Alphabet Soup: Tratie

By FlamingValdez

More

A is for Aphrodite's Plan
B is for Baby Names
D is for Demeter

C is for Calamari Incident

2.3K 92 42
By FlamingValdez

Yola! Sorry about the huge delay, but I've been busy with drums and tennis and piano . . . but I'm trying to write faster and get my stories posted sooner so that you fans can be well-fed and happy (enough to vote and comment on my stories) So, here's the third chapter! And by the way, this chapter is a reference to something Travis said in A is for Aphrodite. I hope you enjoy! Oh, and also can anyone give me ideas for an E drabble for future references? I would really appreciate it! Enjoy ; )

C is for Calamari Incident

Travis' POV

It was a normal day on Camp Half-Blood, with the sun shining down, the cool breezes here and there, and the screams of recently pranked campers. Pranked by yours truly, of course. Campers were spread out here and far, doing their daily activities and sharing laughs and smiles. It was nice and well . . . normal.

Travis doesn't do normal.

He was getting bored of everything, the daily routines and the weekly schedules and the rules. Rules. Ugh, that word sent shivers down his spine. Rules. Phst, who was the loser that invented such a thing?

Probably a teacher, they were always out to get him.

But like he always says, rules were made to be broken. And broken they were after he was done with them.

He wanted to do something exciting and fun and well . . . not normal. It was a perfect day (like always) and he wanted to have fun.

Pranks. Pranks always cheer him up! He could do a prank on . . . on . . .

Athena cabin?

Nope, they were way to smart for him and Conner. Plus, they finally started to outsmart all of his pranks, being the 'wiser children' and always trying to resolve the problem with words and thought, blah blah blah. They weren't fun to prank, let's just leave it at that.

Ares cabin?

No way! They would punch his lights out! Well, harder than the average camper would . . .

Artemis?

Nobody's home.

Dionysus?

Okay, I admit I'm a little stupid, but I mean, come on! I'm not that stupid!

Hephasteus?

No, they have so many booby traps and security systems, you couldn't walk by their cabin without getting electrocuted, or atttacked by lasers, or get your clothes sprayed by invisible paint and then have it shown on the big screen at camp so that everyone can see from that hidden camera they installed in the doorway . . . okay, fine! It was one time! Don't judge!

Hera?

Nobody's home.

Aphrodite?

Been there, done that! It was starting to become a bore.

Hades?

Nico, was never really there so he might not really get to witness the beauty.

Hermes?

No way! It is against the book to pull a prank on your fellow siblings and co-workers. And I wasn't going to betray the book anytime soon.

Zeus?

No one home.

Apollo?

No, me and Will made a pact, which kind of sucks. It was because . . . hmmm . . . actually, come to think of it, I have no idea why we made that pact! Gasp! He tricked me! Oh wait . . . so that's why he gave me that twix bar . . . eh, whatever. Moving on!

Poseidon?

Percy . . . is scary when mad. Like, made-me-crap-my-pants-one-time-he's-so-scary scary. Not messing with him anytime soon!

Demeter?

Hmm . . . nah, they were always a bore, plus they usually got caught with poison ivy around his ankles and swung him upside down till all the blood rushed to their heads. He flet like he was going to explode everytime he pranked them.

Maybe if there was a newbie or some sort of visitor that I could mess with-

As if on cue, Conner came running out of the Hermes cabin with an excited look on his face and a skip in his step-run-sprint-whatever.

I sat upright, waiting for him to approach. Maybe he had an idea about a prank or something that could help me escape this boredom.

He finally caught up to me only to start panting while hunched over. It took him quite a while and I was starting to get impatient. Finally, I yelled, "What do you want?!"

"There's a-huff-new-wheeze-camper-pant."  

I sprung up from my chair and grabbed Conner by the shoulders with pure excitement coursing through my veins. This was the thing I've been waiting for all day!

Plus, I already had a plan brewing in my pot of genius.

And it was going to be epic.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Katie's POV

I layed my head down on the arm rest and put my legs up on the seat. The new car smell hit me like a punch to the face (a good kind of punch) as I slowly closed my eyes.

The car ride was a dream compared to what I had to endure in Kansas. The monsters just kept coming and coming and I didn't know what to do. I barely made it out alive, but I was lucky enough to have Argus' van show up just before any more monsters could catch me.

I tried to keep the thoughts out of my crazed mind to try and rest, because let's face it. I needed it, with the blue circles and bags under my eyes and the constant headaches. Plus, sometimes my eyes would twitch so bad that it looked like I was blinking.

Just as I started to drift off into sleep, the car stopped at a hill. Argus nodded for me to get out (I didn't get why he never talked but I didn't question it) When I opened to car doors, the smell of fresh strawberries wafted through the air. I love strawberries.

I started walking towards the big tree at the top of the hill when this man started walking towards me. He looked about mid-thirties with a scraggly, brown beard and stringy hair. He looked like a cave man, especially since he wasn't wearing a shirt which made me feel a little awkward.

I started to approach him, but the strangest thing was that when I got closer, his lower half . . . wasn't his lower half at all but that of a horse! At first, I thought my eyes were tricking me or something, but then I took another long glance and that's when I realized what I was dealing with.

"Why hello, child. Katie, isn't it?" the man/horse asked.

I stuttered a little, stil in shock, "K-katie Gardener. And you're a-a . . ." I swallowed a lump in my throat and decided to try again. "I'm Katie Gardener, and you are?"

"Chiron," the man said as he gave a hearty laugh. A thought just came to me, his name . . . it's so familiar-wait! Oh my God.

"Like the Chiron from . . . H-Hercules?" I squeaked.

"Yes, child. Here let's take a little walk and I promise I'll explain everything."

And with that we started down the hill.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Travis' POV

"Okay, a little to the right, wait! More to the left, a little more, a little more and . . . stop! Perfect!"

I stood back to admire the beautiful masterpiece that Conner and I set up. The new kid was going to flip! But since he's new, he wouldn't dare try and beat up Conner and I because we're much bigger and cooler and awesomer and-oh sorry, got carried away again! Anyway, the point is that this was a great prank and we wouldn't get beat up for it! Score!

"Hey, Conner, I bet you 5 drachma that the new kid's going to be Apollo!" I said, cheerily.

"I bet you 5 drachma that he's going to be Demeter! Deal?" said Conner, pulling his spray gun up in front of his face.

"Deal," I confirmed, then we shook hands and got ready for action.

I climbed behind a huge bush while Conner hid behind a nearby tree. He gave me a thumbs up, so I got my spray gun ready. 

I kept my eyes focused on the trap trigger, never blinking. Well, never blinking until my eyes got watery and bloodshot, but you get the point. Finally after what felt like hours (probably 5 minutes) I saw movement. The bushes that parted in to he clearing started rustling and I heard voices. I looked at Conner for recognition. He nodded slightly, so I looked back to the clearing and saw that a foot emerged from the bushes and was just about to step on the-wait, were those girl shoes?-trigger. Just a step more . . . and . . .

Bang! 

The trap triggered to this huge bucket of raw calamari that was immediately dumped all over the new guy's head. That's when me and Conner sprung out with our spray guns, spraying ink all over the newbie.

I was spraying my ink gun, enjoying myself humiliating this new kid, when I ran out of amo. I looked to Conner who seemed to be out too. We both shrugged and walked over to the new kid. He looked kind of girly with his longish hair and skinny jeans and-oh Gods . . .

It was a girl! And she was hot!

I gulped when I saw her expression under all the ink.

"Who the hell are you and what is you're problem?!" she screamed at Conner and I. She looked cute with that glare of her's but scary at the same time, I mentally cringed.

I said something intelligent like, "Uh . . . um, duh." Wow, this was the first time that I didn't have a witty comeback. What was happening?

 She didn't let me get a chance to reach farther into the vocabulary section of my brain (what? I have one!) and say some witty comeback, because she just kept going. She was on a roll . . . and she was so hot! With her emrald green eyes and her long, flowing brown hair. I made a vow then and there to prank her with all my heart.

"Are you even listening to me, you sexist pig!" Sexist? When did that even come into the conversation?

Probably at the part when I wasn't listening.

Which was pretty much the whole conversation.

Great.

"Yes, I am and I'm pretty sure the rest of the camp could hear you too." I said, recovering my wits.

Her eyes grew so wide that they were the size of dinner plates. Then she did something so unexpected that I was completely caught off guard.

She threw a punch that hit me square in the jaw.

I fell over from the impact and started moaning. Who knew girls could punch so hard?

She huffed indignantely and then stormed off.

I rubbed my jaw apprehensively, as I stared at her walk off.

. . . I think I'm in love! 

Continue Reading