Exiled (AmBw)

By babybluekitten1

Simple business trip to Japan. What could go wrong? *********************************************************... More

Reading Guide
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapters 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapters 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Final Chapter
What Should I Do?
THANK YOU! 500 reads!
THANK YOU! 1k Reads!!!
THANK YOU! 2k Reads!!!
THANK YOU! 5K Reads!!!
THANK YOU! 10k reads!!!
THANK YOU! 20k Reads
THANK YOU! 100k Reads

Chapter 14

4.4K 221 37
By babybluekitten1

Layla: "Uhhhhh," I grunted in pain. My grunts grew louder as I rolled around in the bed. I groaned loudly, struggling to open my eyes.

Takanori: "Are you okay?" I heard Takanori in the distance.

Layla: "No." I croaked out.

I could hear him snickering, but it was faint like he was far away.

Takanori: "What's wrong? You sound like your dying." he shouted.

Layla: " I AM! Why does it sound like you're in another room?" I asked.

Takanori: "That might be because I was." he said, walking into the room.

By the grace of God, I managed to peel myself up off the bed to an upright position. I held both hands to my head, steading my head, which felt like it was about to implode.

Layla: "I feel like I got hit by a truck." I said, feeling every last word I said in the pit of my stomach.

Takanori: "You look like it." He chipperly replied. The happiness in his voice made me want to fight him. Instead, I settled for a dirty look.

Layla: "Thanks. You really know how to flatter a girl." I griped.

Takanori: "If it makes you feel better, you look way better than most people who actually get hit by a truck." he said, then winked, leaning on the bed, allowing for a clear view of his abs to be seen through his shirt as his collar hung low.

Layla: "Can you flex your washboard abs somewhere else they're blinding me." I said, rolling over so I wouldn't see him anymore.

He chuckled.

Takanori: "Do you have a hangover?" he asked, confused.

Layla: "Yeah, I think so." I said, still face down on the bed.

Takanori: "Awww, poor thing. Should I buy your casket now or later?" he laughed.

I turned my head to him and shot him another dirty look just in case the first one didn't get to him.

Layla: "I could literally choke you, you know." I muttered through my teeth.

Takanori: "You're such a mean post-drunk. You weren't this mean before." he said, faintly hurt.

Layla: "That's because I didn't have a hangover before." I said.

Takanori: "Oh yeah, you didn't. Wait, does that mean you remember last night?" he asked, sitting on the bed.

Layla: "What?" I said, realizing I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying.

Takanori: "Do you remember last night?" he asked again. "You said before that when you have no hangovers, you remember nothing from the night before, but when you get hangovers, you remember everything."

My eyes shot open when what he said set in.

Layla: 'Oh, crap! Do I remember last night?' I thought unsettled. I stared blankly until my memories hit me like a wall.

* Flashes of drinking, dancing and making out with Naoto.*

Layla: "Oh, God, what have I done?" I whisper to myself, horrified. "Holy crap, did I really kiss him like that?" I whispered on the verge of wigging out.

Takanori:" Excuse me. Kissed who? Like what?" he said, shocked.

I froze remembering, Takanori wasn't there in the nightclub at the time.

Layla:" Hmm?" I said, pretending like I didn't hear him.

Takanori: "You kissed someone last night?" he furrowed his brows.

Layla: "What? I have no idea what you're talking about." I said, playing dumb.

Takanori: "Sure, you don't." he said, not convinced.

I smiled ear to ear, happy he chose not to pry. Instead, he got up and paced slowly back and forth at the bottom of the bed.

Takanori: "Either way, last night was pretty crazy for us both." he said, staring into mid-air.

I looked at him, wondering what may have happened to him last night that warranted the facial expression he made as he zoned out.

Takanori: "Anyways, last night just cements the fact that I need to keep you away from alcohol." He said, snapping back to reality.

I folded my lips in, unable to disagree with him.

Takanori: "You're a wild one. Everything was going pretty good until you started to make out with Katsuhiro." He said, sitting next to me.

Layla: "I never made out with Katsuhiro, I kissed Naoto." I said, refuting his comment.

Takanori: "AH HA!" He leapt off the bed and pointed at me. " SO IT WAS NAOTO YOU KISSED!" he said, still pointing at me.

Layla:*Gasp* "Oh, that was low." I said, appalled when I realized he had played me like a violin.

Takanori: "I'm low? You didn't want to tell me who you kissed. "he said, sounding slightly offended.

Layla: "Well, that's not something you just bring up in casual conversation. What was I supposed to say?" I said, somewhere between talking and yelling. "Hey Takanori, FYI, I just so happened to make out with one of your co-workers, but its no biggie tho, anyway, how's your morning going?" I said sarcastically.

Takanori: "You know what, that would have been great, actually." he said equally as sarcastic and loud. He sat down at the edge of the bed, backing me.

We both sat in silence for a while.

Takanori: "Was it even good?" he said, referring to me kissing Naoto. His voice teetered between jealous and uncertain.

Layla: "I'm not too sure. I barely remember it." I said, softly before I shrugged

Takanori: "Really?" he asked, still not turning his face in my direction. He sounded kind of relieved.

Layla: "Yeah." I answered, feeling a bit of hesitation in my chest.

I lied. I remembered every single moment of that kiss. How I kissed Naoto and how it felt when he kissed me. I felt kind of guilty for telling Takanori this little white lie, but this isn't anything to argue over. I will probably never see Naoto again anyways. It was just a kiss. Somehow I didn't feel like I will ever forget the way his lips felt against mine.

We sat again, silently waiting for the other to speak until Takanori's chuckle broke the silence in the room.

Takanori: "Did we just have our 'first lovers' quarrel'?" he smiled as he looked over his shoulder at me.

I giggled at his silly joke.

Layla: "We'd have to be lovers first, don't you think?" I winked at him.

Takanori: "That can be arranged," He slyly smiled. "Just tell me when your ready, doll," he said, kissing me on the cheek before he stood up.

I smiled.

Takanori: "So, do I have you all to myself today, or do you have to work?" he put his hands on his hips.

I thought for a bit until I remembered my schedule for the day.

Layla: "Aw, man! I have an interview today." I said, smushing my cheeks together with my hands. "Why today! I feel like hell." I said, letting my hands rest on my face. "You know what. I'm just going to lay back down and die if you don't mind," I said, laying down and pulling the sheets over my head.

Takanori: "Not getting out of bed today, gorgeous?" I could hear a hint of laughter in his voice as he tugged at the end of the covers.

Layla: "Noooooo." I said, dragging the word because somehow it made me feel better.

I laid that way sprawled under the sheet for a while before I immediately sat straight up when I remembered all the crap I had gone through to get and keep my job. There is no way I'm going to give up my position at BAZAAR because of a dumb hangover. When I think about it, even if my arm was severed clean off, it still wouldn't be a good enough excuse to lose my job.

Takanori: "So, you're going to go?" he questioned.

I nodded pathetically.

Takanori: "Needs some help getting up?" He tilted his head to the side as his hands rested on his hips.

I pouted then nodded again.

Takanori: "Alrighty then, here we go." he said as he lifted me off the bed and begun to carry me.

Layla: "I only needed help getting off the bed." I said, realizing we were heading in the direction of the bathroom.

Takanori:" I know." He said, carrying me into the bathroom before placing me in the shower.

Layla: "You didn't have to carry me into the shower. " I felt confused by his antics.

Takanori: "I know." He said, patting me on the shoulder. "Drink this," he said, handing me a bottle of water.

Layla: "Thanks, I guess." I twisted off the cap of the bottle. "Why am I drinking water in the shower?" I questioned him before I began to drink from the bottle.

Takanori: "Because we need to get you hydrated. You can't go to your interview with a hangover, now can you?"

Layla: "No." I said bummed out,  I was still seriously planning to go.

Takanori: "Nope, don't close it back. Drink it all." he said when I went to twist the cap back onto the bottle to close it.

Layla: "Fine." I miserably began to drink again.

While drinking, I could feel Takanori tilting the bottle up so I could drink all of it.

Takanori: "There we go! Nice and hydrated". he said, taking the bottle from me. When I looked at his hands, he was holding the empty water bottle in one hand and the detachable showerhead in the other.

Layla: "You weren't holding that a minute ago." I said suspiciously of his actions. " What are you doing?" I said hesitantly, as I watched him through squinted eyes.

Takanori: "This is for your own good," he said solemnly.

Without a second thought, he turned on the knob and blasted me with cold water!

Layla: "TAKANORI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! STOP! IT'S FREEZING COLD! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! TURN IT OFF!" I flailed around, screaming at the top of my lungs.

Takanori:" IT'S OKAY, JUST BREATHE. IT WILL ALL BE OVER SOON. IT'S ONE OF THE EASIEST WAYS TO SOBER UP. LAYLA, HOLD STILL." He yelled over me as he held me against him to stop me from fighting.

Layla: "TAKANORI! STOP, PLEASE! I'M SOBER! NO MORE! I'M SO COLD." I shouted, pinned against him.

After a bit, I just closed my eyes and tried to endure the cold, seeing as the fact that I couldn't budge an inch. On the edge of thinking this would never end, I heard the water turn off.

Takanori: "See, that wasn't so bad." He said out of breath, putting his arms around me.

Layla: "I'm gonna ki-kill you!" I said through chattering teeth and shivers." Y-Your dead to m-me." I shivered some more.

Takanori: "I know." he said, putting back the showerhead and turning on the warm water. "Enjoy your shower," he said, stepping out of the shower, soaked from head to toe, then exited the bathroom.

After disrobing, I splashed around in the water like a little duckling, thanking God for hot water. I ranted in my head over and over, unable to stop thinking about what just happened to me. Takanori has had many strange and unexplained moments, but this one was different. I couldn't figure out whether I should let this one slide or if I should just kill him.

Layla: "Japan, what have I done to you?" I said as I let the water run on my face. 'Only the strangest things happen to me here.' I thought, then sighed. 'Well, it's time to get out, I guess.' I turned off the water.

I dried off, dressed, and was on my way. I marched outside, ready to confront Takanori, but all the pizzazz and spunk I had in my step was gone when I realized he was no longer in the room.

'Did he take it literally when I said I was going to kill him?' I thought, looking around.

I questioned his disappearance until I noticed a little post-it note on the coffee table.

I hope you enjoyed your shower. If you're not too pissed at me I'm in the car waiting to take you to your interview. Try not to make me wait too long, Dove.

~T

Layla: "Silly guy. Even when I want to kill you, you make me smile." I thought before I quickly grabbed all the things I needed for the interview and ran out the door.

Exiting the elevator in a hurry, I ran into someone at top speed.

Layla: "Oh, My Gosh! I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I said, picking up my things from the ground.

"It's okay. Neither was I. Are you okay? A young lady asked, looking me over for injuries.

Layla: "Oh, no, I'm good. I hope you're okay." I, in turn, did the same.

"I am." The young lady smiled brightly.

'Oh wait a minute, isn't this the young lady that tried to help me the first night I was here?' I thought, recognizing her.

"It's nice to see you again, Miss Kato. How are you and your husband enjoying your stay?" She asked.

'Husband? Oh, shoot! Yeah, when I'm here, I'm married.' I thought.

Layla: "Oh! We love it here. Five stars." I answered her question, partially shocked, she even remembered me.

"Great! Are you rushing off to see him now?" she inquired.

I nodded, then realized she was holding a full box.

Layla: "It's Chisato, right?" I said, finally remembering her name. Are you moving someone out? I asked, confused by why she was holding a box in her arms.

Chisato: "Technically, yes. I'm moving out. Today is my last day at work."

Layla: "Really?" I said, shocked. "No way."

Chisato: "Yep, my last two weeks are up. Now I have a whole new chapter of my life to start." she said, very excitedly.

Her optimism was refreshing to see.

Layla: "Well, I'm happy to hear that. I wish you the best of luck!"

Chisato: "Thank you. Tell your husband I said hi!"

Layla: "I will. " I waved as I left. I felt kind of bad that I didn't tell her we weren't actually married or even dating, but I digress.

Quickly glancing at the time, I held my things tightly and booked it to the car lot.

Layla: "I'm here. I'm here. I made it." I said, hopping into the front seat.

Takanori: "Finally. I thought you hadn't forgiven me, princess." he said, starting the engine.

Layla: "Oh, no. The verdict is still out on that." I said, still uncertain of how I felt towards him.

Takanori: "You sure because these pancakes say otherwise." he said, holding up a breakfast platter.

Layla:*Gasp* "I knew I smelt food. I said, overly happy." Wait a minute. "Are you trying to buy my forgiveness?" I questioned him.

Takanori: "Yes. Is it working?" he questioned me back.

Layla: "Yes. Hand it over." I said, taking the platter from him before I dug in.

Takanori: "I figured you'd be starving after your hangover, so I got you something." he reversed the car and began to drive.

While I was eating, I stopped for a second, overwhelmed by how sweet he was. Everything he has ever done for me has been for my own good. The first day we met, he stopped me from getting kicked out in the rain. At the club, he tried to save me from getting this stupid hangover I had in the first place. He even risked me being angry at him by dousing me with cold water so I could be in tip-top shape for my interview. I was so unsettled by his actions this morning. I didn't even realize I was feeling a million times better than I did this morning. His crazy shenanigans actually worked. On top of that, he turned around and bought me pancakes, man. PANCAKES! I don't deserve him. I began to frown at my pancakes.

Takanori: "What happened to my happy pancake girl?" he said when he realized my mood had changed.

Layla: "Nothing, I'm fine." I said, brushing it off.

Takanori: "You're not fine. You were humming while you were eating your pancakes, why'd you stop?"

I shook my head, not wanting to say anything.

Takanori: "Layla." he said sternly.

Layla: "You're not going to let it go, are you?"

Takanori: "Nope."

Layla: "Why are you so nice to me?" I said quietly.

Takanori: "Not this again. I thought we went over this before." he said exasperatedly.

Layla: "I know, but it just doesn't make any sense. You don't even know me. I could be some sort of serial killer."

Takanori: "Serial killer?" he laughed. "Layla, on a good day, I doubt you could even kill a fly."

Layla: "You don't know that."

Takanori: "Layla, how much do I need to know about you, to know you're a good person?"

Layla: "I don't know." I paused. "More..." I whispered.

Takanori: "How much did you know about me before you saved my life a few days ago." he said, pulling off the road before putting the car in park.

Layla: "Nothing." I said under my breath. "But this is different."

Takanori: "How!? If I was in your position, would you not do the same for me?"

I pause, letting his words sink in.

Layla: "I would."

Takanori: "Exactly. That's because you're a good person, I don't like to brag, but I can just sense these things. It's like a gift."

I laughed.

Takanori: "But don't think you're off the hook. When I come to visit you in New York, you better show me a good time. I don't want to lift a finger. I expect you to carry me everywhere on your back."

Layla: "Sir, yes, sir." I laughed, saluting him.

Takanori: "At ease, soldier." he smiled.

We sat where he parked for a bit just, giggling and smiling.

Takanori: "So, are you ever going to tell me where I'm supposed to be taking you for your interview or..." He asked.

Layla: "Oh, crap! I didn't tell you where I was going, did I?

Takanori: "Nope. That's why I pulled over. I realized I had no clue where I was heading."

Layla: "And here I was thinking you were being overly dramatic." I said, referring to how he pulled over suddenly when we were talking earlier.

Takanori: "You cut me deep, girl. Real deep." he said. "You just don't love me, do you. Just tell me. I'm a man. I can take it." he joked with me.

Layla: "Oh, be quiet, and drive." I said, pulling up the directions for him to follow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 2K 16
(EDITING) This is a Curvy Blasian Community Romance: #AMBW #BLASIAN #BWAM #DISCLOSURE #CelebrateBlackStories #EyesLipsFierce #COMPLETED ⛔️TRIGGE...
2.5K 286 17
|Completed| What happens when you drop a pebble in still water and the rippling effects of its presence can't be ignored. Meeting someone would have...
1.6K 47 5
============================= Various Team Seven meet each other. A lot of fun and some nice surprises. #KakaSaku This is pure chaos; it is not meant...
6.1K 462 20
"If only I hadn't fall in love..........." An unreported medical error caused Jeff's mother's sudden death....... 12 years later, the time for vegean...