Fight to the Surface (Sea Pri...

By Borntosingwithdrama

****MUST HAVE READ SEA PRINCE TO FOLLOW STORY LINE**** Sea Prince is back with book 2! Percy failed to retri... More

RECAP
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
A N N O U N C E M E N T
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Epilogue
More?

Chapter Fourteen

2.2K 136 159
By Borntosingwithdrama

Loki returned to find Percy where he'd left him. Loki had been gone a while, but it was clear that Percy hadn't moved. He still sat there on his bed, head in his hands, staring off into space.

"Percy?" The demigod didn't react. "Perce?" Still nothing.

Loki sat down next to the immortal being, concern washing over him. Percy didn't react to the dip in the mattress suddenly as Loki's weight was added.

Was he being ignored?

"You okay?" He asked softly.

Percy mumbled something Loki couldn't catch.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I asked, 'why me'?" His voice was hoarse and broken. "Why is it always me? What did I do wrong?"

Loki sighed. He had no answer. The world seemed to have it in for the best people. There was something he was told once, but was never sure it was true. "Life does not send us challenges we cannot handle. You may struggle now, you may fail, but perhaps that is because you just haven't found the right solution yet."

"The right solution..." Percy's voice faded. And then it cracked. "But what if there is no solution? What if I'm one of those unsolvable questions? What if there is no solution? What if I'm cursed-"

"Then I'll be cursed right along with you." Loki cut off the rambling demigod, pulling him closer for an awkward side hug, but sometimes and awkward side hug was all you need. "Because whether you like it or not, you're officially stuck with me. No refunds."

Percy sniffled, wiping away a stray tear and laughing quietly, face buried in Loki's shoulder. "Yeah. Okay."

"Now, I have something to tell you." This caught Percy's attention, but he didn't look up, unwilling to meet Loki's eyes. "Tomorrow, I have a plan to get even more of your memories back-"

"Really!?"

"Yes, now hush up and listen. I'm taking you to meet a few people you know. The only thing is, how do I get you out without arousing the suspicions of our lovely resident asshole, Blyke?"

Percy shrugged. He had no idea.

"Too bad if you had an idea. Because I already have one. Tomorrow morning all you've got to do is ask for another if those missions to destroy something, we'll do that first and then meet up with your friends. That way, we steer clear of Blyke's suspicions."

Percy nodded.

"Good. Now rest, you're a mess." Loki pushed Percy's shoulder lightly and without resistance, Percy fell backward onto the mattress. As he did so, he stared up Loki, the sun washing over his features. Loki was right, he did need to rest, despite it barely being midday.

Nonetheless, Percy took the moment to really study Loki, and then he noticed something. It was faint, something Percy would never have noticed in the dark, a place Loki so often preferred to stay.

"What are those?" Percy asked, hand reaching out subconsciously to brush against Loki's lips.

The Asgardian Prince jerked back, retreating into the shadows.

"Nothing to concern yourself with." He scowled with surprising anger and perhaps shame.

"Loki." Percy drawled.

"It's nothing."

"That's not nothing!" Percy yelled, feeling his own temper rise. Loki stayed silent. "So I'm supposed to trust myself with you, but you'll tell me nothing yourself?"

Loki hesitated. The demigod had a point. No plan worked without a form of trust. Not when the two had to co-operate so closely. Resigned, he sat on the bed once again next to Percy, who now sat upright. He stared expectantly at the demigod with hardened, but vulnerable eyes.

The sun once again allowed nine silvery cross-stitch scars to be revealed. They hovered above his lips, puncture marks that would never fade.

Stitch marks.

"Loki, what-"

"All gods have their sources of entertainment." He said quietly, trying to keep his voice level. Even today, he still awaited the day the gods of Asgard would fall, and he would not help. In fact, he'd like to be the instigator of it, and he'd laugh as they fell.

But as of now, it wasn't a story Percy needed to hear. Not while he was trying to escape his own gods with minimal casualties and injuries. If anything it would worsen his views.

"What happened?"

Loki looked away, unable to hold that oceanic green gaze.

"I lost a bet." He said. It was the very simplified version. He would say nothing of how they laughed as it happened, how they relished in his pain and watched his retreat to his quarters, eyes full of glee that finally someone could cause physical damage to the demon Trickster.

Percy gave him a deadpanned stare. He knew all too well that wasn't the full story, perhaps the base of it, but not the whole thing.

"It was my fault anyway." Loki said. Perhaps it partially was, but the punishment was far unnecessary. "I shouldn't have cut off Sif's hair."

"Bullshit." Percy stared.

"I made a bet and insulted somebody's pride, confident I could win and I couldn't." Loki growled. He didn't want to delve into the story much more than that, but he ended up doing so anyway, telling Percy of all the things he just vowed he wouldn't. "The children of Ivaldi are prideful. I was sent to get magical hair extensions for Sif, along with a few gifts from a smith, Dvalin. His brother Brokk interfered with a bet that he could make three things better and if he did then my head was his.

"I agreed, naturally. Even despite my interference I was positive I would win. But I didn't.

"We took the bet to the gods of Asgard themselves and they judged. I lost. Not a single person lifted a finger to help me. I managed to wiggle out of getting my head sliced off because he bargained for my head, yet he could not take it without damaging my neck, which was not as promised. But still my head belonged to him."

Loki didn't plan to give details, even now it was simplified. But he was caught in the moment, mind stuck in the past. He continued.

"I was held down by one of the Aesir as he stitched my lips together. No preparation, just straight into it.

"And they just laughed.

"The gods sat and laughed, they did not a single thing to help me. Not as I struggled and cried in pain. Not as my cries were muffled and my lips ran with blood. Not even my so-called brother." Loki spat out the last word.

Percy sat in stunned silence. Slowly, Loki's shoulders began to shake and his lean frame shuddered. Now it was Percy's turn to comfort Loki.

Percy guided the crying god closer, pulling him in for a hug as he broke apart. Rage ignited in him at the thought of what had happened, only growing as he felt Loki's hot tears splashing against his shoulder where the god's head rested.

And that's how they sat for a long time, Loki crying in Percy's embrace, both recalling things they never wanted to.

Finally Loki calmed and forced himself to regain his composure. "You should rest." He said, pulling a way.

"Only if you do too." Percy said stubbornly, crossing his arms.

"Chaos, why must you be so difficult?" Loki demanded, not really expecting an answer.

"Because I can. Come on. You need sleep as well." Percy said, tugging on Loki's sleeve. Loki relented and lay down, feeling uncomfortable and vulnerable with the emotions he'd bared and the knowledge of his past he'd handed to the demigod.

Eventually they slept, right through the night and to the next morning, when it was time to awaken and put back on masks woven from lies and the desperation to survive with their sanity.

It was time for the next part of the plan.

~~~~

"Blyke, I need another mission." Percy demanded, approaching the son of Iris in the middle of breakfast, determination written on his face.

"Oh, do you now?" Blyke raised an eyebrow, mildly interested. Percy hadn't been asking for them as recently as he used to, and now suddenly he was barging in and demanding to be given one.

Percy scowled.

"Fine, fine. Altar of Hermes. Central Park, destroy it. I want a full report upon your return." Blyke waved a dismissive hand and Percy turned to leave, attempting to hide a small small at the location. That was apparently where Loki intended to take him.

"Ah, just a minute there, Percy." Percy halted, confused. "If you don't mind, Blyke, after he's finished with his little task, you wouldn't mind too much if I borrowed him for a bit, would you?"

Blyke looked up, scowling at the god. "What on Earth for? What're you gonna do with him, take him for a date since you seem to like him so much?" It was a jab at their conversation from the other day and Loki resisted the temptation to lash out with his own retort.

"If you'd like to view it as such." Loki shrugged, a smile tugging at the corner of his lips as Percy spluttered and turned red.

Blyke turned to the demigod. "Well?"

"I don't mind." Percy coughed.

Blyke rolled his eyes. "I'm sure."

Percy decided he wasn't even going to try settle on what that was supposed to mean.

"Whatever. Leave. But I want you both back by the end of the day." Blyke shrugged, turning back to his breakfast. He watched the two leave out the corner of his eye and then waited. Once he was positive they were gone he summoned Sylva. She shifted uncomfortably in front of him. "Follow them." Was all he said.

She had little choice or say in the matter, and thus she left, setting out to follow them after quickly and silently gathering all she would need.

They did indeed go destroy the provided altar, but where they went next, she was shocked.

There, already awaiting their arrival, were six demigods. Six very famous demigods.

~~~~

The Stress Train is coming into the station. *sighs*

As if four exchange students from Korea that speak little English weren't enough to handle, our class is getting a new student. My form teacher comes to me in class today and asks if I'd like to be this new students "buddy"/"friend" when she arrives because I'm and I quote, "A responsible, friendly and relatable person". H o w?

So as of Monday, I'm juggling five students, life, friends and those flippin music assessments. *googles how to get over stage fright*.

Fun snippets from the day: *after the teacher left*
Friend: You're relatable?
Me nodding sounding surprised: I'm relatable.

Other friend: I hope she's weird. She's gotta be weird. Just like us.

Me: *googles conversation starters because I ain't got nothing better than "How's the weather on your side of the room?" (Genuinely used this before)
Other friend: Here's one. Are you gay?
Me: We are not using that.

Me to the teacher: Yeah, uh sure. Where's she from?
Teacher: I don't know.
Me: What's her name?
Teacher: I'm sorry, I don't know.
Me: Do you want me to come early to meet her beforehand?
Teacher: I don't know, I'll have to talk to the Dean, but because I'm on camp next week you'll have a reliever.
Me: 😐😑😓

Sorry, bit of a rant there. And dam does my phone hate Norse names.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 593 15
COMPLETED WE PROTECT After the war with Tartarus, things start winding down. Camp Jupiter heads for California, Magnus and his friends go back to Bos...
318K 8.4K 15
Percy Jackson. The greatest demigod to ever walk on earth. S.H.I.E.L.D has always had him on their watch, but when Loki suddenly springs up, it is ti...
834K 15.1K 41
Percy's life is great, until one of his best friends betrays him.He decides to leave camp with his true friends and meets Chaos. What happens when th...
112K 1.9K 30
Percy is stripped of his powers and his demigod ability's by the gods after being deemed to powerful, after Annabeth told them of what happened in th...