The Trading Game

By kylekay

Alix Greco Shipping Heir. Samatha Rivers his assistant. Cute love story, its going to be comical (if you ge... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30

Ch. 18

24.2K 862 68
By kylekay

I'm still answering emails and going through Alix's schedule for the next couple of weeks, when from the corner of my eye I see him stand up. I glance at the clock, its nearing 7 o'clock. He turns off his computer and picks up his suit jacket, shrugging it on.

"Its a little early isn't it?" I ask, curiously. I know he said he only needed an hour, but he's said that before.

    He looks at me, obviously reading my tone. Our eyes lock and it becomes a staring contest. Until he walks over to me and gestures to the door. I roll my eyes and shut off my computer, leaving the rest of the work for tomorrow. I grab my purse and we walk to through the office and to our waiting car.

I smile when I see Lou. "Early night. What will you do with yourself?" I ask, teasingly.

He smirks back, "Netflix and chill, as you young people say."

I laugh and hold out my hand for a high five, "Get it, Lou. Say hello to Shaylene for me." I reply, sliding into the car.

"What do we have on the books for the next three days?" Alix questions, as soon as the car starts to move.

I look it up on my phone, "You have a meeting with Debra Dillinger another counsel member looking to endorse the expansion."

"When is that?" He questions, plotting something in his head.

"Tomorrow at 2."

"And after that?"

"You're free, no meetings. Just the usual headaches." I tell him, putting my phone back in my purse.

"We'll leave for the New York Port after the meeting. Be sure to have the secretary come in all week even when we're not here. I don't want to play catch up when we get back."

"Her name is, Lindsay." I remind him. "She knows what she's doing. I'm impressed so far." I say, honestly.

Alix turns towards me, "Colton asked me if I only hired pretty women to work for me."

I scoff. "You hired him. So, obviously that's not true." I point out.

"He asked about you, specifically." He states, something in his tone has me on edge.

I glance up at him. "And?"

He looks down at me, "And I didn't like it."

I pause, thinking about his response. "Tell me you didn't fire him."

"I didn't fire him." He replies.

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Then what was the point of telling me?" I ask, as the car stops. He climbs out and I do the same, waving at Lou as he drives away. I mean if he was replacing Neville I would need to know, but why just inform me that the man was interested in me?

"Are you going to answer my question?" I ask, as we near the elevators.

"I got angry." He replies, perplexed.

I laugh. "So?"

"I've never been angry about something like this. He asked me about you and I wanted to kill him." He states, waiting for me to step into the elevator. I finally move and he joins me, hitting the button to take us to the top floor.

"You got jealous." I state, not understanding his confused state.

He nods, as if he's finally understanding. "I got jealous."

I try not to laugh, but his forlorn look is just too pathetic. "Oh, stop. It happens to everyone."

"To you?" He asks, interested.

"Of course! I'm only human." I reply, reassuringly.

"It happened with Ben Albertson and Braxton, too."

Surprised, that he would feel anyway jealous or threatened by them I say, "Look, its not a big deal. You've never formed a...a..." I struggle to come up with the word I'm trying to find. "Friendship with anyone before. However, we have an understanding, if you want to call it that and I won't be looking for some side action if that's what you're thinking."

"Its not that." He replies, as the doors open.

I shrug, amused by his behavior. "I'm sure the feeling went away as quickly as it came. Colton Neville is still alive, so all is well." I tease, but his serious look wipes the smile off of my face.

"I told him if he so much as looked at you I would destroy him." He states, causing my mouth to open in shock.

I drop my hands and drag my purse to the hotel door, defeated. "You said that?" I whine. "You know its starting to get embarrassing. Once one person knows its spreads to everyone in the company." I complain.

He puts the keycard in the slot and holds it there. Staring at the door blankly. I watch him, curiously. He turns to me slowly, "Embarrassing?"

"Yes." I say, thinking about my response and standing behind my statement. "It's the same argument, I've said it before." I state, unsure of his reaction.

"No, before you didn't want anyone to know I was paying you to sleep with me. Which, I can and do understand. However, being linked to me romantically shouldn't elicit the feeling of, embarrassment."

"I work for you. You know what they'll say, right?" I ask, tiredly.

"Not really." He replies, uninterested. He opens the door and holds it for me. I walk through and toss my purse on the table.

I turn to him and cross my arms. "They're going to say, I'm trying to move up the corporate latter, crotch first. It never ends well, sleeping with the boss it always a lose-lose for the people involved...especially for the woman."

    I should know, I've seen a lot of it at my last job as a paralegal. Lots of flirting between boss and employee, I never got caught up in it and I never wanted to. However, the girls that did play the game received longer breaks and the best cases to work on.

"Does it matter what they say?" He questions.

"Yes, it creates a strained work environment. My coworkers will treat me differently. Out off all the things to say to him, you said that? You could've just mentioned that I am with someone. No, threats just a simple reply."

"I told you. I was angry."

"Jealous." I correct.

He shrugs. "I'm sure our relationship is a rumor already." He replies, simply. Taking off his suit jacket and hanging it up near the door, next to the dry cleaning that needs to be picked up. I mentally make a note to contact the front office to have it done.

"Oh, great idea! We should confirm it for all those who speculate." I reply, sarcastically.

He sits down on the couch. "Its fairly obvious." He remarks, watching me.

"We've been pretty professional, besides that one time." I remind him, thinking about his desk. Not understanding how anyone could come to the conclusion that we're together.

"True, but it hasn't stopped my eyes from devouring every inch of your body every time you walk in front of me." He explains.

I narrow my eyes and sit down across from him, clearly he's not joking. "I guess you have a point, but I still find it uncomfortable for people to speculate, much less know that we are sleeping together."

He runs his fingers through his hair, his irritation showing just a little. "Are you going to try and see your family when we go back?" He asks, trying to change the subject.

It works. I nod, thinking of my parents and get up to grab my purse. I bring it back to the sofa and call my mom.

"Hello?"

"Hey, mom. Its me." I answer.

"John, its Sammie! She just rang!" I hear mom call out and wait for dad to get to the phone.

"Heya, Tiny."

"Hi, dad. I'm just calling because I'll be coming that way tomorrow for a few days. I'm not sure if you have plans."

"Come for dinner! Bring, Alix." Mom interrupts happily.

"Yeah, we'd like to speak to him. Thank him for all he's done. He worked a miracle for us, Tiny." He states, his relief with the situation evident in his voice.

I glance up at Alix, his eyes are on me, watching my every move. "I'll try to get him to come to dinner, but he's a busy guy." I say, to pacify them.

Alix's eyebrow raises. "I'll go." He states, listening in.

I ignore him. "How's Ella and Lilly?"

"Good, Lilly got a new job. She's working at a daycare now." Mom replies, happily.

"That's great. What about you guys?" I question, curious if they'll confided in me what Alix told me, already. That dad has been out of work and they are struggling to pay the bills.

"Its going. One day at a time. Its been easier knowing we have the house." Dad replies, emotionally.

"You know you can talk to me, right?" I tell them, I hear dad sigh loudly and his heavy footsteps as he walks away.

"We know that, honey." Mom replies, quietly.

"I'll let you know what day we can make it to dinner." I say, knowing I won't get anywhere with them tonight. They don't want to talk about their struggles with me. I understand it, I do. However, I'm bitter because it was Alix was who they opened up to, not they're only daughter.

"Love you, hon." Mom says, meaningfully.

"Love you, guys." I respond, ending the call.

"Dinner any night will be fine." Alix, states.

I nod that I heard, leaning back against the couch I close my eyes. "Why won't they talk to me about the bills? Or about dad being out of work?" I question, feeling broken and helpless. We've always been a close family, yet they're keeping this from me, why?

"Pride. He feels like a failure." Alix answers, sounding very confident.

    I open my eyes and look towards him, thinking about his response. He stands up and leaves the room. I hear the water in the bathroom running and know I should call Lilly. I haven't talked to her since I learned she sent my parents bills to Alix. I don't want to have to explain the situation between Alix and I, but I'm sure she is curious. I decide I have to get it over with and hit send on my phone.

"Hey! Sup, buttercup?" She answers, clearly happy to hear from me.

I smile, "I'm good. I hear congratulations are in order."

"Talked to your parents did you?" She laughs.

"Yep, new job. I'm happy for you." I say, honestly.

"Thank you."

"How are they doing? The truth, please." I ask.

"A lot better. Your dad is back to work, part-time but it's something. Alix has been a big help."

I nod, "Yeah, I'm happy he's helping."

"So?" She asks, giggling.

"So?" I ask, laughing. Knowing she wants the full story about Alix.

"How long has that been going on? He's seriously, hot and you haven't said a word." She accuses, teasingly.

"Uh, a couple weeks." I answer, truthfully.

"Well, he's one of the good ones to help your family the way he is." She points out, knowingly.

I sigh, "I know." I watch Alix come back into the room. Once he's in front of me he leans down and lifts me into his arms.

"Hey, I'll talk to you later, okay?" I tell her, as I'm hoisted against his chest.

"Sure. When are you headed back?"

"Tomorrow for a couple days. We're having dinner mom and dad, I'm not positive what day. I'll talk to mom and have her call you." I explain, quickly.

"Sounds good. See ya, soon. Bye."

"Bye." I reply, ending the call.

In the bathroom I see the tub is filled and a glass of wine is sitting on the ledge. He starts undressing me and I take over, "I need to pee." I tell him.

He start's undressing himself and motions to the toilet, I shake my head and point to the door. He smirks and leaves the room. I take out my tampon and pee, then wash my hands. I walk to the tub wanting nothing more than to have a relaxing soak. I finish, taking my clothes off and slip into the hot water, grabbing my glass on the way.

He comes back in naked with a full glass of wine and walks towards me, I sit up, moving forward to make room. He gets in and sits behind me with his legs on either side. I move against his chest and his arms come around me as I rest my head against him.

"Who were you talking to?" He asks, curiously.

"Lilly, I wanted to know how my parents were doing. Since, they won't tell me." I mutter, bitterly.

"They're fine. I told you I was taking care of it."

I take a drink. "Apparently, he's back to work part-time." I reply, ignoring the sense of protection I feel from Alix, in regards to me and my family.

He kisses my neck. "I know. I was thinking of offering him a full-time job." He states, simply.

Startled, I sit up and turn to look at him. "What?" I ask, for clarification.

"On the docks. He knows how to work heavy equipment. I don't see why he can't work for me? You look, troubled." He notices, looking a little on edge himself.

I think over all the complications this could bring. "You won't fire him after we've decided to...you know?"

"No, I don't know." He responds, coldly.

I realize I said the wrong thing, but don't know how to correct it. "After we decide to part ways." I explain, hoping it helps.

He closes his eyes slowly, then responds. "No, I won't fire him."

"He applied at the port before you took over." I tell him, turning back around and leaning against him again. "He didn't get a call back."

"Really?" He asks, putting down his empty glass and dipping his hands in the water. He starts to stroke my thighs and part my legs.

I moan. "Yep."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.5K 1.9K 43
*Book 1 of CEO series* "Am I a villain?" Mr. Martinez probed, pinning me with his intense gaze. "Yes!" He chuckled and instantly he took two large s...
27.2K 1.4K 52
After three years of struggle to prove her worth in a new country, Rox, short for Roxana, finally nails a job at a new construction company that deal...
1.5M 82.8K 65
[Completed] #1 in Romance (05-Jan-21) #1 in India (25-Apr-22) #5 in Humor (25-Mar-21) ❝For the world, it was a love marriage. But for them it was ne...
207K 4.6K 14
Ares stared at me and I swallowed nervously. My eyes trailed over his naked, muscular body as memories of our times together flooded my memory. "Loo...