stefan approached us.

"Piece of cake!" Matt looks at Caroline and could feel something was wrong. Stefan took the opportunity to distract us all with this drama. Thank you Stefan.

"You know what? Why don't you guys go ahead and take it for a spin?" Stefan refers to Caroline and Matt.

"Really?"

"Yeah." Stefan hands Matt the car keys.

"Caroline?" Matt and Caroline get into the car. Stefan and Elena watch them go. Stefan embraces Elena.

"You alright?"

"If it's not vampires, its girlfriends." They embrace each other and then look at me.

"Aren't you getting disgusted by watching us? And how come your wearing Damon's jacket?" I smiled sweetly as I could.

"Because it's such a beautiful thing to see that I'm going to vomit sooner or later. And because a certain cousin, forgot to pack me a jacket, it was all I could find at a short notice when you guys were coming."

"Your a weird one but than can be good at times." Stefan says and extends his arm, I hug Stefan, crashing Elena's ribs a bit as I heard her let out a small 'ow'.

"Sorry Elena."

Elena just smiles at me and then I walk to the door of the house, looking up at the sky after hugging them.

Matt and Caroline walked to the door and I grin, looking at them both and following them but soon I wished I kind of haven't. Kelly and Damon. Who knew? Matt is shocked like entirely and Caroline apparently wished she didn't see this at all. Elena and Stefan came back inside and apparently they saw what we did as well.

"Mom?!" Matt exclaimed, looking at his Mother on top of Damon and I looked curiously at Damon.

"Damon?!" Me and Caroline both furiously yell at him.

"Oh my god, Matt! Oh my god." Kelly takes her things and leaves. Elena and Stefan arrive, in absolute horror. My angry eyes couldn't tear away from Damon, as he looks at me with no emotion. He's drunk. The idiot left me alone in the house so he can get drunk!

"I got to..." Matt rambles and Caroline nods her head, understandably.

"It's fine, just go."

"I'll take her home." Elena says to Matt, about his Mom.

"Thanks, man."

Matt refers to Stefan and the car. Matt gives the keys to Stefan and leaves. Me, Caroline, Elena, and Stefan look at Damon as he drinks his bourbon or whatever it was he was having.

I was babysitting apparently drunk Damon, or he's halfway drunk now. I took off his jacket and placed it on his bed and walked back downstairs but sit on the stairs to hear Stefan talking to Damon.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Are you crazy?"

"Save the lecture. Look..."

Before Damon could say anything a vampire jumps through the window, jumps on Stefan and stabs him with a piece of glass. Damon pushes him off Stefan and starts to fight with Frederick. Stefan removes the piece of glass. Bethanne arrives and begins to fight with Stefan. She pushes him to the floor, he takes the leg off a wooden chair and stabs her in the heart. Damon sends Frederick across the living room. Frederick looks at Damon and Stefan and then looks at Bethanne, who is dead. He leaves.

"Damn it," Stefan looks at Damon, but Damon remembers Lyanna and sprints out of the living room, trying to look for me,"Lyanna?! Lyanna?! Lyla?!" I heard Damon's voice and slowly got up and shaking with fear, I start to run but only to bump into a chest and I scream,"Lyla stop screaming it's me, Damon." He pulls me closer to him, not making any room between our bodies and I stopped screaming. Stefan came over and looked at Damon.

"I remember them from 1864. They were in the tomb."

"Yeah...about that." The brothers look at each other. Seemed like Damon had lot to explain.

After Damon made me dinner I was tired extremely and I didn't want to move at all. Besides three flights of stairs isn't my idea of a exercise. Damon notice this and sight, bending down.

"Come on, up you go," I wrapped my arms around Damon and my legs on his torso,"Now I want you to close your eyes and hang on tight. Can't be responsible just yet for your damages." I smile and nod my head, closing my eyes and holding on as tight as I can.

Suddenly a whoosh could be heard and I reopen my eyes, seeing myself on the bed already. Damon comes out of his closet shirtless and has his sweatpants on.

"Did you use your vampspeed to get us up here?" Damon grins and nods his head.

"Yes. And if I were you I'd change now before I hog the bathroom." I quickly grab my bag and rushed to the bathroom, making sure I locked the door. I looked throughout my bag and see that Elena packed me shorts and a decent t-shirt that's halfway to the elbow long. I smile and changed, letting my hair fall to my back. I grab my clothes and fold them, placing them back in the bag. I came out and placed the bag near the corner of the room. Damon was already in the bed and it was dark, darker when the curtains were completely blocking the view and everything from outside.

I noticed Damon's daylight ring is on his nightstand and sigh, walking over to the other side of the bed. I sit in there and for some reason, for one night, I couldn't sleep.

Damon was hiding something from me and if I had to beat him to the point for him to tell me then so be it because I'm done with all this wise ass game and Damon telling me things, such as I was on House Arrest. I mean why would he even tell me that the first place? That's of course unless he's hiding something from me.

"Come closer and cuddle with me." I heard a groggily voice mutters. I looked down at Damon and frowning a little bit, opposed to the point where I'm confused, maybe he's just dreaming,"Come on princess, I won't tell you twice." He's not dreaming. He called me princess meaning he's serious as reality.

I slip further more into the bed and gently made my way over to Damon's side. One of his arm was extended out and I rest my head blow his arm and he wraps his arms around me as I cuddle further. I don't know why I did this with him, but I just wanted to be a good friend and he's heartbroken. That's all there is to is, isn't there?
***************
HELLOO!!!!

Yeah, that's all I gotta say for y'all. Got no words and I've done it once again 😂😂. So it seems that Lyanna and Damon are getting a bit comfortable with each other. BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN SHE WONT BE KICKING HIS ASS ANYTIME NEAR THE FUTURE, BECAUSE SHE WILL!

Honestly I felt like this chapter was weighting around Lyanna and how she is around people and her family and friends. As seeing that Damon is always in and out, and Lyanna keeps fainting and rarely seeing Jermey most of the time. But it's nice to see her interact with Stefan, Elena, Matt, Caroline, Bonnie (even tho she's not here yet), and am I forgetting someone? Oh yeah! Damon 😂.

But hang in there dearies because Lyanna's parentage truth revels will be soon enough. Maybe a chapter or three soon enough. Trust me, y'all will be shook on who's her true birth parents my little vamps.

Comment, Rate, & Vote! ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 5.6K 88
This story is about a girl named Venice McLean who lives in a small town named Mystic Falls with her family. Though she preferred shutting herself of...
1.3M 54.6K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
58.6K 1.6K 33
Asher Montgomery is the daughter of two legacies. Lilith Penrose, her mother, could conjure up the most powerful runes with her skillful calligraphy...
1M 62K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...