Back In The Battlefield *Retu...

By Ghostgamer0819

Fast forward almost a year after the first story ended, and a lot has changed. There's a new addition to the... More

Back In The Battlefield Pt.1

186 18 8
By Ghostgamer0819

9 Months ago:

Piers: "When did you find out?"

(Y/N): "This morning, while you were at the store. Jen was in on it too."

Jen: "Hey, you just sold me out!"

Chris: "So THAT'S where you were rushing to this morning."

Jen: "Maybe a little."

(Y/N): "This is what you've been fighting for. What ALL of us have been fighting for. It's the reason we get up in the morning....It was never JUST for the BSAA."

Piers: "It was for the future."

Chris held up his glass.

Chris: "For the future."

All: "FOR THE FUTURE!"

------------------------Last Night, Your P.O.V.-----------------------

I woke up to wet sheets and what felt like incredibly painful cramping.

(Y/N): "Oh shit, OH SHIT! Piers? Piers! PIERS, WAKE UP!"

-------------------------------Piers P.O.V.-------------------------------

I turned around and instantly realized why she woke me up.

Piers: "Oh SHIT!"

I pounded on the wall behind the bed.

Piers: "CHRIS, JEN, GET UP!"

We were in Hawaii for Chris' birthday, and he was with Jen in the room next to ours.

-------------------------------Chris P.O.V.------------------------------

Piers: "CHRIS, JEN, GET UP!"

I snapped awake and shook Jen awake.

Jen: "What's the matter?"

Chris: "(Y/N)."

We jumped out of bed and ran next door, shoving the door open.

Piers: "We gotta go! NOW!"

Jen: "I'll get the car started."

(Y/N): "Piers. Get my bag!"

----------------------------12:28pm, today---Your P.O.V.----------------

I couldn't help but smile while Piers held Alexandra in his arms. The way he was looking at her and smiling was....Perfect doesn't describe it.

Piers: "You are so perfect. Just like your mother."

(Y/N): "She looks like you. Especially her eyes."

He smiled and looked up at me for the first time since she fell asleep in his arms. He came and sat on the edge of the bed.

Piers: "And YOU, were absolutely incredible."

(Y/N): "Well, I wasn't the only one. But, that doesn't surprise me. Hell, you came back from the dead."

I heard knocking on the door and saw Jen peeking her head into the room.

(Y/N): "Hey sis. Come on in. I'm guessing ya got Chris with you?"

Chris: "Maybe."

They came in, and Chris stood behind Piers...Jen on the other hand came around the bed and hugged onto me.

Jen: "I'm so happy for you! She's so..."

Piers: "Perfect?"

Jen: "Beyond perfect."

Piers: "You wanna hold her?"

She smiled like it was Christmas when we were kids. Piers walked over to her and put Alexandra in her arms. Jen started crying.

Jen: "Oh my god. Mom and dad would be so proud of you, (Y/N)."

Our parents met in the B.S.A.A. like I met Piers. They were partners on Bravo team. But when dad died on a solo mission, mom never came out of her depression. One night, she just went to bed and...Didn't wake up. She was holding his wedding band in her hand. I think she died of a broken heart. I was 12, Jen was 18, so she was deemed my legal guardian. It was just us from then on, until Piers came into the picture.

Jen: "Hello beautiful. You're so lucky, you have two of the best parents anyone could ask for."

I heard Alexandra start to wake up.

Jen: "Easy, easy there sunshine. "

After a few seconds, she went back to sleep.

Piers: "She went right back to sleep."

I heard Jen's phone start ringing...A video call.

Chris: "That who I think it is?"

Jen: "Yep, hey, Piers, can you hold my phone, please? kinda, don't have a free hand right now. It's in my bag, on the chair."

He got out the phone and answered the call.

Piers: "Hey you two."

Jake: "Hey there pup."

Alyssa: "Hey Piers. How are you and the little mutt?"

Piers: "Actually, we're pretty damn great."

Alyssa: "What do you mean?"

He turned the phone over to Jen.

Jen: "Hey Ghost, hey Jake."

Alyssa: "Oh my gosh!"

Jen: "Hey guys. Meet Alexandra Nivans."

Alyssa: "Oh my god."

Jake: "No middle name?"

Jen: "Actually. Sis, what IS her middle name?

I smiled and had Piers turn the phone towards me.

(Y/N): "Her FULL name, is: Alexandra, Jennifer, Nivans."

Jen: "(Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Couldn't think of a better name for her."

I heard Alyssa sniffle.

Jake: "Aaand, now she's crying."

Jen: "Not the only one."

--------------------------------time-skip-------------------------------

It had been two days since I had Alexandra, and we were packing up to head home. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Jen: "Hey, look."

She pointed behind me and i saw Chris sitting by the window, holding Alexandra.

(Y/N): "Huh, looks like someone's getting used to the idea of settling down."

Chris: "I heard that."

(Y/N): "Can you blame me? C'mon, you look good with a kid. I can see you with one of your own one of these days."

Jen cleared her throat.

Jen: "Yeah, who knows."

She's been acting weird recently, since we got to hawaii.

(Y/N): "Hey sis, can you help me get a few things out of the bathroom?"

Piers: "I can get 'em babe."

Jen: "It's OK, I got this."

She smiled and followed me into the bathroom. I closed and locked the door.

(Y/N): "OK, what's going on?"

Jen: "What do you mean?"

(Y/N): "As soon as I mentioned you and Chris having a kid one day, you got anxious. So what's up?"

Jen: "Chris and I have been going back and forth. He wants kids, but I still have things I wanna do. It's not that I DON'T want kids, I just.....I wanna take my time."

(Y/N): "I get it, me and Piers were the same way. But Alexandra just....Happened. After the whole thing in china, when we had some time to ourselves. And she's perfect, in every way."

Jen: "Yeah, but that's not why I'm worried."

(Y/N): "Than what is it?"

Chris: "(Y/N), Jen, we're ready to go."

(Y/N): "I'm sorry, can we talk about this another time? If we don't head out, they're gonna freak."

Jen: "Yeah...Sure."

Continue Reading