Beneath the lies - Min Yoongi

By Lillyfictions

"Don't throw this away, please I was dumb, I should've told you. I'm still the same person-" "I don't know... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 *
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
*Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
*Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Hate
Bonus Chapter: Babysitting

Chapter 12

430 24 18
By Lillyfictions

And so the weeks went by, you filmed the guys, editing the videos after. Filming as much as you could without bothering them, you were determined to do everything to the best of your abilities. You got along well with the boys, becoming closer with time. Respecting your choice, Yoongi was the only one who kept his distance, you'd exchange friendly looks, but that was about as far as it would get. 

Jungkook would help you sometimes and look curiously at what you were doing. He was quite talented in filming as well which made you bond quite quickly, having a shared interest often does that. Your finished videos could be considered like a longer version of Jungkook's  G.C.F's fading into actual sequences without music, where you could hear the boys talking or singing; long story short a mash-up between Bangtan Bomb and G.C.F beautifully cut together.  

.

"Let's get lunch, I'm starving," Taehyung whined for the millionth time. Namjoon chuckled but ended up clapping his hands twice, which indicated the beginning of lunch break. 

"Finally," Jin sighed, letting himself lean all of his weight on Yoongi who dodged him quickly. Jin nearly lost his balance but caught himself quickly sending a glare at the rapper who only grinned before leaving. You started to move down the corridor, a lightly excited jump in your step at the thought of food. "Goshhhh, I've been craving Chinese food the entire week," Hoseok rambled making you all chuckle. You tried your best to film everything, you had that feeling lunch at the Chinese restaurant was going to be hilarious.

"Ramyeon alarm! Ramyeon alarm! This is not a drill!" Jimin suddenly screeched making you turn around quickly. You pushed your camera immediately into Hoseok's hands while looking around for the youngest. 

"Kookie?"

He was already next to you, his arm snaking around your waist quickly. "Already here babe," he smiled smugly making you roll your eyes with a chuckle. Seeing the threat pass the corner you threw your arms around his neck while giggling obnoxiously loud. Hoseok, being the closest to you pinched his eyes closed at the sound. "Is that really necessary?" he whined silently making everybody laugh. Jungkook kept you close to himself while walking, pressing a kiss on your scalp as you walked past the girl with now platinum blond hair which strangely resembled ramyeon a hell lot. Her eyes practically shot daggers at you. Edged on by her reaction you mentally stuck your tongue out at her and placed a lingering kiss on Jungkook's cheek. 

Yoongi who was walking all the way at the back turned his gaze away from you, clenching his jaw hard to hold back his jealousy. This is making me crazy. Yoongi's gaze staid put on Hoseok's back, needing something to stare at. I feel like I'm drifting away from the kid too. Get a grip on that jealousy, she's not yours. Probably won't ever be. He's like your brother, if he becomes happy, if she becomes happy... then what is your problem?  He sighed silently. I'm selfish. That's the problem. I don't like sharing. Never did.

When she had finally passed, everybody sighed in relief and Jungkook let go of you. His hand leaving yours but still brushing occasionally. When you looked up at him, his cheek seemed slightly reddened. So cute. 

Hoseok handed you your camera back which you took enthusiastically and started to film again. 

This was nothing new since Jungkook's ex was a trainee at BigHit. You'd bump into her all the time, forcing you and Jungkook to put on an act every time she'd come into sight. 

.

7 p.m at the apartment

"I'm cooking tonight," you announced, making everybody especially Jin cheer happily. He had been cooking constantly these last days and was glad to have a break. You were in a good mood and didn't mind spending some time in the kitchen to cook for the boys who seemed absolutely exhausted from practice. 

"Let's eat in front of the TV for once," Jin said and everybody looked at him in surprise, he'd be the first one to forbid eating on the couch normally. "What? I can be lazy sometimes too," he said running his hand through his hair tiredly. 

You started cooking in the kitchen, refusing help from the other members. You liked having time to yourself, coming down from the stress of the day on your own while executing a simple task like cooking. Jungkook had promised to film for you so you didn't have to worry about that either, his footage was as good as yours, if not better at times. 

The boys sat down in front of the TV in the meantime, lazily laying around, talking and joking. 

You had been in the kitchen for a little bit less than an hour and were finally ready to bring the first plates to the living room. You were about to enter the room but stopped dead in your tracks when you heard them talking. "How's it going with Ramyeon?" 

"She still doesn't stop messaging me, super annoying. Seems like our acting doesn't convince her and if it does she obviously doesn't care."

You lean in slightly, looking around the corner carefully. You could see some of the boys but not all of them, most were hidden behind the wall, you would be able to see them if you leaned forward more, but you'd risk revealing yourself which strangely you didn't want. The voices behind the wall were unusually hard to identify. 

Hoseok, Jungkook, and Namjoon were the only ones in your line of vision. You'd have to take what you could. "Hyung you seemed tense lately," 

Is it Taehyung speaking? I think so. 

"Everything's fine. Just haven't slept much." 

Yoongi. Definitely Yoongi. And he is lying. He doesn't want to burden them... You could hear it straight away. God, I love his voice...STOP THINKING THAT.

"You okay with Y/N? We've never really talked about that," Namjoon asked his voice slightly concerned. It would be an understatement to say that your interest peaked. It skyrocketed. 

You stiffened at the mention of your name, starting to feel guilty for eavesdropping on a private conversation. But somehow you felt like it was important for you to hear what was about to be said next. Yet you could see that Jungkook had lowered the camera, turning it off so you wouldn't have any footage of that conversation. They don't want me to know. You felt even guiltier. 

"Yeah sure," he sounded hesitant. Liar. You haven't talked to me once this week, you wouldn't even spare me a glance. 

"If one of us were to-" the voice stopped, Jimin? 

"I mean hypothetically of course-" he stopped again, Spit it out already... 

"If one of us, or even someone else, would date her. How would you stand to that?" This was another voice that had cut off the first, Jin? Or someone else? 

How does he know what, I guess Jimin? wanted to ask? 

They talked about this before...

If it's Jin, he's obviously asking info for someone else too shy to ask themselves...  Did Jungkook just straighten up more? Why is this interesting to him? Your thoughts ran a marathon in your brain, trying to understand as much as you could. You leaned forward a little more, trying to make sense of who was talking. Bad luck for you, your movement was too jerky which made the plates in your hands hit each other. Shit. 

You darted back behind the corner. "Did you hear that?", Namjoon asked, his back straightening as he sat up to look around. "Sorry, my foot hit the table," Hoseok said with a light cough, making you frown. He did definitely not hit the table, why is he saying that? 

You leaned forward again, very very careful this time. You froze in place. Hoseok was staring right at you from across the room. Shiiiiiieeeeeet. He remained silent, merely turning his gaze away from you. Your heart raced in your chest. He feels like I should hear this too. Hoseok never ceased to surprise you. 

"If she becomes happy. I wouldn't mind. It's none of my business anymore. We're not together and she made it pretty clear that she doesn't want me," his voice sounded void of energy, as if he was tired of this entire subject. "I've moved on from it." Your heart clenched painfully at his words. So much for 'I can't and will never let go of you'... 

"So if you could let this subject move on too, I'd be thankful," he sounded slightly annoyed. The others got the hint and dropped the subject. As you looked at Hoseok, he showed you a pained expression. He had obviously still been hoping for the two of you to work things out. 'Sorry' he mouthed and you nodded with your lips pressed together tightly. Another blow to my heart. But this is my own fault. I can't blame him for moving on. Isn't that precisely what I wanted him to do? I can't expect him to be okay with me moving on if I'm not okay with him doing the same thing... You're just selfish. 

That thought hurt. It most definitely hurt. But that's the thing with facing the truth, it's rarely pretty to look at. 

You breathed in deeply while straightening your shoulders. What had felt like hours had gone down in under 5 minutes, your absence had therefore not been that surprising to the boys.

"I'm done!" you smiled brightly, hiding with all your might that you had heard every single word of their conversation.  

You put the plates on the table in front of them and left to get the rest from the kitchen. 

"I'll help you," Hoseok chimed happily. You saw right through his forced smile. The others didn't seem to notice, too focused on the fact that their starving stomachs were finally about to get food. 

As soon as you left the living room Hoseok pulled you into a tight hug. With a light sigh, you snuggled your head into his shoulder realizing just at that moment how much you had needed a hug. "I'm sorry," he mumbled into your hair, while gently stroking your back. 

"Thank you Hobi," you answered softly. Slowly you loosened your tight hold on him and stepped back, releasing a sigh. "I needed that," you muttered to yourself sending him a smile. 

"I know," he smiled at you warmly before pulling you closer again wrapping an arm protectively around your shoulder. "Come on. Let's get the other plates. We don't want them wondering where we went," he chuckled softly and you nodded. You don't know if it was the fact that he was a 94' liner like you or something else entirely, but somehow Hoseok understood you better than the rest of Bangtan, he always seemed to know what you needed. Namjoon on the other hand, also a 94' liner, always seemed to know what you were thinking. Having them both as your close friends was really a blessing. 

Hint for the next chapter ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 294 13
You and Suga have been best friends ever since 7th grade. You guys stopped talking ever since he started working with Bighitentertainment. But Jungko...
3K 117 12
Yoongi is used to being nonchalant. He didn't let anything affect him nor did he try to affect other people. He kept to himself and was pretty quiet;...
108K 5.6K 38
His pink hair, his dimples, his tall figure. You remember those things. But you have no idea who he is or why he keeps showing up around you. You kne...
117K 4.1K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...